[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Hurk Second Weapon Officially Confirmed?

KazadackKazadack
Vindictus Rep: 600
edited December 5, 2016 in Future Content
I can't read Korean but this video seems to show that Hurk will be getting his second weapon first.
*shown at 1m 13s in the video

Comments

• TheDayInLoveTheDayInLove
    Vindictus Rep: 3,975
    edited December 29, 2016
    Bring your salt, because my Korean is not good enough.

1st teaser

"New thing every wednesday for the next month"

The new episode start from the new town Berbhe (or whatever the localization will be) and the new arena's name is Donegal or something like that.

The area is a frozen ancient ruin lie dormant in the frozen Donegal

New raid boss is a Dullahan. No head, and the armor contain his soul. "I wonder what kind of attack he will use"

Aggressive creature "defreeze" or "despreeze" or "defrost" or... whatever, live in center of the ancient ruins. Can tolerate Donegal ice and use ice as weapon.

Johanus, leader of the ice creatures above. Has a "oppresive aura so stronk that seem like it can frozen the whole mountain"

========

2nd teaser

New weapon line from this chapter. Mats are drop from Dullahan as expected. The new gear from Dullahan are lvl 95 gear

They will be back in Dec for news about 2nd weapon.

This episode will have some normal battle and one raid. I imagine the ice creatures above will be bosses of normal battle, you have to go through them to meet Dullahan.

Dullahan in game. "Soon™"

========

3rd teaser

Next teaser will be dec 21th

Hurk 2nd weapon is a 2 handed weapon. That’s what on the screen. What kind of animation is this?

Any other info? No, all they can say is it’s a 2 handed weapon.

This art focus on creating a stronger, seasoned Hurk based on the experience he gained by wandering the world.

Event etc, nothing here.

The guy who designed this new weapon?

More event stuff.

==============
    Teaser 4

Hi, new weapon blah blah blah (+shy)

Today we focusing on Hurk new 2nd weapon

First, lets me talk about some detail

As mentioned 2 weeks ago, this is designed based on the idea of him being seasoned veteran after wandering the world, with a combat style that’s not being restricted.

Personally it’s fun and challenging to design a character that is both Oriental warrior and Western gunner mixed together

Hurk new weapon of choice is a shotgun and a longblade (SPELLSWORD) to help him cope with various situation

We decided to use the spellsword because they were considered to be most suitable, instead of making new sword cuz there are too many sword already
    (It's unclear that the gun and the blade will be separated, or fused into one weapon, and not sure if they use arisha weapon directly or just reuse the model)

I was trying to avoid making it look like a shotgun, but finding a design that can convey the firepower is hard

Wat do u think?
    We are working hard to prepare for winter update 2

=============
    5th update: Vid of Hurk's 2nd weapon in action

Important tidbits from the vid:

the weapon is called teide, they doesn't explain why
    they have a lot of trouble deciding which weaopn to make
    user want axe lance halberd etc, but they make teide cuz it's something player can't easily anticipated
    the combat can be explained with two keyword "loading and hurting"
    normal = sword, smashes = gun
    use sword to hurt mob then use gun to deal additional attack for extra damage
    they focused on making normal and smashed can be linked smoothly
    the skill at 1:26 is named "impact sure shot" that is accurate, powerful and can hit from a distance
    this new weapon is made based on the keyword "rule breaker"
    the developer worked on a different combat style than existing character
    the update will be in Jan
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    Regarding that first part. There will be a lot of episodes this Winter. There will be weekly Wednesday info updates regarding the developments.
    TheDayInLoveBloodAngelAqua22QueenOfMana
  • MochiSweetMochiSweet
    Vindictus Rep: 3,050
    edited November 24, 2016
    Funny that most vindictus characters are from Ireland myth, and this one also.
    Hope he"ll get cool moveset, not another blackhammer or ingkell ripoff, due to his design.
    Caliphos
  • BoatGodBoatGod
    Vindictus Rep: 2,575
    he gets one movesets and its just throwing ice like the yetis
    BloodAngelMochiSweet
  • VelisiriaVelisiria
    Vindictus Rep: 1,355
    Looking forward for upcoming details. I hope to see new battle mechanic as they intend to focus.
  • NoburoNoburo
    Vindictus Rep: 2,940
    edited November 24, 2016
    Has a "oppresive aura so stronk that seem like it can frozen the whole mountain"

Man, I hope he's got a battle cry that's super loud, echoes, and shakes the screen. Imagine trying to taunt out a clash and this guy just belts out a facemelting shout twice as loud and tries to smash your face in. Can't wait to see the armor/weapons for this episode too.
  • TheDayInLoveTheDayInLove
    Vindictus Rep: 3,975
    Noburo
    Noburo said:

Has a "oppresive aura so stronk that seem like it can frozen the whole mountain"

Man, I hope he's got a battle cry that's super loud, echoes, and shakes the screen. Imagine trying to taunt out a clash and this guy just belts out a facemelting shout twice as loud and tries to smash your face in.
    That sounds really cool XD
    Noburo
    Noburo said:

Can't wait to see the armor/weapons for this episode too.

