[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

KR Server Patch Notes & More

Comments

• CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    edited October 24, 2017
    LynnCUBE wrote: »

[Hurk]

1. Great Sword

- Fixed a bug where 'Active: Judgement' sometimes dealt damage two times.

Does this mean double judgment is no longer a thing?

EDIT: Something else they could have done for spear Lann would have been to make accelerate upgradeable. +0.1 spd per rank. Rank A would give 15 spd at ten stacks while rank 3 accelerate would potentially give 22 spd. Not hugely overpowered but a very welcome change.

And when are we going to get some rank cap releases for our skills. Seems like doing that would be easier than fiddling around with the multiplier of said skills.
  • JessGameJessGame
    Vindictus Rep: 1,870
    edited October 24, 2017
    Cloakshire wrote: »

[Hurk]

1. Great Sword

- Fixed a bug where 'Active: Judgement' sometimes dealt damage two times.

Does this mean double judgment is no longer a thing?

EDIT: Something else they could have done for spear Lann would have been to make accelerate upgradeable. +0.1 spd per rank. Rank A would give 15 spd at ten stacks while rank 3 accelerate would potentially give 22 spd. Not hugely overpowered but a very welcome change.

And when are we going to get some rank cap releases for our skills. Seems like doing that would be easier than fiddling around with the multiplier of said skills.

Judgement is technically supposed to damage once on each hit,so two times.However you can currently damage twice per hits with Judgment.If you do it succesfully,you will see 2 damage numbers per hits.I think that's what they are talking about.

An example would be at 0:37,you can see two differant damage numbers from the 1st hit of Judgment being(4228+7230)

You can also see more clearly at 1:15 since there is only one Judgment combo,but you see 4 damage numbers.So 2 damage numbers per hit.

Double Judgment is differant,as you already know,it allows you to use the skill twice in a row.I remember that Double Judgment was supposed to be fixed a couple years ago,but it end up not being fixed and people where still able to do it.
  • LeucosieLeucosie
    Vindictus Rep: 2,105
    Thx for the translation @LynnCUBE, it's much more accurate than the one I previously read somewhere else.
    Better revamp fiona. She needed it.

If you look at this closely, you can see each of these focal points consumes 75 sp as well as well as 8 stamina points ( not to mention it looks slow, but that might be because of that fiona att speed ). The current focal points we have take 0 stamina points and 25/50 sp each ( only the first spin of "active: focal point" consumes 125 sp ). Also they reworked shield dash ( holding kick ) to consume a HUGE amount of stamina ( can't see exactly how much because of the quality of the videos ) instead of 25 sp.

Currently i can pull off as many focal points as in this video ( in the same time frame ) with with a bit less sp and most importantly at a 0 stamina cost.

So imo no, s2w isn't back :p
  • V0lterixV0lterix
    Vindictus Rep: 1,555
    Dyu wrote: »
    Sorry, but I just can't believe cestus is "OP" because someone is Godly with it and most of them can't play Hurk properly.

Most of the damages that Hurk does on some bosses are done in seconds, wether Karok has to wait almost minutes to make his main dps source and reach those numbers.

Maybe they should try to open their eyes a little bit more and learn to play Sylas a tad bit more?

If Hurk isn't playing as Karok should than that's the main problem on those sweet revenge stacks and deflections and I'm not gonna take in consideration any stimulant ever.

Speaking of wich, nice changes on Lann, should've been done eons ago, but I still didn't see anything for that fugly stamina consumption that Sword has. Better keep chugging those stamina potions and keep praising cat God

No, Cestus Karok's damage is INSANE. The damage nerf for cestus has been requested even before the rise update.
    A +10 Cestus could outdamage most +15 before RISE. Remember, Korea likes analysing stuff with maths and formulas, and we find the most optimal way to put out our damage per second.

Think this way: Karok's Big Bang does 300k damage EVERY 15~20 SECOND.
    A similar skill would be Kai's Massive Impact which does 150~200k damage every 2 minutes or so.

And Cestus can BLOCK WHILE ATTACKING. This means, if you know the boss patterns well, you have NO DAMAGE LOSS.

His double dodge, which prolongs when hit, is also extremely safe in raids like neam. Not to mention the range of the weaving + dash is pretty big.

I'm not being biases here. I love to play Karok because of the super combat feel he gives you (also sad about the nerf, but I think it was neccassary). But he was always top dps in (almost) every raid.

