[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Evie Face Revamp o.o

QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
Vindictus Rep: 4,960
edited March 29, 2019 in General Discussion

Comments

• KarijunaKarijuna
    Vindictus Rep: 2,675
    Not sure how I feel about it since I know that her face was based on the wife of one of the game developers/designers and now they just simply made her look more like the korean beauty standard.
    ElynsaSir_RenderGhengisJohnMonsterBunny
  • TachiTachi
    Vindictus Rep: 1,360
    The current face is better
    LillieVirideSir_RenderGhengisJohnBabyDaniXieMonsterBunny
  • JamesGrossJamesGross
    Vindictus Rep: 2,600
    Old face is definitely better. New one looks like someone accidentally shrunk her face or she's had a Michael Jackson nose job with a side of uneven looking lip.
    BabyDaniMonsterBunny
  • AnnazAnnaz
    Vindictus Rep: 1,320
    Evie has always had one the best model/faces in the game. Not sure why they felt she needed this change, she was gorgeous before. She looks a little too over done and unnatural now. The nose pinch is a little too much.
    BabyDani
  • FioGermiFioGermi
    Vindictus Rep: 1,670
    The new eyes are okay but they made her nose and lips much worse. Did anyone actually ask for this?
  • JamesGrossJamesGross
    Vindictus Rep: 2,600
    Someone at the Nexon office looked at it and said.

Iyf8wqGh.jpg
  • PrettyPrincessPrettyPrincess
    Vindictus Rep: 1,125
    edited March 29, 2019
    Do the mods here have any contact with the devs in charge of this? I would also like to vote in favor of keeping the original.

The new one isn't bad but it's starting to look a little generic. I think Evie has always been one of the cuter faces and I don't think she really needs to be touched unless the developer's wife (or whoever it was) has an issue with her likeness being used.

If they want to do a few material improvements or things like making lashes and hair more natural, that'd probably be fine, but I have a hard time believing anyone had an issue with her face in general. The new lashes are nice though. I think improving hair styles would actually go a long way in making characters look nicer.
  • noctrednoctred
    Vindictus Rep: 2,875
    Original was better imo.
  • jeddyhijeddyhi
    Vindictus Rep: 1,880
    Her new mascara looks bad. Old was better. Her old nose also looks more authentic. Who did this stuff, a guy?
    GhengisJohn
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Do the mods here have any contact with the devs in charge of this? I would also like to vote in favor of keeping the original.

Feedback was utterly ignored before Fiona's facelift was done, so you can guarantee this will be the same. Welcome to Vindi, enjoy your stay =)
    GhengisJohnXie
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    edited March 30, 2019
    Here is an image of whom Evie was modeled after :
    1430891927812.jpg
    Also, I think the reason for the change especially for Lann and Fiona was to keep up with the model quality of newer characters. That or they got someone new in charge of character model design.
    GhengisJohn
  • GhengisJohnGhengisJohn
    Vindictus Rep: 3,540
    The lady that Evie was originally modeled after is beautiful though. Why did they feel like they needed to change her? The change is relatively minor but I still don't like it. I like her current face. You would still think that person was beautiful if you met them, and it still looks like a face you might actually run into. Where as to me the nose and the mouth look too small now, artificial. Like an AI cooked them up after being fed 10,000 images of models and decided a smaller nose is always better. I find myself upset that somebody looked at this gorgeous woman and still said "You know what? Not good enough for me.".
    KarijunaWilko
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    @GhengisJohn as other said, it's just the trend in KR now to favor the newer beauty standard of even paler skin, narrower faces, noses, chins, and proportions that are much more likely to be achieved with cosmetic work than to occur naturally. I can't say if it was asked for, but it's reflective of the culture there now to follow that standard.
    Xie
  • BabyDaniBabyDani
    Vindictus Rep: 1,735
    awwwws, evie got a nose job... they.... they grow up so fast.... *sniffle*
    Annaz
  • PrettyPrincessPrettyPrincess
    Vindictus Rep: 1,125
    Even taking into account any cultural dysmorphia, it's still an arguably pointless change. Original Evie still puts like 90% of actual K-pop idols to shame, especially when you consider what most people look like without cosmetics...

I just made up a K-Pop group called FADE, starring Fiona, Arisha, Delia, and Evie. Evie's the lead singer for their new single titled I Was Born Beautiful, in passive protest of their management forcing them to get plastic surgery.

5% chance to get a copy of their song in the new lockboxes available in the Supply Depot!
    Zeroheartkls9BabyDani
  • DzeikorDzeikor
    Vindictus Rep: 640
    well now she looks super basic so good job nexon xD
  • ZeroheartZeroheart
    Vindictus Rep: 7,740
    I suggest we just add a nose slider in the create a character option!
  • TwlnTwln
    Vindictus Rep: 1,015
    Just...have selectable face options.
  • IntoHellIntoHell
    Vindictus Rep: 990
    I hope they never touch Arisha cuz I love how she looks rn :(
  • DrustanDrustan
    Vindictus Rep: 870
    Anyone know the status of this blasphemy?
    It seems like a small thing but it doesn't feel like it at all Q.Q

Also nice fact @originalEbieFace somehow is weird and funny to know someone is running around with Evie's face ... or the other way around. But I'm pretty sure if she minded she would have said so 9-10years ago and the changes wouldn't be this minor.

also worst case: is modding allowed to keep the original face?