[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Upcoming Proposed Changes to AP Restoration System

Comments

• 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    edited April 29, 2017
    Suhpreme wrote: »
    well, whatever. 100 changes is a lot. thats like a lot and theyre already changing a big one

And that's why Im worried more than I am excited. Optimization is going to die I think with this one.
  • SeigakuSeigaku
    Vindictus Rep: 1,045
    well, whatever. 100 changes is a lot. thats like a lot and theyre already changing a big one

And that's why Im worried more than I am excited. Optimization is going to die I think with this one.

I don't think they even know what optimization is.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Seigaku wrote: »

I don't think they even know what optimization is.

They literally do not. Players have shown them in detail what is wrong with the way they build their maps with Source and they have never, ever fixed it. Not only did they not have to pay additional money to be given insight, they were given it for free with all the necessary steps to make changes and they've never done it.

BDO has already put in optimization changes and is adding more. Bless is getting an entire combat revamp just for the west--thought it still might run like a turd, tbh--and Kingdom Under Fire 2 is working on an engine upgrade as well. Companies are using resources to improve their games yet DevCat won't even do what they need to when shown the way.

I don't hold out much hope for them ever properly optimizing the game.
  • MyDeliaMyDelia
    Vindictus Rep: 655
    edited May 1, 2017
    Someone tell me why this is a bad solution.
    http://forums.vindictus.nexon.net/discussion/2735/retaining-players
    Seigaku
  • JynXiJynXi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,025
    Tpyop0 wrote: »
    It is obvious to me what changes need to be made to the game: make enhancing/enchanting easier so that new players have an easier time catching up to the veterans;

Its already takes 0 effort to get a full +10 orange weapon wihtout any trouble and already put you on cap for most of the content except neamheain.

Lmao. People that are crying that this 'game is too hard to gear up' should srsly just shut up. Or you guys all want a free +15?
    Seriously, kids. wtf.
  • SekaiizSekaiiz
    Vindictus Rep: 2,290
    JynXi wrote: »
    Tpyop0 wrote: »
    It is obvious to me what changes need to be made to the game: make enhancing/enchanting easier so that new players have an easier time catching up to the veterans;

Its already takes 0 effort to get a full +10 orange weapon wihtout any trouble and already put you on cap for most of the content except neamheain.

Lmao. People that are crying that this 'game is too hard to gear up' should srsly just shut up. Or you guys all want a free +15?
    Seriously, kids. wtf.

While it may be easy to get a +10 OJ weap (minus a few occurances of bad rng with runes), it's only natural that people that are passionate about the game want to have the best gear for their character. Most won't settle for a +10 even if it can cap relevant content. It's the concept of progression. You can only do PVE raids so much with a +10 before you get bored that you're not making any progress. At least neam provides incentive for running (100 kill Full Force), but other raids don't.

When you run into an RNG wall as big as +15 enhancing, people will eventually become discouraged and quit. Some are more resilient than others, but Devcat is trying to keep its players and make them feel like their time invested into the game is worth it, not have 40 hours of grinding go up in smoke while trying to go +13.
    Definitely not asking for a free +15, but I would much prefer having the process of getting a +15 actually have a more slow long-term process that makes people feel like they aren't wasting their time on the game.
  • JynXiJynXi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,025
    Sekaiiz wrote: »
    When you run into an RNG wall as big as +15 enhancing, people will eventually become discouraged and quit. Some are more resilient than others, but Devcat is trying to keep its players and make them feel like their time invested into the game is worth it, not have 40 hours of grinding go up in smoke while trying to go +13.
    Definitely not asking for a free +15, but I would much prefer having the process of getting a +15 actually have a more slow long-term process that makes people feel like they aren't wasting their time on the game.

Once you become a real veteran. You will noitce how easy it is to gear up a char these days and how easy it is to obtain a +13 weapon.
    If you think it is hard, you are not a veteran. (eu player here btw)
  • SekaiizSekaiiz
    Vindictus Rep: 2,290
    edited May 2, 2017

Once you become a real veteran. You will noitce how easy it is to gear up a char these days and how easy it is to obtain a +13 weapon.

To each their own. Though I never stated that +13 was difficult. Moreso it I was stating that people prefer not to waste their time grinding for money and have that mean nothing in the end.
    Nakrast_Freecss

Not really the case. Odds are against every try at +12 and +13, and since we have no runes for that level, that means most players will never get there. Yes, some will, but if you look at the number of non permabound +13s and higher there literally are not enough to go around for all the players in the game. It's not "easy" to obtain a +13, and the majority of players will never get one, it's really that simple. If making +13s were a simple matter the prices wouldn't be so relatively high for them even now and those who sell gear would be selling +13s regularly.