This is utterly wrong. Cestus is strong, but you're over-exaggerating hardcore. Not even with 5k ad will your Cataclysm + Gigantic Strength Big Bangs hit that high.
    Not only is this wrong, you fundamentally do not understand cestus mechanics. Big bang itself has a 10 second cooldown which disables use of blast. Simply using an uncharged big bang will not do more than 10k damage. The way Big Bangs do huge damage is through Cataclysm(the double blast effect activated by Raging Volcano, 250sp ability), blue/level 3 blast gauge, and Blast: Destroyer aka the guaranteed critical buff.
    Gigantic Strength will give you the level 3 gauge and crit buff, so when you combine both you've got the highest Big Bang potential(not including Full Force activation, which for cestus activates on big bang)
    At 2500 AD, full big bang + 10% dmg awakening + 90 balance will do 130-150k damage. Gigantic Strength has a 60 second cooldown. Volcano has a shorter cooldown. Figure it out.
  • V0lterixV0lterix
    Vindictus Rep: 1,555
    I have a couple cestus friends with double the AD I have (4700-5000) whose full Big Bangs do not do 300k damage as well.
  • LynnCUBELynnCUBE
    Vindictus Rep: 3,115
    edited October 25, 2017
    V0lterix wrote: »
    Dyu wrote: »
    Sorry, but I just can't believe cestus is "OP" because someone is Godly with it and most of them can't play Hurk properly.

Most of the damages that Hurk does on some bosses are done in seconds, wether Karok has to wait almost minutes to make his main dps source and reach those numbers.

Maybe they should try to open their eyes a little bit more and learn to play Sylas a tad bit more?

If Hurk isn't playing as Karok should than that's the main problem on those sweet revenge stacks and deflections and I'm not gonna take in consideration any stimulant ever.

Speaking of wich, nice changes on Lann, should've been done eons ago, but I still didn't see anything for that fugly stamina consumption that Sword has. Better keep chugging those stamina potions and keep praising cat God

No, Cestus Karok's damage is INSANE. The damage nerf for cestus has been requested even before the rise update.
    A +10 Cestus could outdamage most +15 before RISE. Remember, Korea likes analysing stuff with maths and formulas, and we find the most optimal way to put out our damage per second.

A similar skill would be Kai's Massive Impact which does 150~200k damage every 2 minutes or so.

And Cestus can BLOCK WHILE ATTACKING. This means, if you know the boss patterns well, you have NO DAMAGE LOSS.

His double dodge, which prolongs when hit, is also extremely safe in raids like neam. Not to mention the range of the weaving + dash is pretty big.

I'm not being biases here. I love to play Karok because of the super combat feel he gives you (also sad about the nerf, but I think it was neccassary). But he was always top dps in (almost) every raid.

This is utterly wrong. Cestus is strong, but you're over-exaggerating hardcore. Not even with 5k ad will your Cataclysm + Gigantic Strength Big Bangs hit that high.
    Not only is this wrong, you fundamentally do not understand cestus mechanics. Big bang itself has a 10 second cooldown which disables use of blast. Simply using an uncharged big bang will not do more than 10k damage. The way Big Bangs do huge damage is through Cataclysm(the double blast effect activated by Raging Volcano, 250sp ability), blue/level 3 blast gauge, and Blast: Destroyer aka the guaranteed critical buff.
    Gigantic Strength will give you the level 3 gauge and crit buff, so when you combine both you've got the highest Big Bang potential(not including Full Force activation, which for cestus activates on big bang)
    At 2500 AD, full big bang + 10% dmg awakening + 90 balance will do 130-150k damage. Gigantic Strength has a 60 second cooldown. Volcano has a shorter cooldown. Figure it out.

Yes, I forgot about volcano cooldown. I haven't played karok in a while and the 300k damage was from a screenshot of a karok doing Ancient Glas right after RISE updatr.

I have played Karok for several years and I know about his mechanic very well, not being rude, but possibly more than most Karok players in NA / EU (thanks to access to KR forum).

I don't know about how NA EU works with Karok, but in KR we have 2 play styles: in-fighting and Big Bang Karok.

In-Fighting does not use overflow buff because of the bust cooldown. It is currently on par with Big Bang Karok thanks to AD. It is also more mobile and defensive. Also, it has no chance to throw out your dmg output because Big Bang tends to miss a lot. But this is not what we are discussing about so I'll skip this one.

