[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Rise - Where did the fun go?

Comments

• Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    @Question2 Now you're just being silly. I specifically had my Quick Battle setup to show S1/S2 raids so that I could help newer players clear content. Before QB I used to search the boards both in Malina & Colhen to see if there were lowbies needing assistance. According to your claim Vindi should become the most popular title in the West now, because the update has trivialized everything and taken away and depth that the game has. Everything that drops falls like rain, and crafting has been gutted, so there's no reason to dedicate time to the game anymore. All the supposed easy mode players that you used to help should be returning in droves, so you'll be in great company.

Uh...sorry but the QB thing was only added relatively recently. Im talking about people who invite newbies in colhen channel 1 to their guild, or via using the auto invite feature, years ago. Or just offering help to them for things like red ruins. How often did you do that?

I had a guild member quit at level 6 after making a Delia because he found leveling "too slow". He played for literally less than an hour. Tell me, how would you even have known he existed? He didnt get up to level 60 to do s1 raids and you would never have seen him at all in QB. Especially since he quit before QB was added to the game. Even KR devs admit that most players never get to level 60 at all and quit well before then. How would you know who they are or why they quit?

I never said RISE making things easy was guaranteed to bring in tons of new players. Hell, its been less than a day? I said it was intended to bring in new players by making things easier for them. Whether or not that works as intended is another thing entirely.

If you dont believe me that newbies quit because they find it too hard, again, that is up to you. But bringing it up in public and constantly accusing me of lying is silly. Please stop. Just be an adult and agree to disagree if you find our views incompatible.
    Hurricane622FloatnhiFee
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    Vindictus Rep: 2,915
    Question2 wrote: »
    @Question2 Now you're just being silly. I specifically had my Quick Battle setup to show S1/S2 raids so that I could help newer players clear content. Before QB I used to search the boards both in Malina & Colhen to see if there were lowbies needing assistance. According to your claim Vindi should become the most popular title in the West now, because the update has trivialized everything and taken away and depth that the game has. Everything that drops falls like rain, and crafting has been gutted, so there's no reason to dedicate time to the game anymore. All the supposed easy mode players that you used to help should be returning in droves, so you'll be in great company.

Uh...sorry but the QB thing was only added relatively recently. Im talking about people who invite newbies in colhen channel 1 to their guild, or via using the auto invite feature, years ago. Or just offering help to them for things like red ruins. How often did you do that?

I had a guild member quit at level 6 after making a Delia because he found leveling "too slow". He played for literally less than an hour. Tell me, how would you even have known he existed? He didnt get up to level 60 to do s1 raids and you would never have seen him at all in QB. Especially since he quit before QB was added to the game. Even KR devs admit that most players never get to level 60 at all and quit well before then. How would you know who they are or why they quit?

I never said RISE making things easy was guaranteed to bring in tons of new players. Hell, its been less than a day? I said it was intended to bring in new players by making things easier for them. Whether or not that works as intended is another thing entirely.

If you dont believe me that newbies quit because they find it too hard, again, that is up to you. But bringing it up in public and constantly accusing me of lying is silly. Please stop. Just be an adult and agree to disagree if you find our views incompatible.

aus server sounds like a weird place, almost bizarro world. i'd love to visit some time.
    oCharlottePhoebeHalliwel
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    It really didn't have to get personal in here...

