[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

So how does it work when you get banned?

Comments

• PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Mainichi wrote: »
    There are lots of issues at the moment. All of my accounts are flagged for "suspicious activity" and I'm unable to use PayPal to load money onto my account. Nexon really, really does not like making revenue these days.

Does that mean a ban or something else?

No, I'm not banned. It just won't let me load my account with anything but pre-paid. I'm quite confused as to how all my accounts can be flagged. They clearly have a bunch of automated systems with very poor standards for flagging that are never verified by actual people.
  • TamagoTamago
    Vindictus Rep: 5,460
    edited February 27, 2017
    So, now there are 5 and possibly more wrongful bans within the past 2-3 days lol.

Hey guys, let's just host an AFK event so people who play games with Vindi open in the background get wrongfully banned and get a strike added to their account, so they can't be unbanned the next time it happens.
  • SekaiizSekaiiz
    Vindictus Rep: 2,290
    There are lots of issues at the moment. All of my accounts are flagged for "suspicious activity" and I'm unable to use PayPal to load money onto my account. Nexon really, really does not like making revenue these days.

No, I'm not banned. It just won't let me load my account with anything but pre-paid. I'm quite confused as to how all my accounts can be flagged. They clearly have a bunch of automated systems with very poor standards for flagging that are never verified by actual people.

Just wondering do you have adblock or anything similar on? That could prevent credit charges.
  • Angel116Angel116
    Vindictus Rep: 1,170
    I've had the "Unauthorized program" message pop-up for me twice and it kicked me out whenever I left the power options window open on my laptop for more than a few minutes while vindi was running. I thought it was cause of other things in my background but it happened a second time. I realized it was the power options because that was literally all I had open while I left vindi running for the migration event when I went to check in the morning.

At this point, I TRY not to have anything open when I have my vindi up.
  • jeddyhijeddyhi
    Vindictus Rep: 1,880
    What is the purpose of having your computer run two games simultaneously? Seems like that would slow down both games.
  • TheDayInLoveTheDayInLove
    Vindictus Rep: 3,975
    Some ppl have OP PC that can run everything smoothly :)
    PixelPantsuXieV0lterixDelteros
    Sekaiiz wrote: »

Just wondering do you have adblock or anything similar on? That could prevent credit charges.

Yep, but I didn't have it the last time I made any charges, and as I said, all of my accounts were flagged when I checked. It's not an error, it says that Nexon has detected suspicious activity. If that's the cause then, again, Nexon has done a horrible job of coding what constitutes questionable activity on the user side.
    Delteros
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    Vindictus Rep: 6,750
    Hi guys!

We are currently looking into this issue. There are some concerns about what will happen to your account if you are wrongfully banned for having another game running while playing Vindictus. Will the ban count as a "1st Strike" against you (meaning your next ban will result in a perm ban)? Rest assured that if you were wrongfully banned for any reason then it will not count against you.

A quick note on bans. Let's say you are playing another game on your PC. Let's say you are also running a cheat program specifically for that game. If you choose to take a break from that game and load up Vindcitus (and still have that other game and cheat program running)... Vindictus will catch that cheat program and probably ban you.

giphy.gif

Also, I talked to our amazing customer support team and they are getting through tickets as fast as they can. If you submitted a ticket for this issue, it should be answered shortly. Thank you for your patience!

• CessaCessa
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    Things are looking up for you then, RagnaStorm. :)
  • TheMoofTheMoof
    Vindictus Rep: 740
    Saygo wrote: »
    A quick note on bans. Let's say you are playing another game on your PC. Let's say you are also running a cheat program specifically for that game. If you choose to take a break from that game and load up Vindcitus (and still have that other game and cheat program running)... Vindictus will catch that cheat program and probably ban you.

The issue is that a lot of anti-cheat programs use the same methods that cheat programs use. So one thing that potentially triggers the false-positives is anti-cheat software from Game A is being detected by Game B as "cheat software" because it has similar behavior. This was definitely the case back in the Hackshield days - sometimes Hackshield, ironically, saw itself as cheat software when it was used in 2 simultaneously running games.
    Delteros2edgy4u
  • TamagoTamago
    edited February 27, 2017
    I'm sorry Saygo, but that is not the case for these people.

There is already one case where the GM claimed that they were running a third-party program for Vindictus and said that the next unban will not be revoked. They had nothing else open other than Chrome, Discord, Skype, and Tales of Berseria. They wouldn't have even been online in Vindictus if it wasn't for this AFK event.

