[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Vindictus II

AnnazAnnaz
Vindictus Rep: 1,320
edited August 21, 2018 in General Discussion
What’s the future for Vindictus? KR is releasing the last part of Season 4. And our player base isn’t really what it used to be.

Do you think Nexon is working on a new Vindictus game? Or is this the end?
  1. Do you think Nexon is working on Vindictus 2?72 votes
    1. Yes
       22% (16 votes)
    2. No
       78% (56 votes)

Comments

• PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    edited August 4, 2018
    Don't know. Considering that they've released a few action combat titles to mobile in the past year or so, I can't say that the outlook is great. They have actually seen good revenue from their PC titles, though. So it's a possibility. I honestly wouldn't be surprised either way, but if the PC revenue keeps up with Maple Story 2 launching then they might put resources towards it once Vindi reaches the end. Keep in mind that it probably won't be rushed anytime soon even with the end of Vindi in sight in terms of story.

Whatever happens let's hope they learn some lessons from the good and the bad of the changes since Rise. Starting off Vindi 2 with 4-player raids and bad enhancement/restoration changes will be bad juju.
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    edited August 4, 2018
    It's a last episode of the season. Nobody said it's the last season though. The story is developed with many possibilities for the next.

As far I recall, game director changes every season, so perhaps the next one will fix DOL's mistakes.
    iMini
  • RhapsodyOfFireRhapsodyOfFire
    Vindictus Rep: 5,375
    edited August 4, 2018
    It would have already been announced if the development had been started, because it's an existing title, they wouldn't have to do much on the advertisement.

But Vindictus wasn't that much of a success that a sequel would be necessary. They more likely will develop a completely different game that will be similar to Vindictus to a certain level.

An even more likely alternative is that they will rework the entire game in one of the upcoming seasons.
    Order5
  • iMiniiMini
    Vindictus Rep: 2,065
    edited August 4, 2018
    As SirRFI already stated, it's only the finale episode of Season 3. I've heard this rumor going around that it's the final episode of the overall game and I don't know how this started, but it's completely not true; there's no official word that it is. In fact, there are too many loose ends for it to just end at Season 3. I won't spoil the Season 3 finale, but you'll see what I mean when you read it for yourself. It won't make sense.

The start of a new Season will cause a buzz among old and current players whom hate this game or not, so pray they make use of that for Season 4.
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    edited August 4, 2018
    A long while back, there was an interview done and it was mentioned that Season 4 would be the final Season for Vindictus because DevCAT wanted to focus on their other game titles. It has been a long time ago, but let me see if I can find that article.

If Vindictus 2 ends up being a thing, it will most likely be like Maplestory 2 where they use any characters/NPCs and put them in this new environment. Meaning, if Vindictus 2 happens, it will have the lore and the characters, but the combat might not be the same. DevCAT wouldn't want to release a game with the title Vindictus slapped on it if it ends up disappointing the playerbase.
  • ZeroheartZeroheart
    Vindictus Rep: 7,740
    edited August 4, 2018
    If there is a Vindictus 2, do you wish they can import your Vindictus 1 account? Or keep the combat and embrace a new original story? I would mind seeing some kinda dark sci fi world. less magic and more tech. Area will be planet or space ship based.
    Fiona = Space Cop armed with energy shield and night stick
    Kai = Space dective armed with sharp shooting energy weapon
    Evie = The tech gear, with expermiantal weapon and metal golem
    Karok = Human Cyborg, enhance strength and power fist
    Hurk = Space Viking, think Asgradian of space fighting with weapon of ancient past
    Vella = Secert order of space ninja,
    Lynn = Symboite warrior of a certain planet, warior lolis with tenticles
    Miri = Think of the xenomorphs races
    Arisha = actually witch....cause magic
    Delia = Space Knights Jebis!
    Sylas = Some kind space ewok. Furry and cute but kinda vicous
    Lann = Space Janitor saint, he is trash and ends up a stain on the floor
  • FioGermiFioGermi
    Vindictus Rep: 1,670
    Annaz wrote: »
    What’s the future for Vindictus? KR is releasing the last part of the story line. And our player base isn’t really what it used to be.

Do you think Nexon is working on a new Vindictus game? Or is this the end?

Wait for it...

