[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

is this game dying?

Comments

• MisterWhiskersMisterWhiskers
    Vindictus Rep: 2,615
    edited February 16, 2018

I recently geared a full dully +10 char, fully enchanted on every slot, +10 weapon, and it's still about half as weak as my main with a +15, if even. My main is still in full 90 gear and it's more than twice as strong because of that one weapon. I have dreadful luck, I know I'm never getting past +12 again, so at best it'll be 60-70% as strong as my main, and in that case what's the point?

I don't know how to deliver these news but if you have a +15 you're supposed to be strong.Not everyone on server has them and not everyone can afford to have that luck consistently
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    For me, it's getting a little more boring than ever before. I'm not saying that because it's getting old, or because I'm grinding the same stuff, that was always the case and I didn't mind it then either. It's this stupid AD thing making me unable to play other characters.

I used to able to gear a character out to be ~80% as strong as my main in just a few weeks of light farming. +10/11 used to be more than enough to place first in damage against all but the best geared and most skilled players.

I recently geared a full dully +10 char, fully enchanted on every slot, +10 weapon, and it's still about half as weak as my main with a +15, if even. My main is still in full 90 gear and it's more than twice as strong because of that one weapon. I have dreadful luck, I know I'm never getting past +12 again, so at best it'll be 60-70% as strong as my main, and in that case what's the point?

In the same fight, with about the same skill level playing each char, I can finish in 5 minutes on my main with a +15 and over 15 minutes on my new character with a +10.

The only gear that really matters now is the weapon enhancement, and maybe your defense level. There's nothing to aspire for, nothing important to farm. Enchants aren't all that rare, and at best they're a 1% dps change, aside from the cheapest ones (Chaotic, temporal, stigma, valor). Balance is mathematically pretty close to useless with high AD. Crit is fairly easy to cap. Releasing the damage cap is incredibly expensive for a trivial gain. No matter what I put on my alt, only one thing will bring it close to my main, enhancing that weapon.

It's boring playing one character. It's boring pouring all my money into the RNG adventure instead of gradually raising power through scrolls and stuff. It's boring to play well at +10-12 and get absolutely destroyed by +13 and up, to the point where you wonder why you even joined the boat.

It used to be somewhat offset by people making gear, but that's certainly not anything like it was anymore either. Not even 10 total high enhance Dulla weaps on the entirety of the MP with essences more available than ever with Aes and prices down for base OJs. Also sat and watched a Dulla boat go unfilled for quite a bit while waiting for my login countdown to end, so even that's apparently lost its charm. Blute needs to get here quickly, and after that the events need to be more geared towards keeping players around.

Other things to do and more active games to play in the meantime.
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    edited February 20, 2018
    We're many updates behind now:
    -Lynn's 2nd Weapon
    -Arkana
    -Arisha's 2nd Weapon
    -Farhorn (?)
    -Ein Lacher Revamp
    -Character Revamp
    -Chapter 3 EP 1
    -Redeemers: Balor

I'm probably missing more, but the fact we're many updates behind is unacceptable. Simply put, the game lacks incentive. Money isn't being spent because rather than rewarding your players for the time/money spent, you punish them instead. Gachapons aren't worth buying because most of the time, you get zero back in returns. If I'm going to spend x amount of money, I better expect to get an equal or greater amount back in return. Booming is archaic. Most games out there have done away with such a system; It is about time Vindictus/Nexon got with the program. It would very much so explain why people are yoloing instead of buying runes because they aren't worth it. Why would I purchase runes if I knew that my item was inevitably going to be destroyed and no longer could be enhanced?
  • BownerBowner
    Vindictus Rep: 1,775
    edited February 20, 2018
    well, ain't we all dying? everything is dying so yes the game is dying but it will last for a while yet. i would like to see a massive merge of all regions though.
  • MadcobraMadcobra
    Vindictus Rep: 5,230

Bowner wrote: »
    i would like to see a massive merge of all regions though.

With the day when it will hapend we will know that game is finnaly dying lol
  • CandeCande
    Vindictus Rep: 100
    I liked more as Perilous Ruins was before Rise and in general as was the game despite the difficulty. With their Raids and their missions although some if they were repetitive.
  • CandeCande
    Vindictus Rep: 100
    A mí me gustaba mas como era Perilous Ruins antes de Rise y en general como era el juego apesar de la dificultad. Con sus Raids y sus misiones aunque algunas si eran repititivas.
  • MisterWhiskersMisterWhiskers
    Vindictus Rep: 2,615
    edited February 20, 2018
    Madcobra wrote: »

except that it won't ever happen because action games and 150 ping don't mix well
  • MadcobraMadcobra
    Vindictus Rep: 5,230
    Madcobra wrote: »

except that it won't ever happen because action games and 150 ping don't mix well

well then thats a good thing if they will ever want to kill this game they can just merge us all together :p
  • TamagoTamago
    Vindictus Rep: 5,460
    edited February 21, 2018
    The game's been dying for years. It's never going to be scrapped though and neither will Mabinogi. If they were going to scrap Vindictus and Mabinogi, they would've done so with the newest wave consisting of Dragon Nest, Atlantica, Dirty Bomb, Combat Arms, Sudden Attack, and that Ghost In The Shell game (also Audition, Kart Rider, Dungeon Fighter Online, and PopTag in the past). They use very little resources to keep Vindictus up and running, especially since battles are hosted by players and they don't have servers dedicated to that. Devcat is also part of Nexon, so they can't scrap the game anyway. Devcat's been focusing more on their newer games though, I believe. Someone also told me that they stated in a dev interview that they planned on stopping the game after season 4. I'm not sure if this means ending the game completely or just not letting the story progress further than that while still developing new content.

Also, quoting this from another thread because it's relevant:
    Tamago wrote: »
    What a huge disappointment.

Another reason to play MapleStory instead too. Despite being published by the same company, it's amazing how differently they've always treated each game. MapleStory players get patch notes before the update even arrives and are notified about future updates at least two weeks in advance. Every patch, there's a lot of new content and like 20 new events to the point that it's overwhelming too. Not to mention, they hand out free items/ permanent NX equips really often as well as Maple Points (equivalent to NX). Vindictus is just a low-resource, minimial-effort cash grab to Nexon now.
    Drachus