[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

S3C2E3 - Patch notes, map and battles

Comments

• 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    Atherion
    Atherion said:

The jump in stats seems way too significant for a mere 5 levels. Toss in the fact the people in Kr who maxed their attack break are unable to retrieve the 120 shards without dismantling their +15 90s...rip.

Honestly, this system would work a lot better if there was a way for people to upgrade their equipment from 90 to 95 while keeping enhance and enchants instead of starting over from scratch.
    Yeah a lot of us think this move was too early especially story content wise to be jumping stats this high. Whats more is some of us are hoping Neamhain gets re-worked for lvl 95 players otherwise Chaos Strike will be too easy to obtain.
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    As for the Lv 95 weapons, I'll for sure get one for my Arisha because I boomed her +13 Braha Spellsword. I'll replace the Braha Chest and Pants w/ the Lv 95 Chest and Pants, but keep the Terminus Helm, Gloves, and Boots and fuse them to the rest of the 95 Armor Set. As for Hurk, I'll also get the Lv 95 weapon, but it won't be the Greatsword. It will be for his 2nd weapon because I would feel bad about replacing the +13 Regina Greatsword that I've spent approx. 300-400M on for Material Synthesis.
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    edited December 12, 2016
    Atherion
    Atherion said:

The jump in stats seems way too significant for a mere 5 levels. Toss in the fact the people in Kr who maxed their attack break are unable to retrieve the 120 shards without dismantling their +15 90s...rip.

Honestly, this system would work a lot better if there was a way for people to upgrade their equipment from 90 to 95 while keeping enhance and enchants instead of starting over from scratch.
    Maybe I missed it, but isn't the only killer jump the crit? IE +15 90s with 120 shards will be better in every other way? And obviously they are better on all older content. (+15 lv 90 will still hit >30k att.) Course I am still waiting to see who is actually buying the shards for their weapons....

For me the biggest eh is if I will be willing to drop a bloodlust/fast just to get judgment on my spears. With all likely hood I will probably just focus on swords for lv 95. (Course new armor/rings/belt focused on crit are a given.)

And it would be amazing if they let us upgrade weapons/armor, but then were would nexon make all their money by selling runes. (You all know that the only reason they upped the stats the way they did was to get everyone to upgrade again. I was just expecting some new "amazing" e3 only buff to the weapons instead of just the gulp in crit.)

• 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    edited December 12, 2016
    ikevi
    ikevi said:

Atherion
    Atherion said:

Maybe I missed it, but isn't the only killer jump the crit? IE +15 90s with 120 shards will be better in every other way? And obviously they are better on all older content. (+15 lv 90 will still hit >30k att.) Course I am still waiting to see who is actually buying the shards for their weapons....

For me the biggest eh is if I will be willing to drop a bloodlust/fast just to get judgment on my spears. With all likely hood I will probably just focus on swords for lv 95. (Course new armor/rings/belt focused on crit are a given.)

And it would be amazing if they let us upgrade weapons/armor, but then were would nexon make all their money by selling runes. (You all know that the only reason they upped the stats the way they did was to get everyone to upgrade again. I was just expecting some new "amazing" e3 only buff to the weapons instead of just the gulp in crit.)

He means because a blue Dullahan Weapon Essence LITERALLY beats my Braha Weapon Orange Essence by a pretty big margin. I got a blue one on Test with attack and M attack at 6920. Blue Light Weight Carved is same stats as Orange Light Weight regular. Keen Orange Dullahan is 40 crit from what I saw as well.
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    edited December 12, 2016
    탱크블레이드

He means because a blue Dullahan Weapon Essence LITERALLY beats my Braha Weapon Orange Essence by a pretty big margin. I got a blue one on Test with attack and M attack at 6920. Blue Light Weight Carved is same stats as Orange Light Weight regular. Keen Orange Dullahan is 40 crit from what I saw as well.
    Oh I know there is a gulp with the att/matt too. But my point is that a +15 lv 90 weapon isn't really hurting for att even with the big jump + 2k extra possible with the shards. That is the only thing that anyone with a +15 lv 90 weapons will QQ about is the crit they need to cap. (But they will at least have better bal => spd)

I guess on the royal raids they might feel less op since that is the only one where having 32k>>30k weapons.
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    ikevi
    ikevi said:

탱크블레이드

Oh I know there is a gulp with the att/matt too. But my point is that a +15 lv 90 weapon isn't really hurting for att even with the big jump + 2k extra possible with the shards. That is the only thing that anyone with a +15 lv 90 weapons will QQ about is the crit they need to cap. (But they will at least have better bal => spd)

