[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

New character Miri, Lynn 2nd weapon reveal & more.

Comments

• MetaMeta
    Vindictus Rep: 855
    Basically no changes to weapon breaking (plus the enchant to +20, are they crazy?) pretty much cancel everything in this update for me and I was hyped for the update too.

I like unique weapons so Miri will make me play again. Delia while shes pretty, her weapon was just another sword so wasn't really coming back for that
  • CherishedCherished
    Vindictus Rep: 875
    Meta wrote: »
    Basically no changes to weapon breaking (plus the enchant to +20, are they crazy?) pretty much cancel everything in this update for me and I was hyped for the update too.

These were my feelings as well ! I've barely played in 6 months, but these notes were making me eager to try again. Then I read that enhancement is being released to +20 and the success chance is being reduced! Either one of these alone would be distressing, and with all the steps forward in RISE these two together are an unstoppable fall backwards into the mud.
  • RadeRade
    Vindictus Rep: 1,020
    Cherished wrote: »
    Meta wrote: »

These were my feelings as well ! I've barely played in 6 months, but these notes were making me eager to try again. Then I read that enhancement is being released to +20 and the success chance is being reduced! Either one of these alone would be distressing, and with all the steps forward in RISE these two together are an unstoppable fall backwards into the mud.

I think one of the changes people keep overlooking when talking about the enhancement system is that, while the rates to enhancing and booming haven't changed, the rates for getting new weapons has. Drop rates for S3 materials were said to be drastically increased. The barrier of getting to have a properly enhanceable weapon should be much lower than before, so it's much easier to get more weapons to try to boom with. My main concern would be the issues with lost investment on upgrading shards and and the attack limit break mats, but didn't they also implement a system a while ago that lets you do some sort of extraction to get most of those back? And if +1 coupons are available from the daily mission shop, you're not even getting screwed out of your quality boost anymore if you work on backup weapons. Depending on how some of the details work out, the way they've reworked things should make it a lot easier to keep improving your gear at a reasonable pace, without making it so that you have to feel like you're taking steps backward if it doesn't succeed. The AP restoration changes also accomplish that, by making it so that it's easy to get back after a failure and making it so that you can't ever lose an item irrevocably. Given all that, I'm cautiously optimistic about the state of enhancement here, and while the availability of +20 seems... strange, I don't think it's directly harmful, and the other changes do seem like they're collectively working towards a healthier enhancing system.
  • xHariNezumixHariNezumi
    Vindictus Rep: 685
    As long as we need to spend money to rune weapons, rather than having an option to buy them with in-game currency, enhancing will always be a cancerous system. Personally, I'm going to be happy with the "no enhance after restore" as long as there are no penalties to restoring besides AP usage. I've deleted so many alts due to permabooms, so I'll feel comfortable making a Miri knowing I can get an enhance, then have that enhance while I work on trying to get higher enhances on other weapons. My worry though is all the wasted gold on stones and materials that it will take since success chance is being lowered. I'm very iffy about this update, but I'm also incredibly bored with with game, so I'm not exactly unbiased
    TheWhiteLord
  • Crash_BandicootCrash_Bandicoot
    Vindictus Rep: 640
    +20 :/ seriously?
    giphy.gif
    BloodAngelSylphideMixxiaKiyoujiCallisthene
  • AielaAiela
    Vindictus Rep: 310
    edited May 23, 2017
    Lynn noo
    25fd88fdf57b5628134dadce1f300b95.gif
    Anthonytonyboy
  • RyanReynoldsRyanReynolds
    Vindictus Rep: 1,795
    Porceddu wrote: »
    Of course they'd give a puny squirt gun + kitchen knife to hurk, and a more fitting giant weapon to a new slutty character : D

What else they gonna do? Give a giant axe to hagie?

