[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

RIP our usefull fansites

Comments

  • DarickNguyenDarickNguyen
    Vindictus Rep: 870
    Posts: 27
    Member
    edited January 27, 2017
    Welcome to Europe if you like.
    Our GMs are not bots so they may unban you if they like you and show that it's not all about your fault and you've spend too much time for community, they listen to you and they don't even care about ToS, they treat all newbies like their little brothers and just enjoy our service. Oh wait, the migration will come and our GMs will be FIRED cuz of some reason. Our server removed TIR coin, that thing already said that our server will be killed soon.
    Proof? Here, our Vindictus armor database site: www.heroesdb.net/
  • AcelAcel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,655
    Posts: 32
    Member
    edited July 29, 2017
  • ocianocian
    Vindictus Rep: 300
    Post: 1
    Member
    I keep up to date with this discussion by googling "RIP our useful fansite. " That says just how unique a discussion this is lol
  • AcelAcel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,655
    Posts: 32
    Member
    edited July 29, 2017
  • NoburoNoburo
    Vindictus Rep: 2,940
    Posts: 329
    Member
    Just bugs me that they have this "not our problem" attitude about fansites when the official site is so useless.

    It values presentation and current events way too much, wasting a ton of space and leaving out lots of vital game information that people playing could use or that people checking it out might want to know before installing. The stuff bolstered to the front page is usually just sales or content that endgame players have read up on for months and that lower level players won't see for a very long time. That's pretty much the extent of what the main site is used for and it's sad.
    MrGoldJackNitro
  • DesireOfMineDesireOfMine
    Vindictus Rep: 1,650
    Posts: 70
    Member
    edited January 27, 2017
    The ignorance of NA management towards community's will is unacceptable. I really am surprised how do they keep their jobs for so long. This kind of close-minded management shouldn't make decisions for bigger groups of people like in MMO games.

    The rule is simple: Happy client - is a good client.
    If you think that you can sustain this kind of approach towards this service - then you'll lose it all.

    Get smart - be critical about your own actions. Accept the mistakes you do and improve at those things instead of keeping your position like a stubborn ass, just to show your authority. The truth is simple: you su*k at your job.


    1. TIR Coins - a system that was tested and worked very well on EU servers, helping to get rid of bots/inflation/gold selling, and giving ability to progress for many players which otherwise would be very limited for them. People want it - you don't give it to them. Because why would you do something that is good for your clients? No, let's remove it because 'we' know better what's good for other people than they know themselves (sarcasm).

    2. Fansites? Helpful tools which aren't provided by Nexon? Who would've want it? Really... i mean it is only used by the half of our playerbase, it's like nothing (sarcasm). We know that Sanitee didn't do anything malicious, yet you ban her permanently based on some report from your broken software (BlackCipher).
    You say that you're not responsible for the shutdown of the website? What a bullsh*t! Simple trial of dismissing the accusation because again - you can't accept your own mistakes. You know what's a chain reaction?
    a) The only reason the Fansites are up and running - is because of the passion towards the game from the people that develop it. The intent of helping other people. People who make it - don't get paid for it, and spend their own money/time on it.
    b) You ban the developer of the website.
    c) The developer can no longer neither develop the website or continue to play the game.
    d) The reason for its existence is gone.
    e) How is it not your fault?

    Additionally you discourage any other people from doing any help of this kind to other people - who btw. are your clients, and what benefits the client - benefits you (at least in this case)... and you don't even have to pay for it! But no, you don't want it LOL.


