[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

New Character - Miul

FioGermiFioGermi
Vindictus Rep: 1,670
edited December 3, 2018 in Future Content

Comments

• DragonRiderDragonRider
    Vindictus Rep: 2,600
    edited November 21, 2018
    So wait...

that silhouette of a pistol wasn't Sylas' 2nd weapon? It was a teaser for Miul?

Thank god. Give sylas a spell book or magic attacks please!

and... that has to be the fastest release of two characters in a row devcat has produced... Grimden followed soon by Miul preview. It used to be 1 whole year goes by before we see a new character.
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    Can her attacks NOT be blue?
  • AvaithAvaith
    Vindictus Rep: 850
    and... that has to be the fastest release of two characters in a row devcat has produced... Grimden followed soon by Miul preview. It used to be 1 whole year goes by before we see a new character.

Well, you know Nexon. They can't go for long without making yet another hot busty chick.
    Xie
  • CoffeebeansCoffeebeans
    Vindictus Rep: 1,140
    edited November 22, 2018
    Thought this was a joke but then shrieked like a schoolgirl, have been waiting for Miul since the concept art years ago!!!! :) YAY!!!!!!!! +love
    DrustanAnduriaylbdr
  • KarijunaKarijuna
    Vindictus Rep: 2,675
    Arisha's sister with guns?
    Oh my lord, my body is ready
    AnduriChizeru
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    Lol yeah a mod of mine in stream was like "so Mabi Heroes uploaded a video 10 seconds ago and 미울 is in the title". Took me 10 seconds to realize grimden became irrelevent super quick lol. None the less expect test server probably next week? Im keeping my eye open just in case Nexon states when it is.
  • PhaliantPhaliant
    Vindictus Rep: 1,560
    edited November 22, 2018
    So she's Arisha's sister ? COOL ! She must use "magic" guns then ! (Make it fair for Grimden being another STR character like there's not enough already...)
  • RizzleRizzle
    Vindictus Rep: 1,860
    New male char! -> Preview of female char -> Wait...what do you mean theres a new male char? who? no there isnt.
    Xie
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Phaliant wrote: »
    So she's Arisha's sister ? COOL ! She must use "magic" guns then ! (Make it fair for Grimden being another STR character like there's not enough already...)

Pretty sure they are Mana type guns actually making her an INT type. Granted no info has been provided on the weapons themselves but given her family lineage it would be more logical this way if she's an INT type. But hey sometimes immersion exists solely to be broken :P
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Hurk second weap & Grimden: hot garbage
    Lynn second weap, Miul, Ari second: good at minimum, all the way to the hotness

This definitely doesn't bode well for Sylas' second weap. Glad this character looks interesting so far, though.
    Xie
  • MisterWhiskersMisterWhiskers
    Vindictus Rep: 2,615
    Hopefully they borrow some elements from Bayonetta and get their **** together this time and do a proper gun-char.

Xgun kai and Hurk teide proved that devcat doesn't really have any idea how to make a solid gun user
  • ablackwomanablackwoman
    Vindictus Rep: 1,200
    This is definitely drawing me back to this game. A character that is many, many years old finally becoming a reality? Wow
  • ablackwomanablackwoman
    Vindictus Rep: 1,200
    New trailer just dropped.

XieAmenari
  • XieXie
    Vindictus Rep: 2,115
    Is it weird that I'm more impressed by her hair physic than the actual gameplay? +drunk

Usually whenever I see a new female character teaser, I think, "Oh great, not another one." This has been the case for me with the last several female trailers. But I'll make an exception for Miul since I have been waiting for years for a female dual gunner. I just hope her actual gameplay is as fun as it looks in the trailer. If not, I'll just go elsewhere.

Also, I think it's official. DevCat sucks at making cool male characters lol.
    The effort put into the male characters doesn't feel like it's all there compared to the female characters. At this point, I give up expecting anything good if DevCat does anything involving male characters. Then again, female characters is where all of the money is, I suppose. So be it.
  • MisterWhiskersMisterWhiskers
    Vindictus Rep: 2,615
    Her 2nd weapon better be a Magic cannon
  • NoSleepNoSleep
    Vindictus Rep: 1,195
    if only they reversed the character launches so this dead game would live a little longer.
    ablackwoman
  • DrustanDrustan
    Vindictus Rep: 870
    Thought this was a joke but then shrieked like a schoolgirl, have been waiting for Miul since the concept art years ago!!!! :) YAY!!!!!!!! +love

^ This. For those who haven't played for a long time: Miul was conceived somewhere in 11/2013 by ArtNotHearts (as far as I know that's the source). Since then it's been a char players have wanted, and after 5 years they finally made her XD.
    Seeing the gun teaser my thoughts instanty went to Miul, but seeing Grimden just launched I figured it was Sylas's second weapon
    2unx3.jpg

Also really like the portal design, instead of just plain gunning you have extra movability (and it looks cool). Hoping the actual implementation will be smooth and fun to play
  • CascaCasca
    Vindictus Rep: 1,310
    Drustan wrote: »

^ This. For those who haven't played for a long time: Miul was conceived somewhere in 11/2013 by ArtNotHearts (as far as I know that's the source). Since then it's been a char players have wanted, and after 5 years they finally made her XD.
    Seeing the gun teaser my thoughts instanty went to Miul, but seeing Grimden just launched I figured it was Sylas's second weapon
    2unx3.jpg

Also really like the portal design, instead of just plain gunning you have extra movability (and it looks cool). Hoping the actual implementation will be smooth and fun to play

No the original design for Miul is not from Artnothearts, who does a lot of fan designs and is not an actual Devcat team member. No game developer would ever use fan art as a basis for their designs unless it was from an approved community contest or if they had legal clearance.

Here are old images from years ago. The first image was when the game was still new (2010-2011 probably). The female bow user ended up being Kai but now they are making her an actual character. Karok and Hurk were also made into characters eventually.

In the 2nd image below, you can see other artwork of characters that mostly came to fruition. Cradie hasn't been Devcat may have taken his weapon design as inspiration for Hurk's 2nd weapon, the teide.

i2793833313.jpg
    Mabinogi-Heroes.png

Kiva either became Grimden or he could be possibly created in the future. The 2 pictures below came together in the Grimden teaser images so it lead me to believe that maybe Kiva was scrapped. Grimden is cooler and more unique anyways.

2e3tpab.jpg
    v7wbnr.jpg

ablackwomanDrustanChizeru
  • WinViper4016WinViper4016
    Vindictus Rep: 750
    i don"t care grimden. i wish Miul........................................
    AnduriChizeruAnnaz
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    I have never seen so many people this hyped for a new character since Karok LUL even KR is hyped for her.
    Twtvkaioiken123