This issue definitely needs to be looked into because at least 5 people were wrongfully banned the past 2-3 days, but you guys will claim there was wrongdoing when there wasn't at all. Funny how thIs all comes back to BlackCipher being faulty, but Nexon will never acknowledge that and choose to screw over innocent people instead.
  • SekaiizSekaiiz
    Vindictus Rep: 2,290
    TheMoof wrote: »

The issue is that a lot of anti-cheat programs use the same methods that cheat programs use. So one thing that potentially triggers the false-positives is anti-cheat software from Game A is being detected by Game B as "cheat software" because it has similar behavior. This was definitely the case back in the Hackshield days - sometimes Hackshield, ironically, saw itself as cheat software when it was used in 2 simultaneously running games.

I'm sorry Saygo, but that is not the case for these people.

There is already one case where the GM claimed that they were running a third-party program for Vindictus and said that the next unban will not be revoked. They had nothing else open other than Chrome, Discord, Skype, and Tales of Berseria. They wouldn't have even been online in Vindictus if it wasn't for this AFK event.
    This issue definitely needs to be looked into because at least 5 people were wrongfully banned the past 2-3 days, but you guys will claim there was wrongdoing when there wasn't at all. Funny how thIs all comes back to BlackCipher being faulty, but Nexon will never acknowledge that and choose to screw over innocent people instead.

Referencing these two posts, it seems that Tales of Berseria could have their own anti-hack system built in, which BlackCipher detects and promptly bans the user. I would ask the development team to look into this issue to prevent further bans for people playing different games with their own anti hack. It says a lot when someone can get banned from Vindictus because they had Maplestory running and Hackshield detected itself as a hack.
  • RagnastormRagnastorm
    Vindictus Rep: 1,080
    Monoha wrote: »
    Ragnastorm wrote: »
    i havent played this lovely game since regina came out. got bored, yada yada. today i try logging on to my account and lo and behold, "your account has been permanently been banned" greeted me in the front page. so how does one get banned when you havent played in over a year? lmfao

Welp, at least welcome back Ragna. I see you still use the bold hue.

heck yeah, cant let my old vindi "persona" go lel
    Cessa wrote: »
    Things are looking up for you then, RagnaStorm. :)

let's hope ;-; i did receive an email from a GM today, so props to support actually being active unlike how it used to be lol
  • BirdSpiritBirdSpirit
    Vindictus Rep: 915
    Will the ban count as a "1st Strike" against you (meaning your next ban will result in a perm ban)? Rest assured that if you were wrongfully banned for any reason then it will not count against you.

Then unban Sani already if her first ban doesn't count.

dazedgumballLadyFaye2edgy4uPrototypemind
  • TamagoTamago
    Too bad we don't get provided useful information like Counterstrike Nexon: Zombies does.
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/273110/discussions/0/490124466477591166/
  • ShadowMadaraShadowMadara
    Vindictus Rep: 2,260
    Well this 1st Strike thing is making me scared cause I think I got like 2 random DC in the last 3 months can @Saygo check this for me?
    Sylphide
  • TheDayInLoveTheDayInLove
    Vindictus Rep: 3,975
    edited February 28, 2017
    Status update: my Lynn got released, my Kai is still in jail. They asked me for my personal info, so I guess my Kai will be free soon.

Though, I still don't know what's the suspicious activity that flagged me for the ban. In the lastest reply, the GM tell me that next time the ban won't be lifted so this going to leave a mark on my accounts. I guess I won't be eligible for any give away in the future, but the really worrisome problem is when will that activity flagged my Lynn for next ban. I love my characters and don't want to lose any of them.
  • DealerDealer
    Vindictus Rep: 2,815
    Well this 1st Strike thing is making me scared cause I think I got like 2 random DC in the last 3 months can @Saygo check this for me?

If you didn't get banned/permabanned then you should be fine.
    So yet another person confirming direct GM replies that contradict what we were told in this thread. It's ridiculous that you get a single "get out of jail free" card regardless of the reason for the ban when Nexon's system is clearly at fault.
  • XieXie
    Vindictus Rep: 2,115
    edited February 28, 2017
    Too bad we don't get provided useful information like Counterstrike Nexon: Zombies does.
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/273110/discussions/0/490124466477591166/

oRhKTUt.png

Gg, I recognize a few of the stuff on the list that I use often like Media Player, SpeedFan, Eclipse, and AVG Anti-Virus. I didn't think they could conflict but maybe it does according to that GM. It would be nice if we could have a list like this because there are a few programs on that list that I thought were harmless such as SpeedFan and Anti-Virus

PixelPantsuCallisthene