[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Character Friendship Guide (Mercenary Lounge)

YagaminYagamin
Vindictus Rep: 3,580
edited August 25, 2020 in Battle Quests and Guides
The basics of it can be found in the update notes: http://vindictus.nexon.net/news/54486/character-friendship-system

I'l cover anything that isn't mentioned there.

eJnx8gy.png

It is located above the Mercenary Outpost in Colhen.
dzTmtzv.png

Captain Crimson is the dog at the Gift Shop/Mission board in the Lounge.

All 4 Missions count as "battles at your level" for events. They also cost 0 Fatigue each. So if you need to kill Normal Monsters without wasting Fatigue, this is where to do them.
Area 1 Colhen Night Patrol Mission has a little over 50 Normal Monsters guaranteed.

Closeness

Everyone has the same daily limit for increasing Closeness.
A favorite gift will increase Closeness more than a normal gift. The comment they give with receiving it will be different too.
A mission clear will increase Closeness more than a mission fail, both still increases Closeness.
Chitchat has a cap of its own, but it also can't pass the daily limit.

At the moment, increasing Closeness is only good for unlocking more dialogue and titles. So it is quite useless if you don't care for them.

There are currently 22 Titles to be obtained. (10 runs of each of the 4 missions for 4 titles, then reaching level 2 for all characters for 18 more titles)
In a future update, another 18 more Titles will be added for a total of 40 Titles.
15 for reaching level 3 with each character, and 3 more titles for having 5/10/15 Level 3 Allies.
(You will need a different alt to level up your main's character, then go back to your main to collect the title)

Click "Ally Friendships" in the top left corner of the screen while in the Lounge to see the Achievement Rewards.
As well as some achievements which give Friendship Seals (Give 50 gifts to each merc).
The progress towards completing these achievements are account shared, so if you want to complete the battle ones for free in 1 day, you can use different characters, then go to the one you want it on and collect.
All prizes to the achievements can only be claimed once per account. The titles are "ID Titles".

There's really no need to summon a merc, as you can cap the seals even if you fail all 5 missions each day.
It is only there so you can increase the Closeness of the mercs that aren't there.

Hold ctrl the entire time while clicking on chitchat to speed things up.

Most have seen these lists: 1 and 2
EDIT: add Lethor with Under the Cherry Tree
But since you can only buy the items and they cost the same, you can simplify it to just 6 items in your inventory to save inventory space if you buy in bulk for some reason.
ATCjdyc.png

The cheapest way to max Closeness for the day is:
Mission Cleared
10 Chitchat
7-8 Fav gifts (Stopping at 7 gives 550/555 Closeness)
or
Mission Failed
10 Chitchat
9-10 Fav gifts (Stopping at 9 gives 540/555 Closeness)

Note that there seems to be a (possibly) random chance for everyone to suddenly be uncomfortable if you talk to them near the end of the day. You can stop gifting if that does happen.

Closeness indicator text:

Daily limit:

When you have not reached the limit: "You feel like you grew closer to [Merc]."
When you reached Chitchat limit: "There seems to be no change to the relationship between you and [Merc]."
When you reach the Daily limit: "[Merc] seems to have started feeling uncomfortable around you." (Doing more after it will not increase/decrease closeness.)

Overall closeness:

You still feel quite distant from [Merc]. (Initially)
It seems like you're beginning to get used to [Merc].
It seems like you're grown familiar with [Merc] now.
You feel like you've grown quite close to [Merc] now.
You feel very close with [Merc].

You feel like you've grown more familiar with [Merc].
You feel like you've become well-acquainted with [Merc].

Haven't talked for a long time:
You feel like you've become more distant from [Merc].
You feel rather awkward now, as you haven't visited [Merc] in quite a while.

Closeness values:

1 Normal gift: 20 (increased to 30 at a later update)
1 Fav gift: 30 (increased to 60 at a later update)
1 Chitchat: 20 (Max 200 per day) (at a later update, max number of chitchats is reduced from 10 to 4, but each chitchat gives 50 points, giving the same 200 total)
1 # topic to that specific character: 20 (but has a chance to already be capped from the start of the day)
1 Mission cleared: 140 (increased to 300 at a later update)
1 Mission failed: 70 (increased to 150? at a later update)
Daily limit: 555 (increased to 700 at a later update)
Closeness required for each level: 10000

If you talk with a character's own # that was unlocked, there is a chance to get 20 Closeness or it just nothing. Seems random. The dialogue to unlock the topic has the same trigger.