    The inability to accept own mistakes is a hindrance if anyone tries to achieve any kind of progress. If you deny the issue - how can you ever care to solve it? Again, get smart and stop being an ass towards your clients. Think critical about your own actions instead of trying to defend yourself all the time just to keep appearances.
    KhloeMrGoldZuzukAcelPixelPantsu
  • DarickNguyenDarickNguyen
    Vindictus Rep: 870
    Posts: 27
    Member
    Oh, let see when will they reply our comments? dear NA GMs...
    @DesireOfMine:
    Ab the TIR coin, they said that they've sent our suggestion to dev, but nothing till now.
    And this crap happen, they ban Sanitee becuz of their false report and they said that they are always right - based on ToS , not HEART.
    I never believe in NA GMs for anytime again. Do they just do their work cuz of money? Or pls show us more.
  • ZuzukZuzuk
    Vindictus Rep: 1,690
    Posts: 155
    Member
    The ignorance of NA management towards community's will is unacceptable. I really am surprised how do they keep their jobs for so long. This kind of close-minded management shouldn't make decisions for bigger groups of people like in MMO games.

    The rule is simple: Happy client - is a good client.
    If you think that you can sustain this kind of approach towards this service - then you'll lose it all.

    .

    That is something ive always thought about, this is a GAME, ppl come here for JOY, the ppl on Nexon should work towards THAT, you guys are selling fun, then be fun!, and if a hella bunch of ppl is mad because you banned someone (specially when you cant tell what they did wrong), you should be like: "oh, our customers are not happy with this decision, we should talk to them and see what we can do"

    Your focus should be to make ppl happy so they keep throwing money at the game, not the other way.
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    Posts: 739
    Member
    edited January 28, 2017
    I've been reading this thread now and really there isn't much we can do on this tbh. Though our KR fansite is shutting down in almost a month but this is because the site owner quit the game. If I can see if he will allow me to have a backup of it to get it going I will see about an NA integration possibility. I don't know if this will happen 100% but I will see about it. There may be certain features that won't work for NA server since I doubt NA would allow the implementation of a Spa Timer in which KR allows fully but that would depend on how it will be implemented. Depending on how things go I will talk with NA about that feature in the future and see if we can work together on making it work without creating any back doors xD
    MochiSweetFlufffyParrotTamagoAcelZupseroPixelPantsu
  • DraciusenDraciusen
    Vindictus Rep: 805
    Posts: 4
    Member
    I understand Nexon's point of view. They have policy they have to follow, rules and regulations, they have an image to keep up. There can't be any exceptions unless there rules allow for it- and Sanitee already used her one free grace. Whether or not the permabans in either case were justified and warranted is not for any of us to decide, not the community, not even Nexon. They are slaves to their own rules. Is that because NA is simply a branch of Nexon KR, and nobody breaks the rules because they lack the authority? Or is it because nobody even cares enough to bother even trying to do so?

    Whatever the reason is, there is no heart in this game anymore. A community is what makes an MMORPG, that much is indisputable. A community is what makes memories, what gives the game its lasting appeal, what keeps people hooked on for so long. Anything short of that and you might as well play one of the many, many masterpiece single-player RPGs for a better general gaming experience. Why do you think WoW is still a giant even today? Why has no game really even come close to being 'WoW-killers' despite being technically superior in almost every way?

    I'm not saying Vindictus has or ever had the potential to rival the big-brand MMORPGs out there. But it had carved out its own niche, its own little spot in the market as a mechanically flawless hack-and-slash action combat game with a small but very dedicated community. Every time I see people ask if this game is dying, the newer people are quick to say it is, but the veterans know that it wasn't dying, but rather had a loyal playerbase that will always come back. It had already touched the hearts of the few people that stay with it despite all its flaws - people like Sanitee, me, and so many others.

    Sure, what Sanitee was doing may have been in the grey-zone in terms of whether or not she was breaking the rules; but what she provided was so much more. Nexon could've turned a blind eye to what she and other fansite owners did to help create and foster a community; but they didn't.