That's just fan creation, not real.

VelisiriaQuinqueSoleil
  • NecrochildNecrochild
    Vindictus Rep: 3,325
    New content in NA? Better reveal some content for KR.

Every. Time.
    GewelliriousSoleil
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    edited November 24, 2016
    Necrochild

New content in NA? Better reveal some content for KR.

Every. Time.
    If KR does intend to do new content quickly then in turn NA will do the same when the opportunity arises. But as of right now its every wedensday that we will get more info released on that content. Also speculation that either the last day of November or on December 1st is when test opens.
  • PlaksterPlakster
    Vindictus Rep: 1,705
    quickly content in NA ha sure. we would die out of old age when that happen. but on a serious note NA need to step it up with the content what we just got now should of being up 2-3 months ago.
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    edited November 24, 2016
    NA isnt the only region that had some sort of content shortage. NA if anything have probably been focusing on more than anyone here understands. Last i checked a server merge isn't something thats 100% simple xD
  • DisgardDisgard
    Vindictus Rep: 1,695
    edited November 25, 2016
    Hurrying... I might get scolded by someone, but really:

Welp, the gap between region contents (we're not talking about newest regions out there, like Thailand) has already been shortened less than a year ago. No need to hurry, actually. As one popular meme says: "You can't just jump ahead right to the latest content possible". That is for new players' sake. Else, this talk will walk in infinite loop until either the developer exhausts all the content possible, or something will cause admin/gm wars and the game would literally "burn in the flames of eternal rage" and eventually close up. The game needs players, especially new ones.

The problem, on the other hand, might lie in the incostistency of this said content. Different region publishers do things different according to the content that they receive AND according to player's wishes (e.g. Japan gets Tower of Struggle and Quick Battle feature while CN gets Alban Festival with thanksgiving events). However, returning to the point of not hurrying, even players' wishes have limits. You can't just ask for candy, that will give you over 99999 M.ATT or ATT and over 40 ATT SPD when it turns you into the shame of a toxic player.

That said, I'll just tell one thing. There is no need to hurry, because while new content seems important, it's not what the game is about anyway. Yeah, RNG might urge you to spam Meteor and summon ponies to calm your anger. But new players are also important. Interaction - that is what MMO genre is about, no matter what type of game this is. Let's be more positive, that staff will do whatever is possible to fix bugs (and maybe story typos? Seriously, staff, do something about it! Some people DO read!) and make content as plausible as it should be.

Returning to the new content overview:

Hope there will be new game mechanics implemented for RAID fight, because I doubt that people will kick his legs until his HP reaches 0. Climbing maybe (assuming its size)? Or something environmental?
    Seeing as Lv 95 or Lv 100 haven't introduced yet (have they?), new sets might only fit the design and its armor type. However, if by any chance they will, maybe ATT planks will raise up to 35-40k ATT? Could be.
    BloodAngelAqua22
  • NiburuNiburu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,430
    TheDayInLove

Noburo
    Noburo said:

Man, I hope he's got a battle cry that's super loud, echoes, and shakes the screen. Imagine trying to taunt out a clash and this guy just belts out a facemelting shout twice as loud and tries to smash your face in.
    That sounds really cool XD
    Noburo
    Noburo said:

Can't wait to see the armor/weapons for this episode too.

That scythe is ugly as sin, thank god its fanmade.

That's just fan creation, not real.

• BloodAngelBloodAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,875
    Darn, cause I'm actually a fan of those twin swords xD
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    Looking forward to the new update. Wish Nexon would release updates globally so that players can play the same content at the same time. Or allow our players to try out the content in test servers how Korea allows their players.
  • NiburuNiburu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,430
    QueenOfMana

Looking forward to the new update. Wish Nexon would release updates globally so that players can play the same content at the same time. Or allow our players to try out the content in test servers how Korea allows their players.
    Apparently this is how DN works now, now that theyve switched to being run by whoever it is theyre run by.
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    QueenOfMana

The problem with that is NA doesn't get the developed content at the exact same time because Localization. If they did that then no one would be able to even access the content due to KR Language restriction on other regions. Localizations aren't done quickly either in big companies due to thorough accurate as possible translations and sometimes some KR words in the game don't have a translation because it is it's own word. I've learned that working on my English Project for the KR server for 3 years now when it comes to Test Server Content Streams.
    Niburu
    Niburu said:

