[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

What's the reason for 4 player limits?

AequipondiumAequipondium
Vindictus Rep: 1,965
in General Discussion
Forget the +20, lowered enhance chances and other rng nonsense - this has got the be worst change so far. Can't really be called a raid "party" anymore imo.

Did dogcat state somewhere why they've lowered the party size limit?

Comments

• OrodalfOrodalf
    Vindictus Rep: 1,145
    As an excuse to not have to improve the engine, probably.
  • PuppymanPuppyman
    Vindictus Rep: 3,055
    To make the game seem more active, half the party sizes, double the raids.
    DownIoadKinsuru
  • arkaine757arkaine757
    Vindictus Rep: 1,430
    edited June 22, 2017
    Just like the Jump function, if they can't fix it, they will remove it.

4 man raids it's probably the main issue, personally.
  • jeddyhijeddyhi
    Vindictus Rep: 1,880
    Finding eight people for a raid was getting tough.
    Kinsuru
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    In terms of internal reasons I have no idea. However this move DID make hosting raids a lot easier on a lot of players since 4 people takes up way less raw CPU thread power compared to 8. There have been more hosting happening from what I have noticed. So overall it's KIND OF a good move in terms of fixing the lack of hosting issues. As for fixing engine problems and such....that's more than likely a decision that must be passed by nexon HQ in Japan. If they deem it as not needed then DevCAT can't really do anything about it.
  • ReasonablyBoredReasonablyBored
    Vindictus Rep: 1,075
    It was okay for level 90s, but for anyone below that the 8 player raids was too much and no one would ever join the boat
  • jeddyhijeddyhi
    Vindictus Rep: 1,880
    edited June 22, 2017
    Has anyone tried out the multi-processing function for hosting since the update? I could never host before. I'm tempted to try it.
  • DonryuDonryu
    Vindictus Rep: 990
    4 man raid don't feel like raid anymore.
    MrGoldLoyalsXieSirRFI
  • PuppymanPuppyman
    Vindictus Rep: 3,055
    jeddyhi wrote: »
    Has anyone tried out the multi-processing function for hosting since the update? I could never host before. I'm tempted to try it.

I've been using it, haven't crashed from it and my frames seem decent. Party members haven't complained.
  • bigboobsbigboobs
    Vindictus Rep: 385

Donryu wrote: »

ahahah cause no one will cary your big ass now right? i know what you mean
  • MyDeliaMyDelia
    Vindictus Rep: 655
    Doesn't really matter if it's 4 or 8.
    4 years ago most raids were basically myself and a friend or two doing 90% of the damage and the rest literally just leeching.
    A year ago it was just myself and one other person doing 60% of the damage and the rest just leeching.

Why would it matter if it's 4 or 8 when you should be essentially soloing it anyway?
  • AequipondiumAequipondium
    Vindictus Rep: 1,965
    MyDelia wrote: »
    Why would it matter if it's 4 or 8 when you should be essentially soloing it anyway?

Because having more people in a party is subjectively fun. If you like small raid parties then have at it, but why should there be a restriction in the first place? Shouldn't it be up to the players whether they want 4 or 8?
    XiePrototypemindMrGold
  • ProR2D2ProR2D2
    Vindictus Rep: 2,085
    I feel for u bro. Im not going back to vindi until this is reversed. They removed what made raids fun.

Whales are wrong btw. The solution to DPS is not to remove players. The solution to DPS is to make Additional ATT high at start then decrease it exponentially each upgrade instead of increase it. That way whales will still do same damage but non-whales can contribute a lot more.
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    ProR2D2 wrote: »
    I feel for u bro. Im not going back to vindi until this is reversed. They removed what made raids fun.

Whales are wrong btw. The solution to DPS is not to remove players. The solution to DPS is to make Additional ATT high at start then decrease it exponentially each upgrade instead of increase it. That way whales will still do same damage but non-whales can contribute a lot more.

But that will discourage people from buying runes, we cant have that can we?
  • JamesGrossJamesGross
    Vindictus Rep: 2,600
    Because people complain day in and day out the raids are too laggy (ignoring the fact that they have potato of a PC and network) , like people who thinks their 1Mbit/s internet speed is god mode.

Now they are all complaining yet again, cuz it is not 8 people raids.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    @JamesGross they easily could have made it an option to set 4 or 8. On top of which I don't recall 4 man being all that much smoother before. The raids are boring with no option for 8.
    arkaine757MrGoldLoyalsXie
  • DonryuDonryu
    Vindictus Rep: 990
    bigboobs wrote: »
    Donryu wrote: »

ahahah cause no one will cary your big ass now right? i know what you mean

my ass is fine thank you !, what the point of having people in a guild now if what you can do is anything but neam ?
  • JamesGrossJamesGross
    Vindictus Rep: 2,600
    @JamesGross they easily could have made it an option to set 4 or 8. On top of which I don't recall 4 man being all that much smoother before. The raids are boring with no option for 8.

True, I do agree, I do miss having 8 people raids myself.
    Kinsuru
  • MyDeliaMyDelia
    Vindictus Rep: 655
    MyDelia wrote: »

Because having more people in a party is subjectively fun. If you like small raid parties then have at it, but why should there be a restriction in the first place? Shouldn't it be up to the players whether they want 4 or 8?

Shouldn't it also be up to players if we get +15 or +20 max enhance?
    I guess not so why should 4 or 8 players in a raid be up to players at all either?
  • LoyalsLoyals
    Vindictus Rep: 720
    edited June 23, 2017
    In all honesty, i thought it was a JOKE when one of my friends told me there's no more 8 mans.... I agree that 4 man raids don't even feel like raids anymore, in fact it can kinda get boring