14263631684057.jpg

Hahahahahahaha. #FeelsBadMan
  • SanuienSanuien
    Vindictus Rep: 2,720
    edited May 27, 2017
    YES TIME FOR SOME EDNA COSPLAY
    tumblr_nj8n07dgDa1s8nccpo1_500.gif

tumblr_ngyam6pL8Q1tig5y8o1_500.gif
    BloodAngelAnthonytonyboy
  • BlissKnightBlissKnight
    Vindictus Rep: 630
    Niahsel wrote: »
    the 12th character being another girl is like stabbing me in the back and TWISTING it, **** move devcat. feminist and thirsty punk catering, i blame the chinese

I don't know what you on about but doesn't this keep in line with how Devcat dishes out characters?

MFFMMFMFFMFF

Lann - Fiona - Evie - Karok - Kai - Vella - Hurk - Lynn - Arisha -Sylas - Delia - Miri
    NakrastKiyoujiAnthonytonyboy
  • TheWhiteLordTheWhiteLord
    Vindictus Rep: 525
    tank12123 wrote: »
    I really hope they give PvP some love

THAT and the whole "guild" aspect as well.
    BloodAngelKiyouji
  • IngkellsIngkells
    Vindictus Rep: 1,405
    dont hold your breath over new pvp. vindictus 2 was gonna focus on pvp, but they threw the whole thing in the can. pvp isnt popular here because of the stacked vultures and poor balancing, so profit probably had something to do with it. closest we'll get to new pvp is more holiday fruit fights or new artifacts if they can be bothered to release them. i forget, but there might have been some in the files somewhere
    Kiyouji
  • RizzleRizzle
    Vindictus Rep: 1,860
    Thoughts: Just when I think about coming back, because this game is one of a few that can be mindlessly logged on for about an hour a day to progress and unwind from my work day, they make changes that just wanna drive me away.

Lynn's second weapon? Umbrella? I was really hoping for a total move-set remake, hoping they would make her a kung fu fighter with some tonfas. But umbrella? orz

New Character: Miri? Where did this come from? Its Evie's old face? and old body? -1.-1. And they don't show enough game-play to see what her move-set or skills might be. -1. But I think most players were hoping for either Miul (Gunner) or Kravi (Steampunk Brawler), as discussed in some older future content threads.

As for the enhancement system- they need to increase the odds and relax the penalties for attempts. That alone has driven away a huge majority of players. Because majority of players are just too impatient to plan ahead and will just YOLO their gear to oblivion and then they cant play. Wallet warrior system or not, the current odds and penalties are just too high. And with the new content, get ready to see requirements on boats.
  • MonohaMonoha
    Vindictus Rep: 1,485
    Miri_1.gif
    Miri_2.gif
    Devcat sneaking in some Miri gameplay

• MikewerMikewer
    Vindictus Rep: 500
    i didnt saw the chain in the teaser :O, so its gonna be like a 2-handed chainblade? XD.
    also whats with the title "the last draker" the **** is a draker?
  • IridologistIridologist
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    Mikewer wrote: »
    i didnt saw the chain in the teaser :O, so its gonna be like a 2-handed chainblade? XD.
    also whats with the title "the last draker" the **** is a draker?

Usually when games use the word "drake" they refer it to dragons or some crap. Maybe she is a humanoid or a dragon killer? I mean, look at her armor and weapon... they look like they were based off some type of reptile.
  • Ertxz18Ertxz18
    Vindictus Rep: 1,390
    edited June 7, 2017
    That armor set

img_screen_01.jpg

img_screen_02.jpg

img_screen_03.jpg

img_screen_04.jpg

img_screen_05.jpg

img_screen_06.jpg

dazedgumballStrangerinaCasca
  • Ertxz18Ertxz18
    Vindictus Rep: 1,390
    And here's some artwork

img_art_01.jpg

img_art_02.jpg

img_art_03.jpg

img_art_04.jpg

img_art_05.jpg
    SlothPrincessmisakamisakaXiedazedgumballBoninoxStrangerinaTransportationCascaCallisthene
  • SuhpremeSuhpreme
    Vindictus Rep: 3,935
    damn, the ass better look good as the artwork
    GewelliriousSLAMMENING420
  • PuppymanPuppyman
    Vindictus Rep: 3,055
    I'm guessing she's either a Dragon Hunter or Dragonborn :>