Apparently this is how DN works now, now that theyve switched to being run by whoever it is theyre run by.
    Depends on the publisher of that region itself. Since Nexon KR still has DN as well as DFO.
    Disgard
    Disgard said:

Hurrying... I might get scolded by someone, but really:

Welp, the gap between region contents (we're not talking about newest regions out there, like Thailand) has already been shortened less than a year ago. No need to hurry, actually. As one popular meme says: "You can't just jump ahead right to the latest content possible". That is for new players' sake. Else, this talk will walk in infinite loop until either the developer exhausts all the content possible, or something will cause admin/gm wars and the game would literally "burn in the flames of eternal rage" and eventually close up. The game needs players, especially new ones.

The problem, on the other hand, might lie in the incostistency of this said content. Different region publishers do things different according to the content that they receive AND according to player's wishes (e.g. Japan gets Tower of Struggle and Quick Battle feature while CN gets Alban Festival with thanksgiving events). However, returning to the point of not hurrying, even players' wishes have limits. You can't just ask for candy, that will give you over 99999 M.ATT or ATT and over 40 ATT SPD when it turns you into the shame of a toxic player.

That said, I'll just tell one thing. There is no need to hurry, because while new content seems important, it's not what the game is about anyway. Yeah, RNG might urge you to spam Meteor and summon ponies to calm your anger. But new players are also important. Interaction - that is what MMO genre is about, no matter what type of game this is. Let's be more positive, that staff will do whatever is possible to fix bugs (and maybe story typos? Seriously, staff, do something about it! Some people DO read!) and make content as plausible as it should be.

Returning to the new content overview:

Hope there will be new game mechanics implemented for RAID fight, because I doubt that people will kick his legs until his HP reaches 0. Climbing maybe (assuming its size)? Or something environmental?
    Seeing as Lv 95 or Lv 100 haven't introduced yet (have they?), new sets might only fit the design and its armor type. However, if by any chance they will, maybe ATT planks will raise up to 35-40k ATT? Could be.
    Well we aren't getting new content every week if that's what you are thinking (if not disregard this message). KR has been slow on content actually. We didn't get any new story since Habitant for nearly 3 months and then got Ceara Story to clear any questions as to WHY you meet Ceara in Berbhe. Every week is Development info on the future content itself. December 30th or the 1st is Test Server opening day in KR for 2nd weapon and trans revamp and some other improvements. I'd say it's nice to have some nice amount of content. NA may start switching gears based on how things go. it all depends on the upcoming content. If they supplied it all at once then you wouldn't receive content for longer than possibly 6 months even. Last time we experienced that was after Season 2 Episode 1 and let me tell you....all regions took a major blow from that.
    DisgardCaliphos
  • DisgardDisgard
    Vindictus Rep: 1,695
    edited November 25, 2016
    탱크블레이드

Well we aren't getting new content every week if that's what you are thinking (if not disregard this message). KR has been slow on content actually. We didn't get any new story since Habitant for nearly 3 months and then got Ceara Story to clear any questions as to WHY you meet Ceara in Berbhe. Every week is Development info on the future content itself.
    Of this I am aware. That is exactly why I'm pointing out people's impatience and asking to bear with this. I'd imagine if we lost 1-2 years worth of content, but it's just bugging me how people get impatient over such a normal content gap.

탱크블레이드BloodAngel
  • NoburoNoburo
    Vindictus Rep: 2,940
    edited November 25, 2016
    The problem is more in how they divide the content without considering how much it hurts the game, rather than the wait itself. Sure, it kind of sucks to have the latest news from the korean version dangled in front of us for 6 months before we see any of it, but I would've been content waiting from summer until christmas for the next big update (in fact, that's exactly what I was expecting to happen) if they didn't split smash1/Ein Lacher up in such a stupid way.

We missed out on over 3 months of being able to work on our shards, the revamped royal army raids took forever due to the att cap and dropped the wrong rares so most people avoided them, and Ein Lacher was just a month long distraction or a frustrating reality check on the game's character balance depending on who you ask. All while we knew that there were fixes and new systems on the way that would remedy some of these problems. It was an informed decision to cut up the content the way they did and it's irritating that they would be so inconsiderate, whichever side it was that was in charge of it.

I hate to pull the thread more off topic but just felt that needed to be pointed out. I don't want to pile too much hate on the nexon guys because I know they've been dealing with new forums and migration stuff, but this line of releases has just been a mess and we can only hope they learn from it.
    BloodAngel
  • ShadowMadaraShadowMadara
    Vindictus Rep: 2,260
    MochiSweet

Funny that most vindictus characters are from Ireland myth.
    I think this is what they call a "theme", "setting" and "story".