[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Game Launch Blocked

Comments

• TierTier
    Vindictus Rep: 100
    You'd think 5+ years of the game running would add at least all of the European countries into the EU list, but no.. No.. Was a player on EU, because I had a beta account, came back after a break ( Left before the server migration) and now I'm blocked, real great job.
  • NavNav
    Vindictus Rep: 915
    I came to check if something changed, but seems to early. In February wil be anniversary lol. I wonder why accounts registered before that crap migrations are blocked too
  • nikgltnikglt
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    edited December 5, 2017
    Nexon blocked about a dozen of countries during the migration, mods tell "its on our team's mind"... right, so much progress made since the migration.
    Situation hasn't changed at all since the migration, and due to the laziness of Nexon to focus on that main issue, instead they put it aside and trying to forget about it. Sales, events, updates, patches... everything is done except for solving the migration issue THEY caused in the first place.
    Great responsibility there, great job for killing your own damn game and it's europian player base.
    I wont be surprised if this game get's shutdown, and if it does, its all due to Nexon amazing decision making and their diligent team to solve such massive issues.
    Apparently making money and coming up with events to their DEAD player base seems to be much more important.
  • KrezzzKrezzz
    Vindictus Rep: 750
    still nothing eh >_>
  • SluckerSlucker
    Vindictus Rep: 740
    Happy new year!
    I hope you'r wishes come true.
  • skyeeskyee
    Vindictus Rep: 610
    Happy new year!
  • MaybeUnBlockIsraelMaybeUnBlockIsrael
    Vindictus Rep: 1,180
    Happy new year . Hopefully this shitty company remembers in 2018 to unblock some countries #theGameIsDying
  • MadcobraMadcobra
    Vindictus Rep: 5,230
    happy new year to all blocked regions
  • arcanewarcanew
    Vindictus Rep: 110
    breaks my heart loved this game so much
    Slucker
  • RupucsRupucs
    Vindictus Rep: 425
    will have a happy anniversary soon.
  • AushweedoAushweedo
    Vindictus Rep: 220
    Hello everyone,

I never post anything in any forum at all, but the situation of this game from NEXON side and player side got me to do that. I'm actually amazed about the whole situation. Imagine you have your own restaurant in foreign country and you only allow to eat for those who you know only or only specific kind of people. And your restaurant is big, innovative, luxury and so on. You have plenty of resources to generate piles of money by serving unique kind of services but you just don't do that. More and more people getting disappointed and choosing other places where they would be allowed to do that and do EVEN MORE.

According to Steam charts, Vindictus has only 250-450 playerbase nowadays, when their highest peak of players was 3500 people. That's like 9 times more than it is right now. I was playing the game from 2013 beta, my friends also, they were investing to further game development, and they spread the news about this game to invite more and more players to this game. Unfortunately, none of them can't play right now. It's weird when so many countries are blocked from using services, because there are plenty of loyal, determined players worldwide who would raise NEXON to whole new level and would generate finances even more quicker what would be very efficient to players/community and whole corporation. It's never to late to revive the game, but it needs efforts, it's not that big issue, but solving it might have very big positive effects. It's NEXON's choice whether they want to revive the game, revive their finances, attract new players, bigger community, reach the whole next level or whether they want to let the game, loyal community, and whole corporation reach the extinction.

Hope you guys feel well,

Sincerely,

Aushweedo.
    TadioMaybeUnBlockIsrael
  • TadioTadio
    I agree with you
    and the longer that problem stays the sooner peoples will forgot about this game
    ( well those who live in EU ...maybe...probably... idk )
    and when this will happen this game will die in Europe for real
    maybe :/
    just like one game that i wanted to play ( cosmic league )
  • RupucsRupucs
    101 of how to screw up big time.
  • DeQuilaDeQuila
    Got nothing to do. Remember this game for a few years back, thought il give it a go again. Have the game downloaded, press play aaaannndd the then **** storm starts. GAME LAUNCH BLOCKED. Find out that for whatever reason Nexon thinks that i dont live i the EU anymore. First BDO with Pearl Abyss and now Nexon. Good job, you dun fucked it up.
  • SluckerSlucker
    Absolutely nothing to do with EU here, the reason some countries are blocked is PROBABLY because Nexon does not have legal rights to charge money in those countries(or high expenses).
    We are all selfish, we are only fulfiling our selfish needs like JOY. You are playing vindictus only because you get alot of JOY in return, and pay only if you get something in return(you never donate money to vidny, you only trade so that you can get some more JOY), even little things like a new haircut.
    As do Nexon. Nexon gets its "joy" from profits. Yes in a way nexon want to give you JOY, but only because they anticipate net profit in return.
    And so they probably opened access to countries with moderate-high spending powers, because each countrie gives some expenses(like marketing, servers, native support etc) while net margin may be insignifficant, unreliable or even negative.
    Basicly its cheaper to just say no to a group, than to make exceptions.
  • KrezzzKrezzz
    Vindictus Rep: 750
    Slucker wrote: »
    Absolutely nothing to do with EU here, the reason some countries are blocked is PROBABLY because Nexon does not have legal rights to charge money in those countries(or high expenses).
    We are all selfish, we are only fulfiling our selfish needs like JOY. You are playing vindictus only because you get alot of JOY in return, and pay only if you get something in return(you never donate money to vidny, you only trade so that you can get some more JOY), even little things like a new haircut.
    As do Nexon. Nexon gets its "joy" from profits. Yes in a way nexon want to give you JOY, but only because they anticipate net profit in return.
    And so they probably opened access to countries with moderate-high spending powers, because each countrie gives some expenses(like marketing, servers, native support etc) while net margin may be insignifficant, unreliable or even negative.
    Basicly its cheaper to just say no to a group, than to make exceptions.

If what you said about not having the rights to sell in those countries was true, then we wouldn't be able to play all the other games (Even maple story still works with everything after being migrated, but vindictus blocks us for some reason), it makes no sense thatnwe can play every other + NX cash being functional in those countries, but not vindictus
  • SluckerSlucker
    It is only my assumption but there was a software list, that is used by Vindy, it can be possible that you have to pay for a comercial use of sutch in some countries maybe?
    Also i remember(pretty long ago) not being able to buy nx within my local bank, so that i had to use "other" methods.
    Krezzz
  • ortieveortieve
    Vindictus Rep: 300
    dillits wrote: »
    Nav wrote: »
    goodbye yo vindi (can't play from Ukraine now)

Can't play from Latvia also

Cant play from Israel.
  • Hikari18Hikari18
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    I just finish downloading the game just to find out my country isn't on the list even though it is in all other games from the same company... I'm kinda composed... :/
    Anyways I see this topic is like from a year ago, and I wanted to ask if there is any progress if there were/planned actions to solve this problem, or all you did during last year was to wait and talk with just some mere workers with no powers, without the ability to actually make any change in this case?

Thank you in advance for any replay, hope it's not too late and there are still some players out there so we can make a change and free those countries. :)
  • RupucsRupucs
    well ever since the start all we have recieved as a semi answer is that its being looked into. So jea. take from it what u will. it looks though that it has been sweeped under the rug so to say since there have been no proper response or explanation as to why it is the way it is.