[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

What's the reason for 4 player limits?

Comments

• ImNotYourDadImNotYourDad
    Vindictus Rep: 1,040
    i do kinda miss the 8 man raids, but only because i miss the floor mats w/ the floating Help!(s) all over >:)
    especially when ur the last man standing ...o...hold on....thats why i started to solo :(
  • ProR2D2ProR2D2
    Vindictus Rep: 2,085
    edited June 23, 2017
    Question2 wrote: »
    ProR2D2 wrote: »
    I feel for u bro. Im not going back to vindi until this is reversed. They removed what made raids fun.

Whales are wrong btw. The solution to DPS is not to remove players. The solution to DPS is to make Additional ATT high at start then decrease it exponentially each upgrade instead of increase it. That way whales will still do same damage but non-whales can contribute a lot more.

But that will discourage people from buying runes, we cant have that can we?

People would still buy runes since you would still get stronger, just not exponentially stronger like it is now.
  • XaldinZXaldinZ
    Vindictus Rep: 475
    edited June 23, 2017
    The whole update is a bag of mixed feeling. Easier gear harder end gear
    Easier leveling - Pointless early game that everything gets oneshot
    Easier Drops - That equate to 0 gold gain.
    And OFC the GENIUS move to remove gold gained from LVL 60- 80 Battles for lvl 90. I mean yea i dont wanna get a little bit of gold for my repairs who would want that right?

Gettig back to the point of the the thread tho and how everything is MIXED
    That means that people with more avarage net can Finnaly Host some stuff and being able to progress stuff like Quest Regina for example
    But OFC why would we have a positive without a negative right? Its not a raid. its a party of Four and it will lead to more frustration if One of the Four cant pick his weight. In the 8 man you wouldnt have a problem if 1 to 3 people were Bad and died a lot.
    in the 4 man team THo if 1 or two peeps die a lot THATS A PROBLEM.

And i guess thats their way of adding difficulty to the "easier" game they gave us since Rise
  • AequipondiumAequipondium
    Vindictus Rep: 1,965
    MyDelia wrote: »
    Why would it matter if it's 4 or 8 when you should be essentially soloing it anyway?

Because having more people in a party is subjectively fun. If you like small raid parties then have at it, but why should there be a restriction in the first place? Shouldn't it be up to the players whether they want 4 or 8?

Shouldn't it also be up to players if we get +15 or +20 max enhance?
    I guess not so why should 4 or 8 players in a raid be up to players at all either?

+15 to +20 is an increase in the limits, 8 to 4 is a decrease. I say should in the sense that for whatever reason they've lowered the limit doesn't make sense to me because players could have already lowered it themselves. Whether we should get +15 or +20 was never up to us - and it's not like most of us get past +10.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    New, difficult content will be a joke if no one is there to take it on. The increasing difficulty is what used to pull people in, seeing themselves finally progress, get better, and more easily clear content. Easy mode from the start doesn't encourage anyone to stick around, nor does the emptiness of nothing but four person content.

In the past global has gone its own way at times. Let's hope that they roll this back before it's too late for Vindi.
    Xie
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    The 4 member party limit is intended to force players to get people with OP gear to carry even more than pre-RISE. Now, a 4 man party of attack capped + 1300 additional damage players take forever to kill a s3 raid boss. If the party size was 8, they would be able to clear it in a decent time.

Derpcat's thinks that this will encourage players to spam runes to try to make OP gear because the free +10 gear still leaves you badly undergeared for s3. What they dont seem to realise is that this only encourages people to quit. Especially since they made it harder to gear up by removing s1/s2 raids and low level arena for newbies to farm seals for OJ gear.
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    Why would it matter if it's 4 or 8 when you should be essentially soloing it anyway?

Because having more people in a party is subjectively fun. If you like small raid parties then have at it, but why should there be a restriction in the first place? Shouldn't it be up to the players whether they want 4 or 8?

Shouldn't it also be up to players if we get +15 or +20 max enhance?
    I guess not so why should 4 or 8 players in a raid be up to players at all either?

If it were up to players then no sane person would want +20 max enhance and the director's plan to make himself look good to his superiors by selling more runes would fail. Cant have that can we?