Anyway, I agree with Prototypemind that the inherent difficulty (the game-play mechanics) of the game has never actually been a real problem. It is the added difficulty of how the developers handle bugs, player stats, boss stats, and rewards. Lavasat was such a dreaded raid because of the gear that was required even to "qualify" for success prior to Season 3, combined with the gimmicky chain-hooking, and lack of additional phases that made the boss uninteresting. Practice Mode was even provided so that players could actually learn the raids, although they should have been set up like Ein Lacher with the quick retry.
    KayoAemskey
  • 7th_Sister7th_Sister
    Vindictus Rep: 625
    edited June 22, 2017
    You are right overall, because now groups of people leveling together will have no challenge at all at any point and people looking to take on a solo challenge will not have any until they reach level 90 (which takes a while)... but I would like to make it crystal clear that there was a few problems with this game's leveling experience. The challenge the game optionally gave us was great, I was honestly bored until i got smacked around in a hard mode raid i was trying to do for the story. I ended up barely beating it after a few tries with just socks left, all armor busted lol. I was like wow thats cool and fun to have these brutal fights. The problem though is I got super tired tbh at the end of season 1. It was sending me to raid after raid AFTER raid and i was like god PLEASE. To study all the attacks in all the raids and solo it was taking way too long, plus it was dead content and not worth learning anyway. I was simply not in the mood for this anymore, but I was super into the story and loved the direction it was going. I also love visual novels so I love how the story is told for the most part. The fix? I discovered I could walk up to the board and do easy mode! I was so used to using the quick battle menu that I forgot that was a thing. But then had to go back and forth and back and forth from rocheste dock to colhen dock and search for wherever the heck the area it was that had the raid. It was actually confusing. The worst part though is even on easy mode Keagan did the one hit kill, and Thor could kill me in two to three hits LOL. They had way less HP and were slower though, so my plan literally became to go into dark knight and just nuke them before I started to slip up and get hit. So when you look at how easy the pre-90 battles are now, its really no different. I just dont have to walk anywhere, dont have to see the empty boat depart scene everytime and don't have to wonder like 'can i do this on hard without dark knight' and whatnot.

I think they should sell level 90 characters tbh. If someone doesn't like the story, they will be bored for a while as things are right now. They should also probably allow lower levels into hero mode and scale their stats up to a certain minimum. This way they can group up or find a challenge when they desire it

KayoAemskeyLoLoBootyA5UNA4U
  • BladeXAngelBladeXAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,805
    edited June 22, 2017
    looking thru reviews, is it THAT EASY on leveling now?

if so, what's fun about repeatedly running maps, 1 shot and facetank everything with nothing worth exploring and challenging, nothing worth grinding, fun for new comers when it is extended all the way from lv1-lv89?

Sounds like a Private Server play mode to me
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    edited June 22, 2017
    looking thru reviews, is it THAT EASY on leveling now?

if so, what's fun about repeatedly running maps, 1 shot and facetank everything with nothing worth exploring and challenging, nothing worth grinding, fun for new comers when it is extended all the way from lv1-lv89?

Sounds like a Private Server play mode to me

The only fun that I can confirm is gambling because the game provides such easy ways to obtain the items. Vindictus has been reduced to a construction game where you just farm for items to try to build +20 fully enchanted, power infused, and 5* quality item. That is why the stat-ranking system was put into place, so the contest is now about how hard you can farm and how lucky you can get. It is no longer about fighting fomors, defeating tough foes, and walking the "Hero's Journey" that the main story made such a big deal out of.

Everything that Season 3 built and fixed was flushed down the toilet.
    GewelliriousXieFlufffyParrotKayoAemskeyPrototypemind2edgy4uLazutHurricane622misakamisakaSaintGuinnessand 2 others.
  • BladeXAngelBladeXAngel
    edited June 22, 2017
    lol why can't you transfer HIT's play style into vindi? **** load of farming, slow progress, but progressing everyday

seriously FK this, i hate whining on forum everyday, but it's just painful to see how failing vindi is, after some 7 years of bond. I still want to play, as long as it gives some sort of challenge and fun, reachable goals even by working very hard. Miss the good old days.
    GewelliriousOrder5XieFlufffyParrotLazutMintchiSaintGuinness
  • KayoAemskeyKayoAemskey
    Vindictus Rep: 1,790
    SlyGoat wrote: »
    Face tanking your way through the game is what they want to encourage, because less skill = more gear reliance and therefore more cash shop transactions.

I really, really don't doubt this, sadly. The way the update was pushed out, and with how the mechanics have changed (no potion animations, higher enchanting returns, etc...) it really seems like they want you to care less about skill of any kind, and more like they want to capitalize on what's left in the collective community wallet.
    XieHurricane622
  • EosEos
    Vindictus Rep: 995
    All of these complaints have already been made in KR when this patch came out then. Nothing was changed then in KR when it's most likely to. NA has no control over the content.
    Quinque
  • pootismanpootisman
    Vindictus Rep: 885
    edited June 22, 2017
    Nexon benefits from taking any sort of learning out of this game early on in order to force people gear2win to compensate.

It's technically not forced, as someone can learn when raiding S3, but your average casuals when given the option to:
    1). learn the game as it should be played which will require hours and some serious skills/reflexes
    2). gear2win

will resort to the least painful and most efficient way of not dying (aka 2).

