[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

NX Scamming and Nexon.

DrusaDrusa
Vindictus Rep: 2,100
edited August 5, 2018 in General Discussion
Drusa here,

It has come to my attention that Nexon detaches itself related to the methods of NX selling when it involves the mailbox. This is under the terms and conditions for Vindictus and implies you are in breach of said terms and conditions if you use in-game gold transactions with other user accounts. However, there is quite an issue with this and we will come to that.

Now, is this a good thing or a bad thing? The first and foremost understanding of said rule is simply due to majority of the transactions that do occur through the mailbox are usually normal items that may be obtained in-game through other methods. Therefore recovering quantities of such items would be a hassle for the player supporting administrators to resolve as they would be numerous. This is further emphasized whenever you attempt to submit a ticket, stating that the game provides a marketplace for users to use for player to player transactions and said transactions would not be covered. As mentioned before, the mailbox serves the same purpose, therefore using both methods does not cover a player from being scammed. (Which would be highly unlikely to occur regardless as you can list items and pay the amount it is listed for or simply refuse to do so.)

But what about transactions that involve the purchase of goods from the NX shop that is only payable for via the mailbox to a different player account? The issue with this is that there is no item to be previewed for you to accept. The only way for you to assure you are acquiring what you intend to acquire is to ensure you are in contact with someone you know that will definitely provide you with the sale of the good you want. No seller is willing to send the item first simply due to them paying their real cash to be converted into NX and then sold to players(Provided that's their intent with Prepaid Nexon) The possibilities of knowing of you acquiring the item that you wish to purchase are in question. Will you receive the item? Will the user even send you the correct item? Or will the user simply take your money and leave? Another issue is the nature of the game. It has a population. You cannot track the amount of people that can be either trusted or not. There are multitude of people with good gear or bad gear that attempt to sell Prepaid Nexon to users simply to add more in-game currency to their account.

As it stands, if you attempt to purchase NX related items from a player you have to wait for someone to send you a cod and you pay the said cod in hopes of receiving the item you have paid for. There are no alternatives. This is simply a gateway for users to easily acquire currency from other users through devious means and needs to be amended. Currently in the depot you cannot gift some items so they cannot even be sold to other users, whereas some others, you are able to. However, you cannot list any of said items to the marketplace BUT you can gift them. I do not understand the reasoning behind this and it needs to be changed.

Thus, Nexon needs to start changing the way depot works and start allowing users to list their purchased goods onto the marketplace that you are currently able to Gift to other users or simply allow all of the items to be purchased by Nexon credit or prepaid and list them on the marketplace.

Alternatively, Nexon needs to start enforcing rules regarding a very obvious fraudulent mechanic that steals in-game gold from other users with devious intent. This is simply promoting the said behavior when you are not regulating your own function in a game and allowing the users to exploit other users due to the negligence of Nexon.

Lastly, as an European player, the server had a very advantageous mechanic that was called the Tir Coin. This avoided such issues relating to the Depot and it allowed users to purchase said Tir Coins from the marketplace and use the currency to purchase items from the depot. Because of this, NX scamming was next to non-existent in the European server under the European management. We used to have a trusted NX seller list on the forum just to simply know who to trust and not, but with the introduction of the tir coin there was no longer such fear and players were no longer abused by people with fraudulent intent.
Jinyie
  1. What should Nexon do?27 votes
    1. Resolve claims with fraudulent NX selling transactions(strictly NX selling)
       0% (0 votes)
    2. Permit more items to be sold directly to the marketplace
       37% (10 votes)
    3. Both
       63% (17 votes)

Comments

• JinyieJinyie
    Vindictus Rep: 1,830
    This was something I could never understand why they would not implement in NA. I believe somebody explained to me why this woube a bad idea, but I forget and still support the idea of protected NX item/cash transactions for gold. I’m coming to the same conclusion that people would be less likely to resort to gold buying websites. Players will have a safe and legal way to make gold while Nexon receives additional revenue that would have otherwise gone to a third party. Can someone please explain whether this would negatively affect gacha sales or whatever is the main profit item. There would be no need for resolving fradulent NX selling claims if it was not an issue in the first place.
  • KarijunaKarijuna
    Vindictus Rep: 2,675
    Just bring Tir Coins back.
    I never really understood why they weren't a thing in NA, other than a claim that there was supposedly an exploit involving them, but then EU wouldn't have been able to keep them until the bitter end.
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    At the beginning actually plenty of NX items were tradeable on market. Despite fact all of these items are obtained by purchasing using NX Cash, their prices (as in gold:nx ratio) varied a lot, and often there was situation when the buyer's demanded item wasn't even on sale. TIR Coin solved that issue, also allowing to fast and safely get gold for NX. Without that, it's more troublesome for both parties, and a window for illegal parties to sneak in (scammers and gold sellers).

