[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

is this game dying?

Comments

• ArishanteArishante
    Vindictus Rep: 1,280
    X1Guts1X wrote: »
    That's one of the things I really hate about Additional Damage. It's so overpowering that it trumps all skill. It trumps all Titles. It even trumps investment into accessories. It even trumps lvl 95 gear if you can get a lvl 90 with higher enhancement. It's so OP that if you do manage a +14 or greater wepaon, most raids become trivial and boring. It used to be you became OP GRADUALLY with slow gear progression, getting good accessories, accumalating titles, etc.

Now you get good by rolling the dice and hoping for +14 >

The fun is in the journey, and when the journey is instant boom or bust, you negate a lot of the enjoyment. Making all those other things matter again by reducing additonal damage is the only way to go. I just wonder how long it will take nexon to realize this....

Isn't is too late though? i look around and i see a lot of people with +13/14 armor and 14/15 weapons. How can we go back to what we had when they spent buckets of cash/gold to get there? Not to mention the emotional duress of enhancing.
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    Arishante wrote: »

Isn't is too late though? i look around and i see a lot of people with +13/14 armor and 14/15 weapons. How can we go back to what we had when they spent buckets of cash/gold to get there? Not to mention the emotional duress of enhancing.

While it will never happen, they could easily do the same thing they already did with lv 80 gear. IE "buff" everything which in principle nerfed everything < lv 90 that was +15.

And I know there are folks like me that would be just fine with them rolling back the AD changes/removing +16 to +20. But again they wont since they see $$.

I do wish they would publish income pre and post rise.

And note there are folks like me that haven't spent any $$ post rise and still manage to get a few +14/15. During the holidays the +11/+12 runes and then using the safeguard rune on stuff was a good method. (Use the 2x increase unbind count coupons if you failed the +13, and then reuse the +12 since it didn't fail... rinse repeat till you manage a +13 then try for +14 or better without a rune.)
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    edited January 19, 2018
    In my opinion, they should just revert AD back to pre-Rise, but at the same time let armor still gain AD. If I remember correctly, +15 was 300 AD, meaning, +15 armor would be 150 AD each. More than reasonable without breaking the game because the current formula makes the game way too easy. Keep pre-Rise AD formula with the addition of AD on armor, keep the HP on bosses post-Rise, keep +20 (just get less AD), remove the restriction of not being able to enhance after restoration. Seriously, I don't think DOL has the right to tell players on how to use the restoration system; did he design it? If people want to double boom their weapons to get materials back to make a new one, then let them.

AD is the reason so many people quit. There just way too huge a gap. With the current AD formula, seems like gear > skill. That is not the direction most people want the game to go in.

How about Nexon actually listen to the playerbase for a change? We're the ones you know, actually playing the game. We have ideas that will make you money, we have ideas that will ensure player happiness and growth, so what's going on? If you actually took the time to listen to your players, listen to their feedback, you'd probably have a larger playerbase, you'd have more players happy, happy players = spending money.

Here is a crazy idea: People want a +15 weapon? How about putting a +15 coupon in the daily mission exchange shop? 365 tickets should be more than reasonable. 1 year to get a +15? Why not? That will allow players something to work towards for.
    ArishantePrototypemindStormCrusherRedTerraBabyDaniDrachusJinyieMoonriseShadowIcygoddess
  • MisterWhiskersMisterWhiskers
    Vindictus Rep: 2,615
    edited January 19, 2018
    X1Guts1X wrote: »
    That's one of the things I really hate about Additional Damage. It's so overpowering that it trumps all skill. It trumps all Titles. It even trumps investment into accessories. It even trumps lvl 95 gear if you can get a lvl 90 with higher enhancement. It's so OP that if you do manage a +14 or greater wepaon, most raids become trivial and boring. It used to be you became OP GRADUALLY with slow gear progression, getting good accessories, accumalating titles, etc.

