[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

AP Item Resurrection Requirement Changes

Comments

• JHLJHL
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    edited December 14, 2016
    Question2
    Question2 said:

I dont know how true this is, but I heard that in the KR server there is no limit to how many times you can resurrect something via AP.
    I would really, really enjoy this. Perhaps make it more expensive to restore after each restoration. It would give so much opportunity to numerous players to get their hands on +15 and not only to just paid players who buy golds or players that has huge amount of time to waste on this game (which I really don't). I mean currently for most people it's risk it all to obtain it or risk it all to give up everything. And we all know how many times people has rage quit.
  • ArishaLArishaL
    Vindictus Rep: 1,100
    korachaismyname

The main reason i could think of why they remove giving matts after "boom" is because of the "seal shop"

this are just my opinion

1. To encourage other players to keep doing raids.
    2. Over supply of rare matts on mp. if players keeps getting their rare matts after item destruction
    3. Rare matts value will go dert cheap. actually its very cheap right now it will go much less of a value if we still keep getting our matts back.
    4. since all matts are cheap its not really a big issue if we dont get our matts back.
    This is exactly the reason why we are no longer getting materials back after booming. With all the handouts this game is already giving out, its already killing the market as it is. OJ's are literally next to impossible to sell or you have to sell em dirt cheap. The only thing worth any sort of value now is dyes and mysterious shards and even those are having a tough time selling.
  • TamagoTamago
    Vindictus Rep: 5,460
    ArishaL
    ArishaL said:

korachaismyname

The main reason i could think of why they remove giving matts after "boom" is because of the "seal shop"

this are just my opinion

2. Over supply of rare matts on mp. if players keeps getting their rare matts after item destruction
    3. Rare matts value will go dert cheap. actually its very cheap right now it will go much less of a value if we still keep getting our matts back.
    4. since all matts are cheap its not really a big issue if we dont get our matts back.
    This is exactly the reason why we are no longer getting materials back after booming. With all the handouts this game is already giving out, its already killing the market as it is. OJ's are literally next to impossible to sell or you have to sell em dirt cheap. The only thing worth any sort of value now is dyes and mysterious shards and even those are having a tough time selling.
    Most items in general aren't selling very well because of how dead the game is.
    PixelPantsudaws360
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Mainichi said:

ArishaL
    ArishaL said:

korachaismyname

this are just my opinion

There's also the fact that new players just can't afford anything. Prices are high from the gold buying days, and new players coming in have no means of making gold unless they get lucky on drops, which means that most don't have the means of paying high prices for anything.
    daws360Nerita
  • korachaismynamekorachaismyname
    Vindictus Rep: 320
    edited December 15, 2016
    Prototypemind

Mainichi said:

ArishaL
    ArishaL said:

korachaismyname

this are just my opinion

There's also the fact that new players just can't afford anything. Prices are high from the gold buying days, and new players coming in have no means of making gold unless they get lucky on drops, which means that most don't have the means of paying high prices for anything.
    ""
    when it comes to the game
    Mainichi said:

ArishaL
    ArishaL said:

korachaismyname

this are just my opinion

""
    the game actually is not dead "yet" to think of it nexon or players like us should "advertise" the game. its been years i think since i saw an advertisement from nexon. this game is so beautiful to be shutdown "hope not". also the game needs more activities after raids
    like"
    gambling where players can play with each other using gold

actually i dont know im new to the game. but from what i see it lucks activities after doing all the raids.
  • sabersatensabersaten
    Vindictus Rep: 1,440
    edited December 15, 2016
    Question2
    Question2 said:

I dont know how true this is, but I heard that in the KR server there is no limit to how many times you can resurrect something via AP.
    Lemme correct you on this.

Incorrect: here is no limit to how many times you can resurrect something via AP
    Correct: there is no limit to how much AP you can have stored on your character, so it's possible to store 1 million AP and start boomfest from there.
    heroes.nexon.co.jp/community/screenshot_detail.aspx?no=4273&page=3&sort=1&flag=1&

JP player's attempt in +15 with 680000 AP to spend.
    heroes.nexon.co.jp/community/screenshot_detail.aspx?no=4253&page=3&sort=1&flag=1&

NA can't do that since we are capped at 50,000. It's a huge wall that no other servers get besides NA/EU.
    Don't tell me we can do the same w/ AP capsules. They could've simply remove our upper limit instead.
    KhloePrototypemindBloodAngelWilkoSylphideNerita
  • AphoticaiAphoticai
    Vindictus Rep: 1,185
    Does the AP Return list of items ever go away or have a limit?

