[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

is this game dying?

StardomStardom
Vindictus Rep: 500
edited January 16, 2018 in General Discussion
(I'm sorry if the topic is something we have all seen before. I'm just trying to form my own opinion with the community for myself.)

I have been an on and off player on Vindictus for a while now, I'm back in it and I really love the community (when it's there..?). I think the new Rise Update definitely saved a lot of things for Vindictus and it makes the early parts S1 and S2 really really fun to at least catch up to the newer Season. Even with the Rise Update though did a lot of new players really stay with it? I guess it is tough to also keep up the grind and or maybe it gets boring after you're done catching up/grinding. I'm sorry for the ranting! I just wanted to get my thoughts because I have no idea how to form my own opinion about this, I really like this game. For a 2010 game too, this game is really keeping on its tipy toes, the animation and the bosses.

Comments

• BabyDaniBabyDani
    Vindictus Rep: 1,735
    edited January 16, 2018
    people have been saying this game is dying for at least five years...but we're still doing fine. more new players would be nice, but oh well.

if you make a raid boat, it fills up so fast sometimes your friend can't get in...the marketplace is full of stuffs for sale, and when i put things up for sale, they usually sell...announcements in the lower rt corner are always popping up showing what someone got from a gacha box, so money is being spent.

also, Korea and China are thriving, so they are subsidizing game development for smaller regions like NA, so that helps us...

finally, imo no other game out there even comes close to the action combat system and the fashion of this game, despite it being over 7 yrs old! <3
    StardomAnduriZAADZ
  • DragonRiderDragonRider
    Vindictus Rep: 2,600
    edited January 16, 2018
    No, content updates (either story chapter or character weapon or extra battle) are still rolling out at least every 2 months in Korea. They just started Season 3, Episode 3, Chapter 1 on 1/11/2018.

A while back, they laid out plans to have 4 seasons total to this game, each with 4 episodes each, with 4 chapters per episode. Then there's also extra battles they add, like Nilfheim kind of stuff, such as Arkana or Balor Redeemer raid.

They just released Arisha's 2nd weapon over there too, and I think they're going to finish off Sylas, Delia, and Miri's 2nd weapons also by the end of Season 3. I predict we will at least confront Laurys (the rocheste pope guy) for their criminal conspiracies as well as Riordan for killing Gwynn finally.

By the time season 4 hits, I'm sure it will be the year 2020, and then that should last us at least 3-4 more years, maybe more. Season 4 content, I'm predicting we finally get to venture into Erinn or the place of the Gods, to confront Morrighan or Cichol Raids, as well as the other Gods. I predict the level cap will be raised to 100 by then, we'll be getting closer to rank 1,2,3 scrolls, and as for new characters to play after Miri, I don't know if they'll continue that trend in Season 4, or just use their resources to give the existing characters even more combat mechanics and moves.

Mabinogi titles are important to Devcat and Nexon, they don't just quit on them (with the exception of Mabinogi 2, which was being developed and had cool gameplay footage, but cancelled before it got released). Mabinogi 1 is STILL being updated even today, and that game is about 14 years old. Vindictus is called Mabinogi Heroes in Korea, and it has lasted a good 8 years over there so far, and is doing quite well in Korea and China gamer base. So expect trickle down over to USA and Europe regions as a result, even though we are less revenue for them.

The only way this game will die is if they completely stop making money in our region.
    Kirtanna
  • CashewsCashews
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255
    The game still updates, and people still play it. That's all you can really ask for at a bare minimum level. It'd be nice to have a much larger community like some other games but for the type of game it is it's in a pretty reasonable state. Like someone else said if you want to do a quick battle for the extra drop it can actually be hard to get all 3 of your friends in sometimes before a slot gets stolen. The only real downside that has come with the dwindling player base is that it's gotten a lot harder to find enhanced/enchanted gear actually for sale (what little gets made either gets boomed trying for something better or simply used).
    Amenari
  • MadcobraMadcobra
    Vindictus Rep: 5,230
    edited January 16, 2018
    the longest dying i have ever seen in my life , i hope that if my time will come i will die 5 years too :P
  • uncledolanuncledolan
    Vindictus Rep: 955
    it's been dying for ages
  • DeviaPuellaDeviaPuella
    Vindictus Rep: 915
    Game's been ded since October 2010 huehue
  • BowtacojrBowtacojr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,545
    Oh look, this thread again. You could have just searched "ded/dead" and gotten your answer.
    Stardom wrote: »
    I have no idea how to form my own opinion about this

It's been dying since season 1, but does it really matter?

