[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Are guild runs on Quick Battle inconsiderate?

YagaminYagamin
Vindictus Rep: 3,580
edited March 22, 2019 in General Discussion
They are annoying. If your friend/guild is slow, that's their fault. Just start it, that's why it's called Quick Battle. They can join the next run. If you know what run is coming, it is hard to join slower than people who don't know. The boat appears on the QB board a few seconds before the alert is given for everyone else.

Especially when you only have one or two raids left, you wait 30 mins for a boat just to get kicked, then you wait more for the next boat. (No, I don't want to host because I am considerate and don't want others to lag)

There is a Normal Board for premade runs. I know there is a QB core, but from experience, if I have a premade party, using the Normal Board to skip the boat loading cut-scene on consecutive runs more than makes up the time for the 1 core.

If you only have 2-3 people, that's understandable, but if you're trying to get 4 people on a premade QB (looks at ~Prom... and Se......ip), that just inconsiderate.

1. Is it annoying to be kicked from a QB?54 votes
    1. It is annoying, please just start.
       26% (14 votes)
    2. It is annoying, but I'll leave anyway.
       13% (7 votes)
    3. I don't mind them, I'll just leave.
       37% (20 votes)
    4. I host these guild runs, I am inconsiderate, I don't care if it annoys people.
       24% (13 votes)

Comments

• QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    edited March 23, 2019
    Guilds runs on Quick Battle are inconsiderate because the feature is being used for unintended purposes. The feature is used for, if the name wasn't so obvious, quick runs NOT Guild runs. There is a Normal Board for premade runs. But...but, that 1 core. Yeah, no. I'm not leaving. So, you can just keep kicking me off your boat and I'll keep rejoining it. It will only be just as annoying for you as it is for me. Suck it up and deal with it. If your friend/guild member is slow, too bad. Sounds like a personal problem. Get a better computer, get a better internet provider. <3 <3 <3

tl;dr If they're going to be inconsiderate, then I'll be inconsiderate back.
    AnnazYagamin
  • VladinoVladino
    Vindictus Rep: 2,875
    It's purely on hosts who will be taken to the battle. If you don't like it, you can host yourself, simple...
    DancingStarNXonsWaifuElser
  • JamesGrossJamesGross
    Vindictus Rep: 2,600
    They do it for the extra core. But then again if they ask nicely for you to leave I don't see how that is any shape or form inconsiderate. It is also their boat, they can do whatever they want with it.
    ZollenDancingStarNXonsWaifuElser
  • JamesGrossJamesGross
    Vindictus Rep: 2,600
    Guilds runs on Quick Battle are inconsiderate because the feature is being used for unintended purposes. The feature is used for, if the name wasn't so obvious, quick runs NOT Guild runs. There is a Normal Board for premade runs. But...but, that 1 core. Yeah, no. I'm not leaving. So, you can just keep kicking me off your boat and I'll keep rejoining it. It will only be just as annoying for you as it is for me. Suck it up and deal with it. If your friend/guild member is slow, too bad. Sounds like a personal problem. Get a better computer, get a better internet provider. <3 <3 <3

tl;dr If they're going to be inconsiderate, then I'll be inconsiderate back.

You need therapy keyboard warrior.
    ZollenNXonsWaifuFlameSama1ElserArrow95
  • DrusaDrusa
    Vindictus Rep: 2,100
    It's their bandwith, they're free to use as they fit.
    NXonsWaifu
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    edited March 23, 2019
    -Redacted-

• AbaddanAbaddan
    Vindictus Rep: 2,320
    edited March 23, 2019
    Idk why they don't just make all the battles have the benefit, even from the board or in a premade party. The truth is though if you're hosting you get to decide what you want to do with your party. If you want to go you can if not tough for everyone else. They don't decide whether or not you press the depart button so it doesn't really matter how people feel about the subject, it's not going to change anything unless DevCat changes it to add the buff across the board. I don't see anything wrong with wanting to get a buff and enjoy playing a game with your friends since after all, that is the point of the game. This comes from someone who doesn't run much of anything with guild mates besides redeemers since I run things at weird hours everyone usually has them done or aren't on etc. It doesn't happen often but if I do join a guild run I just leave and host it or find another run, runs are usually always popping up every few minutes.
    ZollenYagaminNXonsWaifuAmenari
  • AngelYukkiAngelYukki
    Vindictus Rep: 2,300
    What's the point of asking this question when you've already made up your mind about it
    LoLoBootyAnnerZollenNXonsWaifuElserAmenari
  • NokaubureNokaubure
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    There is a Normal Board for premade runs. I know there is a QB core, but from experience, if I have a premade party, using the Normal Board to skip the boat loading cut-scene on consecutive runs more than makes up the time for the 1 core.