I decided to start the road to making a higher than +11 weapon, and it dawned on me after two AP restores, that it is a waste to restore anything; it has even gotten to the point, that even a +10 item restore is rather pointless as well.

So, I am at the point that if something doesn't get to +12, before booming, I will not restore it. And even if I do restore a +12 to make it my main, I have to do two new scrolls, and dyes.

So, for the large amounts of AP, enchant runes, etc., the cost is prohibited.

Or the alternative is to just boom it again in the off change it may go up, but again, huge AP costs, that it seems pointless to ever restore anything short of a maxed out weapon (Synthesis) or a must have item.

I guess the point of all this is that the AP restore, for me, has become a storage place for demoralizing and depressing recollection of failure.

-smiles warmly-
    BloodAngel
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    sabersaten

Question2
    Question2 said:

Incorrect: here is no limit to how many times you can resurrect something via AP
    Correct: there is no limit to how much AP you can have stored on your character, so it's possible to store 1 million AP and start boomfest from there.
    heroes.nexon.co.jp/community/screenshot_detail.aspx?no=4273&page=3&sort=1&flag=1&

heroes.nexon.co.jp/community/screenshot_detail.aspx?no=4253&page=3&sort=1&flag=1&

NA can't do that since we are capped at 50,000. It's a huge wall that no other servers get besides NA/EU.
    Don't tell me we can do the same w/ AP capsules. They could've simply remove our upper limit instead.
    Once again Nexon 'Global' giving us the shaft. And they wonder why players simply leave.
    daws360Sylphide
  • CalvindicatorCalvindicator
    Vindictus Rep: 830
    It's really not even much of a question at this point to ask whether players are coming or going. Every time they make a large-scale character update the playerbase (or bot-base...) surges with the welcoming events. Then it just tanks in a month's time.
  • MetaMeta
    Vindictus Rep: 855
    Prototypemind

sabersaten

Question2
    Question2 said:

Once again Nexon 'Global' giving us the shaft. And they wonder why players simply leave.
    It's because they have a stamina system so to me I'd rather not have that. I don't feel shafted with that
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    Meta
    Meta said:

Prototypemind

sabersaten

Question2
    Question2 said:

It's because they have a stamina system so to me I'd rather not have that. I don't feel shafted with that
    KR servers have a fatigue system where you can no longer do runs if that runs to 0. To make up for that, they have an unlimited amount of AP to store up.

Main reason why there are no 2nd boom mats returning is because of the fact that the market can tank with the new seal shop update. If you bust your butt farming, you can get a weapon prime in as little as 3 days with doing Ein's battles (13 coupons), Abyss arena with vip (20 bravery seals minimally), and doing your daliy bouts (20 more seals). Per day, you can get minimally 50 seals, which is enough for a legend shard piece, or an armor primary piece with 10 seals left over, and if you save them up, you can get a weapon piece of your choice.

With that in mind, since the rare pieces are needed for mat synthesis, a player can boom a weapon with 2/5 shards being orange (as buying them from the seal shop is not tradable) and hoping that he gets both back in return and becoming tradable in the process, along with getting all the paradise stones required from 0-1X that was attempted with when it exploded, allowing the player to start the process over again, assuming that they did not fail the enhancing process at any point from 6-10.

To put this simply, to get from 0 - 10 without failing you need about 35 paradise stones and 5 elixirs. 10 to 15 without fail needs another 40 paradise stones and 15 elixirs, totaling to 75 stones and 20 elixirs, or 750 empowered stones, and 150 of each remnant if you want to go that route.

2, 2, 2, 3, 3, 4, 4, 5, 5, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 for each weapon + attempt. 1-3 is 100%, 4-5 is 75% 6-8 is 50% (resets back to 0 if it fails) 9-12 is 40% 13-15 is 33.333% sucess rate. If you fail attempting form 8-10+ and don't have a rune, then your weapon will blow up and will return 2/5 of the mats used to make your weapon, and returning all the stones on the first boom.

so if you fail at +12, then you will get 48 back out of the 56 you plan on investing into the weapon as it costs 8 stones to attempt from 12 to 13.
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    edited December 17, 2016
    AzelBhuiyan

The following content is simply one explanation out of many. The real reasoning for patch changes vary, however it is important to realize that updates are being made through collaborate effort and is not a decision made over night.

