[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Player Base is gone.

AarcaneAarcane
Vindictus Rep: 325
in General Discussion
errr, you know you have no more players left right??? there are no boats??? no one can host even solo anymore??? this can't be the first time you've heard this, can it ?????
Xiedaws360

Comments

• XieXie
    Vindictus Rep: 2,115
    It's Finals week unfortunately ... I've just finished mine two days ago. Maybe, give it another week and if the game is still dead, rip.
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    Finals week, work, responsibilities. we can't just play this game all the time when we have rent and bills to pay along with getting food on the table you know.

Plus, there are private boats that doesn't show up on the boat board, so there is that as well (I usually do it all the time because I don't like stow-a-ways afking on me.)

Honestly, I think the 90 weapons are way too powerful for their own good since many players are soloing runs and raids. It's become a total cake walk if you have enough practice in.

Also, there is prime time as well, which is usually around 6PM pacific if you're on west since most jobs orientate on a 9-5 schedule.

I never had any problem with finding boats other than Nilfheim, but come on, who even does that anymore?
    ArellaRothnatrazGhengisJohnfluffyninjaVoldaire
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    Aarcane
    Aarcane said:

errr, you know you have no more players left right??? there are no boats??? no one can host even solo anymore??? this can't be the first time you've heard this, can it ?????
    I'm still here on West...sort of...
    I also have an East character waiting AFK for FFA to come up in the megaphones so I can complete the stories.
  • MochiSweetMochiSweet
    Vindictus Rep: 3,050
    Order5
    Order5 said:

waiting AFK for FFA to come up in the megaphones so I can complete the stories.
    need good team on west so I can get carried and finish that damn quest has been there for 2 years -_-
    if pvp wasn't suck that bad.
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    MochiSweet

Order5
    Order5 said:

waiting AFK for FFA to come up in the megaphones so I can complete the stories.
    need good team on west so I can get carried and finish that damn quest has been there for 2 years -_-
    if pvp wasn't suck that bad.
    Talking about winning once in seige right? Doubt that will happen considering you got way too many try hards these days.
  • natraznatraz
    Vindictus Rep: 590
    yep its been dead for a long time dont let them fool you saying its school or jobs because thats bs this game is dead on west and has never gotten any better either every one went east or they just straight up quit or went to a private server for the fact there tired of the bs this game offers its a joke.
    daws360
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    natraz
    natraz said:

yep its been dead for a long time dont let them fool you saying its school or jobs because thats bs this game is dead on west and has never gotten any better either every one went east or they just straight up quit or went to a private server for the fact there tired of the bs this game offers its a joke.
    Irony is whales are keeping this game alive just like every other MMO with micro-transactions does. The day when all the whales quit is when this game will die.
    Xiedaws360
  • phlacidphlacid
    Vindictus Rep: 730
    This game has been dead for a while. Everyone I used to play with has stopped playing. This includes myself- everytime I log in for nostalgic purposes, i'm amazed that a few friends are still online and that they want to run things. Probably no more than ~100 people on all channels at once actively playing.
    daws360
  • SasoriTetsuSasoriTetsu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,670
    Pls! Quit IP Block Nexon and many of my friends return

Play for free???

Pillar Karok
    daws360
  • SuhpremeSuhpreme
    Vindictus Rep: 3,935
    nah bro this game is poppin
  • -CaPriCe--CaPriCe-
    Vindictus Rep: 620
    Sad part is, even these new updates don't hold a crowd longer than 1 week. Most people just got bored of the same old thing over and over. Most events are cash shop. The game has become a joke when you mention it on other MMO chats. The P2W is hardcore and gold buyers contributed to the horrible economy this game now have. I uninstalled a long while ago but still come around cuz nostalgia.
  • GhengisJohnGhengisJohn
    Vindictus Rep: 3,540
    edited December 16, 2016
    -CaPriCe-
    -CaPriCe- said:

Sad part is, even these new updates don't hold a crowd longer than 1 week. Most people just got bored of the same old thing over and over. Most events are cash shop. The game has become a joke when you mention it on other MMO chats. The P2W is hardcore and gold buyers contributed to the horrible economy this game now have. I uninstalled a long while ago but still come around cuz nostalgia.
    Caprice why do you even come back here man? The only thing you ever do on these boards is complain.

dazedgumballBloodAngelDokkunTarirodaws360PixelPantsu
  • TheDayInLoveTheDayInLove
    Vindictus Rep: 3,975
    I noticed so many ppl love to rain on other's parade. Why not just leave once and for all if you hate the game so much, and let ppl who enjoy the game play in peace?

Personally I complain a lot about Nexon management, but I try to keep my friends, guildies and even stranger play because I like the game. So, please, if you have nothing constructive to say and you don't even know about what happen in the game, don't talk like you know it all.
    XiekorachaismynameMochiSweetEmpiricistDelterosBloodAngelAbyssofthorTariroAqua22PixelPantsu
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    Aarcane
    Aarcane said:

What are you talking about? Im doing s3 raids in a party of 8 at midnight...
  • X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
    Vindictus Rep: 1,795
    You know the community is popping again when nexon servers start acting up and "relay server delay" and you can't even play. In other words, if community is dead you can play, if it's thriving you can't play. One must conclude community is dead by design.
  • QuinqueQuinque
    Vindictus Rep: 1,805
    The population doesn't bother me to be honest, it's been like this for a long time... You kinda have to deal with it by having a lower expectation. Majority of the contents are soloable and I haven't had problem with finding raid boats. I also host myself, it takes a while to fill up if you don't use mega but it helps if you play another game at the same time in window mode while waiting for the boat to fill or screen to load.
  • BloodAngelBloodAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,875
    I like having a small community cause it's more fun imo seeing the same people on boats you're not exactly friends with but you are acquaintances, "hey how's it hanging?" Y'know? Small and close is better than large with tons of drama and hate, or anonymity between people.
    DokkunAqua22
  • X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
    BloodAngel

I like having a small community cause it's more fun imo seeing the same people on boats you're not exactly friends with but you are acquaintances, "hey how's it hanging?" Y'know? Small and close is better than large with tons of drama and hate, or anonymity between people.
  • X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
    Interesting point, this is my first and only MMO I've stuck to playing semi-consistently, so I guess I never realized there could be a positive to a smaller community.
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    Here's a tip if you are finding it difficult to fill raid boats : Add more people to your friend list. You can also join/setup some kind of vindi group, could be via anything, a facebook group, a steam group, etc.

Dont sit on the boat hoping that randoms will walk by and join. Setup the party beforehand. All you need to do is message a few people in your friendlist/guild chat. You can even invite friends to your ingame chat room and they will stay in it even after they logout.

Get a party of like 6-8 people for s2/s3 raids, most of them will stay for the whole set so you wont have to spend time after every battle sitting on the boat waiting for people.