[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
In-Depth New Player Gearing Guide 2021
Basics for new players
LEVEL 95 | 100 FREE GEAR
- Join a guild with guild perks: extra boss core, reduced repair/enhance costs, and AP bonus guild skills.
- While leveling, it’s important to manage your AP because you will need a lot later. The general priority for spending AP is Character Growth Goal skills, then Critical Hit and Smash Mastery to max, then most used character skills to Rank A.
- Stock up on AP. To get even more AP, you can:
- Buy three AP 100 Capsules a day with Guild Seals.
- Buy an Ancient Bloody Shade from the marketplace if it’s affordable.
- Do Royal Army Raids (RAR) which drop AP Capsules
- Buy the Secret Boxes from the Strange Traveler.
- Get to level 100 via Story Progression Mode. The "Main Stream" stories is what's important. Sub-Stories can be ignored.
- Buying gear is unimportant until Part 2 of this guide. Progressing in the main story will provide you with the gear needed from levels 1 - 100.
Complete these steps to start gearing for raids.
- While progressing through the story you will get "Episode Reward Boxes". Open these but save the enhancement mats, triumph medals, and seals of bravery for the below steps.
- Upon reaching levels 90 and 95 immediately receive the Character Growth Goals rewards (click Event icon on bottom left >> Character Growth Goals). Each contains a box called (Lv90 | Lv95) Support Destiny Box. When opening the box it will give you two options: Choose option 1 - Equipment Support Box with +12 armors and weapon. Open and equip them immediately.
- Additionally the level 95 Character Growth Goals will include an accessories box. Choose option 1 which will include a Lv95 Shield | Focus | Totem (depending on which character you are). Open and equip them immediately.
- Upon reaching level 100 immediately receive the Character Growth Goals rewards (click Event icon on bottom left >> Character Growth Goals). It contains a box called Lv100 Support Destiny Box. When opening the box it will give you two options: Choose option 1 - Equipment Support Box with +12 Lv100 armors and weapon. Open and equip them immediately.
- Additionally the level 100 Character Growth Goals will include an accessories box. Choose option 1 which will include Lv100 +16 earring, +16 belt, and +15 rings. Open and equip them immediately.
EXPLANATION OF VINDICTUS STATS by LegendarmaTV
MORE CHARACTER PROGRESSION
Upgrades at No Gold Cost
- Titles are one of the best source of stats for new players. A list of titles for new players can be found here.
- Doing Ein Lacher will unlock most of the titles in the list above. Farming Season 2, Season 3, and Royal Army battles for AP will unlock a chunk of titles as well. The titles unlocked by defeating Keaghan and Muir are worth going out of the way for. The remaining titles can be unlocked over time.
- Redeemer battles (Sea of Reflection - Neamhain, Dark Side of the Moon - Balor, Tempering the Sword - Brigid, Tree of Life - Laura) are a type of 8 player raid which are more challenging.
- Redeemer battles are part of the main story but can be skipped to continue the main story.
- However, at minimum plan on clearing Neamhain | Balor four times each and Brigid | Laura once. Clearing Neamhain | Balor (4 each) gives a permanent stat bonus of ATT | M.ATT +2000, Critical Rate +8, Max HP +2000, ATT Surplus +600. Clearing Brigid | Laura (once each) gives a permanent stat bonus of ATT | M.ATT +1000, Critical Rate +2.
- From the Depart Window (G) choose Redeemers under Battles. Note the best time to find/create a Redeemers boat is on Mondays (weekly cap reset) or weekends (Friday - Saturday).
- There are progression bars, one for each Redeemer.
- You gain 25% progression per Neamhain battle, 25% per Balor, 2% per Brigid, and 1% per Laura. Each Redeemer boss is normally capped at 4 runs a week (it is possible to obtain Redeemers specific departure licenses).
- These progression rates are doubled for Neamhain, Balor, and Brigid if you already have another character with 100 clears of said battle.
- Neamhain is unlocked after the Ceara Interlude story (which can be skipped). Balor is unlocked shortly after Rupacitus. Brigid is unlocked after Brilliant Lugh. Laura is unlocked after Epona.
- It is recommended that you begin doing Redeemers as soon as possible because progression cannot be accelerated. Don’t worry about dying or not contributing at first. In Redeemers, that’s part of the learning process.
- Check Legend Arma's Redeemers Guides.
- Artifacts are accessories that provide powerful effects on usage.
- Werewolf Paw increases Attack Speed by 20% for [20/30] seconds, with a cooldown of 120 seconds.
- Cat Statue restores 250 SP, with a cooldown of [90/70] seconds.
- Succubus Fang restores [10%/13%] of your Attack as HP for 20 seconds, with a cooldown of 180s.
- While they do not provide stats, Artifacts have a medium to significant impact on gameplay depending on your character.
- Make sure to research which Artifact your character uses. One method is to view the info of top-ranked players.
- Artifacts cost 100 to 300 Triumph Medals, which are obtained in many possible ways:
- Trading Wins in PVP Arena (resets on Saturday).
- Siege Match (20 Seals win, 16 loss) on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays
- Season 3 Episode Reward Boxes (5 per episode reward box).
- Guild Seal Exchange Shop (3 per day).
- Guild House Vending Machine (0-9 every 24 hours).
- Alban Festival Box (20 per week).
- Seal Destiny Box (10 per box from Weekly Missions or clear Lv5 of Reverent Tower).
- Secret Boxes (Low chance).
- Incinerating worthless items individually via Flovian (Low chance).
- Daily Mission Ticket Exchange Shop (Not recommended).
- Those who desire an Artifact should start working early, given the weekly medal cap (70) and the amount of Triumph Medals needed.
- Available to purchase in the Supply Depot: "Seal of Honor 2x Potion Box". This 7 day potion awards double seals earned from PVP Arena | Siege Match and ignores the weekly medal cap allowing you to earn up to 140 per week.
- Obtaining all Ein Lacher achievements permanently adds +5 BAL, +3 Critical Rate, and small amounts of ATT.
- After your first character reaches within 5 levels of the max level any additional character reaching that same threshold (up to 10 characters total) will give all characters on the account a stat boost to Stamina, ATT/M.ATT, .DEF, CRITICAL RATE, and ATT Surplus. Each stat gets further boosted with each additional character.
Mad props to Florrick for everything math-related and more in the 2019 guide.
Credits to Rumble for providing lots of info for the 2019 guide.
Credits to Venerator and Zubine for editing the 2019 guide.
Mad props to Submersed for the initial 2019 guide.
LegendArma for the video explaining stats.