[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Hurk Second Weapon Officially Confirmed?

Comments

• QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    edited December 23, 2016
    I want to say that it is most likely an outfit. Think of it as Hurk's equivalent to Kai's Archer Set. It will most likely be in the Depot. I could be wrong.

Edit: Hurk's 2nd weapon might work like Arisha's playstyle. I.E Gun being in the Focus/Shield slot and the Blade being in the main weapon slot.
  • TradespotTradespot
    Vindictus Rep: 1,795
    But,does that mean you could make a+15 spellsword now and keep it for Hurk later or it's a differant one...
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    No idea. We have no idea if he is actually sharing weapons with Arisha. I don't think he will but ya never know.
  • iMiniiMini
    Vindictus Rep: 2,065
    edited December 28, 2016
    Hurk secondary in action:
  • SuhpremeSuhpreme
    Vindictus Rep: 3,935
    rofl, make it stop
    MochiSweet
  • MenrvaMenrva
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    Looks pretty different. I suddenly regret deleting my Hurk.

Well, they did break out of the "secondary weapon stance must be the same" tradition after all! This opens up a lot of interesting possibilities for the remaining second weapons.

• DragonRiderDragonRider
    Vindictus Rep: 2,600
    You beat me to it iMini. Was just about to post that video.
    iMini
  • X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
    OMG what have they done to HURK +cry
    NovuKourin
  • AimAndKillAimAndKill
    Vindictus Rep: 1,590
    Menrva
    Menrva said:

Looks pretty different. I suddenly regret deleting my Hurk.

Well, they did break out of the "secondary weapon stance must be the same" tradition after all! This opens up a lot of interesting possibilities for the remaining second weapons.

I thought Karok already broke that
  • NoburoNoburo
    Vindictus Rep: 2,940
    Karok was the first one to have different normal attacks on his second weapon, but the idle stances are identical.

I like what they showed in the video, but I'm worried it's going to look really dumb when people start getting 60+ speed on him.
  • MenrvaMenrva
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    Delia could use a rapier after all!

OR are they gonna keep her similar to Hurk and give her a different type of firearm? Whatever it is, can't wait ~
  • ZezeZeze
    Vindictus Rep: 1,230
    Tradespot
    Tradespot said:

But,does that mean you could make a+15 spellsword now and keep it for Hurk later or it's a differant one...
    the new weapon is called "Tayde" i don't know where's that name coming from, but i think it's not hybrid like arisha's sword+focus but a new set like swords, chains, etc.
  • SmacktassticSmacktasstic
    Vindictus Rep: 100
    edited December 28, 2016

Hurk Secondary Weapon Reveal Video - Dual Wield Gun & Sword
    English Translation would be Great!

Credit to iMini http://forums.vindictus.nexon.net/profile/1923/iMini

• X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
    edited December 28, 2016
    I need to know the mechanics of his playstyle, and although I disagree with the choice aesthetically/thematically, if it gives Hurk some mid-ranged firepower then this would indeed solve much of his S3 woes, or at very least be a step-in for Bosses that he really can't deflect reliable or at all. Greatsword to stomp S1/S2 content and this for S3 content.
    From what we can see here looks like the sword is the normal and the gun is the Smash, and looks like the R0 smash is a standing gun firing position. It also looks like they carried over the Greatsword normal-smash linking/chaining mechanic, as it appears you can link a smash with the next following normal in the chain and/or smash without resetting to the 1st normal.
  • BowtacojrBowtacojr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,545
    Looks overly dramatic for Hurk, seems like it would fit Sylas better.
    Niahsel
  • KourinKourin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,375
    Goddammit, there's some Kai gameplay in there. After all that effort I went through to avoid that character like the plague, it gets implemented into the one I main.

And why is he slicing + shooting monsters from the same range. That's stupid. And animation looks dumb, spinning around and posing for no reason.

Now I feel like deleting Hurk. But I'll probably still play this weap when it comes out. fml

Does he get a new dance at least?
  • EizaBorealisEizaBorealis
    Vindictus Rep: 330
    I wish I could follow the mindset of the devs. In no world would it ever make sense to me to make the greatsword wielder who fights like a berserker and only focuses on overpowering melee attacks and whose backstory is built off of a blacksmith making a greatsword as a hobby that only he can wield, use a gun. A ranged weapon, maybe. A gun, though? They're using the purely melee berserker character to introduce shotguns to the game? And why a shotgun and sword? If you're going to give him the arguable berserker weapon of guns, then why bother with a sword at all? If you want a gun/sword character, then why not use a character who already has the dual-usage thing going on like Arisha or Sylas?

I really cannot see any logic behind this choice in weapons when there are a metric ton of suggestions that would have fit Hurk's playstyle and character better than this.
    NovuKourinMiddie
  • SuhpremeSuhpreme
    Vindictus Rep: 3,935
    EizaBorealis

I wish I could follow the mindset of the devs. In no world would it ever make sense to me to make the greatsword wielder who fights like a berserker and only focuses on overpowering melee attacks and whose backstory is built off of a blacksmith making a greatsword as a hobby that only he can wield, use a gun. A ranged weapon, maybe. A gun, though? They're using the purely melee berserker character to introduce shotguns to the game? And why a shotgun and sword? If you're going to give him the arguable berserker weapon of guns, then why bother with a sword at all? If you want a gun/sword character, then why not use a character who already has the dual-usage thing going on like Arisha or Sylas?

I really cannot see any logic behind this choice in weapons when there are a metric ton of suggestions that would have fit Hurk's playstyle and character better than this.
    holy moly man that's so true, making me worried about lynns 2nd weapon tbh
    Novu
  • QuinqueQuinque
    Vindictus Rep: 1,805
    edited December 28, 2016
    Just realized High Class Gangster outfit already told us about Hurk's 2nd weapon long ago...
    AnthonytonyboyNiahselDAOWAce
  • X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
    The mindset is they were working on a new character that would dual weild gun +sword, new director came and said no new character, 2ndary weapons instead, and the devs were like " well we've been working on this for a while so instead of throwing it away lets just throw it on hurk"

Laziness is always the simplest answer. Greed is 2nd.
    BloodAngel