Given that Vndictus team has seemingly changed, it's worth to bring this subject again: http://forums.vindictus.nexon.net/discussion/4439/tir-coin-cash-goodies-for-everyone
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    It's strange that even after finally implementing airtight items in gotcha boxes they still haven't made regular depot items able to be purchased and resold in airtight versions. It's pretty much the norm in almost all other titles: BDO, GW2, SWTOR, Warframe, TERA, etc., to be able to buy cash shop items and sell them in some way directly to other players. Games like Warframe have issues because they refuse to properly implement a means of valuating their in game and cash shop currencies properly, but most function well and allow players to more or less sell cash shop items directly for gold/credits and kill any incentive for players to ever deal with shady sellers or gold buying sites.

Maybe one day Nexon will fully get with the times and stop hemorrhaging cash that could otherwise be in their coffers.
  • ProR2D2ProR2D2
    Vindictus Rep: 2,085
    edited August 11, 2018
    Stop asking Nexon to be foolish like they were on the past. NX selling should be done at players own risk. Blaming Nexon if you become scammed is immature and just making tantrums.

Deal with it and stop being an european baby.

Nexon can improve the Depot system, but going after average NX sellers is never the solution.
    Heres some images for you Nexon so you don't become your past self:
    Dj52PX1X0AUIrrl.jpg
    BqDt-6tCIAM0bAZ.jpg
  • DrusaDrusa
    Vindictus Rep: 2,100
    Asinine.
  • clickhereclickhere
    Vindictus Rep: 500
    edited August 10, 2018
    Block Ban and Report NX sellers and NX selling. Obvious reasons is because it is a scene for a scam. NX should be used for the player who buys it. And they can do whatever they want with it. Gifting NX a player should not expect to receive in game gold for the items they gift. This is how the current system is. Spending real money to have in game gold is still possible by listing some NX items on the marketplace. I don't see a problem with the current system.
  • ProR2D2ProR2D2
    edited August 10, 2018
    clickhere wrote: »
    Block Ban and Report NX sellers and NX selling. Obvious reasons is because it is a scene for a scam. NX should be used for the player who buys it. And they can do whatever they want with it. Gifting NX a player should not expect to receive in game gold for the items they gift. This is how the current system is. Spending real money to have in game gold is still possible by listing some NX items on the marketplace. I don't see a problem with the current system.
    Sure, blame Nexon becomes you got scammed. What a cry baby. Don't make deals with them if you don't trust them. Simple as that.

"Report NX seller because they can scam me! Help me momy"
    chicken_head_with_sunglasses.gif
    GhengisJohn
  • SirRFISirRFI
    ProR2D2 wrote: »
    Stop asking Nexon to be foolish like they were on the past. NX selling should be done at players own risk. Blaming Nexon if you become scammed is immature and just making tantrums.

Nexon can improve the Depot system, but going after average NX sellers is never the solution.
    That means no improvement at all and only does harm to the community.

Block Ban and Report NX sellers and NX selling. Obvious reasons is because it is a scene for a scam. NX should be used for the player who buys it. And they can do whatever they want with it. Gifting NX a player should not expect to receive in game gold for the items they gift. This is how the current system is.
    First to put things straight - the author didn't mean literal "gifting NX", because that's forbidden and nobody really does that in EU. It's all about pure "gift me that depot thing (which cost NX) in exchange for my gold", which IS ALLOWED. Yes, there is and always been a risk in such trades - nothing new really.

Spending real money to have in game gold is still possible by listing some NX items on the marketplace. I don't see a problem with the current system.
    It's never been enough, even with current airtight things from random boxes. Some things are simply not available or the prices are inflated due to their market demand. If it wasn't tough enough for the customers, it is also for potential sellers - a lot of people actually never buy random boxes, because they don't like gambling. In such case "exchanging" NX to gold via selling depot gifts is the only way to get fixed amount of gold (say 10k NX = 15M). Of course the risk-based process is bothersome to many, some plenty people don't do it at all, therefore wasting potential income to Nexon.
  • ProR2D2ProR2D2
    edited August 11, 2018
    SirRFI wrote: »

That means no improvement at all and only does harm to the community.
    The only thing that harms the community is going after NX sellers, because then average players who have issues buying directly and have gold won't be able to buy NX from their friends, guild, or players with referals.