PrototypemindOrder5
    Guess that's going to be a full on MOBA? Not my genre at all, but not surprised that like their mobile games, they're jumping into where the action is. Guess we shall see.
    GhengisJohn
  • Rena_RyuuguRena_Ryuugu
    Vindictus Rep: 305
    vindisctus 2 is bdo
    Someguywashere
  • AngelYukkiAngelYukki
    Vindictus Rep: 2,300
    vindisctus 2 is bdo

vindi raids more fun than bdo raids imo
  • TheStatsHeroTheStatsHero
    Vindictus Rep: 655
    edited August 5, 2018
    So many wasted graphics on a MOBA... no wonder

Could this maybe be our hope?

Bonus (one of their mobile games)

Am I the only one who finds this character, this stage and the boss familiar? Perhaps they focus more on this now than the actual game... Again no wonder

BDO feels more like an open-world Continent of the Ninth 2, than Vindictus. Which makes me wonder... If a remake of an older game, which got released in the same year as Vindictus, made it so successful, then why does Nexon not focus on making Vindictus 2? This could revitalise the game, but Nexon doesn't care.
    Order5
    Their strategy seems very strange. Mobile is easy to get into and people throw ridiculous amounts of money at micro transactions without thinking, so I understand having a presence there, but it would be so easy for Vindi II on an updated engine to dominate the MMO-ARPG PC market. BDO has milked many a whale with it's distant horizon of width but puddle-deep intricacy, so there's tons of money to be made. It's just a weird time, though. BDO is in the process of releasing in a mobile version globally and coming to XBox as well. Other than hype trains, there's nothing solid on the horizon and the market is absolutely begging for a quality title to release.

Nexon's still doing well on PC despite so many companies moving heavily away from it, so here's hoping they don't pass up a good opportunity to take advantage of improved tech to bring out a good update.
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    How I envision Vindictus 2, I'd imagine it using the same combat style placed in an open world environment w/ BDO's character customization/creation. I mean, could you imagine what that would be like? Vindictus 2 could be a continuation of Vindictus' story or a storyline of the heroes before them; the first time Morrighan sealed Elchulus. We know nothing about that timeline. It would make an interesting story arc.
    edited August 5, 2018
    Zeroheart wrote: »
    If there is a Vindictus 2, do you wish they can import your Vindictus 1 account? Or keep the combat and embrace a new original story? I would mind seeing some kinda dark sci fi world. less magic and more tech. Area will be planet or space ship based.
    Hurk = Space Viking, think Asgradian of space fighting with weapon of ancient past

As a person who had worked with industrial robots i'm very interested in technology, but i wouldn't want to play a sci-fi MMORPG. Probably because MMORPG's have high-fantasy worlds that i got used to (and i love fantasy btw), and i think a lot of players associate MMORPG to that.

They should just bring back a few things that early MMORPG's had back in their time. A few of these feature that i really liked:

Mass pvp and castle sieges
    Even though i liked Tera's combat system much more than Lineage 2's, and there was a castle siege-like battleground in Tera, but the siege experience in Lineage 2 was much better. Beautiful castles in beautiful places that you could own with your guild (it was called clan in the game). The preparing before the siege and those mass pvp's contributed to that experience. So it has to be done well in its entirety, you can't just put something somewhere and have people fight for its ownership.

Epic and unique story and mythology
    No copying from existing mythologies. But if they really want to copy, then copy the entire mythology, just don't mix it with own thoughts.

Music in every area of the game's world
    Anyone ever noticed that Vindi has music only in the towns and at the boss fights and not throughout the dungeons? I think it's very important to have music in certain places if the devs really want to deliver the beauty of that place. Without music it's just dirt and stones. However the visuals and the music must be chosen carefully because it will end up like BDO where most of the music feels too monotonous with no quiet and loud and no rising and falling parts. So basically there are no dynamics in them, and it's the same in many games today, even in Vindi. I mean i love metal music but it doesn't fit into a fantasy game except into Unreal Tournament and Doom in my opinion.

Good storytelling
    Games give that great opportunity to tell stories using both visual and auditory tools, and you can also interact with them. Then why do we still have that scrolling dialogues in Vindi and the animated scenes? I mean it's not a movie, it's a game. They could deliver the story even without saying a single word. If it was just music and notes that i have to read to understand a part of the story then it would be fine.

I haven't mentioned the combat system, because it's obvious that it has to be a modern crosshair-targetting system but without the stupid strafing moves. If the game doesn't have target lock-on features then there shouldn't be strafing moves either.