I have two +15s, a +14, had another +14 that I boomed 'cuz Hurk, and have made/had several +12s/13s. All of them that I made were sheer luck. There was no skill involved. Even throwing tons of weaps runed up to +11 guarantees nothing. It is factually incorrect to say that it's easy to obtain anything in this game beyond +11, and even that is only easy when buying/using runes.
  • MyDeliaMyDelia
    Vindictus Rep: 655

So easy for a +13, you say?
    Please make one for me. Or go through step by step on how to easily get one.

Thanks in advance.
  • TamagoTamago
    Vindictus Rep: 5,460

>EU
  • ordinaryabnormalityordinaryabnormality
    Vindictus Rep: 1,490
    edited May 3, 2017
    SirRFI wrote: »
    I don't like this change. I do boom weapons only if I have backup, so this turns this feature to literally useless for me.

speak for your self.
    what about all the people that rather break aka yolo their weapons because they are in bad mood or something and later regret it? and simply quit the game and lie to themselves that this game sucks or what ever.
    let's prevent that option :P if we would roll a poll the majority of people would be those that rather break their weapons and quit the game.
    how do they gear up in the first place without their first weapon?
    does it really matter if you keep the restored weapon or not?

but anyway who cares its just my opinion :p
    Nakrast_Freecss
  • ArishaLArishaL
    Vindictus Rep: 1,100
    +12 is so easy to get especially these days. I kinda liked the idea of being able to boom a weapon a 2nd time but I never once did that without some sort of back up. Everyone is just too damn greedy. I won't even play without a +12 these days since its so easy to get. Hardly a gamble when u have a 44% chance of success with a golbi stone.
  • EbonwingsEbonwings
    Vindictus Rep: 1,790
    ArishaL wrote: »
    +12 is so easy to get especially these days. I kinda liked the idea of being able to boom a weapon a 2nd time but I never once did that without some sort of back up. Everyone is just too damn greedy. I won't even play without a +12 these days since its so easy to get. Hardly a gamble when u have a 44% chance of success with a golbi stone.

People keep saying "It's easy to get a +12 or a +13".

Give me your luck.

I've been playing this game since Evie first came out. You want to know how many +12s I've made?

One. And not for a lack of trying, either.

So yeah, if they're so easy to make, make me one, please.
  • GewelliriousGewellirious
    Vindictus Rep: 2,945
    It's easy to get because you can simply buy it.
    Nakrast
  • MrGoldMrGold
    edited May 3, 2017
    Does anyone know if the new changes make the enhancement lock, from the 1st(and now only) "boom", permabind? Meaning, can the weapon still be tradable after an enhancement failure?
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    edited May 3, 2017
    MrGold wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the new changes make the enhancement lock, from the 1st(and now only) "boom", permabind? Meaning, can the weapon still be tradable after an enhancement failure?

No such luck.

What they did is make it so you can enhance as high it goes. Then buy it back for ~10% of the ap that it used to be. But now it is perma bound + you can't enhance.

The good news is you could break it down for Myst shards if you used them.

But this is basically a change geared for folks that don't actually play the game. How giving them back their weapon and then saying no more tries equates to someone staying is beyond me.

(That said I am the type that never tired to double boom till I had another equivalent weapon... Plus like most of us I am sitting on >50k ap.)

Just wait, soon there will be a rune that allows you too double boom. Course it will be $25 in the US ;-)
    It's easy to get because you can simply buy it.

Except there have never been enough high enhance weapons to go around. That's exactly one of the things they mentioned in other reasons for proposed changes. If everyone waits for someone else to make them one there will be an even bigger shortage because no one will be making them. The argument that everyone can just buy them is even less sound than actually saying they're easy for everyone to make.
    2edgy4u
  • NessaEsperNessaEsper
    Vindictus Rep: 780
    I'm I the only one that still uses a +6 orange weapon. :'(
  • MrGoldMrGold
    edited May 4, 2017
    ikevi wrote: »
    MrGold wrote: »

No such luck.

What they did is make it so you can enhance as high it goes. Then buy it back for ~10% of the ap that it used to be. But now it is perma bound + you can't enhance.

The good news is you could break it down for Myst shards if you used them.

But this is basically a change geared for folks that don't actually play the game. How giving them back their weapon and then saying no more tries equates to someone staying is beyond me.

(That said I am the type that never tired to double boom till I had another equivalent weapon... Plus like most of us I am sitting on >50k ap.)

Just wait, soon there will be a rune that allows you too double boom. Course it will be $25 in the US ;-)

That's ridiculous that they have it set to permabind on the 1st and only enhancement failure. I was going to try and play devil's advocate on it alteast flooding the market with cheap +10 locked weapons for new alts/players to buy easily, but having it permabind on the 1st and only enhancement failure is zero steps forward to our current system.

What does the dismantle system guarantee me on return, if I have a locked +10, no mysterious shards, OJ primary print, and blue secondaries that make up my gamble enhancement weapon? And are they changing returned mats on an enhancement failure?