[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

RIP our usefull fansites

Comments

• ArixArix
    Vindictus Rep: 1,880
    Bowtacojr wrote: »

@Dealer -
    I've said this before, but I really wish you'd just stick to moderating, and not inject yourself into the discussion like you have. You're not an ambassador to Nexon, you're a volunteer moderator, defending Nexon and dismissing claims made by players is a job for the Community Manager, not a volunteer moderator, all you're doing is stirring up people's anger.

To be honest, I'd like to see some new volunteer mods with a clean slate, rather than keeping ones that have a history of getting into conflicts with users.

I very much agree with Bowtacojr and will look forward to the response you get :)
  • DealerDealer
    Vindictus Rep: 2,815
    edited February 5, 2017
    Those posts seemed off topic, to say the least.
    The other two as well, but I'll answer you: Yes I'm just a forum mod, but knowing that much seems within reason.
    The ticket reply I mentioned in the quoted post was posted elsewhere, so it's not hard for any player to find out what it says.

Also I have no personal opinion on the ban.
    I'm just giving those that seem to be missing some already public information, what they seemed to have missed.

Oh and this is my last reply for this thread.
  • ArixArix
    Vindictus Rep: 1,880
    edited February 5, 2017
    Dealer wrote: »
    Those posts seemed off topic, to say the least.
    The other two as well, but I'll answer you: Yes I'm just a forum mod, but knowing that much seems within reason.
    The ticket reply I mentioned in the quoted post was posted elsewhere, so it's not hard for any player to find out what it says.

Also I have no personal opinion on the ban.
    I'm just giving those that seem to be missing some already public information, what they seemed to have missed.

Mind telling me where this "quoted post was posted elsewhere, so it's not hard for any player to find out what it says" is located? since it's so easy to find according to you, it will be a great service of a forum moderator if you can help me find it :D , im just having trouble finding it.

edit: VOLUNTEER forum moderator.
  • KhloeKhloe
    Vindictus Rep: 1,390
    edited February 5, 2017
    Bowtacojr wrote: »
    @Dealer -
    I've said this before, but I really wish you'd just stick to moderating, and not inject yourself into the discussion like you have. You're not an ambassador to Nexon, you're a volunteer moderator, defending Nexon and dismissing claims made by players is a job for the Community Manager, not a volunteer moderator, all you're doing is stirring up people's anger.

To be honest, I'd like to see some new volunteer mods with a clean slate, rather than keeping ones that have a history of getting into conflicts with users.
    Dealer wrote: »
    +wow
    SFKRCLX.png
    ZensmikerDelterosSaniteeMrGoldJoochuMochiSweethi5joshKING3RNoburoand 5 others.
  • MrGoldMrGold
    Vindictus Rep: 1,490
    edited February 5, 2017
    I was hoping she'd say, "Oh and this is my last reply to the forums.". But I guess we can't be that lucky.
  • AquasolAquasol
    Vindictus Rep: 2,650
    Heya, folks, this thread isn't about pushing a moderator, or anyone else for that matter, so let's steer clear of that, alright?
    Zuzuk
  • BowtacojrBowtacojr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,545
    edited February 5, 2017
    Aquasol wrote: »
    Heya, folks, this thread isn't about pushing a moderator, or anyone else for that matter, so let's steer clear of that, alright?

You're right, this isn't the thread for that, and my comments aren't meant to be malicious.

That being said, I think it's time we seriously took a step back and reviewed if who we have moderating this forum are really the the best people to have moderating it. I very rarely see controversial threads where the volunteer mods show up that don't go up in flames, and I'm starting to think that it's less the community's fault and more that the mods are so notorious with their antics that noone is willing to give them the time of day anymore.

Honestly, you've all dedicated a lot of time to moderating and maintaining this forum, and I'm grateful for that, but when you're able to stir up reactions like these so easily, it's not hard to deduce that there might be a problem that goes deeper than someone being banned for using TOS breaking software. The problem being that our volunteer forum mods have such a bad rep, people no longer show any interest in listening to them and will fight them at every step.

It's just food for though, I'm not aiming this post directly at any mod, but I've seen both of you in these situations numerous times, and every time it makes me wonder, if it were another person managing the forum, things might be more civil, and less passive aggressive like they are now.
  • ZuzukZuzuk
    Vindictus Rep: 1,690
    Aquasol wrote: »

yeah pls, i saw 27 new notifications in the thread and i thought it was something meaningfull, not ppl talking about some Mod...
  • SuhpremeSuhpreme
    Vindictus Rep: 3,935
    haha sanitee moved on to BDO

good choice
  • SoyuSoyu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,055
    Scammers get more unbans than data miners lololol
  • MrGoldMrGold
    edited February 6, 2017
    Suhpreme wrote: »

good choice

Hopefully she doesn't heavily invest in that game, like she did with Vindictus. This should be a wake call for a lot of players here, throwing down thousands of dollars on their accounts or spending countless hours on fan projects to help Vindictus. I know players that have already pulled back their support because of it.
  • CessaCessa
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    MrGold wrote: »
    Suhpreme wrote: »

good choice

Hopefully she doesn't heavily invest in that game, like she did with Vindictus. This should be a wake call for a lot of players here, throwing down thousands of dollars on their accounts or spending countless hours on fan projects to help Vindictus. I know players that have already pulled back their support because of it.