Ally Friendships -> Closeness Status -> mouse over a merc will show "Current Closeness: <level>". This corresponds to the level.
Level 1: Acquaintance
Level 2: Ally
Level 3: Close Ally

Missions

1. Colhen Night Patrol Mission (Defend the walls 2min of mobs and a boss at the end)
2. Infiltration and Recon Mission (Gather items, or Kill boss boss 1 room)
3. Basic Supply Mission (Enhance game, or Kill boss boss 2 room)
4. Town Support Mission (Save sheep, or Kill boss boss 1 room)

Clears give 2 seals, fails give 1 seal. The moment you die, you fail, no revives allowed.
The fastest way to cap seals (5 seals) is to clear either modes in Mission 4.
The fastest lazy way to cap seals (5 seals) is to go into 2 or 4, then forfeit if it's not the kill boss version. Type /leave in chat instead of waiting for the forfeit button to load.

If you want to clear them for the title:

1. Ends when boss dies, don't bother with catapult due to limited rounds. Flinch/Kill mobs to protect the walls, high range characters such as Miri have an advantage in this.

2. Tell NPC to follow you to a chest, tell them to stand then gather items while you flinch all the mobs (can kill too, but flinch each is enough). Don't run too far ahead, make sure the NPC is following you, if you are too far away the NPC can't hear your commands.

3. There is no time limit, you can take as long as you want. I usually alt-tab out and let the npc do their thing, then come back and score just enough to win.
Hover mouse over the ? to see the enhance-to-points rate.
fGD4z79.png
+5 can still fail even if you hit the blue area, so if you can win with all +4, go for it. But if you calculate that you need more points, get the minimum number of 5s. If you still need more, good luck, you'll likely lose.
Since it is luck based, this can happen.
JfbNwKJ.png

Enhance level - Chance to work - Chance to work if you hit the blue area
+1 - 80% - 100%
+2 - 75% - 100%
+3 - 70% - 100%
+4 - 65% - 95%
+5 - 60% - 90%
+6 - 50% - 80%
+7 - 40% - 70%
+8 - 30% - 60%
+9 - 20% - 50%
+10 - 10% - 40%

4. Tell NPC to save the sheep while you flinch/kill mobs. If 5 sheep die, it ends with a fail.
The first sheep is close, you can pick it up and tell the NPC to pick up a second before the mobs come, securing sheeps 1 and 2.
You need to tell the NPC to pick up another sheep again each time they save a sheep.
I usually just flinch the mobs, pick up another sheep while they are flinched and bring it back at the same time as the NPC, securing sheeps 3 and 4.
Then just let the NPC get the last sheep while you flinch the mobs.

If you have Greater Werewolf Paw, you can use it at the start and grab 3 sheep (while the NPC grabs 2) and finish just as the effect of Paw ends.

Mobs currently respawn as soon as they die, which is why there isn't too much of a difference between just flinching or killing.
In a future update, there will be a delay before respawn.

Topics that can be unlocked

Note: #Coffer Chaser being unlocked in the initial meeting instead of #Vella is correct. You will see after reading the dialogue.
Lynn (2) and Lann's # does not unlock after additional dialogue.
Kai and Vella have one too.

All characters will have 9 unlockable topics, except for the aforementioned Lynn with 7 and Lann with 8. But you can't unlock your own character's #s on the same character, so:
Lann can unlock 124
Lynn can unlock 125
Everyone else can unlock 123

KR has another 9 for Lethor.

Topics are unlocked when enough Closeness is reached.
Note: non-bold #s are translated from Korean and may not be accurate or could be changed when localized.

Automatically obtained while talking to Lann:
#Lann
#Training
#Objectives
#War
#Gladiator Match
#Slave
#Chance
#Past

Automatically obtained while talking to Fiona:
#Fiona
#Missions
#Wilderness
#Reputation
#Shield
#Shadows
#Chat
#Shell
#Efforts

Automatically obtained while talking to Evie:
#Evie
#Lute
#True Healing
#Social Status
#Father
#Worry
#Responsibility
* continued with no topic
#Sacrifice
#Company

Automatically obtained while talking to Karok:
#Karok
#Language (Language with Eira)
#Giants
#Pillar
#Fellow
#Gold
#Tree
#Habitat
#Threat

Automatically obtained while talking to Kai:
#Kai
#Reticence
#Broken Arrow
#Insomnia
#Sellsword
#Lonely Rookie
#Life
#Distrust
#Woman

Automatically obtained while talking to Vella:
#Coffer Chaser
#Vella
#Ambidexternity
#Treasure
#Scam
#Vampire
#Nightmare
* #Trust and # Escape are unlocked together.