There were two main changes in the Abyssal Arena Update that affected enhancing.
    (1) Level requirement changed from 1 to 90 in order to restore an item.
    (2) Materials will no longer be returned when failing an enhancement on a item that was restored.

A perspective reasoning for both.
    (1) To discourage low level accounts from abusing item restoration.
    (2) Similar to "All or nothing" event which cleaned the server from inflated gold. This update aims to balance the quantity of level 90 orange shards with the inflated availability of orange shards.
    1. There is no way any low level character will have the AP required to item restore anything valuable in the first place, and even if they did, it would be stuck on that character. Unless someone really has nothing better to do, they always boom it on their main because they are trying to go for a +15.

2. The drop rates of orange shards havent changed at all, one month's worth of s3 dailies wont even give you an orange shard on average, let alone the super rare orange solid. The only reason they are more available now is due to the seal shop, which gives you a bound mat, which means you cant get your friends to help you craft or sell it. No mats returned on the second boom simply makes it harder for people to get a +15 because they have to use more seals.

The first change makes no sense, the second doesnt really make sense because the main obstacle to enhacning weapons has always been the massive amount of stones/elixirs you need and the number of runes you have to use. Unless you are willing to spend a very large amount of money on runes, your chance of getting a +13 let alone a +15 is neglible. The amount of mats you need to get a weapon to +8 on average in the first place without any runes is astronomical.
  • Question2Question2
    ArishaL
    ArishaL said:

korachaismyname

this are just my opinion

The "handouts" as you call it are absolutely necessary to keep new players playing. If it is too hard to get end game gear, new players will simply give up and quit. We have seen this happen many times, starting with how rare dragon mats used to be and the ridiculous prices of s2 level 80 gear. We at a point where getting level 90 orange gear is easy, but it is not easy to get them to max stats. This gives new players an incentive to keep playing since they can get level 90 gear for end game content and veterans a reason to keep playing too.

Even then, I have seen many veterans simply refuse to do s3 dailies because the drop rates for godly ore (Especially in a party) and other mats needed for material synthesis are low and they cannot be bothered. It is the same reason why many people used to (and still) refused to do s2 dailies, since they wont get anything of value anyway.

With level 90 mats easily accessible in the seal shop, the market has adjusted prices based on the cost of seals. The only thing wrong with this is that the drop rates of the mats have not increased to account for their seal shop prices, there is no reason for orange solids to be a super rare drop when they are worth only 50 seals now.

Devcat also really needs to make enchant scrolls purchasable with seals, otherwise you have a broken system where people who need enchants cant buy them because they are way too expensive, and they cant get enough gold unless they luck out on enchant scrolls or farm something like godly ore. So you have a economy where certain things are stupidly expensive but it becomes a RNG game to get anything worth of value selling.
  • Question2Question2
    Meta
    Meta said:

Prototypemind

sabersaten

Question2
    Question2 said:

I dont see what a stamina system has to do with a 50k ap cap...
    daws360
  • MetaMeta
    Vindictus Rep: 855
    edited December 18, 2016
    Question2
    Question2 said:

Meta
    Meta said:

Prototypemind

sabersaten

Question2
    Question2 said:

I dont see what a stamina system has to do with a 50k ap cap...
    Are you serious? Lol. We can keep running for AP, they can't, that's why we got capped. Sounds like you rather have the fatigue system which no one here likes
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    edited December 18, 2016
    L90 enhancing or crafting is far easier than it's ever been before. There isn't even a point in reviving it unless it's your primary weapon. Once you have a primary weapon, all it really takes is 150 seals to make another - you don't need to worry about the other oranges until after you get your precious +15. Additionally, there are so many ways to get around the 20 seals a day limit like Abyssal Arena, Ein Lacher, PVP Arena... so you can even craft a level 90 weapon in less than a week! If you manage to get the primary back after the first boom, then you don't even need any additional seals, just buy some blue shards, re-craft, and boom again! Farming paradise stones does take time, but while you are farming for these, you are also farming for replacement and upgrade mats at the same time, so it really isn't that much more work.