Black Desert is trash.
    And yes, as of over 6 months ago I have not spent a single dime on Vindictus because issues posted in this thread and on-going issues that I see with Vindictus.
    http://forums.vindictus.nexon.net/discussion/2735/retaining-players

One of the most stupid things to have come about also is where Nexon will aggressively moderate their forums by moving topics to places like Off-Topic where they can try and hide it away from the more general players.

I'm really glad players have gathered on Steam's review for Vindictus to protest this granting it a "mostly negative" in the recent reviews.
    What I am sad about is that because of Nexon's poor management and inability to work towards retaining players Vindictus will likely fall away to nothing and get shut down.

-mailbox glitch
    -horribly laggy servers that were the result of botters and gold sellers yet Nexon still claiming it was nothing
    -stupid enhancement system which punishes players heavily for trying to get better gear
    -extortionist pricing for cash shop items
    -inability to listen to players about anything in their decision making from Nexon Launcher to BlackCipher
    -horrible interaction between management of the game and the players (long live Zoltar, he was literally the best it ever got and it still could've been so much better)
    -banning players for stuff like this

In case you haven't seen it yet, Shippu has posted on his site about this a bit more. And I don't even like Shippu, I've talked with him a few times in-game and his personality grates on me so take that as you will that I'm agreeing with him on this.

To make it short.
    -Shippu verified with customer support that the ban was for the use of a certain program which cannot alter the game files.
    -Shippu states the program is used only to data mine the files to get information.
    -Nexon responded saying data mining is against the ToS and is bannable.
    -Shippu makes the argument that if data mining is against the ToS then the offical Vindictus wiki which Nexon has asked players to update and which was built by players data mining the game should be taken down because Nexon is literally asking players to data mine the game to update its official Vindictus wiki so they can get banned. Just an awesome job from Nexon, I think.

Remember over 2-3 years ago when we had a really awesome site which had a better format and where you could do equipment checks and weapon checks at? It was taken down because the group hosting it said the Vindictus section of their website was used too infrequently to justify the upkeep?
    And now we lose the Armory and the Inn due to Nexon's own arrogant attitude and inflexibility in enforcing stupid things like Nexon Launcher, BlackCipher, auto bans, bans over false points where Sanitee is not even altering the game? Yeah, Vindictus deserves to go down and with this being the only game I play from Nexon, good riddance to Nexon.
    MochiSweetMrGoldhi5joshGewelliriousKhloe
  • MrGoldMrGold
    Cessa wrote: »
    And yes, as of over 6 months ago I have not spent a single dime on Vindictus because issues posted in this thread and on-going issues that I see with Vindictus.

Smart move, I hope more players do this.

The best thing we can hope for, is that Nexon sells Vindictus to a company that can support the game the way it deserves to be supported. Both for the game's playablity, and it's community.

• QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    :-( It really breaks my heart that this has happened.
  • SuhpremeSuhpreme
    Vindictus Rep: 3,935
    MrGold wrote: »
    Cessa wrote: »

Smart move, I hope more players do this.

The best thing we can hope for, is that Nexon sells Vindictus to a company that can support the game the way it deserves to be supported. Both for the game's playablity, and it's community.
    sht dude i wouldnt even mind if there was a transfer, just let me transfer only one character and im set
  • FluentFluent
    Vindictus Rep: 750
    Im still salty asf about this
    Nexon, make ya move
  • MrGoldMrGold
    edited February 13, 2017
    They already did. It's to do nothing, and ignore the players. Same thing they always have done. It's not about the players, and it's not about the community. It's about them, and their agenda.

They really want this thread to die, and they really want everyone to forget about this. But history keeps repeating itself over and over and over again. Because they refuse to change, and eventually, everyone moves on and forgets about it, as they wave a new shiny ingame object to distract you from real issues that need to be addressed.
  • MixxiaMixxia
    Vindictus Rep: 1,740
    How is this person STILL banned? They did no damage to the game or any kind of cheating or hacking. Wasn't the whole thing that they were copying and just looking at files??? How is that illegal? Nexon has no right and does not own any files on your computer. I could see if your using modified files on their service, but what a person does to the files on their PC is none of Nexons business.

This person is a major volunteer to the community and should be praised and given volunteer status by Nexon (hell they should be a CM), but instead they are banned? Do you even understand how idiotic it is to ban someone who volunteers to do work for your game and does no harm to the game? Sanitee should have been unbanned, apologized to and given any event stuff they missed weeks ago. What a joke.
    Khloedazedgumball
  • BirdSpiritBirdSpirit
    Vindictus Rep: 915
    HeroesDB is going down now too because SURPRISE the user's account has been blocked for no reason.
    MenrvaKhloe
  • MenrvaMenrva
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    edited February 19, 2017
    BirdSpirit wrote: »
    HeroesDB is going down now too because SURPRISE the user's account has been blocked for no reason.

It's like Nexon's on a systematic mission to shut their own game down.
    Khloe