Automatically obtained while talking to Hurk:
#Hurk
#The Greatsword Master
#Fist
#Hot Headed
#Nickname
#Mistake
#The East
#Foreigner
#Family

Automatically obtained while talking to Lynn:
#Lynn
#Swift Assassin
#The Lost Kingdom
#Studies
#Song
#Wish
#Ruler
#King - Lynn is the proud princess of the lost kingdom and the rightful heir to its throne.

CONTINUED IN POST BELOW

SirRFIReturner9ElynsaStrangerinaVladinoJathyVeneratorOKAMlMultimedveBabyDani

Comments

• Returner9Returner9
    Vindictus Rep: 1,025
    Thank you I was looking for this.

I would also like to add, as I read on inven forums that Koreans used to do it until Devcat patched it in season 4 test server - in mission 2 you can send the ally to pick up the loot before the monsters spawn.
    LoLoBooty
  • YagaminYagamin
    edited July 23, 2020
    Automatically obtained while talking to Arisha:
    #Arisha
    #Focus (Focus with Eira)
    #Orphans (Orphans with Eira)
    #Woof Woof (Woof Woof with Eira)
    #Mystery
    #Checkmate
    #Book
    #Record
    no #

Automatically obtained while talking to Sylas:
    #Sylas
    #Ally
    #Outpost
    #Genius
    #Necklace
    #Nap
    #Regrets
    #Phantom
    #Kerr

Automatically obtained while talking to Delia:
    #Delia
    #Dream
    #Courage
    #Inner Voice
    #Warrior
    #Teatime
    #Greatsword
    #Armor
    #Flower

Automatically obtained while talking to Miri:
    #Miri
    #Dragonspine
    #Flower Pot
    #Future
    #Priestess
    #Bread
    #Secrets
    #Delusion
    #Failure

Automatically obtained while talking to Grimden:
    #Grimden
    #Patience
    #Being Human
    #Pushover
    #Meditation
    #Carving
    #Goddess
    #Sin
    #Assassin

Automatically obtained while talking to Eira:
    #Eira
    #Talent
    #Void Witch
    #Doll
    #Weak Fall To the Strong
    #Meow
    #Portal
    #Hairstyle
    #Witch
    #Talent - There's talent that one is born with and talent that one gains through study and hard work. Eira, who prides herself on her strength, possess both.

Automatically obtained while talking to Belle:
    #Belle
    #Child
    #Snack
    #Elf
    #Pontiff's Court
    #Rumors
    #Meaning
    #Memorial Rite
    #Air

Automatically obtained while talking to Lethor:
    #Lethor
    #우울 - Melancholy - A mood or feeling. People who are depressed often fall into endless trouble, emptiness and pessimism.
    #고양이 - Cat - A small and great animal that turns a human into a steward. A doctor once said this. 'There are two ways to escape a miserable life; with music or a cat.'
    #영기 - Reiki - Natural energy that is invisible but flows all over the world. Mana is another concept power.
    #정답 - Correct answer - Numerous questions facing life. Since there is no correct answer, people are always pondering and worried to find the answer. And in the process, they grow little by little.
    #방관 - Bystander - The act of just watching and not taking initiative. Lethor is always on the sidelines of a critical situation.
    #추억 - Memories - Past events, moments, or emotions that have passed. Memories are layered, making them the most comfortable refuge a human can have.
    #새벽의 종 - Bell of Dawn - A secret clan following the god of the earth, 'Araun'. According to the creed of 'following the correct cycle of life', the spirits that have remained in the world for hundreds of years have been recalled.
    #생명의 순환 - Circulation of Life - The act of life blooming according to the providence of nature. The correct cycle of life means the correct cycle of spirituality.

Appendix

Note: These are going to change soon.