    So yes, I understand Nexon's point of view. I even respect how strictly they keep to their rules, it takes guts to do that.
    It takes guts to kill off your support for game's community.
    XieBreadmanKhloeMysterieOrder5JackNitroPixelPantsu
  • MysterieMysterie
    Vindictus Rep: 500
    Posts: 2
    Member
    It is sad to see that all the time and effort invested into these fan of sites over the years has been torn down in a single day.
  • ZuzukZuzuk
    Vindictus Rep: 1,690
    Posts: 155
    Member
    Mysterie wrote: »
    It is sad to see that all the time and effort invested into these fan of sites over the years has been torn down in a single day.

    Yeah, not a single care from Nexon
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    Posts: 739
    Member
    Draciusen wrote: »
    I understand Nexon's point of view. They have policy they have to follow, rules and regulations, they have an image to keep up. There can't be any exceptions unless there rules allow for it- and Sanitee already used her one free grace. Whether or not the permabans in either case were justified and warranted is not for any of us to decide, not the community, not even Nexon. They are slaves to their own rules. Is that because NA is simply a branch of Nexon KR, and nobody breaks the rules because they lack the authority? Or is it because nobody even cares enough to bother even trying to do so?

    Whatever the reason is, there is no heart in this game anymore. A community is what makes an MMORPG, that much is indisputable. A community is what makes memories, what gives the game its lasting appeal, what keeps people hooked on for so long. Anything short of that and you might as well play one of the many, many masterpiece single-player RPGs for a better general gaming experience. Why do you think WoW is still a giant even today? Why has no game really even come close to being 'WoW-killers' despite being technically superior in almost every way?

    I'm not saying Vindictus has or ever had the potential to rival the big-brand MMORPGs out there. But it had carved out its own niche, its own little spot in the market as a mechanically flawless hack-and-slash action combat game with a small but very dedicated community. Every time I see people ask if this game is dying, the newer people are quick to say it is, but the veterans know that it wasn't dying, but rather had a loyal playerbase that will always come back. It had already touched the hearts of the few people that stay with it despite all its flaws - people like Sanitee, me, and so many others.

    Sure, what Sanitee was doing may have been in the grey-zone in terms of whether or not she was breaking the rules; but what she provided was so much more. Nexon could've turned a blind eye to what she and other fansite owners did to help create and foster a community; but they didn't.

    So yes, I understand Nexon's point of view. I even respect how strictly they keep to their rules, it takes guts to do that.
    It takes guts to kill off your support for game's community.

    Pretty much this. That's why I want to talk with Nexon and see if they want to help regarding the fan site if the original site owner does provide me a copy. Not only will KR have one but i want to be able to have an NA integration in it as well. We shall see after I can some friends together.
  • Daraku9Daraku9
    Vindictus Rep: 300
    Posts: 2
    Member
    What program did black cipher catch or is that information private because it could reveal information on how the antihack works?
  • KhloeKhloe
    Vindictus Rep: 1,390
    Posts: 23
    Member
    Daraku9 wrote: »
    What program did black cipher catch or is that information private because it could reveal information on how the antihack works?

    They apparently refuse to answer that question. They just beat around the bush and make other excuses from what I've witnessed so far.
  • DealerDealer
    Vindictus Rep: 2,815
    Posts: 415
    Member
    edited February 2, 2017
    Khloe wrote: »
    Daraku9 wrote: »
    What program did black cipher catch or is that information private because it could reveal information on how the antihack works?

    They apparently refuse to answer that question. They just beat around the bush and make other excuses from what I've witnessed so far.

    Actually she was told which program, and since that is between her and Nexon, I won't be posting it.
    However you can probably ask around and find out, since I've heard she's shared this information with others.
  • CessaCessa
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    Posts: 244
    Member
    Khloe wrote: »
    Daraku9 wrote: »
    What program did black cipher catch or is that information private because it could reveal information on how the antihack works?

    They apparently refuse to answer that question. They just beat around the bush and make other excuses from what I've witnessed so far.

    They don't have to answer that question. ToS states they can remove service for whatever reason they want whenever they want. You can be running Vindictus and they can just ban you because their reason is that you were running Vindictus. That's how these free services are. Not saying that they will, just saying that they can.

