[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

So how does it work when you get banned?

RagnastormRagnastorm
Vindictus Rep: 1,080
in Account Support
i havent played this lovely game since regina came out. got bored, yada yada. today i try logging on to my account and lo and behold, "your account has been permanently been banned" greeted me in the front page. so how does one get banned when you havent played in over a year? lmfao

Comments

• KursKurs
    Vindictus Rep: 2,320
    maybe you were hacked and the hacker got you banned.
  • RagnastormRagnastorm
    Kurs wrote: »
    maybe you were hacked and the hacker got you banned.

that sounds... lovely. hows support nowadays? i remember back when i played if it was a money issue they were fairly quick, but anything else was kinda slow. has nexon improved with support? D:
  • DelterosDelteros
    Vindictus Rep: 2,855
    If what you say is true then someone must've accessed your account somehow with the intent of getting you banned
    If you haven't already, just open up a support ticket and they'll take care of it
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    edited February 25, 2017
    There was a name cleanse on old characters about a year and a half ago, so if you actually haven't played since it came out, so there's a possibility it might have something to do with that. Regardless you'll have to submit a support ticket to find out more.
  • RagnastormRagnastorm
    thank you for the answers. im assuming my chars havent been on in about 200-500 days, since i checked with an alt account and looked at my guild list as to when my characters were online. the banned account was on 4 days ago, so it seems liked the call about them being hacked might be true, which freaking sucks. i sent in a ticket, so hopefully it gets fixed. i have a lot more money than im willing to admit put into that account, and it would blow if its all gone +cry
  • Dinko4TheWinDinko4TheWin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,400
    Ragnastorm wrote: »
    i havent played this lovely game since regina came out. got bored, yada yada. today i try logging on to my account and lo and behold, "your account has been permanently been banned" greeted me in the front page. so how does one get banned when you havent played in over a year? lmfao

support is fast. Within one week you should have it through. I think Nexon has a live chat also, so if you can get on that it would be faster.
  • MalieMalie
    Vindictus Rep: 910
    I was just greeted by the same message when I tried to log on my arisha account, I was on it earlier today, disconnected twice, but I didnt get the "unauthorized program" message, which is what I usually get when I open photoshop. This time I opened Tales of Berseria and I had black desert minimized, I don't think those are hacking programs... :/
  • TamagoTamago
    Vindictus Rep: 5,460
    edited February 26, 2017
    Malie wrote: »
    I was just greeted by the same message when I tried to log on my arisha account, I was on it earlier today, disconnected twice, but I didnt get the "unauthorized program" message, which is what I usually get when I open photoshop. This time I opened Tales of Berseria and I had black desert minimized, I don't think those are hacking programs... :/

My friend was wrongfully banned yesterday in the exact same situation. This friend was AFK for the teddy bear event. Said friend had disconnected with a "network error" popup, relogged, then disconnected again with another "network error" popup. Trying to log in a second time prompted an account restricted message, which later turned into a permanent ban. My friend also had the game Tales of Berseria open. This probably triggered an autoban, since the exact same thing happened to both of you guys and you both were playing Tales of Berseria. The ban was appealed, but it probably counts as a strike on the account now and another wrongful ban in the future probably won't result in an unban. Pretty dumb if you ask me, especially during an AFK event where people are going to have Vindi open in the background to play other games. :/

You should link this forum thread and these two posts in your ticket to bring it to their attention as well. Maybe they'll remove the strikes due to having Tales of Berseria blacklisted for whatever reason, since that's really unreasonable imo.

I have Black Desert open alongside Vindi, so I know for sure that's not what caused your autoban. On a side note, my friend was dc'd from Vindi before for opening MapleStory. BlackCipher is so good, guys.

EDIT: Lol another person got banned for Tales of Berseria. That makes 3 so far.
    JuneFourthMalieV0lterix2edgy4uMochiSweetAnthonytonyboy
  • XieXie
    Vindictus Rep: 2,115
    edited February 26, 2017
    Guys, just a warning but try and not play Tales of Berseria while playing Vindictus at the same time for now until this has been resolved. A few people that I know had already been banned. Like the others in this thread, they've got two network disconnects then a permaban message.

On the other hand, I really hope that Nexon considers removing the ban strike from those who are affected because of a game that had not been added to BlackCipher's list yet.

Edit: ....and another person I know hits the dust.... :V
    Edit2: Noooo!!! Not Day too!
  • TariroTariro
    Vindictus Rep: 1,945
    Yup. I was banned probably because of Tales of Berseria as well. Thanks Nexon.
  • MalieMalie
    Vindictus Rep: 910
    Vindictus doesn't seem to like it when you have other games open, but its really picky about when it wants to boot you and what other games you have open when that happens. I did have tales of berseria running while playing my fiona account, but that one is fine...but I'm not gonna open ToB now though, not when vindictus is running.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    For a while Vindi wouldn't even let me run BnS while I had Vindi up. The "anti-cheat" programs these games use are horribly ineffective on top of being poorly designed in terms of how they decide what constitutes an improper program.
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    Really makes you wonder how they managed to code an anti-cheat that auto-bans you for having another game open...
  • dazedgumballdazedgumball
    Vindictus Rep: 7,725
    edited February 26, 2017
    Nexon really wants you to be playing Vindi only and no other games while it's running, which is really stupid tbh.

My suggestion is run Vindi on a laptop and afk there while you play your other games on your main comp.
  • MochiSweetMochiSweet
    Vindictus Rep: 3,050
    Good thing they don't put League in their blacklist heh.
  • TheDayInLoveTheDayInLove
    Vindictus Rep: 3,975
    edited February 26, 2017
    So I'm not the only one just suddenly got banned for no reason, I guess. less than 24 hours ago I was online, playing and raiding, now my account got banned.

Edit: I don't have Tales of Berseria in my pc.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    There are lots of issues at the moment. All of my accounts are flagged for "suspicious activity" and I'm unable to use PayPal to load money onto my account. Nexon really, really does not like making revenue these days.
    Xie
  • SculpSculp
    Vindictus Rep: 8,725
    edited February 26, 2017
    Nexon really wants you to be playing Vindi only and no other games while it's running, which is really stupid tbh.

My suggestion is run Vindi on a laptop and afk there while you play your other games on your main comp.

doubt it, I'v been playing windlands, for honor, overwatch and some ToB during the event for the past week. oh and Berserk.
  • TamagoTamago
    Vindictus Rep: 5,460
    edited February 26, 2017
    There are lots of issues at the moment. All of my accounts are flagged for "suspicious activity" and I'm unable to use PayPal to load money onto my account. Nexon really, really does not like making revenue these days.

Does that mean a ban or something else?
  • MonohaMonoha
    Vindictus Rep: 1,485
    Ragnastorm wrote: »

Welp, at least welcome back Ragna. I see you still use the bold hue.
    Ragnastorm