EDIT: I do want to mention S3/nilf is still challenging with the new boss HP buff in solo play, but the problem is the game doesn't even get remotely challenging until S3.
  • RyuTheGreatRyuTheGreat
    Vindictus Rep: 845
    I agree with the person who started this thread...this update destroys any type of challenge the game presented. This game isn't unique anymore. I've been playing this game since beta and I can tell you that this is by far the worst update of all time. Bosses are soo boring now and easy now.
    KinsuruQuinque
  • BladeXAngelBladeXAngel
    gonna miss the good old time fighting through last chapter in colhen when i'm leveling my miri.
  • KursKurs
    Vindictus Rep: 2,320
    To me when I first started playing the game I loved the fact that the gameplay fit the storyline where humanity was fighting a losing battle and difficulty of the battles and how fragile we were compared to the Fomors despite being the best of the best reflected that humanity is screwed feeling. So yeah I'm on the nerf = bad side. Also I'm still hoping for something that's less slash slash vs 1 giant monster and more creative every now and then. Maybe like being overrun by an Army of trash mobs that requires teamwork to survive rather than focus on one enemy that's more in line with things you see in AAA games.
    XieNoburoLazutKayoAemskeyHurricane622KinsuruMikewer
  • MyDeliaMyDelia
    Vindictus Rep: 655
    Americans like easy games so I don't know what the whining is all about.
    Quinque
  • KursKurs
    Vindictus Rep: 2,320
    pffffft Americans now days. Didn't they make devil may cry 3 harder for Americans?
  • PuppymanPuppyman
    Vindictus Rep: 3,055
    Apparently dark souls doesn't exist then
    Prototypemind
  • MrGoldMrGold
    Vindictus Rep: 1,490
    edited June 22, 2017
    Demon Souls was harder. Dark Souls introduced Iron Flesh.

The answer to "Where did the fun go?" is it went exactly where the new Director wanted it to go. Gambling. That's right, the real fun now is for the gambling addicts to throw thousands of dollars down in an extremely low attempt to hit +20 on X weapon. If you want to support the brains behind this update, then start throwing all your cash at runes and blow everything to hell. Then after you give them 50% of your savings account, you can look forward to the next update of +25 enhancement.

If you don't like this update though, then stop spending money on this game and hope to God that no whales take the +20 bait. The only way this Director is getting fired is when the profit charts go negative.
    Hurricane622Quinque
  • BladeXAngelBladeXAngel
    MrGold wrote: »
    Demon Souls was harder. Dark Souls introduced Iron Flesh.

The answer to "Where did the fun go?" is it went exactly where the new Director wanted it to go. Gambling. That's right, the real fun now is for the gambling addicts to throw thousands of dollars down in an extremely low attempt to hit +20 on X weapon. If you want to support the brains behind this update, then start throwing all your cash at runes and blow everything to hell. Then after you give them 50% of your savings account, you can look forward to the next update of +25 enhancement.

If you don't like this update though, then stop spending money on this game and hope to God that no whales take the +20 bait. The only way this Director is getting fired is when the profit charts go negative.

i'm not even thinking about going that far, i'd be lucky to hit 15 again.

but if someone gets fired, let me pour some gas on him to help. most of this update is retarded.
    KayoAemskeyHurricane622Quinque
  • RhapsodyOfFireRhapsodyOfFire
    Vindictus Rep: 5,375
    The reason people don't use boss strategies is because they can avoid the wiping with trans and uninterruptible skills.

This game has never been about teamwork since S2. And it shows that peer-to-peer is crap when you realize that it's easier to beat a boss in solo than lagging through the whole party run. Now it's even more worth to do dungs alone because of the extra cores. Also it encourages people to set an upper limit for attack and abc on boats because they fear that others outdps them and they get nothing.

It was an e-peen parade before and it's even more an e-peen parade from now on... Unless people quit so there will be no-one to show your top damage to.
    Lazutarkaine757KayoAemskey
  • DyuDyu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,085
    edited June 23, 2017
    Someone calling himself hornywatermelon is telling someone to act like an adult...
    Are you sure it's the op the one that is overreacting instead of giving a very detailed feedback?

That was too funny to let it go...