Supposedly there will be changes to add more story-awarded gear and an easy mode for S3, but until then it'll be the new people progressing to level 90 that suffer from this poorly-timed AP restoration change.
    Question2
    Question2 said:

With level 90 mats easily accessible in the seal shop, the market has adjusted prices based on the cost of seals. The only thing wrong with this is that the drop rates of the mats have not increased to account for their seal shop prices, there is no reason for orange solids to be a super rare drop when they are worth only 50 seals now.
    On this point, I sort of agree because rare drops have pleasantly shifted from being a necessity to a convenience, but the feeling of "rare" is numb to people who don't see it as being valuable at the same time. One way to make these drops meaningful again would be to maximize the stat rolls on these.
  • SylariusSylarius
    Vindictus Rep: 1,010
    Question2
    Question2 said:

The "handouts" as you call it are absolutely necessary to keep new players playing. If it is too hard to get end game gear, new players will simply give up and quit. We have seen this happen many times, starting with how rare dragon mats used to be and the ridiculous prices of s2 level 80 gear. We at a point where getting level 90 orange gear is easy, but it is not easy to get them to max stats. This gives new players an incentive to keep playing since they can get level 90 gear for end game content and veterans a reason to keep playing too.

Even then, I have seen many veterans simply refuse to do s3 dailies because the drop rates for godly ore (Especially in a party) and other mats needed for material synthesis are low and they cannot be bothered. It is the same reason why many people used to (and still) refused to do s2 dailies, since they wont get anything of value anyway.

Devcat also really needs to make enchant scrolls purchasable with seals, otherwise you have a broken system where people who need enchants cant buy them because they are way too expensive, and they cant get enough gold unless they luck out on enchant scrolls or farm something like godly ore. So you have a economy where certain things are stupidly expensive but it becomes a RNG game to get anything worth of value selling.
    yeah agreed, enhance runes and enchant runes are in a terrible state right now. Especially enhance runes, good luck enhancing to +8 or +10 without them, it takes 186 stones on average to +8 something... if either or both could be purchased with seals of bravery that would be a good change IMO. It is impossible to get past +10 without buying a ton of enhance runes. And 40% success 40% chance to boom if fail scrolls are terrible design as well in my opinion.

Idk, trying to play catchup nowadays sucks/is impossible when everyone is running around with +15s and fully enchanted gear having used multiple exquisite enchant runes from past events, or mass buying NX items. Weapons should be made more accessible or enhancing shouldn't be such a brick wall.
  • SleiyerSleiyer
    Vindictus Rep: 1,010
    So the gist of it is, enhance, fail, lose your hard work. Or, spend AP, which also has to be worked hard for, or, spend money.

You're already at a low player base compared to launch-first year. All you're doing is giving players a more valid reason to leave the game. I don't mind spending time to work towards endgame, but when I get there, I shouldn't be forced to work 2-3 times as hard as someone who blows money to stay that way, or get that way to begin with.

On another note, does the "team" consider that players really work hard for their stuff when they don't spend $$ for it?

I don't know much, but to me it seems that you're purposefully driving your playerbase out to either dislike the game, or company that runs it.
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    Vindictus Rep: 2,915
    Sylarius
    Sylarius said:

yeah agreed, enhance runes and enchant runes are in a terrible state right now. Especially enhance runes, good luck enhancing to +8 or +10 without them, it takes 186 stones on average to +8 something... if either or both could be purchased with seals of bravery that would be a good change IMO. It is impossible to get past +10 without buying a ton of enhance runes. And 40% success 40% chance to boom if fail scrolls are terrible design as well in my opinion.

Idk, trying to play catchup nowadays sucks/is impossible when everyone is running around with +15s and fully enchanted gear having used multiple exquisite enchant runes from past events, or mass buying NX items. Weapons should be made more accessible or enhancing shouldn't be such a brick wall.
    Sleiyer
    Sleiyer said:

So the gist of it is, enhance, fail, lose your hard work. Or, spend AP, which also has to be worked hard for, or, spend money.

You're already at a low player base compared to launch-first year. All you're doing is giving players a more valid reason to leave the game. I don't mind spending time to work towards endgame, but when I get there, I shouldn't be forced to work 2-3 times as hard as someone who blows money to stay that way, or get that way to begin with.

On another note, does the "team" consider that players really work hard for their stuff when they don't spend $$ for it?

I don't know much, but to me it seems that you're purposefully driving your playerbase out to either dislike the game, or company that runs it.
    it's not nearly as bad as you claim
    Nevander
  • NevanderNevander
    Vindictus Rep: 400
    Maybe you should put +10 to +15 runes in the supply depot like they have in China and let us decide to purchase them or not .