Fav gift only
    18 (19 is uncomfortable)

Normal gift only
    27 (28 is uncomfortable)

Chitchat
    10 (11 is no change)
    Fav gift
    11 (12 is uncomfortable)

Chitchat
    10 (11 is no change)
    Normal gift
    17 (18 is uncomfortable)

Mission Cleared
    Chitchat
    10 (11 is no change)
    Fav gift
    7 (8 is uncomfortable)

Mission Cleared
    Chitchat
    10 (11 is no change)
    Normal gift
    10 (11 is uncomfortable)

Mission Failed
    Chitchat
    10 (11 is no change)
    Fav gift
    9 (10 is uncomfortable)

Mission Cleared
    Fav gift
    13 (14 is uncomfortable)

Mission Failed
    Fav gift
    16 (17 is uncomfortable)

Mission Cleared
    Normal gift
    20 (21 is uncomfortable)

Mission Cleared
    Fav gift
    Chitchat
    8 (9 is uncomfortable)

Mission Cleared
    Fav gift
    Chitchat
    7 (8 is uncomfortable)

Mission Cleared
    Fav gift
    Chitchat
    5 (6 is uncomfortable)

Mission Cleared
    Fav gift
    Chitchat
    4 (5 is uncomfortable)

Mission Cleared
    Fav gift
    Chitchat
    2 (3 is uncomfortable)

Mission Cleared
    Fav gift
    Chitchat
    1 (2 is uncomfortable)

Mission Failed
    Chitchat
    10 (11 is no change)
    Normal gift
    14 (15 is uncomfortable)

Fav gift
    Chitchat
    2 (3 is uncomfortable)

Mission Failed
    Fav gift
    Chitchat
    Normal gift
    0 (1 is uncomfortable)

Mission Failed
    Fav gift
    Chitchat
    9 (10 is uncomfortable)

Mission Failed
    Fav gift
    Chitchat
    7 (8 is uncomfortable)

Mission Failed
    Fav gift
    Chitchat
    6 (7 is uncomfortable)

Mission Failed
    Fav gift
    Chitchat
    4 (5 is uncomfortable)

• Returner9Returner9
    I also found this guide to the sheep mission (which I personally cannot for the life of me recreate). The trick is to cancel the sheep placing of the ally with Ctrl+D.

Vladino
  • YagaminYagamin
    Returner9 wrote: »
    I also found this guide to the sheep mission (which I personally cannot for the life of me recreate). The trick is to cancel the sheep placing of the ally with Ctrl+D.

Works fine when I tried it. You can tell the NPC to drop the sheep 1 step early and it also instantly drops the sheep without the animation. Just saves a couple seconds.

• Returner9Returner9
    No, I mean the pattern. He does the mission in a specific pattern\order where he sends the ally to pick up sheep from one side while he picks up sheep from the other side and does so simultaneously, ending the mission in 40 seconds. I tried it again today and only succeeded 1 time out of 5 in doing it in 40 seconds. The other 4 times I tried, something went wrong - either I was attacked or the ally was attacked and dropped the sheep mid-way. Also sometimes the ally will ignore my commands and I have to press the command 2-3 times.

This is the link to the original thread: http://www.inven.co.kr/board/heroes/2028/38332

You can see that he numbers the sheep and explains the pattern and order at which you and the ally should pick them up.
    i15210256981.jpg

My average so far is a minute, but I really want to get to the point where I do it in 40 seconds like him. It would save me a lot of time.
  • YagaminYagamin
    edited December 16, 2019
    Just depends on what the mobs decide to do, so RNG?

Once my ally decided to go left for the first sheep, idk why they did that.

I usually finish it in about the same time, just need to flinch the mobs with a chainswing on my second round of getting the sheep.

It's just completing it 1 trip faster, it's still fastest mission either way.
  • Returner9Returner9
    Yagamin wrote: »
    At the moment, increasing Closeness is only good for unlocking more dialogue. So it is quite useless if you don't care for them.

In future updates it's going to be 18 titles for level 2 and another 18 titles for level 3. So if you care about titles, increasing closeness is a good way of obtaining 36 titles.
    Yagamin wrote: »
    Note that there seems to be a (possibly) random chance for everyone to suddenly be uncomfortable (even if you haven't talked to them yet that day). You can stop gifting if that does happen.
    More info about this will be edited in if there is any later.

This has happened to me twice now. Both had a pattern.

I usually talk to the allies in the evening when I come back from work. The two times it happened were when I didn't have time in the evening and decided "I'll talk to them tomorrow morning". By tomorrow's morning they already "felt uncomfortable". All of them. So my theory is either:

a) The allies get used to when you talk to them, and if you don't talk to them for more than 24 hours, they'll start feeling uncomfortable with you

or

b) Irregardless of when you usually talk to them, nearing server reset, they get uncomfortable if you didn't talk to them that day.