Big Bang Karok is currently the most dps character right now (Lynn, Arisha or Chain Vella can outdps but if the boss is more stable, aka sandbox boss). It is safe, it is mobile and it is strong. Nothing can beat it in raids like dullahan where boss patterns are tricky. (If you are getting outdps'ed by someone else with similar stats, you are doing something wrong.) The speed buff from the green bust (forgot english name) affects your attack speed AND general character speed, which even makes your attack speed higher. Your smashes have high damage ratio compared to other characters. Your first normal attack as well as your smashes + busts have super armor (with block which gets longer when hit so you can soak up even multiple hits) so when done correctly you dont need to care about boss attacks if you know what tool to use with what boss pattern. You have passives that allows you to soak up even more damage, penetrate boss armor and do double damage. Your overflow buff allows your busts to do double damage as well. Although it has a debuff for few seconds, the damage you can put out with 1st/2nd smash + bust during overflow easily negates that. First smash + bust have super armor with block as well in most of their animation, so you can face roll the boss. I can keep going on with the list of what makes cestus op. But I don't know the english names and am not bothered to look up.

On side note, if you have to use gigantic strength everytime you big bang, you are not managing your buffs correctly. Most Karoks I see use the rest of their SP for short tornadoes during the overflow debuff. When I was in Korea, cestus Karoks were at least 7~8% higher than 2nd place dps. They never had to use gigantic strength in most raids.

I wanted to start Karok in EU as well, but after the nerf, I'm reconsidering it.

If this is not enough reason to nerf him (not this much though... he's almost unplayable from what I hear.) I don't know what else you need to determine a character OP.
  • TamagoTamago
    Vindictus Rep: 5,460
    No offense, but you should just stick to translations.
  • AtherionAtherion
    Vindictus Rep: 3,520
    I don’t even. If that’s how Krs playing Cestus Karok, they’ve been doing it wrong for the past 2 years since his revamp.

• FuzetsuFuzetsu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,345
    It’s true, Karok is op. Puppetesper, one of the greatest karoks on West, has been outdpsing everyone. No one can compete.
    QuinqueBring_Back_CMAeselli
  • MisterWhiskersMisterWhiskers
    Vindictus Rep: 2,615
    I never played karok but I'll take the korean side here because they're always more efficient at video games.
  • EnigmaTaroEnigmaTaro
    Vindictus Rep: 3,815
    Karok best class confirmed because Koreans said so.
  • LynnCUBELynnCUBE
    Vindictus Rep: 3,115
    edited October 25, 2017
    Mainichi wrote: »

I would love to just translate and bring some opinions from KR, but there's always some people screaming "WRRROOOOONNNGGG! I KNOW BETTER THAN THOSE KOREANS ALTHOUGH I HAVEN'T SPENT HOURS TRYING TO ANALYSE MY CHARACTER LIKE THEY DID" so I have to justify for the claims I make.

And was I wrong somewhere? Please tell me. Really no other meaning, I would like to know where I could have made a mistake so I can fix or reevaluate.
    BabyDani
  • MisterWhiskersMisterWhiskers
    Vindictus Rep: 2,615
    edited October 25, 2017
    EnigmaTaro wrote: »
    Karok best class confirmed because Koreans said so.

who would you trust? a big playerbase/community that analyzes data and character performances or some old farts from NA/EU who have +15s /maxed gear and only get top DPS because there's nobody around with better gear so according to them their class is the absolute best
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    Atherion wrote: »
    I don’t even. If that’s how Krs playing Cestus Karok, they’ve been doing it wrong for the past 2 years since his revamp.

Instead of just saying that KR's been playing Karok wrong for the past two years, why not back up that claim with some credibility. LynnCUBE said that if you believe something to be wrong, point it out in detail instead of just making an empty claim.
    who would you trust? a big playerbase/community that analyzes data and character performances or some old farts from NA/EU who have +15s /maxed gear and only get top DPS because there's nobody around with better gear so according to them their class is the absolute best

+1
  • AtherionAtherion
    edited October 25, 2017
    Cloakshire wrote: »

Instead of just saying that KR's been playing Karok wrong for the past two years, why not back up that claim with some credibility. LynnCUBE said that if you believe something to be wrong, point it out in detail instead of just making an empty claim.

+1

It takes 10s to look up a Cestus revamp guide by Stroongright on youtube. No need for me to explain the basics of a class to someone who probably doesn’t even main the character. Seriously, LynnCUBE replied to Volterix's post by listing the LITERAL FUNDAMENTALS of Cestus Karok which all Cestus Players, even those at the most basic level should know. And pretty sure when the source screws up the basic dps rotation, it loses most, if not all credibility (this is coming from someone who mains a Karok btw).

But since you asked so "nicely" for a correction to his initial post, I'll give everyone a short version of how to actually play the class.

