[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Lucky Boxes need to stop.

EbonwingsEbonwings
Vindictus Rep: 1,790
in General Discussion
Seriously, tossing these outfitters into "Lucky Boxes" has GOT TO STOP.

Want a good way to make some money? MAKE THEM DIRECT PURCHASE!

Placing them in "GOTCHA" boxes is only going to deter your already dwindling player base from buying them, ESPECIALLY since we JUST had a Lucky Box event not even a month ago.
DelterosKhloePixelPantsuVivietevinterMochiSweetTheAlphaCatAngelHallyNovuand 16 others.

Comments

• DelterosDelteros
    Vindictus Rep: 2,855
    edited December 14, 2016
    Agreed. The Deluxe Black Friday Lucky Boxes were already a mess and there still hasn't been an official response from Nexon regarding that.

No offense, but the quality of these outfits is simply not high enough to justify being in a gachapon. These belong in the outfitter shop and the pets belong in the supply depot.
    daws360
  • DealerDealer
    Vindictus Rep: 2,815
    I don't know how to feel, since I expected all of these items to be part of a gachapon, based on how they were released in other servers.
    But at the same time, it does feel too soon after the BFB.
    ArellaRoth
  • ScarrletttScarrlettt
    Vindictus Rep: 2,300
    Boycott and stop buying gatcha. Maybe then they will listen to the hard cold numbers. People love to gamble and Im sure nexon sees the rather large revenue they generate solely from gatcha boxes. If you guys stop buying so many of them, they will see it isnt what we want, even if we already voiced our opinions strongly on forums and probably through tickets.
    BloodAngelFlufffyParrotdaws360ArellaRothQuinque
  • MiracleMiracle
    Vindictus Rep: 1,580
    as long as it is less than 2 dollars usd per box i am ok with this. c:
    DokkunTheAlphaShizukaaArellaRothBLUESTEEL
  • NytsuyaNytsuya
    Vindictus Rep: 2,710
    Don't really have a problem with gachapons every once in a while but geez... let our wallets recover before you start milking us yet again!
    BLUESTEEL
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    "As long as it less than $2 USD per box . . . "

Yeah, I'm afraid that will not happen. Expect these "Lucky Boxes" to be anywhere from $4 to $5.

A Gachapon that I will NOT be buying. There isn't anything noteworthy/special about the rewards in those Lucky Boxes. Personally, the outfits should have been direct purchases in the Avatar Shop and the Pets in the Supply Depot. They're just pets with an outfit on. Please, do us a favor and get rid of Unbind Pots, Merc Pots, GG, GG (P), Blessings, and Durability Pots from these boxes. Why? Because why would anyone spend $4 or $5 per box to get that? It's fine in Vindicator Boxes because it is $1 per box, but when it is in boxes that are $4 or $5, that is NOT acceptable.

On the topic of Vindicator Boxes, why was the 30 box option removed? It is just 1 or 10 boxes now and I'm not going to spend $3 - $4 more on 30 boxes.
    Rhyunadaws360Quinque
  • SuhpremeSuhpreme
    Vindictus Rep: 3,935
    o sht fam u already made a thread about these whack ass 'LUCKY BOXES' my ass,
  • DokkunDokkun
    Vindictus Rep: 1,500
    QueenOfMana

"As long as it less than $2 USD per box . . . "

Yeah, I'm afraid that will not happen. Expect these "Lucky Boxes" to be anywhere from $4 to $5.
    idk new gachas are usually all 1900 nx arent they anyway? its just repeat "cram all the tempting outfitter things in one box" gachas that are usually more- well I guess just ones with iset outfitter in it.

Anyway, the only way limited outfits will be direct purchase is if nexon can assure the sales will be high and its a hot item many people will definitely pay over $75-200+ for cause thats around how much I think outfitters, that you can trade in tokens for, cost. >_> just personally my idea of how it works.
  • dazedgumballdazedgumball
    Vindictus Rep: 7,725
    Could you at LEAST follow what CN has? Every single one of their outfitters are direct purchase!
    PixelPantsudaws360ArellaRothQuinque
  • KursKurs
    Vindictus Rep: 2,320
    Miracle
    Miracle said:

as long as it is less than 2 dollars usd per box i am ok with this. c:
    MIRACLE MIRACLE MIRACLE I MISSED YOU
  • DealerDealer
    Vindictus Rep: 2,815
    edited December 14, 2016
    dazedgumball