Been saying this for too long, but barely nobody wants to do 5x normal board raids in a row so I just do them solo. Its sad how -1 core turns people back when the amount of time you gain with the rebattle button makes it as worth as quick battles, its like you're trading 1 core for more time to do another raid.
    Yagamin
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    Vindictus Rep: 5,275
    The bigger you puff your chest the more deflated you will become. It's not a big deal -- just move on.
    NXonsWaifu
  • EmerthystEmerthyst
    Vindictus Rep: 2,690
    But i don't wanna premade 3 people guild parties no ones gonna join off board. If someones takes one of my 2 guildy spots i just ask them to leave.
    NXonsWaifu
  • GhengisJohnGhengisJohn
    Vindictus Rep: 3,540
    edited March 24, 2019
    I think it's really annoying but I'm a nice guy so I just leave. I understand why they're doing it, that extra core, and I empathise, but it's still going to lead to me sitting through two loading screens for nothing, and that's not including the semi-rare occasion where the game crashes loading back into town forcing me to go through all the log in loading screens again.

It'd be nice if they gave you an extra core for having a full group on boat launch or something. That way they could get an extra core and not trouble the rest of use using the quick battle board.
    JinyieDancingStarYagamin
  • noctrednoctred
    Vindictus Rep: 2,875
    edited March 25, 2019
    Hello,

I am one of the people who hosts such runs and politely asks players to leave if they happen to join before my friends/guildmates. Yeah, I'm a real inconsiderate a-hole.

Maybe if you make a grand total of three friends, you too can become an inconsiderate a-hole.

P.S.

If I myself am asked to leave because I've joined such a boat, I politely nod my head, say "np" and leave. Because I'm just that inconsiderate.
    MetalLotusAnnerZollenNXonsWaifuBreastGrillCloakshireAmenari
  • BreastGrillBreastGrill
    Vindictus Rep: 1,675
    Shame on people for having friends >:(

I'm sorry that you're so entitled that you expect people to not waste your time 24/7.

Unfortunately you just wasted your own by making this thread cc:
    AnnerZollennoctredNXonsWaifu
  • AnnazAnnaz
    Vindictus Rep: 1,320
    edited March 25, 2019
    Well you can reload the boat because I’m not leaving.
  • MetalLotusMetalLotus
    Vindictus Rep: 700
    Is this the newest ''help me I need attention'' thread?
    noctredAnnerZollenNXonsWaifuElserAmenari
  • AnnerAnner
    Vindictus Rep: 1,935
    edited March 25, 2019
    I host these guild runs, I am inconsiderate, I don't care if it annoys people. :]
    Annaz wrote: »
    Well you can reload the boat because I’m not leaving.
    Votekick exists and will be used tho?
    MetalLotusnoctredZollenNXonsWaifu
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    I often run with 1 guildy and sometimes folks just join too quick for us to both fit in. I know of a few other people that almost always are running with a friend etc. I usually don't resort to vote kicking, but often will just kill the boat/remake. The real issue with just asking the last person to leave is if things are active your friend etc still might not manage to get in ;-)

That said I can understand the frustration. Heck I often purposely join boats first before making my own since most of them tend to take forever to fill, and if you are then asked to leave I then end up having 2 unfilled boats for the same run sitting there waiting for folks.
    Zollen
  • ZollenZollen
    Vindictus Rep: 1,150
    edited March 25, 2019
    So you're mad because people host boats and they want their friends to join, and you joined too quick and they, most of the time, politely ask you to leave because the spot is for a guildy? Why is this even a thread?
    AnnernoctredNXonsWaifu
  • DancingStarDancingStar
    Vindictus Rep: 1,695
    Imagine having +1 core on normal parties.
    Would be very nice tbh but rip qb battles.
    Pretty sure 80% of the ppl wouldn't use them anymore.

Sadly with such crappy drop rate ppl have to rely on any lil bit of luck.

On a side note:
    MetalLotus wrote: »
    Is this the newest ''help me I need attention'' thread?

The pot calling the kettle black?
    NXonsWaifu