There aren't 2 playstyles for Cestus Karok, either you are following the rotation of Cataclysm, or you are not. You should ALWAYS Gigantic Strength near the end of your Cataclysm cooldown to bigbang as it essentially gives you 6 blast charges (max out all blast charge buffs, and puts you at level 3 charge). In the time it takes to generate 6 blast charges without Gigantic Strength, the other guy would have gotten many more double blasts off, gotten the 2 bars of sp required for Gigantic Strength and still have the opportunity to BigBang before Cataclysm runs out putting you in overflow. After the Bigbang, he has the opportunity to proc a stamina regen passive which is only possible while the Gigantic Strength active is still in effect. The only playstyle difference would be going the extra mile and keeping up infinite crits which is dependent on how low your crit is (which shouldn't be considered if you crit cap). Even that wouldn't change his dps rotation in his most damaging phase when Cataclysm is active, as the goal is up get as many double blasts off (preferably the strong blast from 3rd and 4th smash), not refreshing your crit buff after each blast.

When you skip your cataclysm rotations because it puts a 10s cd on blast, you are doing something VERY WRONG regardless of boss scenario.

And I’d rather trust a person who I frequently play with knowing they spent hundreds to thousands of hours playing the character than what someone 6000 miles away wrote, especially if they can't even get the basics right. It doesn't take a genius to look or compare multipliers of classes and have an idea of what to do in order to get the most efficiency.

But hurrr durr Koreans are the best at everything, there is no way dumb North Americans can figure out a simple dps rotation.
    StormCrusher
  • BowtacojrBowtacojr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,545

I would love to just translate and bring some opinions from KR, but there's always some people screaming "WRRROOOOONNNGGG! I KNOW BETTER THAN THOSE KOREANS ALTHOUGH I HAVEN'T SPENT HOURS TRYING TO ANALYSE MY CHARACTER LIKE THEY DID" so I have to justify for the claims I make.

And was I wrong somewhere? Please tell me. Really no other meaning, I would like to know where I could have made a mistake so I can fix or reevaluate.

Your translations looked fine, I think they're just a salty Karok player or something angry at your opinions.

I like hearing about what the Koreans are doing, so by all means keep it coming.
    SaphreeBabyDaniSlothPrincess
  • AtherionAtherion
    Bowtacojr wrote: »

Your translations looked fine, I think they're just a salty Karok player or something angry at your opinions.

I like hearing about what the Koreans are doing, so by all means keep it coming.

Oh look, someone with nothing of importance to say C:
    StormCrusher
  • TamagoTamago
    Vindictus Rep: 5,460
    My god, the amount of KR **** sucking in this thread.
    Reminds me of the time that guy made up a tier list then mocked us because NA people believe whatever KR people say.
  • iMiniiMini
    Vindictus Rep: 2,065
    22728922_1505940402776877_3473127374120371185_n.jpg?oh=a3452a627b30d98c0a0d2e58a8ded466&oe=5AAED7BA
    22688869_1505940399443544_2870182081515633208_n.jpg?oh=5e34bb98af5d3335134e076c6b3e2987&oe=5AAF95FE
    22814509_1505940416110209_8311993172052407467_n.jpg?oh=63e5d159b222f16f83f1bff36b97c565&oe=5AABC504
    22780719_1505940396110211_32886207643924210_n.jpg?oh=910935a489ca8f2c9935eb6b30c59f07&oe=5A7E6325
    22814347_1505940406110210_3882485780425374439_n.jpg?oh=c43a82514c8e8994dbb2b2be3a26df8f&oe=5A78DB19
    22688611_1505940392776878_4371739481434960730_n.jpg?oh=54eebea63bfbc361b85fee8d166e5144&oe=5A67AF30
    22730066_1505940412776876_3309541724586183257_n.jpg?oh=b6fbe8e0f332d321b01f45453efb803f&oe=5AADFC9B
    22780576_1505940409443543_2605856195186216364_n.jpg?oh=c93c875e650e9ab47a16e05b955f0322&oe=5AABC5AF
  • BowtacojrBowtacojr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,545
    edited October 25, 2017
    iMini wrote: »
    22688869_1505940399443544_2870182081515633208_n.jpg?oh=5e34bb98af5d3335134e076c6b3e2987&oe=5AAF95FE

I can't wait for mini Havan, what's the rest say, are they gonna start rewarding us for leveling different characters across our account?
    Oh look, someone with nothing of importance to say C:
    My god, the amount of KR **** sucking in this thread.

When your main gets nerfed and you decide to sperg out on the forums...

Lmao @ u, nerds.