[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

I got scammed by nexon?

TealHeartsTealHearts
Vindictus Rep: 1,210
edited January 31, 2019 in General Discussion
So last year i bought the Valentine's Day Devotion Ring Box
and i bought quite alot of them around 30 boxes.

This is the Page of Valentine 2018 webpage
http://forums.vindictus.nexon.net/discussion/13596/sweet-valentine-sales

As here states it contains +5 luck +5 stamina.
8bPyZNZ.png

Somewhere a few months ago this item got changed without any notice.

As seen here:
2019-02-01-0000.jpg

This is not the item i payed alot of nx for and i hope to see this fixed
or compensated for. Other wise this will fall under Deceptive practices.

Thank you for your time.

Greetings TealHearts

⏵Guild: Prospectors⏴
❤【Trusted NX Seller ⁽ᴱᵁ⁾】 ✧ 【Guild Master】❤
DragonRiderAnthonytonyboyJustFrameBigAssTTs

Comments

• SatsueSatsue
    Vindictus Rep: 1,615
    Unfortunately for you, the best you can really do is contact support and see if they can do anything for you.

You technically purchased a digital item and Nexon has the right to change the item any time they wish according to their ToU which you agreed to when you play the game.

My advice is to just talk to Nexon support or live chat and see what they say, other than that, there's not much you could do. Sorry.
  • TealHeartsTealHearts
    Satsue wrote: »
    Unfortunately for you, the best you can really do is contact support and see if they can do anything for you.

You technically purchased a digital item and Nexon has the right to change the item any time they wish according to their ToU which you agreed to when you play the game.

My advice is to just talk to Nexon support or live chat and see what they say, other than that, there's not much you could do. Sorry.

I don't use facebook

and regardless of their rights this still falls under Deceptive practices (if intended)

• SatsueSatsue
    I don't use facebook either, but I don't see why that's important?

Either way, I have a feeling they probably just changed the item so that they could reuse it for the upcoming Valentine's event and overlooked the fact that some people might still have them. I'd suggest trying to file a ticket with support if you can, or send them an email.

Also, just for clarity, I do really do feel sorry for you that they changed the item, I hope they can resolve this for you.
  • TealHeartsTealHearts
    edited January 31, 2019
    Satsue wrote: »
    I don't use facebook either, but I don't see why that's important?

You need it for that live support :')

• SatsueSatsue
    edited January 31, 2019
    That's... odd... I don't have it but I've never had issues using Live Support, I just used it not even 40 minutes ago, too.

EDIT: Just so that I can be clear, were you trying from here?
    https://support-vindictus.nexon.net/hc/en-us
  • AnnazAnnaz
    Vindictus Rep: 1,320
    Put in a ticket, they always respond.
  • NokaubureNokaubure
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    Can we talk about how trash this item is now? its literally the same you get by spending 800 AP but with 5 extra stamina, what a joke. If they sell it for NX again, with these stats, nobody is going to buy it.
  • TealHeartsTealHearts
    scammedbtw.jpg

Scammed btw

I don't think i will buy the item again since they just randomly change the whole
    thing and value LOL F*ck this

residentsleeper-transparent-lul-5.png

DragonRiderAnthonytonyboyGhengisJohn
  • SatsueSatsue
    That means they changed it for this year's Valentine's Event and thought no one would notice.

You know what this means.
    http://forums.vindictus.nexon.net/discussion/15299/revert-the-valentines-ring-necklace?new=1
  • DragonRiderDragonRider
    Vindictus Rep: 2,600
    i bought several of those v-day rings 1-2 years ago too, and saved them. opened them up on all chars early january and i noticed it right away too - i was expecting the LUK stat... but it was gone. I knew i was instantly scammed also. Oh well, i'll listen to that ticket response and i'll "be more careful when purchasing in game items from Nexon" and save my money. Thanks Nexon ticket support for helping me NOT fund your game. lol, idiots.
    GhengisJohnIcyz
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    edited February 1, 2019
    How can we "be more careful when purchasing in-game items" when it was Nexon that changed the stats of these items and without so much a notice? If the item was advertised as +5 LUK and +5 Stamina but instead had +300 ATT/M.ATT +300 DEF and +5 Stamina upon opening the package, how could "we be more careful" when YOU, Nexon, falsely advertised the item? Seems like they will not own up to their own mistakes and would rather blame the player instead. Gee, thanks.
    GhengisJohn
  • GhengisJohnGhengisJohn
    Vindictus Rep: 3,540
    edited February 2, 2019
    TealHearts wrote: »
    So last year i bought the Valentine's Day Devotion Ring Box
    and i bought quite alot of them around 30 boxes.

This is the Page of Valentine 2018 webpage
    http://forums.vindictus.nexon.net/discussion/13596/sweet-valentine-sales

As here states it contains +5 luck +5 stamina.
    8bPyZNZ.png

Somewhere a few months ago this item got changed without any notice.

As seen here:
    2019-02-01-0000.jpg

This is not the item i payed alot of nx for and i hope to see this fixed
    or compensated for. Other wise this will fall under Deceptive practices.

Thank you for your time.

Greetings TealHearts

I have one or two of these unopened still sitting in my inventory so whoopie. "We can only advise you to be careful" well that is rich.

