[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
In-Depth New Player Gearing Guide 2020
- Join a guild for extra boss core, reduced repair/enhance costs, and AP bonuses.
- While leveling, it’s important to manage your AP because you’ll need a lot later. The general priority for spending AP is Character Growth Goal skills, Critical Hit and Smash Mastery to max, then most used skills to Rank A.
- Stock up on AP. To get even more AP, you can:
- Join a guild and buy three AP 100 Capsules a day with Guild Seals.
- Buy an Ancient Bloody Shade from the marketplace if it’s affordable.
- Buy the Secret Boxes from the Strange Traveler.
- Get to level 95 via Story Progression Mode. If you get stuck, spam Season 2 bosses.
- Read LoLoBooty's guide to Increasing your Power & Tech. See the steps under “Character Baseline”.
- The standard outfitter can be skipped.
- Complete Season 3, Chapter 2, Episode 4 (Aes Sidhe) in the story. Talk to the Strange Traveler and complete the Traveler's Astera Raid Support quest.
At this point, you may need gold to progress further. Below are battles that you can farm to make gold in Vindictus.
Season 1 Battles
Level 24 to 47 gear, which can be sold for a decent sum. They can also be dismantled into Element Stone Catalysts if you level an expertise to 99 proficiency (a long-term investment).
Season 2 Ex-Raids
Rank 8 Enchant Scrolls. Lots of AP. Level 70 to 80 gear, which can be sold or dismantled into Spirit Magic Powder.
Druid is efficient if you can clear quickly. Annwyn battles drop more equips. Lakoria, Havan, and Pantheum are fast with mediocre scrolls. Lavasat and Kraken are slow with good scrolls. Juggernaut and Iset are not recommended.
If you wish to invest into an expertise for dismantling, here's a short guide:
Royal Army Raids
- Choose an expertise. Every expertise is viable for dismantling, but some are considered better if you reach max proficiency.
Armorsmithing is generally the most useful, followed by Weaponsmithing. Goldsmithing crafts Battleshade, Bow, Staff, Whip, Crossgun, and accessories. Tailoring is mostly for vanity items.
- Buy. farm, or check guild storage for Beginner materials. Below is a list of battles with higher efficiency.
- Aim to craft the highest level item your expertise allows (without spending too much extra). Items with pink text have a higher chance to raise your proficiency by 2-3 points instead of 1.
- Once your proficiency is 99, head to Rocheste and talk to the NPC which taught your expertise. Complete the quest and talk to them again to learn dismantling.
Mysterious Shards, the most valuable single material in the game. Materials for Accessory Enhancement and Material Synthesis. AP Capsules.
Season 3 & 4 Raids
Damascus Steel, Rank 7 and 6 Enchant Scrolls, and Rare Essences for gear.
These are the most popular battles to farm.
I’ve listed several modes because it’s more important to enjoy farming than it is to optimize your income. Farm what is fun for you.
If you want to know what’s considered “optimal” regardless, here’s a list:
- Level 100 Raids once you unlock them
- Royal Army Raid for the AP Capsules and other drops
- Level 95 Raids
- White Tyrant’s Challenge and Druid for their efficiency
- Cromm and Ulchas for dismantling
- Eochaid and Abomination for their Essences
- The rest
Complete these steps as you get sufficient gold from farming.
- Upon reaching level 90 open the character growth reward. It contains +12 Level 90 armors and weapon along with accessories.
- Upon reaching level 95 you will get the quest "Traveler's Additional Raid Battle Support" from the Strange Cat.
- You will receive unenhanced Dullahan gear. Do not equip this gear yet.
- Obtain the "Forgotten" title - Complete Season 3; Chapter 2, Episode 2: Blight of the Unseen. Defeat Lorgrach
- Enhance the Dullahan weapon to +12 and armors to +13 by using the stones/runes in the Raid Battle Support Package (Enhancement Stone and Rune Set).
- Complete the story "Traveler's Astera Raid Support". The story is split into 3 tasks:
- To begin this story you must obtain "The Enlightened" title - Complete Season 3; Chapter 2, Episode 4: Dogma. Defeat AES Sidhe.
- Next talk to the Strange Cat. He will give you the "Counter Accessory Support Package (Earring and Belt)" if you give him Eochaid's Essence and Abomination's Essence. You can obtain these in one of three ways:
A. Trade your seals in the Exchange Shop (Seal Shop tab) to get the "Abomination's Essence Box" and "Eochaid's Essence Box". Each box costs 55 seals.