    Also, why isn't Sanitee asked to provide proof that she wasn't doing anything she shouldn't have been doing when she was banned?

    I think there are better ways to suggest fixing Vindictus than demanding that Sanitee be unbanned. And as a community, if we truly care about the game, I think that's what we should be focusing on. Not just jumping on the wagon to try and get one person unbanned (who may have in fact been fairly and justifiably banned).

    I may have used VindictusInn only once or twice. But I probably used the Armory more than all of you combined.
  • TamagoTamago
    Vindictus Rep: 5,360
    Posts: 733
    Member
    Cessa wrote: »
    Khloe wrote: »
    Daraku9 wrote: »
    What program did black cipher catch or is that information private because it could reveal information on how the antihack works?

    They apparently refuse to answer that question. They just beat around the bush and make other excuses from what I've witnessed so far.

    They don't have to answer that question. ToS states they can remove service for whatever reason they want whenever they want. You can be running Vindictus and they can just ban you because their reason is that you were running Vindictus. That's how these free services are. Not saying that they will, just saying that they can.

    Also, why isn't Sanitee asked to provide proof that she wasn't doing anything she shouldn't have been doing when she was banned?

    I think there are better ways to suggest fixing Vindictus than demanding that Sanitee be unbanned. And as a community, if we truly care about the game, I think that's what we should be focusing on. Not just jumping on the wagon to try and get one person unbanned (who may have in fact been fairly and justifiably banned).

    I may have used VindictusInn only once or twice. But I probably used the Armory more than all of you combined.

    I agree. Everyone is just demanding that ____ be unbanned, when the underlying issues are in their policy, Black Cipher, and Nexon's disregard of fansites. All of these were brought up in my post.
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    Posts: 739
    Member
    edited February 2, 2017
    Cessa wrote: »
    Khloe wrote: »
    Daraku9 wrote: »
    What program did black cipher catch or is that information private because it could reveal information on how the antihack works?

    They apparently refuse to answer that question. They just beat around the bush and make other excuses from what I've witnessed so far.

    They don't have to answer that question. ToS states they can remove service for whatever reason they want whenever they want. You can be running Vindictus and they can just ban you because their reason is that you were running Vindictus. That's how these free services are. Not saying that they will, just saying that they can.

    Also, why isn't Sanitee asked to provide proof that she wasn't doing anything she shouldn't have been doing when she was banned?

    I think there are better ways to suggest fixing Vindictus than demanding that Sanitee be unbanned. And as a community, if we truly care about the game, I think that's what we should be focusing on. Not just jumping on the wagon to try and get one person unbanned (who may have in fact been fairly and justifiably banned).

    I may have used VindictusInn only once or twice. But I probably used the Armory more than all of you combined.

    In terms of providing proof yeah I do agree since that's what i myself had to do to prove my innocence when I was banned a long time ago. Though I was never asked. The response was from the rep I had was "Don't do it again" as if they were required to say it regardless if I was telling the truth or not. But that was the OLD support team. The most I ever really asked this one was back when weapon resurrections were a thing.

    With this there isn't much we can do if Sani was banned for a legit reason. So the best we can do is hope she DOES get unbanned. If not then I will have already started making preparations to see about a new wiki that will have an NA translation end from KR's powerbook if the site owner contacts me. I definitely want to keep both ends alive. It's funny how coincidental it is that KR is losing theirs in a month since the site owner quick.
  • XieXie
    Vindictus Rep: 2,115
    Posts: 155
    Member
    edited February 2, 2017
    Cessa wrote: »
    Khloe wrote: »
    Daraku9 wrote: »
    What program did black cipher catch or is that information private because it could reveal information on how the antihack works?

    Also, why isn't Sanitee asked to provide proof that she wasn't doing anything she shouldn't have been doing when she was banned?

    She panicked and forgot X.x