It doesn't really matter which one it is, because the solution seems to be to talk to them as soon as possible and then you can come back and give them gifts and finish the missions whenever you like throughout the day. I think that talking once with each ally is enough to stop that "uncomfortableness bug" from happening.
  • YomaYoma
    Vindictus Rep: 580
    More unlockable Topics:
    #Gaints (Karok)
    #True Healing (Evie)
    #Broken Arrow (Kai)
    #Void Witch (Eira)
    #Ambidexternity (Vella)
    #Snack (Belle)
    #Outpost (Sylas)

PS: Delia got pretty buff.
    UvzkDXT.jpg
  • YagaminYagamin
    edited January 2, 2020
    Yoma wrote: »
    This has happened to me twice now. Both had a pattern.

I usually talk to the allies in the evening when I come back from work. The two times it happened were when I didn't have time in the evening and decided "I'll talk to them tomorrow morning". By tomorrow's morning they already "felt uncomfortable". All of them. So my theory is either:

a) The allies get used to when you talk to them, and if you don't talk to them for more than 24 hours, they'll start feeling uncomfortable with you

or

b) Irregardless of when you usually talk to them, nearing server reset, they get uncomfortable if you didn't talk to them that day.

It doesn't really matter which one it is, because the solution seems to be to talk to them as soon as possible and then you can come back and give them gifts and finish the missions whenever you like throughout the day. I think that talking once with each ally is enough to stop that "uncomfortableness bug" from happening.

It's Saturday for me again, and just like the last 2 weeks, they are uncomfortable from midday. So it's pretty consistent for me.
    Literally, everyone is uncomfortable, whether I talked to them yesterday or not or if I use summon.

My alt doesn't have this problem on Saturday, but then again, I don't do these for alts any other day.
  • StrangerinaStrangerina
    Vindictus Rep: 1,310
    edited December 22, 2019
    I noticed Kai's reticence dialogue has a few different ending variations. Here's one with Eira:

https://ibb.co/7SV2DkS

Vella called him a charmer iirc, but I didn't take a pic of that
  • YagaminYagamin
    edited December 25, 2019
    Yeah I think a lot of them have different dialogue.

Added Enhance rates for the Enhance minigame.

Also, just noticed that if you talk with a character's own # that was unlocked, there is a chance to get 20 Closeness or it just nothing. Seems random. The dialogue to unlock the topic has the same trigger. Explains why sometimes need less gifts for uncomfortable.

With the fix for "CHANGE", there is also now bugs with some of the lines. "This is for testing." can appear in some topics, and "You feel rather awkward now, as you haven't visited Fiona in quite a while." will appear when you are close to her, and it shows Korean text when Lynn is uncomfortable.
  • StrangerinaStrangerina
    Uhm.. is it a bug that chitchatting with Vella "makes you feel like you've become more distant from her"?
  • YagaminYagamin
    edited January 2, 2020
    Uhm.. is it a bug that chitchatting with Vella "makes you feel like you've become more distant from her"?

Yes, refer to previous post for more examples.
    Strangerina
  • YagaminYagamin
    Since some of them were interesting, I translated and added the new ones from Korea.
    Strangerina
  • StrangerinaStrangerina
    Thanks +best
  • YagaminYagamin
    The text should be fixed right?

Dunno about the lower ones, but the capped text seems to be fine for the ones I have.

----

Added info about the total number #s unlockable and calculations
    Added the rest of the "Overall closeness" quotes.
  • YagaminYagamin
    Added official translation for KR #s.
    Added unofficial translation of Lethor's #s

For the difference in #s, see: https://www.diffchecker.com/gCGn2ZN8
  • SshateSshate
    Vindictus Rep: 1,065
    Full list of favorite gifts:
    adDLOOw.jpg
    (Not my work. Copied from Vindictus discord: https://discord.com/channels/529656246962356244/534612744830320640/741623307626872902)
    StrangerinaBabyDani
  • ElynsaElynsa
    Vindictus Rep: 1,565
    edited September 14, 2020
    An interesting note: If you are Pathless you cannot progress your story with Kai.
    IITKCbE.jpg
  • SaintGuinnessSaintGuinness
    Vindictus Rep: 1,730
    What is the pattern to complete the Great Underground Cathedral Escape story for Vella?