I guess on the royal raids they might feel less op since that is the only one where having 32k>>30k weapons.
    Well the only thing I hope is DevCAT makes Neamhain level 95 stats with this because.....whats the point of a new hard as sin raid we literally got a few months ago if they give us gear that jumps rather far in stats? :P
  • AimAndKillAimAndKill
    Vindictus Rep: 1,590
    Hally
    Hally said:

Since paw multiplies with your attack speed... would that mean paw gives you even more negative speed if facing that debuff.
    That's actually not true, paw increases your speed by 20% base attack speed is 200 (which displays as 0 in game) and 20% of that is 40 which is what gets displayed in game. For a -150 debuff at base att SPD you do 200-150 = 50 * .2 gets you only 10. You add the 10 to -150 to get -140 att SPD which is what's shown in game.

• AtherionAtherion
    Vindictus Rep: 3,520
    edited December 13, 2016
    5 levels and we get a jump in 15 crit and 3k attack. I mean it isn't really an immediate problem but imagine if this trend continues and we get upgrades like this at 100, 105, 110.

Then there is the thing with new boss stats with a jump of 5k defense and 15 cr which I feel is the bigger issue at hand. Atleast with season 3 and the introduction of new enchants, attack for the most part wasn't such a huge deal for players using older high enhanced weapons while those using level 90 weapons could basically disregard attack all together. With this update, it's like DevCat wanted to make attack relevant again, but they didn't seem to factor these tremendous jump in stats introduced with level 90 and 95.

And the issue regarding having to dismantling your weapon in order to retrieve the shards, in Kr, the price for 120 of those shards was somewhere around 3x the price of a +15 90 weapon I recall reading a while back. So those who maxed out attack break are obviously minmaxing like crazy. But with the introduction of level 95 weapons, the jump in crit is rather significant that it may be worth the upgrade from a 90 weapon for many people. So imagine facing with the decision to dismantle your +15 90 so you can fully max out a +15 95. The entire concept of having to destroy the weapon to retrieve the shards is frankly stupid and too punishing for those who took the time and effort to max everything out already. I doubt this will be much of an issue in NA cause lol playerbase, but it's just something I think need rework.

MochiSweetSylariusDelterosBreadmanAqua22
  • SanuienSanuien
    Vindictus Rep: 2,720
    have any ingame weapon pics been posted yet?
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    The only issue with these weapons is the balance. While they have insane amounts of attack and crit rating, They actually have a 7 balance margin when you compare them to the 90 weapons.

A weapon like this won't kill me any when I switch to Chaos Valor, esp with those that attain the Golden God title that throws 3 crit and 5 balance your way just by killing all 70 spirits without taking a single hit. Silver god also gives a decent boost as well with giving 1 crit and 3 balance.

There's a good reason why they sliced 7 balance off because if you have golden god, you are actually only losing 2 balance by switching over, something that can easily be replaced with a lucky infusion. A silver god would lose 4 balance when switching over.

Right now, I have base 120 critical rating and if I were to replace my weapon with Chaos Valor 95 weapon, then I would sky rocket to 136 critical rating. Armor enchants I don't see much benefit because they are practically the same stats are their R7 counterparts. Since I don't have temporal yet, I can use that to get up to 140 critical rating, and I don't have any infusions for critical rating.

Even with these losses, I will still be able to be at 90 balance since currently I am 7 balance over the cap.
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Sanuien
    Sanuien said:

I do of Lann's Swords and Spears that's about it. I'll add them in soon enough.
    Ikarsu
    Ikarsu said:

The only issue with these weapons is the balance. While they have insane amounts of attack and crit rating, They actually have a 7 balance margin when you compare them to the 90 weapons.

A weapon like this won't kill me any when I switch to Chaos Valor, esp with those that attain the Golden God title that throws 3 crit and 5 balance your way just by killing all 70 spirits without taking a single hit. Silver god also gives a decent boost as well with giving 1 crit and 3 balance.

There's a good reason why they sliced 7 balance off because if you have golden god, you are actually only losing 2 balance by switching over, something that can easily be replaced with a lucky infusion. A silver god would lose 4 balance when switching over.

Right now, I have base 120 critical rating and if I were to replace my weapon with Chaos Valor 95 weapon, then I would sky rocket to 136 critical rating. Armor enchants I don't see much benefit because they are practically the same stats are their R7 counterparts. Since I don't have temporal yet, I can use that to get up to 140 critical rating, and I don't have any infusions for critical rating.

Even with these losses, I will still be able to be at 90 balance since currently I am 7 balance over the cap.
    I'm not too worried about the whole balance issue as a Lann when he isn't even close to top tier in stats and he's NEEDING crit badly to even be able to do any damage. To mitigate that Imma just do Well Balance and Enthu for my Lann. It's a matter of coming up with a way to deal with it. Though I will be talking with my friend who plays Lann since he will be upgrading to Dullahan very soon to see if we have a good way to mitigate the balance loss.
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    탱크블레이드

Sanuien
    Sanuien said:

I do of Lann's Swords and Spears that's about it. I'll add them in soon enough.
    Ikarsu
    Ikarsu said:

I'm not too worried about the whole balance issue as a Lann when he isn't even close to top tier in stats and he's NEEDING crit badly to even be able to do any damage. To mitigate that Imma just do Well Balance and Enthu for my Lann. It's a matter of coming up with a way to deal with it. Though I will be talking with my friend who plays Lann since he will be upgrading to Dullahan Weapons very soon to see if we have a good way to mitigate the balance loss.
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    When you switch from Lv. 90 to Lv. 95, you should have 130 to 135 crit range with a base/clean Lv. 95 and that is assuming the crit is maxed out on the weapon. +3 crit from Golden God (70/70 Ein Lacher) will bring it to 133 to 138. +5 crit from defeating Neamhain 100 times will bring it to 138 to 143. Chaotic ES (Rank 6 prefix) will bring it to 147 to 151. Lastly, Spirited ES will bring it to 153 to 157. If you do NOT have the Golden God title, you should be in the 151 to 155 crit range. This is the method of getting crit cap without ANY crit infusions. In order for this to work, you need a minimum of 63 to 65 crit when you have your Lv. 90 weapon unequipped. This is for non-Lann characters.
  • TradespotTradespot
    Vindictus Rep: 1,795
    Did he block a red attack at 4:21?

• TheDayInLoveTheDayInLove
    Vindictus Rep: 3,975
    Sanuien
    Sanuien said:

A gallery of most of the Dullahan weapon and armor:

http://imgur.com/a/A7K30?

I can't find in game pic of Xgun and Large Shield :(

• NoburoNoburo
    Vindictus Rep: 2,940
    Tradespot
    Tradespot said:

It might just be a certain part of that overhead attack that has the true unblockable property, probably the blue part of the sword. Definitely strange though, I don't believe there are any other red attacks like that yet. It might also have something to do with that attack being autoclashable. We've never had a clashable true unblockable before and I feel like they may have messed something up when making an exception that allows us to autoclash it.
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Noburo
    Noburo said:

Tradespot
    Tradespot said:

It might just be a certain part of that overhead attack that has the true unblockable property, probably the blue part of the sword. Definitely strange though, I don't believe there are any other red attacks like that yet. It might also have something to do with that attack being autoclashable. We've never had a clashable true unblockable before and I feel like they may have messed something up when making an exception that allows us to autoclash it.
    I can't iframe that attack but I HAVE managed to block that on Delia 50% of the time. So there is some sort of bug DevCAT needs to fix. Either take off red to make that mechanic make sense or change the opportunity to clash. Easiest for DevCAT is to remove the red property from that attack.
  • AxxonAxxon
    Vindictus Rep: 1,135
    edited December 21, 2016
    Kinda disgusting how we will have to change ALL of our gear less than 2 years in 90 Cap with such a big stat increase (When Even the 95 Blue shards beat the 90 oranges, it's sad).

Alot of games have a transfer system for what is equal to our Enchants and Enhancement so you never start back from 0. Sadly, in Vindictus, it seems like forcing players to start from 0 to gear up every 2 years seem to be the main business model in order to bring the Cash In. That's the main Reason I gave up on gearing up hardcore once I got ONE orange weapon for lvl 90 cap, because I knew it wouldn't last for long and I would cry if I had to remake an Armor and Two weapons instead of just one weapon.

The only advantage is that the most important r9s are becoming rA or lower I guess... so if you wanna give up on some on the hardcore gearing ( I mean being Full orange with r7/r6 enchants), you don't lose as much as before once the enchant scrolls/system revamp is patched here.
    Dokkun
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Here is what a +15 weapon looks like with half orange and half purple.
    http://i.imgur.com/wyK7i8n.jpg
  • AimAndKillAimAndKill
    Vindictus Rep: 1,590
    edited December 24, 2016
    TheDayInLove

Sanuien
    Sanuien said:

A gallery of most of the Dullahan weapon and armor:

http://imgur.com/a/A7K30?

I can't find in game pic of Xgun and Large Shield :(

Why can't we have ONE pair of end game twin spears with got range? Whaaaai????