Could you at LEAST follow what CN has? Every single one of their outfitters are direct purchase!
    Actually I've found a lot of gachas in that server. Pretty much every release is in some gacha box at 5 bucks a box, but only outfitter parts in the boxes- i.e. 5 bucks can land you a shoe. But the quality is random and then you have to risk them in their avatar synthesis so you can get B rank which is like our stats and A and S rank which is better than our stats, but only certain super rare outfitters can become S ranked.
    Outfitters that are not super rare like the grand prize in our gachas seems to be direct sale at C rank which I believe have lower stats than our non limited sets, but then again it's been a while since I looked at those systems. Plus I could be mixing it up with Jp who has a similar system but they max out at our stats.
    ArellaRoth
  • SanuienSanuien
    Vindictus Rep: 2,720
    they dont look appealing to me....(the outfitters that is)
    daws360Voldaire
  • BowtacojrBowtacojr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,545
    Ebonwings
    Ebonwings said:

Seriously, tossing these outfitters into "Lucky Boxes" has GOT TO STOP.

Want a good way to make some money? MAKE THEM DIRECT PURCHASE!

Placing them in "GOTCHA" boxes is only going to deter your already dwindling player base from buying them, ESPECIALLY since we JUST had a Lucky Box event not even a month ago.
    It entices the whales to spend heavily trying to get all their semi exclusive outfitters though, which is their true goal. The real question is whether these outfits can be listed on the MP so that I don't have to pay anything.
    Scarrlettt

Boycott and stop buying gatcha. Maybe then they will listen to the hard cold numbers. People love to gamble and Im sure nexon sees the rather large revenue they generate solely from gatcha boxes. If you guys stop buying so many of them, they will see it isnt what we want, even if we already voiced our opinions strongly on forums and probably through tickets.
    Ha, good luck getting people to boycott this, these events aren't aimed at you or anyone who would make rational decisions. It's whales and whales alone who will make this event a success just like all the other ones.

• QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    I am a whale myself (spent $11, 000 over the 5 yrs), but even I wouldn't spend NX on these Lucky Boxes. It isn't "lucky" if I'm spending $4 - 5 per box and am getting unbind pots, merc pots, ggs, and dura pots. The rewards are sub-par at best and the pets are just pets re-skinned with an outfit on them.
    ArishaLDelterosPixelPantsudaws360SumanituArellaRothQuinque
  • ArishaLArishaL
    Vindictus Rep: 1,100
    edited December 14, 2016
    QueenOfMana

I am a whale myself (spent $11, 000 over the 5 yrs), but even I wouldn't spend NX on these Lucky Boxes. It isn't "lucky" if I'm spending $4 - 5 per box and am getting unbind pots, merc pots, ggs, and dura pots. The rewards are sub-par at best and the pets are just pets re-skinned with an outfit on them.
    At 5$ a box I agree that the boxes should have a better drop table or some sort of guarantee after a certain amount was spent. Getting goddess graces from a 5 dollar box is just insulting if you ask me.
    daws360Sumanitu
  • BowtacojrBowtacojr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,545
    QueenOfMana

spent $11, 000 over the 5 yrs)
    My god.
    daws360Voldaire
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Every time these gotcha boxes pop up we get people calling for boycotting if they aren't really wanted--myself included--and every time we end up with "post what you got" threads once they drop. It's pretty sad how many people continue to play the RNG game with Nexon. I don't see the fun in throwing your money at pixels when you time and time again likely won't get what you want. Worse still were the Violet Witch and Black Friday boxes where most of the items couldn't be traded and it was possible to get outfitters for either sex when you might not have a character capable of even using them on your account.

Maybe this time will be different.
  • EnigmaTaroEnigmaTaro
    Vindictus Rep: 3,815
    Decided to adore other people's characters instead of dressing mine up.
    Hard to keep up with the vanity, and the fact they keep coming back via black friday sale don't make them unique anymore.

I feel like people just want to put on expensive stuff on their characters without actually doing mix and match.

E.G. : people wearing both phoenix wings and fox tail. Seriously, what are you supposed to be? a bird? a wolf, or a griffin?
    KiruaArellaRoth
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    For prices like that I can buy ACTUAL clothes and materials that I can make myself rather than wasting my time and money gambling it away.

Honestly, the way these gatchas are coming one after the other, this game is practically becoming the next waifu simulator.

Meanwhile at NEXON KR HQ: image
    daws360
  • BreadmanBreadman
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    Welp. More "lucky" boxes that I'll never buy anything of.
    -60 USD from me.

Too bad it gets overshadowed by +74623865387412312 USD from whales.