Whether or not a game will die in the future shouldn't detract from how you feel about it now while there are players.

And making these threads is a self fulfilling prophecy, talk about how dead a game is and eventually all the people that still would have come back will believe you and stop coming back, even if the game wouldn't have died.
  • MisterWhiskersMisterWhiskers
    Vindictus Rep: 2,615
    Bowtacojr wrote: »

And making these threads is a self fulfilling prophecy, talk about how dead a game is and eventually all the people that still would have come back will believe you and stop coming back, even if the game wouldn't have died.

These questions always appear when players come back to an old game after a long time.The problem is the idiots who keep preaching that the game is dead just because THEY want to see it dead
    StardomMuyariStormCrusherAmenari
  • PuppymanPuppyman
    Vindictus Rep: 3,055
    zombie game
    PrettyyPrototypemindStormCrusher
  • X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
    Vindictus Rep: 1,795
    edited January 17, 2018
    Game is far from dead. Even if it were dying, the server merge solved a lot of the issues a dead game would bring. Sure, I have a lot of guildies that haven't signed back in in over 2 years, but that doesn;t mean the game is dead. It just means some old players have left. In theory, new players are replacing them.

All this game needs is reduction to Add Damage, make enhancment a little more forgiving, and bring some hero mode back to early season stuff that RISE rekt, and fix a lot of bugs (ok, nexon really fails on this one I have to admit), and this game would be in the best spot it's been in a while. For reference, I've been playing since the SAO event (whenever that was...)
  • SexyWaterMelonSexyWaterMelon
    Vindictus Rep: 860
    edited January 17, 2018
    It's not worth playing the game anymore unless they reduse or remove add damage.
    Only the whales enjoy the game now.

Icygoddess
  • MisterWhiskersMisterWhiskers
    Vindictus Rep: 2,615
    edited January 17, 2018
    It's not worth playing the game anymore unless they reduse or remove add damage.

you've been saying that on every comment almost

get a +13 lvl90 weapon and stop sucking; you can play the game just fine with 3k AD
    PrettyyStormCrusher
  • SexyWaterMelonSexyWaterMelon
    Vindictus Rep: 860
    Not enough
  • uncledolanuncledolan

apparently they are bored being a whale either
  • X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
    +13 lvl 90 way to go. Even alts can get one with Seal Shop. Just wish the stones applied to Lvl 90 ARMOR as well as wepaosn +haha
  • BowtacojrBowtacojr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,545
    you've been saying that on every comment almost

get a +13 lvl90 weapon and stop sucking; you can play the game just fine with 3k AD

They're not going to acknowledge the paths that Vindi gives to free players that allow them to progress, because it conflicts with their desperate belief that this game only caters to p2w players.

This is can also be referred to as: stubborn stupidity/tired nonsense.
  • RhapsodyOfFireRhapsodyOfFire
    Vindictus Rep: 5,375
    edited January 18, 2018
    Puppyman wrote: »
    zombie game

That's what i thought of too, an undead game. Since Rise this metaphor fits it very well since zombies are usually capable of a single task, and the game currently only offers a single task of spamming the same raids/dungeons every day. Probably that's why some people only find fun in the dps competition.
    PrototypemindStardomMuyariStormCrusherAmenari
  • CashewsCashews
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255

I actually enjoy the game a lot more when raids take longer than 2 minutes. Seems to me being a whale with +15 everything would make everything a lot less interesting.
  • ArcticAzrealArcticAzreal
    Cashews wrote: »

I actually enjoy the game a lot more when raids take longer than 2 minutes. Seems to me being a whale with +15 everything would make everything a lot less interesting.

Completely agree did bce today and was actually bored with it my swords only a +12 but i was kinda annoyed with how easy everything dropped i lost my mood pretty fast after that. Lol
  • X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
    That's one of the things I really hate about Additional Damage. It's so overpowering that it trumps all skill. It trumps all Titles. It even trumps investment into accessories. It even trumps lvl 95 gear if you can get a lvl 90 with higher enhancement. It's so OP that if you do manage a +14 or greater wepaon, most raids become trivial and boring. It used to be you became OP GRADUALLY with slow gear progression, getting good accessories, accumalating titles, etc.

Now you get good by rolling the dice and hoping for +14 >

The fun is in the journey, and when the journey is instant boom or bust, you negate a lot of the enjoyment. Making all those other things matter again by reducing additonal damage is the only way to go. I just wonder how long it will take nexon to realize this....
    BabyDaniIcygoddess