A long time ago I bought an extraction rune from the nx store. At this time they were limited time items, and they cost 25 dollars. I had planned to use the thing to transfer my lvl 90 weapons enchants to my lvl 95 weapon. At this time Righteous and Judgment cost like 80-125 million gold so it seemed worth it. A month later they put out a notice that I have 30 days to use the rune they had just sold me because they were phasing it out for the new (current) stone and the old stones would either be deleted or no longer work, I forget which. I asked for a refund, and they wouldn't do it. I asked if I could just have one of the new stones, and they wouldn't do it. They could have arranged some way for all the owners of old stones to get new stones but apparently it was a lot less trouble to screw me over. 25 dollars. It's not the most money in the world but it's not nothing, I considered it a lot for an item like that and I still do. (I guess Nexon eventually did too because they aren't 25 dollars anymore.) I could buy a decent game for that, or pay some low cost bill like water or gas, I could go get a nice meal or buy the whole family take out, heck if I wanted to spend it in game I could even have spent it on an outfitter or something instead and actually have had something to show for it.

But nope. It was just gone. Poof. And the thing that made me the maddest was the lack of consideration. It's not like they couldn't do anything for me, they chose not to. And it's not like these things don't come out in Korea first. At the point that they sold me that stone, they had to have known that I wouldn't be able to keep it and they said nothing about that to me. This was the response that I got:
    Players are held responsible for using items to their effects before changes are made.

I understand a lot will be changed in the new update, but we cannot make exceptions for any players as all will have to abide by the new changes. If you have any new issues, please add this in a new ticket and we'll gladly assist you.

I hope this clarifies things and apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

This made me so angry that I quit the game for a year and a half. And I love this stupid game. Even now that I have come back to the game I still can't forget it. It creeps up on me from time to time and it leaves me with ugly feelings. I am happy when customer service does help me with a problem but this event keeps me from ever truly being happy with the company and it keeps me from being able to recommend nexon games to people as well as keeping me from trying other nexon games I've been interested in like hyper universe. I wonder how many people have been screwed like this in some fashion and never come back? So I understand how you feel, believe me.

Now if Nexon could hear me I would say this: This sort of thing is just bad for business Nexon, and I seem to want you to succeed more than you seem to want to succeed because I want you to improve and grow and reach a broader audience with your games but you just keep making the same mistakes. You should not be so cavalier about throwing away the good will of people who were previously happy to support you.
    DragonRiderWilkoIcyzIcygoddess
  • DragonRiderDragonRider
    This game is a vending machine to suckers. They're happy with what ever fish they can catch, even if their vending machine has bad business reputation. That's the shady business of Nexon.

Folks, keep your wallets closed and teach them a lesson. Just purchase your items with gold coin. I don't even care if the game gets shut down, honestly... i'll keep riding it for free as long as I can until it shuts down. I've given them around $400 since 2011... but i've kept my wallet shut the last 3-4 years from the terrible customer service and ticket responses I get.

Just keep your wallet closed folks. Let them suffer.
  • KursKurs
    Vindictus Rep: 2,320
    edited February 2, 2019
    I'm not too sure about the whole don't give them money because they're bad thing. I'm guessing that customer service will vary from person to person. Sometimes you'll get employees who care and are good at their job, and sometimes you get employees who kind of phone it in and use pre-made responses as much as possible. But I guess both Nexon and us need to remember that you catch more flies with honey than vinegar. But we got to make sure that we don't overlook good things they do too. Most people to me seem to have a certain view of things and only pay attention to things that "prove" that view while ignoring what doesn't. And if they're proven wrong they'll mysteriously disappear until something "proves" their view again. So I guess becareful people because then it becomes a matter of defending sides instead of actually looking for truths. At least that's what I think
  • TealHeartsTealHearts
    Well i'm not sure what to think of it all, Nexon is just treating us bad.
    imagine you spend 400 dollar/euro on a Tieve set and they suddenly change it
    to that ugly scarecrow outfit just because they feel like it.

i will probably be moving on towards Anthem and pray skins cost 6 dollar or even less
    but mostly not getting F*cked over by changing items descriptions and or values.

DragonRider
  • DragonRiderDragonRider
    LOL the devotion rings are BACK this year with the LUK stat added as usual!

If you buy them, use them up NOW before they decide to change their mind tommorrow and take away the stats! huehuehue! *keeps wallet shut*
  • IcyzIcyz
    Vindictus Rep: 1,030
    Incredibly bad customer service.
    It just boggles me. I worked in customer service, and kinda still am and this is just wow.
    We are talking about video game content here versus real money.
    Providing a compensation for having screwed up is a minor thing. It costs 0 ressources. It's not like it would cost them to send a replacement product. No. We are talking about logging in on a GM account and sending an in game item through the post. This is beyond effortless.
    Amazing how they seem to actually hate their cash cows. (doubt we can call ourselves customer when you see the box/chests system to get excluisve costumes)

PS: they realised they posted the wrong stats for the item and changed it to the new crap that it is.
  • BariumBarium
    Vindictus Rep: 405
    Not good at all. They will have to compensate.
  • IcyzIcyz
    Vindictus Rep: 1,030
    Incredibly bad customer service.
    It just boggles me. I worked in customer service, and kinda still am and this is just wow.
    We are talking about video game content here versus real money.
    Providing a compensation for having screwed up is a minor thing. It costs 0 ressources. It's not like it would cost them to send a replacement product. No. We are talking about logging in on a GM account and sending an in game item through the post. This is beyond effortless.
    Amazing how they seem to actually hate their cash cows. (doubt we can call ourselves customer when you see the box/chests system to get exclusive costumes).