[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Are guild runs on Quick Battle inconsiderate?

Comments

• YagaminYagamin
    Vindictus Rep: 3,580
    edited March 26, 2019
    noctred wrote: »
    Hello,

I am one of the people who hosts such runs and politely asks players to leave if they happen to join before my friends/guildmates. Yeah, I'm a real inconsiderate a-hole.

Maybe if you make a grand total of three friends, you too can become an inconsiderate a-hole.

P.S.

If I myself am asked to leave because I've joined such a boat, I politely nod my head, say "np" and leave. Because I'm just that inconsiderate.

As I said, even if I join friend/guild runs, if someone else joins, we just go with it, we don't kick. And that from experience, normal board is better with premade runs. If only you read the first post.

Thanks for proving that people who host these are not only inconsiderate in game, but also inconsiderate outside too. Since you stated your opinion without reading mine.
    AngelYukki wrote: »
    What's the point of asking this question when you've already made up your mind about it

To see other people's opinion of course. That's what a forum is for.
    Unfortunately you just wasted your own by making this thread cc:

Nah, because I can see that half the people do find it annoying, and not just a small amount.

Actually, the real results should be that the majority of people find it annoying. Considering how the people who find it OK jumped up after a certain person from a certain guild posted (meaning they called on their guild to help vote against).
    MetalLotus wrote: »
    Is this the newest ''help me I need attention'' thread?

No because there are quite a lot of people who agree on this topic.
    Anner wrote: »
    Annaz wrote: »
    Well you can reload the boat because I’m not leaving.
    Votekick exists and will be used tho?

Thing is, did anyone else ever consider why there is a "X" next to people names on the Normal board but not on QB? The point is that devs had planned that you shouldn't be kicking anyone on QB. They likely forgot to block the command /kick for QB.

I also know that about half the time people don't know about the commands. Since half the time people do cancel the boat instead of votekicking.
    Zollen wrote: »
    and you joined too quick and they, most of the time, politely ask you to leave because the spot is for a guildy? Why is this even a thread?

No I didn't join too quick. The spot I join are always empty for a while this is why you'll almost always see my join as 4th. This topic is about being kicked because your premade party was slow.

In one case I joined as 3rd spot after seeing them stuck at 2 for a long while, we then seemingly waited a few mins for a 4th, then they say guild run and ask for me to leave. Don't make me wait a few mins if you're going to say guild run.

• noctrednoctred
    Vindictus Rep: 2,875
    edited March 25, 2019
    Yagamin wrote: »
    If only you read the first post.

I read your post in full. Your experience isn't my experience - you prefer board for the time saved, I prefer QB for the extra core. I guess I can understand you wanting to save some time considering you run 50 raids per day -

CszYBTm.png

But then again, I'm pretty sure you can understand wanting extra cores as well since afaik you dope like a mofo in every single raid. For those of us who don't run 50 raids a day and perhaps only run a select few we're specifically interested in doing, an extra core per run might actually be more valuable.

Actually, the real results should be that the majority of people find it annoying. Considering how the people who find it OK jumped up after a certain person from a certain guild posted (meaning they called on their guild to help vote against).

I assume you're referring to me. I didn't "call" on my guild to do anything. Here is what happened - reasonable people saw an idiotic thread and shared their opinions of their own volition. Shocking.
    NXonsWaifuBreastGrillAnnerMetalLotusZollenJinyie
  • YagaminYagamin
    edited March 25, 2019

But then again, I'm pretty sure you can understanding wanting extra cores as well since afaik you dope like a mofo in every single raid. For those of us who don't run 50 raids a day and perhaps only run a select few we're specifically interested in doing, an extra core per run might actually be more valuable.

I wanted the extra cores to be consistent in the drops guide.

http://forums.vindictus.nexon.net/discussion/15286/drop-rates-of-rare-items-in-raids

Most story raids are on QB and limit myself to QB only with buffs on those days. When I'm not doing raids for the guide, I still sometimes do premade speed runs on normal board for the advantages mentioned earlier.
    Vladino wrote: »
    If you don't like it, you can host yourself, simple...

Refer to post 1. I don't want others to lag. If anyone is going to lag, it will be me.
    Imagine having +1 core on normal parties.
    Would be very nice tbh but rip qb battles.
    Pretty sure 80% of the ppl wouldn't use them anymore.