P.S.: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1791529601/ashes-of-creation-new-mmorpg-by-intrepid-studios/description
    I have a lot of hopes for this game.
  • ZeroheartZeroheart
    Vindictus Rep: 7,740
    @RhapsodyOfFire Ashes of Creation looks like a good game. Will follow it. In my experience of playing MMORPGS in the past I tend to shy away from the Open World now and have more preference for a hub base. The main reason is that, I spend too much time traveling to point and point. I didn't mind it in MMO like Ragnarok Online, the town and dungeons were a few screens away and exploring the map may find you a new dungeon(haven't played for a long time and preferred private servers). Years later I tried other MMOs like Rohan, Warcraft, guild wars(the bloody first one) and free MMO, the travel was not that bad but story never hooked me. In the most present I have played Black desert online and Blade and soul, god damn the world is so big and my crappy pc had a hard time loading a boss that I killed it while it was loading. Worst if I wanna still party with my friend, if either of us goes past the story of each other it is like 20 mins commute back to each other. Also there is so much more empty space in BDO. I guess it is for farming wood and stuff but that is not my thing (also the economy of BDO is nuts when prices actually go beyond billions of gold) .
    One thing I like Vindictus Hub based world is that , it is one of the most sociable game out there. There is a rare chance of meeting someone in Open world and becoming friends unless it was a Guild. In Vindictus it feels like we are in a Adventure Guild hall (Like fairy tail anime) there is some of us who hang in some channels or designate spots in Colhen. I guess since i been playing for a long time I had help and answer questions from newbies and carried a few, I am that old grizzled adventure who talks of the good old times while training a few new up and comers and smells a bit weird.
    But I do get the problem with Hub based game is that the levels we play are recycled and can get boring ( Closer, Warframe, Vindictus) but action/fighting should be the far front of it .
    But I will disagree on one thing, too many MMO are based in medieval times or Tolken Lord of the rings/ Desktop Dungeon and dragon quests and that i would like to see a MMO stepping out that comfort zone. Secret world, Eve amd Terra kinda did it I think. But that is my opinion and i refuse to play an Assassin creed game until they finally make it present time or set it in Asia preferably China.
    I think the issue for Ashes is how niche it's going to be because of its design. One, the entire economy is living and requires players to be active in gathering, transporting, and crafting with resources for an area to grow and thrive. Two, its a living world, where actions build into nodes growing or falling apart, being taken by others, awakening monsters and setting off world events, and never remaining the same over the long haul. Players who don't stay constantly involved in the game, will feel left out, while those who do may get burnt out for the feeling that if they aren't always on they're missing far too much. Three, it has a steady sub cost unless you bought in on the initial packs. B2P titles like GW2 and F2P like Warframe have shown that people will spend lots and lots on micro transactions despite not having to and are attracted to games where they feel like they get their money's worth but don't feel obligated to play because of a sub cost. There are a lot of people who can afford $20 or $50 on occasion but can't rely on having $15 extra at the same time each month. Not saying there's no audience for it, as WoW continues to thrive with its model, but also sees players who burn hot for two or three months then move on. Blizzard can afford those highs and lows, AoC can't, financially or in terms of the efforts the game requires to stay burning at full potential.

I'm honestly amazed at how much Intrepid has done with UR4 already in terms of setting it up to handle large numbers of players involved in campaigns at once and will be following it as it develops. Here's hoping that other dev teams learn from that and that it and other titles bring something fresh to MMOs and stay far, far away from mobile-focused projects.
    edited August 6, 2018
    @RhapsodyOfFire Ashes of Creation looks like a good game. Will follow it. In my experience of playing MMORPGS in the past I tend to shy away from the Open World now and have more preference for a hub base. The main reason is that, I spend too much time traveling to point and point. I didn't mind it in MMO like Ragnarok Online, the town and dungeons were a few screens away and exploring the map may find you a new dungeon(haven't played for a long time and preferred private servers). Years later I tried other MMOs like Rohan, Warcraft, guild wars(the bloody first one) and free MMO, the travel was not that bad but story never hooked me. In the most present I have played Black desert online and Blade and soul, god damn the world is so big and my crappy pc had a hard time loading a boss that I killed it while it was loading. Worst if I wanna still party with my friend, if either of us goes past the story of each other it is like 20 mins commute back to each other. Also there is so much more empty space in BDO. I guess it is for farming wood and stuff but that is not my thing (also the economy of BDO is nuts when prices actually go beyond billions of gold) .
    One thing I like Vindictus Hub based world is that , it is one of the most sociable game out there. There is a rare chance of meeting someone in Open world and becoming friends unless it was a Guild. In Vindictus it feels like we are in a Adventure Guild hall (Like fairy tail anime) there is some of us who hang in some channels or designate spots in Colhen. I guess since i been playing for a long time I had help and answer questions from newbies and carried a few, I am that old grizzled adventure who talks of the good old times while training a few new up and comers and smells a bit weird.
    But I do get the problem with Hub based game is that the levels we play are recycled and can get boring ( Closer, Warframe, Vindictus) but action/fighting should be the far front of it .
    But I will disagree on one thing, too many MMO are based in medieval times or Tolken Lord of the rings/ Desktop Dungeon and dragon quests and that i would like to see a MMO stepping out that comfort zone. Secret world, Eve amd Terra kinda did it I think. But that is my opinion and i refuse to play an Assassin creed game until they finally make it present time or set it in Asia preferably China.

