[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Upcoming Proposed Changes to AP Restoration System

MadeInKoreaMadeInKorea
Vindictus Rep: 1,070
edited April 26, 2017 in Future Content
Source: http://heroes.nexon.com/News/devnote/View?page=1&postno=304

Google translate works fairly well for this, but to sum up the post here are the main points:

The current restoration system isn't what DevCat originally intended, which is reviving the weapon for continued use. Instead, players have been using the system in order to achieve higher enhancement levels, aka double booming and hoping that you get a higher enhance. This process also takes a toll on the player's AP, as it takes a large amount to restore the weapon. As such, the following changes will be made to the system:

1. AP restored items will not be able to be enhanced again.
2. AP restored items will have their enhancement level reduced by 1. [Reverted as of 4/26/17]
3. The AP required to restore an item will be reduced to be about 10% of what it currently is.
TenkoKuugenAnnerSirRFITachiTabbedMochiSweetSylariusTwilightSparkleHoshinakiOrder5and 3 others.

Comments

• 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    Yep it's as he states. Confirmed it in stream with a friend of mine on the server as well.
    MadeInKoreaTenkoKuugenAnnerSylariusOrder5
  • AnnerAnner
    Vindictus Rep: 1,935
    This is the worst idea I've ever, ever seen proposed. Ever.
    AnthonytonyboyTachiXieLoLoBootyHerucrossAzurewraithAngelina610MaryJaneDillonzTetsujin
  • TenkoKuugenTenkoKuugen
    Vindictus Rep: 1,265
    edited April 25, 2017
    Like Dragonblade mentioned on the Discord, the most problematic about this change is the -1 enhancement on all AP restored items. The -1 enhancement effect doesn't affect items before the update though.
  • TamagoTamago
    Vindictus Rep: 5,460
    It's ok guys, there will be 98 more changes to disappoint us!!!
    AnthonytonyboyMadeInKoreaGewelliriousXieHerucrossAqua22MaryJaneDillonz
  • EmerthystEmerthyst
    Vindictus Rep: 2,690
    If getting to +10 in the first place wasn't so hard this change wouldn't be so bad but as it stands this a horrible move.
    GewelliriousTachiXieBerserkeringAqua22MaryJaneDillonz
  • iw2diw2d
    Vindictus Rep: 510
    Source: http://heroes.nexon.com/News/devnote/View?page=1&postno=304
    These changes will affect all items retroactively once the update is applied to the game. (So as an example, if you have an AP restored +13 weapon before the update, it will turn into a +12 weapon that cannot be enhanced again after the update hits.)

The update is not reducing the enhancement level of already restored items, it will just make them unable to be enhanced.
    Restoring items after the update will apply the -1 penalty.
  • ArixArix
    Vindictus Rep: 1,880
    I'd like to see the item revamp he mentioned first before jumping the gun on this change.
  • MadeInKoreaMadeInKorea
    edited April 25, 2017
    Redacted
  • FuzetsuFuzetsu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,345
    Vindictus will be great again. This patch will make players have to buy more Runes in order to make more weapons for that enhancement upgrade. More money to the developers will surely be a good thing right?
    Gewellirious
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    As further information Previously boomed gear are NOT AFFECTED by the -1 punishment of this update. HOWEVER the non-enhancement Punishment DOES take place on that gear.
    Sylarius
  • MarronGlacesMarronGlaces
    Vindictus Rep: 1,055
    edited April 25, 2017
    Express train to killing in the game in one go.
    Here I thought the director couldn't go any dumber for not understanding the damage formula.
  • MadeInKoreaMadeInKorea
    As further information Previously boomed gear are NOT AFFECTED by the -1 punishment of this update. HOWEVER the non-enhancement Punishment DOES take place on that gear.

Thanks for the clarification.
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드

Thanks for the clarification.

No prob SeemsGood
  • 0x400x40
    Vindictus Rep: 740
    bye game :)
  • NyavengerNyavenger
    Vindictus Rep: 400
    Wouldn't be Vindictus devs without the garbage decisions.
  • PorcedduPorceddu
    Vindictus Rep: 880
    edited April 25, 2017
    This only benefits the rune marketing which is exclusive to people that cash-in-game. Either they increase the rates of enhancement success, or they gonna sink this game for new players that want to progress to endgame.
    If they wanted money, they should just add more fashion items like exclusive fusable bosses's weapons or add tir coins back into the game.
    DownIoadBoninox
  • BelsolBelsol
    Vindictus Rep: 100
    /wrists
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    edited April 25, 2017
    I don't like this change. I do boom weapons only if I have backup, so this turns this feature to literally useless for me.
  • SekaiizSekaiiz
    Vindictus Rep: 2,290
    Wants long term changes for vindi

Proposes the worst possible change firsthand.

Devcat u high
    PrototypemindBloodAngelPixelPantsuMadGodDragonicMaryJane
  • dazedgumballdazedgumball
    Vindictus Rep: 7,725
    Who the f#ck proposed these changes? They need/deserved to be smacked for bringing a stupid ass change to Vindi.
    LoLoBootyBloodAngelPixelPantsuMaryJane