What would be better is if you can invite people to start a party, then host QB and then it will give an alert to everyone if your party is not full. The party you had started with will remain after the battle.

• AnnerAnner
    Vindictus Rep: 1,935
    ..Did you actually just say that because the poll isn't going your way, someone had to manipulate the votes? Wow.
    NXonsWaifuMetalLotusnoctredZollenElser
  • YagaminYagamin
    edited March 26, 2019
    Anner wrote: »
    ..Did you actually just say that because the poll isn't going your way, someone had to manipulate the votes? Wow.

It's because there was a significant jump in a short time. How else can you explain it.

I didn't take screenshots, but for more concrete evidence anyway, here's a google cache showing 7v2: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:cph_rG_gIlcJ:forums.vindictus.nexon.net/discussion/15418/are-guild-runs-on-quick-battle-inconsiderate+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=au

This trend continued for a few days, then a jump occurred to even it out since yesterday.
  • noctrednoctred
    edited March 26, 2019
    It's because there was a significant jump in a short time. How else can you explain it.

So what you're basically saying here is that if a handful of people are exposed to a piece of content at roughly the same time, review it at roughly the same time, and share their (independent) opinions on it at roughly the same time, and if those opinions happen to align against - then those people are rigging votes rather than accurately representing a different perspective on said piece of content?

Boy do I have a bridge to sell ya.
    AnnerNXonsWaifuMetalLotusBreastGrillTheShiny0neZollen
  • BreastGrillBreastGrill
    Vindictus Rep: 1,675
    edited March 26, 2019

Independent of what anyone else thinks, I just think you're stupid.

Specifically speaking, this thread isn't going to change anything. This "annoying thing" that bothered you enough to make a thread about is going to happen regardless. You honestly wasted your own time, but complain about people wasting your time by simply asking you to politely leave they so can play with their friends.

Annoying or not, I'm gonna say what others have said a few times in this thread--move on. get over it.

MetalLotus
  • noctrednoctred
    Oh by the way, while we're on the topic of inconsiderate players, maybe we should take a look at how considerate the author of this thread is to players in other areas of the game -

HMutLia.png

Nice man.

I'm sure your teammates also appreciate when you relax on the floor rather than running into a corner -

UjXpN38.png

dAQLUne.png

--

You are quite the samaritan my friend. Meanwhile the rest of us will continue being dicks by politely asking players to catch another boat so we can enjoy some playtime with our friends.

363863581013442561.png?v=1
    MetalLotusTheShiny0neZollenAnnerNXonsWaifu
  • YagaminYagamin
    edited March 26, 2019
    Some of those were sarcastic comments.

Holding back at the start and either statue spamming or counter throwing is a strategy which increased my win rate from 40% to 60%.

Why are you complaining with that screenshot? We won. You'll be more convincing if you used a screenshot where we lost.

I have never sat the entire run. Only at the start to allow my team to all get statues, or in the last 30s when there is 0% chance to catch up.
  • BreastGrillBreastGrill
    edited March 26, 2019
    Some of those were sarcastic comments.

Holding back at the start and statue spamming is a strategy which increased my win rate from 40% to 60%.

I have never sat the entire run. Only at the start to allow my team to all get statues.

That's rich; I remember seeing you in a match where you afk'd for the last 3/4th of the game. Why?

unknown.png?width=246&height=300

unknown.png

Nice strats dude.
    noctredZollenNXonsWaifu
  • YagaminYagamin
    edited March 26, 2019
    That's rich; I remember seeing you in a match where you afk'd for the last 3/4th of the game. Why?

Nice strats dude.

There will always be some exceptions when there is a 0% chance to win anyway where it is more profitable seals/min to get an early loss. But I still more than carried my weight.

I didn't say 100% win rate. I said it significantly increased overall. Can't do anything about having 2 dead weights.
  • KurumiTKurumiT
    Vindictus Rep: 400
    If you are so concerned about wasting time, whats the point of making this thread? Do you honestly think people are going to care what you think and stop hosting qb guild runs? I am sure you waste more time complaining here than you will ever in leaving the runs when people actually ask you nicely. I know maybe it's hard for you to understand but maybe, just maybe, people have their opinions too and don't find it annoying if being asked politely?
  • YagaminYagamin
    edited March 26, 2019
    KurumiT wrote: »
    If you are so concerned about wasting time, whats the point of making this thread? Do you honestly think people are going to care what you think and stop hosting qb guild runs? I am sure you waste more time complaining here than you will ever in leaving the runs when people actually ask you nicely. I know maybe it's hard for you to understand but maybe, just maybe, people have their opinions too and don't find it annoying if being asked politely?