B. Buy the essences off the marketplace.
C. Obtain "Eochaid's Essence" from "Agony And Despair" and "Abomination's Essence" from "Denizen of the Deep"
- After trading those two essences you will reach the final part of the story. Next the Strange Cat asks for the "Red Energy Remnant" and "Aes Sidhe's Essence". "Red Energy Remnant" is mis-labeled. It should be "Dullahan's Essence". You can obtain these in one of three ways:
A. Trade your seals in the Exchange Shop (Seal Shop tab) to get the "Dullahan's Essence Box" and "Aes Sidhe's Essence Box". Each box costs 95 seals.
B. Buy the essences off the marketplace.
C. Obtain "Dullahan's Essence" from "The Missing Soul" and "Aes Sidhe's Essence" from "The Price of Failure"
You should have ~43k power, ~223 tech, and 100 Counterforce (CF). You can now do raids up to Red Stigma in Quick Battle (QB).
- Note: If you don't have time to do raids, you can stock up on Kitty Pots by leaving the Warm Welcome Box unopened.
- Buy or craft an Astera weapon and enhance it to +11 safely using runes. Enchant it with Chaotic Judgment
- The +11 Astera weapon will deal more damage in level 100 raids, but decrease your damage in battles level 95 and below. You may swap weapons as appropriate.
- Use your Seals of Bravery to buy Unstable Enhancement Runes for reforging.
- You can get more Seals of Bravery by doing Ein Lacher and exchanging Honor Medals for them at a 1:1 ratio. Ein Lacher also gives great stats. Aim for Silver God no pots, or better yet, Golden God.
- Enhance the Astera Weapon to +12 or higher.
- Buy or craft a Devil's Crystal/Teardrop and enchant it with Warlord's Passion.
- Enhance the Devil's Crystal/Teardrop to +15.
You should now have ~47k power, ~230 tech, and 110 CF. If so, you have unlocked all Season 3 raids.
MORE CHARACTER PROGRESSION
Upgrades at No Gold Cost
- Titles are one of the best source of stats for new players. A list of titles for new players can be found here.
- Doing Ein Lacher will unlock most of the titles in the list above. Farming Season 2, Season 3 and Royal Army battles for gold and AP will unlock a chunk of titles as well. The titles unlocked by defeating Keaghan and Muir are worth going out of the way for. The remaining titles can be unlocked over time.
- Redeemer battles are a type of raid which are more challenging and involve up to 8 players.
- Redeemers provide amazing stats at virtually no cost.
- From the Depart Window (G) choose Redeemers under Battles.
- There are progression bars, one for each Redeemer. The total stats rewarded for Neam & Balor are Critical +10, HP +2000, ATT +2000, M.ATT +2000, Remove ATT Limit +600. Ignore Brigid for now as she requires end-game gear.
- You gain 25% progression per Neamhain battle and 2% per Balor and 1% per Brigid. Each Redeemer boss is capped at 4 runs a week.
- Neamhain is unlocked after the Ceara Interlude in the story, while Balor is unlocked shortly after Rupacitus.
- It is recommended that you begin doing Redeemers as soon as possible because progression cannot be accelerated. Don’t worry about dying or not contributing at first. In Redeemers, that’s part of the learning process.
- Check Legend Arma'sRedeemers Guides.
- Artifacts are accessories that provide powerful effects on usage.
- Werewolf Paw increases Attack Speed by 20% for [20/30] seconds, with a cooldown of 120 seconds.
- Cat Statue restores 250 SP, with a cooldown of [90/70] seconds.
- Succubus Fang restores [10%/13%] of your Attack as HP for 20 seconds, with a cooldown of 180s.
- While they do not provide stats, Artifacts have a medium to significant impact on gameplay depending on your character.
- Make sure to research which Artifact your character uses. One method is to view the info of top-ranked players.
- Artifacts cost 100 to 300 Triumph Medals, which are obtained in many possible ways:
- Trading Wins in PVP Arena (70 per week max, resets on Saturday).
- Seige Match (20 Seals win, 16 loss) on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays
- Season 3 Episode Reward Box (5 per episode, 8 episodes total).
- Guild Seal Exchange Shop (3 per day).
- Guild House Vending Machine (0-3 every 8 hours).
- Alban Festival Box (20 per week).
- Seal Destiny Box (10 per box, from Weekly Missions).
- Secret Boxes (Low chance).
- Incinerating worthless items individually via Flovian (Low chance).
- Daily Mission Ticket Exchange Shop (Not recommended).
- Those who desire an Artifact should start working early, given the temporal constraints and the amount of Triumph Medals needed.
- Once you receive your Artifact, you may enchant it with Warlord’s Passion.
Mad props to Florrick for everything math-related and more.
Credits to Rumble for providing lots of info.
Credits to Venerator and Zubine for editing.
Mad props to Submersed for the initial guide.
For questions or feedback, feel free to post here