Now you get good by rolling the dice and hoping for +14 >

The fun is in the journey, and when the journey is instant boom or bust, you negate a lot of the enjoyment. Making all those other things matter again by reducing additonal damage is the only way to go. I just wonder how long it will take nexon to realize this....

alright,so if you did a test these days, how many players out of 100 would go straight to +14? Also if you enjoy slower raids,leave ppl who manage to get high enhance weapons alone,they might like being strong
  • Sir_RenderSir_Render
    Vindictus Rep: 1,720
    I'd say it is probably dying
    but it's dying pretty slowly

I'd say it has maybe two more years or so unless they do something that really makes people happy
  • CuraiHotaruCuraiHotaru
    Vindictus Rep: 1,240
    Rollback rise, bring back combo system so people can actually play with skill instead of facetaking the boss and deal the most dps and acting like they're the best. RIP XE
    StormCrusherSuhpremeDrachus
  • DragonRiderDragonRider
    Vindictus Rep: 2,600
    still goin strong in KR, not dyin
    Suhpreme
  • havoc23havoc23
    Vindictus Rep: 1,410
    the game has been in limbo for years lol its not completely dead but its not getting new players, only ppl left are the ones who put so much money into the game they dont wanna leave
  • DragonRiderDragonRider
    Vindictus Rep: 2,600
    havoc23 wrote: »
    the game has been in limbo for years lol its not completely dead but its not getting new players, only ppl left are the ones who put so much money into the game they dont wanna leave

actually its getting new players all the time, i run into at least 7-10 people a week that are new to the game, asking noob questions and ask for help, and thats just my experience alone -- im sure there are more than 7-10 new players a week than i'm simply not running into by happen stance or conversation.
    These new ppl i talk to didnt even know this game existed at all back in 2010 or 2011 and just recently discovered it in 2017 (now 2018)... so Vindictus is really just one of those games that wasn't well advertised that A LOT of people never discovered yet. New players trickle in all the time.
    StormCrusherSuhpremeBabyDani
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    edited February 11, 2018
    There just doesn't seem to be enough incentive. What about daily/weekly sales in depot? What about events that players really want back? I.e Golden Time, Summer Chest Event, Pocketknife, etc. What about outfits that players want? Just because NxNA can only host the game doesn't mean they can ask KR for modifications for our version of the game. Some things that work in KR obviously doesn't work here.

Not being able to enhance after restore is harsh. Why not grant an additional chance at enhancing and restore items a second time?
    BabyDani
  • desertoflamedesertoflame
    Vindictus Rep: 915
    Double booming should be brought back.
    Make it so there is an option to try and enhance restored weapons for high ap rates. (5k ap from 10-11, 10k from 11-13, and 20k from 13-15 to attempt). With the punishment of double booming (i.e gone for ever)
    This has to be made it so there are no accidental booms. Have like 4 separate warnings and a 3-5 minute waiting period (like crafting weapons) for the actual enhance.
    The warnings could be:
    1. "You are about to attempt to enhance a restored weapon, this could lead to the PERMANENT destruction of the weapon. Are you sure"?
    2. "The cost of attempting to enhance this weapon is XX ap"
    3. --Waiting period--
    4. Final warning of permanent destruction

4.5. Regret

Or/and remove permanent destruction of +14 and under weapons. Because as it is right now you have two options. Save gold for a still viable +14/15 90 or get extremely lucky from +12 90. The reason I am not mentioning lvl 95 weapons is because new players are more likely to get a lvl 90 since it has a +13 guarantee but do believe these changes should also go for lvl 95

Since it seems that future content will rely heavily on being able to go past +15 we must have the minimum achievable [with time and extremely high total of ap spent] enhance +15 . Especially since +13 lvl 90 guaranteed will not be enough to keep up with damage cap but can be a fall back while getting the ap to restore your boomed weapon

Make it so that any weapon +14 and under can be restored for the ap it cost to enhance after double boom

Meaning a +13, +14 double boomed [and onwards] would cost 20k ap to restore and if they wanted to attempt again another 20k (with no materials being returned on failure)

But the cap on this would be once a restored weapon has hit +15 (only weapons that have not blown-up can go past 15)
    Suhpreme
  • SuhpremeSuhpreme
    Vindictus Rep: 3,935
    yes, but we all just like to deny it
  • KarijunaKarijuna
    Vindictus Rep: 2,675
    Everything in this universe is in the process of dying. Some things just take longer than others.