Tera's quest system wasn't that good however there were a few quests that i loved like when you get Goddess Kaia's power to help her defeat the Argon giants. In that quest you literally get infinite stats while you are fighting on her side. And the quest where you have to sneak in the Argons' spaceship and hide from those monsters that can kill you with 1 hit. Its combat system wasn't that bad, i think it was fine. The chain skill system and the glyph system are probably the best things that i've seen in an action rpg so far. The glyphs made sense and you could switch them manually in fights. If you wanted to chain your skills so that they give you better damage, faster charging, faster attack speed and so on after using another skill, then you switched to that glyph setup. It's like BDO's skill awakening system but much better. You could better adjust your character's skills to your playstyle, and it wasn't complicated at all. What i didn't like in the game however is that it had an amazing story and a mythology behind it, but it was all wasted due to the bad storytelling.

I think the most important thing is the first impression about the game. When you enter a game the first thing you see is the world, the lights, the sounds and all combined that give you the first impression. It's important how the minor things are implemented in a game such as the world, the quest system, the combat and so on.

The combat doesn't have to consist of LLR combos if it makes sense and it doesn't feel like playing piano on the numeric keys, the quest system should include choices and alternative endings like in some other games, the storytelling shouldn't be so verbose and should leave some parts to the player's imagination and ingeniousness. And the most important thing is the world, the landscape, the colors, the lights, the music, the sounds that a starting player first experiences. I don't know what you think about this, but i prefer beating bosses in a beautiful place while a music fitting the boss's story is playing in the background while knowing that i play a key role in the story and i'm not just an observer.
  • WitchHunterWitchHunter
    Vindictus Rep: 400
    I would love a second vindictus but I dont think they'll do it. If they made a new mmorpg with the same combat system I would love it. The only thing keeping me on this game is the combat system. It's incredibly fun and doesn't follow the spell rotation thing of other mmos. Hopefully if they did make a second one they would optimize the code and graphics. Also, for a lot of players it's important that they have a gender option for every character. You would not believe how many people have said they dont like this game simply because they dont have this (which is dumb but whatever)
  • CedricCedric
    Vindictus Rep: 1,355
    edited August 13, 2018
    Season 4 is the last content we will have in game with the lvl 100 weapons. So... lets see what vindi has done in the last 7 years:

Instead of expanding with good content they broken more than 60% of game content and beautiful dungeons like twilight desert, ben chenner etc... and they added some cold lifeless boring af dungeons that makes you kill yourself after 2 runs.
    S2 raids got butchered so we got left only with the s3 raids to kill our brain all over again every day ( they are not bad but it not enought to sustain the game)
    Crappy crafting system that no one much is interested in because its so bad...
    No pvp and no pvp improvements over 7 years.
    No activities to do in game other than killing mobs... there is literally nothing else to do... no gathering no crafting nothing.
    No good events.
    No comunication between playerbase and devs
    More and more scamming gatchas and pricy nx items and 0 respect for its playerbase.
    I dont think i even listed everything but i will stop here....

So this is it... we know what vinid has to offer now and we know what will be the last content... Is something we like? is it enought to keep ppl playing? Well thats for you to decide if vindictus is game for you or not.

And about the op, yes i think they should do a vindictus 2 because i dont think this version will last for long as it is now and even with the future patches.
    Someguywashere
  • DancingStarDancingStar
    Vindictus Rep: 1,695

OMG NO! no! and NO!

You were on a trip when u wrote this? D: