[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

S3C2E3 - Patch notes, map and battles

Comments

• CessaCessa
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    I can put Spirited ES on the new accessories in Vindictus Armory.
    Please tell me that's correct.
    http://vindictusmanual.com/

It would do so much for this game.
    ZezeBladehawk
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    edited January 5, 2017
    Speaking of the Armory, Abomination Armor is listed under Heavy Armor, but in-game it says that it requires rank 5 Plate Armor. There has to be some sort of typo.
  • BladehawkBladehawk
    Vindictus Rep: 1,145
    edited January 5, 2017
    The Armory seems to have gone crazy. I could, for instance, put weapon Scrolls on my legs... lol. I thought it was just me.

http://puu.sh/tcOYS/9787337b1c.png
  • CessaCessa
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    No... then that makes me think the Armory is incorrect. *sigh*
    I wish it were correct... my gods... it would make this game so much more playable. :(
  • AequipondiumAequipondium
    Vindictus Rep: 1,965
    Question, how do you enhance the new gear? Are the new enhancement stones "farmable"?
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    edited January 10, 2017
    The armory is the most accurate vindi equipment building wiki in existence right now. Not even KR's is accurate since the owner quit playing and neglected to update it. Though I'm in the process of seeing if me and some friends can request a copy from the owner so we can keep it alive and well.

As for the new gear. There are no new enhancement stones. They use Paradise Enhance Stones so it's the exact same as every other piece of gear in the game. That's not changing either :P
    BloodAngel
  • ChrysChrys
    Vindictus Rep: 540
    Looking at the stats, there's at least a 3k attack difference between 90 and 95 weapons. Which means that a +10 95 will roughly have the same attack as a +15 90.

That's just ridiculous in my opinion, they pretty much rendered every +15 that's not level 90 obsolete with this update. And even +15 90s will have a hard time due to the new crit cap.
  • X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
    Vindictus Rep: 1,795
    I think the reason for such a large jump in damage from 90 to 95 is to make Purple weapons and gear relevant. Everyone knows BLUE is just for crafters to make 3* gear (so blue has a role), and orange is best (has role) but purple is kinda meh at the moment. Looking at 80 to 90 gear jump, a +10 80 weapon was basically superior to a +10 purple lvl 90 weapon UNLESS it was TOP TIER MAXED purple stats on pretty much all the shards. This seems kind of silly, as purple is supposed to be mid tier. before the Seal shop update, it was fairly pointless to get a purple weapon if you had a +10 80 weapon due to cost of paradise vs empowered stones, etc. With a sizeable jump like this, it means getting a purple +10 lvl 95 weapon might actually be worth it, even if you have an orange +10 lvl 90 weapon (not sure about this). If this is the case, then I believe the system is working as intended; get a purple weapon for set bonus and to have fun with new weapon, then slowly acquire an orange weapon over time. If you have an all ornage +15, you can pretty much skip getting a purple and wait for your all orange 95. I think this is fair, and makes getting those purple gear drops in raids worthwhile instead of just "didn't get an orange worthless raid +mad"
    Bladehawk
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    X1Guts1X
    X1Guts1X said:

a +10 80 weapon was basically superior to a +10 purple lvl 90 weapon UNLESS it was TOP TIER MAXED purple stats on pretty much all the shards.
    That was actually the developers original goal. They wanted the harder to get lv 80 mats to still have some worth over the easy to get lv 90 mats.
  • X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
    Well with the buff to purple mats coming in future patch (all purple mats will be +10, 4star, rank8) and this lvl 95 jump, it seems they are deciding to revise the role of purple shards. Could just be by accident though.
  • Dinko4TheWinDinko4TheWin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,400
    edited January 27, 2017
    whats the stats for level 85 armor?
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    ikevi wrote: »
    a +10 80 weapon was basically superior to a +10 purple lvl 90 weapon UNLESS it was TOP TIER MAXED purple stats on pretty much all the shards. <br />
    <br />
    That was actually the developers original goal. They wanted the harder to get lv 80 mats to still have some worth over the easy to get lv 90 mats.

That kind of became pointless when new players get free level 80 weapons now.

Purples being worthless are stupid because it would have been really easy to make it balanced.

All they had to do was make the replacement cost less, and make it cost less to upgrade from purple to OJ compared to blue to OJ. Purple instantly becomes more valuable than blue even with the seal shop mats. I think the NPC text for explaining about material composition says that its cheaper to upgrade than making a new item...this is blatantly false when you consider that replacing with a OJ shard is going to cost 15-20 of each mat on average...which is a lot harder to get than 90 seals. And you would be replacing both the armor primary and the solid shard at bare minimum.

Now, most people are simply not giving a about blue/purples because it is so much cheaper and easier to NPC craft via seals than try and get 3 star then upgrade it which requires an ungodly amount of mats. And the ones who do want 3 star gear obviously have friends who can help him expertise craft for free, so theres no reason for him to buy 3 stars from someone else...

The level 95 stat requirements are frankly retarded, its basically like the release of s2 again, i think the bosses had 13k DEF on release? Unless you have full scrolls on level 90 OJ gear, you basically wont be able to handle level 95 content. Dont even bother trying to do it with your 20k alts. The RR/Nifleheim stat changes are also dumb...their rewards havent increased at all, so its basically making it harder for people without maxed level 95 gear to do because devcat is lazy and can't think of a different way to do it. How are level 80s going to do nifleheim quests when the boss has 14k DEF? Level 80s can't even do it now without getting massively carried as they don't have access to the OJ level 90 gear required.

At bare minimum I hope RR stat buffs get increased, because 20k ATT/12.5k def wont be enough.

Not to mention that spending a boatload of money on maxing out material synthesis for level 90 gear now has just become useless.
  • ArixArix
    Vindictus Rep: 1,880
    So I guess I shouldn't even bother putting scrolls on my armor and focus on saving gold for this patch huh.
  • X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
    Compromise and do I what I did - scroll 3 light/cloth pieces as it will be a while until we get lvl 95 light/cloth (lvl95 will follow same release order Plate ->heavy->light->cloth)
    When lvl95 comes get 3 plate for set bonus.

• Dinko4TheWinDinko4TheWin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,400
    Can you maximize level 95 shards? (attack limiter removal)

If so what are the mats? The same?
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    Yes the 95 shards can be enhanced.
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    edited February 20, 2017
    Meanwhile nobody talks about transformation. There are more changes than these listed, such as some skills were modified. I would like to know details, but I can't find them anywhere. Most importantly: are all abilities maxable now and what happens to the auras?
  • TheDayInLoveTheDayInLove
    Vindictus Rep: 3,975
    You have to ask 탱크블레이드 about that, he is the only one playing in KR here :)
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    You have to ask 탱크블레이드 about that, he is the only one playing in KR here :)
    I actually did yesterday, or rather tonight. I haven't been told any details, but he said he's working on translation. This means that in addition to Transformation changes thread I just made, there will be more details once he finishes.
  • FlutterKaiFlutterKai
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    Do mysterious grade shard level 1 Still increase att limit of level 95 gear? And are godly mats still used to craft and change mats of level 95 gear?