But seriously. As long as this game receives regular updates, it is not dying.
    SuhpremeStormCrusher
  • havoc23havoc23
    Vindictus Rep: 1,410

actually its getting new players all the time, i run into at least 7-10 people a week that are new to the game, asking noob questions and ask for help, and thats just my experience alone -- im sure there are more than 7-10 new players a week than i'm simply not running into by happen stance or conversation.
    These new ppl i talk to didnt even know this game existed at all back in 2010 or 2011 and just recently discovered it in 2017 (now 2018)... so Vindictus is really just one of those games that wasn't well advertised that A LOT of people never discovered yet. New players trickle in all the time.

u get new ppl but they dont stick around, use to be ppl said it was to hard and to much grind now ppl say its to easy and they get bored
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235

Most new players do not stick around for very long. You might see more new level 90s these days but they do not tend to stick around for long enough to get a +10 OJ level 90, let alone a +13 level 90.

Most of my friends that i managed to convince to come back and give it a try log in, do a few raids, look at seal shop costs, then decide they cannot be bothered farming seals and quit.
  • SomeguywashereSomeguywashere
    Vindictus Rep: 1,205
    Merging continen ts prolong Vindictus's life span quite so. However the community is extremely small to contain NA,EU and AUS players. Vindictus is on life support. not dead, yet not living well.
  • DrachusDrachus
    Vindictus Rep: 1,880
    Depends on the server. EU is more dead than it ever was before.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    EU was definitely hurt with all the additional region locking that came with the merge to NA management.
    StormCrusherLoLoBooty
  • KarijunaKarijuna
    Vindictus Rep: 2,675
    Also, the EU population was sort of hurt by the fact that they didn't exactly communicate the merge correctly. A friend of mine wasn't playing during the time where you had to agree to the character transfer and he'd now have to start over completely. Naturally, he doesn't even want to hear about this game anymore. If they had just sent out reminder E-Mails, he would probably still playing.
    I dunno how many people this affected, though.
    BoatGodTheophanu
  • WhiteSizzleWhiteSizzle
    Vindictus Rep: 810
    For me, it's getting a little more boring than ever before. I'm not saying that because it's getting old, or because I'm grinding the same stuff, that was always the case and I didn't mind it then either. It's this stupid AD thing making me unable to play other characters.

I used to able to gear a character out to be ~80% as strong as my main in just a few weeks of light farming. +10/11 used to be more than enough to place first in damage against all but the best geared and most skilled players.

I recently geared a full dully +10 char, fully enchanted on every slot, +10 weapon, and it's still about half as weak as my main with a +15, if even. My main is still in full 90 gear and it's more than twice as strong because of that one weapon. I have dreadful luck, I know I'm never getting past +12 again, so at best it'll be 60-70% as strong as my main, and in that case what's the point?

In the same fight, with about the same skill level playing each char, I can finish in 5 minutes on my main with a +15 and over 15 minutes on my new character with a +10.

The only gear that really matters now is the weapon enhancement, and maybe your defense level. There's nothing to aspire for, nothing important to farm. Enchants aren't all that rare, and at best they're a 1% dps change, aside from the cheapest ones (Chaotic, temporal, stigma, valor). Balance is mathematically pretty close to useless with high AD. Crit is fairly easy to cap. Releasing the damage cap is incredibly expensive for a trivial gain. No matter what I put on my alt, only one thing will bring it close to my main, enhancing that weapon.

It's boring playing one character. It's boring pouring all my money into the RNG adventure instead of gradually raising power through scrolls and stuff. It's boring to play well at +10-12 and get absolutely destroyed by +13 and up, to the point where you wonder why you even joined the boat.
    LoLoBooty