[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

New character Miri, Lynn 2nd weapon reveal & more.

Comments

• PorcedduPorceddu
    Vindictus Rep: 880
    edited May 21, 2017
    Of course they'd give a puny squirt gun + kitchen knife to hurk, and a more fitting giant weapon to a new slutty character : D

What else they gonna do? Give a giant axe to hagie?

14263631684057.jpg

SylphidemaelturdBloodAngelOrder5Prototypemindthiens2thanaegeahraerherhJamesGrossXie
  • LaxusDragSlayerLaxusDragSlayer
    Vindictus Rep: 950
    edited May 21, 2017
    time to join the +20 hype train!!! <3 im not worried :P i've been trying to find a way to blow up my +15 braid twin spears that i bought awhile back. to bad this update wont be untill a year later :'(
  • StudentOfTheGoddessStudentOfTheGoddess
    Vindictus Rep: 1,570
    time to join the +20 hype train!!! <3 im not worried :P i've been trying to find a way to blow up my +15 braid twin spears that i bought awhile back. to bad this update wont be untill a year later :'(

According to vindictusmanual forum it will land globaly in June, but don't take my word for it: http://forums.vindictusmanual.com/t197-the-rise-update-landing-globally-in-june
  • EdaymEdaym
    Vindictus Rep: 1,085

According to vindictusmanual forum it will land globaly in June, but don't take my word for it: http://forums.vindictusmanual.com/t197-the-rise-update-landing-globally-in-june

Unless the NA team (lazy staff) decided to rush(incorrect translations etc) the latest contest right now for two months, it's obviously not happening and taking anyones word for it is also as stupid.
  • SushisekiSushiseki
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    Apparently the dev team got lynn's inspiration from Nioh because the only two female bosses are a glaive user and an umbrella user.
  • LaxusDragSlayerLaxusDragSlayer
    Vindictus Rep: 950
    edited May 21, 2017

Globaly meaning.... we'll all get it at same time?? i wish that would happen <3 "2017 though not 2018" :D
  • arkaine757arkaine757
    Vindictus Rep: 1,430
    edited May 21, 2017
    Overall i see good changes but there is one major problem, and the number is "20"

Lynn 's second weapon is bad in concept, but if well executed i don't mind.
    UI cleaning, i don't know, if that's what could be called "optimization" great.
    Party limited to 4, that's just horrible.

I can imagine what KR community is living.
    They got backstabbed with 95's gear and in 6 months they had to re-gear almost everything because the gap was too high.
    Now, 6 months after this incident they are dealing with the same situation again where their "+13/+15" will probabaly become obsolete.

Don't get me wrong.
    Gear progression is something natural, but this is happening too fast, and now there is a trust issue with Devcat future content.

Would you pay 2B for a +15 95's in july knowing about the +20?
    Or better would you even put real effort to make a good weapon until December?

But that's just my opinion.
    7o2Q2sg.jpg
    You Maniacs!

MochiSweetBloodAngelBabyDaniPrototypemindSLAMMENING420
  • StudentOfTheGoddessStudentOfTheGoddess
    Vindictus Rep: 1,570
    Regarding the limiting of parties to 4 people, I don't think it's bad seeing as they reduced the HP of each boss (unless I got it wrong).
  • IngkellsIngkells
    Vindictus Rep: 1,405
    i like miri but they couldve given her weapon to just about anyone else. would fit evie, karok, hurk, lynn, or delia just fine. this games all about that bottom line tho
  • NakrastNakrast
    Vindictus Rep: 1,060
    edited May 21, 2017
    Well all bosses got their hp reduced by 50%, so reducing party size to 4 doesn't sound like a problem.

Sidenote: apparently the +1 coupon that is given after failing 4 runes, is capped at +10 (well that sucks).
  • dazedgumballdazedgumball
    Vindictus Rep: 7,725
    a2RrcTy.jpg
    FyyeclT.jpg
    2ZYr45E.jpg

This boss looks so badass.
    G1jS3p4.jpg
    BloodAngelarkaine757Order5Boninox
  • BloodAngelBloodAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,875
    @dazedgumball let me know when you have the theme up on youtube! :D

@Nakrast Yeah I think this was devcats lazy way to fix optimization so that we have smaller parties so less people complain about lag and long raids (because boss hp was reduced by 50%)
  • dazedgumballdazedgumball
    Vindictus Rep: 7,725
    @BloodAngel You'll be the first to know.
    BloodAngel
  • ElyrElyr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,430
    Hyped for Miri, too bad her face looks awful. Between her and Arisha idk who is worse
  • RavelationsRavelations
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255
    edited May 21, 2017
    "s2 story battles changed to be more like s1 somehow (not sure)" I think i know what this means. there was a discussion about it awhile back.

Quite a few people where complaining about the separate story raids in S2. and how after you've hosted them once you cant host them again. thus making it rather difficult and or impossible to complete Any of the raids anless you're a good host. Because chances are its going to take you weeks of waiting. (Due to the current population of vindictus) to find someone else hosting the raid you need.

So i think. if i understand this correctly. by making S2 more like S1 in regards to the battles. they Might have gotten rid of the separate story raids. and instead followed S1. for example. You need to fight Keaghan for the story? Then join the needed raid and the cut scene/dialog for the story will play After you've completed the battle.

If this is the case. then its a good change. it will allow alot more players to progress faster in the story. Of course. you'll still need a host. but atleast you know its a raid that can be hosted whenever instead of once Per character

I'm not sure what to think about the 4 man parties. even with the HP cut by 50%. Not to mention it makes raids rather limited don't you think? i've only come across about 12? good hosts in vindictus for the 8 man raid parties.
  • TransportationTransportation
    Vindictus Rep: 705
    I for one am looking forward to the new Dragon Killing Waifu, even if I need to cover up her....interesting choice of face. As long as her voice isn't an abomination I'm all in, especially since this is the first female character with a giant **** weapon. Everything there looks good except the +20 nonsense, even Lyn's Umbrella(hopefully) sword. Now I just need to throw money at Vindictus NA so we can get there, lol.
  • BloodAngelBloodAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,875
    @Ravelations I think only the maps were changed to be like s1. That's why treasure chests and macha trials were removed. Idk about story not being seperate anymore since nothing was said about that we'll have to wait and see.
  • KursKurs
    Vindictus Rep: 2,320
    Maybe Miri is Evie's evil twin or long lost sister or something. Also I wonder if they'll give lynn a move which is very Mary Poppins like. AAAAAND I don't like Tieves new face, when I glanced at it it looked kind of weird or creepy or well somethings off. They're trying to make a white blonde girl Asian and it didn't seem right to me.
    LunetistulRO
  • MastaMasta
    Vindictus Rep: 840
    edited May 21, 2017
    + 1 Miri's design
    - 1 Lynn's 2nd weapon design
  • YukimaruLegendsYukimaruLegends
    Vindictus Rep: 100
    Lynn's weapon is thinking outside of the box i'll give them that, more original than what most people expected.

Miri not perticularly thrilled, first impression kinda meh. I would of loved it if she had Hurks second move set or used guns. Seriously, i would of loved if they went with mMul.