My aim was to see how many people also find it annoying, that's why I added a poll instead of leaving it as only a discussion. It was not to convince them to stop. As I have mentioned before.

Just commenting while the game loads or between runs, not much time wasted.
  • BreastGrillBreastGrill

My aim was to see how many people also find it annoying, that's why I added a poll instead of leaving it as only a discussion.

I find intense irony that you can say this and "the majority of people should have found it annoying" at the same time.
    NXonsWaifu
  • noctrednoctred
    Why are you complaining with that screenshot? We won. You'll be more convincing if you used a screenshot where we lost.

If you had actually paid attention to the screenshot, you'd notice that you were on the other (losing) team. I died, Rikku rez'd me and then Raikoru rez'd Rikku - that's three players. I did feel sorry for your team though, having such an inconsiderate carry :'(

Every geared player who regularly does OS has had to deal with dead weights, some of those matches ends up as losses, some as wins. Many of us complain about this kind of situation but there are only a couple of players I can think of who are petty and entitled enough to actually go the full distance and intentionally throw the match from the start for no reason other than "these players do no damage and we have a 0% chance of winning".

Allow me to make like Naraxas and offer some sage advice - the only way your team has a 0% chance of winning is if the team's hard carry decides to sit down and afk. LOL.
    NXonsWaifu
  • YagaminYagamin
    edited March 26, 2019
    If you had actually paid attention to the screenshot, you'd notice that you were on the other (losing) team. I died, Rikku rez'd me and then Raikoru rez'd Rikku - that's three players. I did feel sorry for your team though, having such an inconsiderate carry :'(

Every geared player who regularly does OS has had to deal with dead weights, some of those matches ends up as losses, some as wins. Many of us complain about this kind of situation but there are only a couple of players I can think of who are petty and entitled enough to actually go the full distance and intentionally throw the match from the start for no reason other than "these players do no damage and we have a 0% chance of winning".

Allow me to make like Naraxas and offer some sage advice - the only way your team has a 0% chance of winning is if the team's hard carry decides to sit down and afk. LOL.

Fair enough. My bad for not analysing that in detail as I usually do. Like I said, I'm currently rush posting between raids.

My requirement was 2 dead weights against a stacked team including a broken kai. But as I said, I have never thrown a match from the start, even in that situation I banked on the statue spamming strategy, the more you lose the more effective it is provided that it gets going. Despite what I say in chat, you will see that I will attempt the strategy.

But now that OS is more balanced this season and we get rank points and seals based on damage, this strategy won't be needed now.
  • FlameSama1FlameSama1
    Vindictus Rep: 1,960
    Well this got derailed. Allow me to get it back on topic.

Don't have the buff for QB or allow me to take parties into QB and I won't have guild runs in QB.

I've been saying this for *forever*, but Halo 2 had party systems figured out for games 15 years ago. Why is it that TODAY, LITERALLY TODAY, after a decade, they finally add a system for promoting someone else to party leader? Why is QB separate from normal parties? Why can't I party up with my guildmates and immediately depart for RAR, instead needing to queue at the same time and hope it puts us all together?

Make parties actually able to do everything; let them get a 'guild party buff' equal to the QB buff and let parties join RAR together so it's not a dice roll, then I'll be more 'considerate'.
    Yagamin
  • DancingStarDancingStar
    Vindictus Rep: 1,695

Imagine having +1 core on normal parties.
    Would be very nice tbh but rip qb battles.
    Pretty sure 80% of the ppl wouldn't use them anymore.

What would be better is if you can invite people to start a party, then host QB and then it will give an alert to everyone if your party is not full. The party you had started with will remain after the battle.

That's actually a nice idea!
  • ablackwomanablackwoman
    Vindictus Rep: 1,200
    Is that you Salamandinay?
  • WaifeyWaifey
    Vindictus Rep: 840
    MetalLotus wrote: »
    Is this the newest ''help me I need attention'' thread?
    oh ironic haha