All because players like you get scammed and can't handle it and blame Nexon who has no responsibility. Stop being crybaby.

giphy.webp

• RhapsodyOfFireRhapsodyOfFire
    Vindictus Rep: 5,375
    Because in every decent MMO you can trade your items freely even after you've bought them from the market or you've used them, and it didn't hurt the incomes of those MMO companies at all. It's clear why people demand the same thing in this game. Only sheep people with 1-bit brain won't understand it.
  • SirRFISirRFI
    All because players like you get scammed and can't handle it and blame Nexon who has no responsibility. Stop being crybaby.
    To be clear - I didn't get scammed, not that it's uneasy to happen - the deal is usually to pay the cod first. While it's rather obvious to not buy from low level / poorly geared people, getting scammed from "rich" ones can be a thing since there's no backfire any more. TIR is a perfect solution, but I don't expect it to be understood by someone actually protecting scammers and being rude for no particular reason. I say we heard your opinion, thanks for contributing.
  • CedricCedric
    Vindictus Rep: 1,355
    edited August 13, 2018
    NX selling isnt smt legal from the beginning... When EU merged with NA everyone was scared that it will be bannable (because in NA wasnt legal) but they seem to "close an eye" on this because everyone on EU was used with this trade and it coulda be a mess to ban all the ppl involved into this trade system (including veteran whales) and also it gives them profit.

Therefore this whole nx trading for in game gold between players isnt very legal so both sides that are involved in this trade have to accept the consequences and risk on their own. Nothing nexon should do about it aside to ban the seller because is not legal lol.

• JinyieJinyie
    We just gave some reasonable points as to why it should be legal. Stop telling us that it’s illegal lmao. Kind of implied. Somebody give a valid reason why the current system is just fine. I don’t even touch the nx cash system anymore nor am I from EU and I’m still not against the idea here.
  • CedricCedric
    edited August 13, 2018
    Did i said im against or not? or i said is not good for ppl to trade nx like that? i dont think so. I simply stated the facts. Its against their rules to allow nx selling so its illegal and i say it as many times i want! What are you going to do ?

• JinyieJinyie
    Nothing at all especially since you're acting so childish lmao but nice attempt at convincing me. Refer back to what I said and if you still don't understand you can reply with the same response as many times as you need to feel like you're right. Whatever the outcome, this really doesn't affect me so I'm not even mad about this unlike some people.
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Cedric wrote: »
    NX selling isnt smt legal from the beginning... When EU merged with NA everyone was scared that it will be bannable (because in NA wasnt legal) but they seem to "close an eye" on this because everyone on EU was used with this trade and it coulda be a mess to ban all the ppl involved into this trade system (including veteran whales) and also it gives them profit.

Therefore this whole nx trading for in game gold between players isnt very legal so both sides that are involved in this trade have to accept the consequences and risk on their own. Nothing nexon should do about it aside to ban the seller because is not legal lol.
    Actually the whole situation was (and might be still) misleading - NA considers term "NX selling" as literally selling the gift card codes, which still hold real-money value, and therefore can be used also outside Nexon games. For EU people instead this term means trading depot goodies for gold. That said, the whole discussion was from EU perspective.
    To the point though - is it legal? Yes, it is:
    Ehgess wrote: »
    Trades using ONLY in-game currency is allowed. "Gifting" for gold is permitted; however, we cannot enforce this trade between players and you do so at your own risk.

We strongly recommend you use existing marketplace features to avoid such risks.
    http://forums.vindictus.nexon.net/discussion/comment/18443/#Comment_18443
    Drachus
  • CedricCedric
    Im sure in NA wasnt legat until the merge happened with EU.

In any case it is very easy to solve this issue by simply making all the depot items tradable and allow us to list any of them in marketplace. But that wont happen because somehow they think that way they can force us to charge nx and buy those stuff from cash shop, right?
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Im sure in NA wasnt legat until the merge happened with EU.

In any case it is very easy to solve this issue by simply making all the depot items tradable and allow us to list any of them in marketplace. But that wont happen because somehow they think that way they can force us to charge nx and buy those stuff from cash shop, right?
    In the end, someone would have to get that NX to list depot items on market anyway. Also, there's better solution: http://forums.vindictus.nexon.net/discussion/4439/tir-coin-cash-goodies-for-everyone/p1

It worked very well in EU, but as part of migration - was removed. Basically, you spend NX to get TIR, which is another in-game currency that can be used to buy same stuff as NX. It's tradeable only once, like Airtight stuff.
  • RhapsodyOfFireRhapsodyOfFire
    Vindictus Rep: 5,375
    But that wont happen because somehow they think that way they can force us to charge nx and buy those stuff from cash shop, right?

Not really, because you still have 1 piece of that item that you can give away to another player, then you'll have to buy another one if you want it back, but to supply every player on the server with the same item everyone has to buy that item with real cash. Nexon's profit wouldn't be affected by this.

The real reason is, actually there are two reasons for their current system, one is the unbind potion, that's like a tax paid to Nexon whenever someone wants to sell their own gear. The second reason which is quite stupid is to keep you active in the game to farm for mats because you can't sell the ones you've bought from the marketplace. If they allowed the free trading of those items then less people would be active in the dungeons and more people would be active in the marketplace exchanging those mats with each other.

Just simple sly tactics by a greedy company.