[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Worth coming back post-rise?

DonGloverDonGlover
Vindictus Rep: 325
in General Discussion
Thinking about coming back because I really adored Vindictus' incredibly good combat for years. I absolutely loved the pre-rise Neahmain fight, and I truly feel like the players who got to experience that content as it was got to experience an absolute gaming gem. I kind of treasured it. Anyway I destroyed my weapon and quit when the rise patch notes came out because it seemed like it was going to be a trainwreck of an overhaul, but my question to the community is: how did it turn out? I really miss fighting Neahmain, specifically. Is it worth going through the process of re-gearing and catching up to experience current content? Is Neahmain herself a super easy 5 minute fight that isn't going to be satisfying at all? I know that "log in and see for yourself" is going to be a popular and reasonable answer, but I know Vindictus, and I know grinding up a new raid worthy weapon is going to be a significant chore, and I'm not going to bother at all if the responses here are discouraging. So real talk peeps, recommend or nah?

Comments

• EnigmaTaroEnigmaTaro
    Vindictus Rep: 3,815
    Worth coming back to try out miri for new combat style, or it'll just feel the same like always.
    Sir_Render
  • PlaksterPlakster
    Vindictus Rep: 1,705
    edited November 29, 2017
    lol 5 min neam you say dont think even with the top 8 pro neam runners, it wont take 5min if they can i want them to set it up and make a video for it.
  • DonGloverDonGlover
    I wasn't being literal. I was asking if it's been grossly trivialized by the Rise update
  • PlaksterPlakster
    Vindictus Rep: 1,705
    edited November 29, 2017
    nope it still a annoying raid to do i can tell you that. that what i think, im at 75 clear there have being time where the party have failed too
  • DonGloverDonGlover
    That's honestly really encouraging to me :D
  • BatSnacksBatSnacks
    Vindictus Rep: 680
    That being said, literally Everything else in the game has died a horrible death. For years I loved logging in and playing hero mode Lionotus, Ingkells, Dragons, Havan, Juggernaut etc.. but now, "Hero" mode is literally the same as the old Easy mode (long pauses between attacks, and really slow moving). They've removed everything what made this game fun. But if all you're after is Neam and S3, then you'll be fine.
    DonGloverBlackbirdx61BloodAngel
  • MisterWhiskersMisterWhiskers
    Vindictus Rep: 2,615
    BatSnacks wrote: »
    That being said, literally Everything else in the game has died a horrible death. For years I loved logging in and playing hero mode Lionotus, Ingkells, Dragons, Havan, Juggernaut etc.. but now, "Hero" mode is literally the same as the old Easy mode (long pauses between attacks, and really slow moving). They've removed everything what made this game fun. But if all you're after is Neam and S3, then you'll be fine.

that is your opinion

not everyone liked to run oldschool hero raids all day
    you people just have to let it go; these raids werent the main point of vindictus
    PlaksterDokkun
  • BatSnacksBatSnacks
    Vindictus Rep: 680
    edited November 30, 2017
    I didn't say i ran it all day. Its something i liked to do (solo or with friends) while i wasn't raiding or playing end game, FOR FUN. My point was the bosses themselves have NO satisfaction or challenge to them at all.. They could have left Hero mode alone at least. Can you honestly name One thing whats improved since Rise, other then Enchant/Enhance Shards? In any case, what you think the point of Vindictus was is your opinion too.
    ReziPrototypemind
  • ReziRezi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,585
    BatSnacks wrote: »
    In any case, what you think the point of Vindictus was is your opinion too.

The original developers of DevCat said they wanted to make a challenging action game unlike any other.

Now that challenge is gone and the action is just stats, because of Rise.
  • havoc23havoc23
    Vindictus Rep: 1,410
    that rise update changed alot of things that i felt didnt need to be changed why get rid of 8 man raids ? and hero mode and making it so u cant enhance a weapon after u revive it ? they dont fix the problems that need to be fixed but then fuq with things that didnt really need to be fixed
  • NecrochildNecrochild
    Vindictus Rep: 3,325
    They finally did a server merge after the population sunk post-RISE. There's you're answer.

If you want to play hours upon hours of now trivialized content to get to the point where your Miri is Nemhain viable, more power to you.
  • Blackbirdx61Blackbirdx61
    Vindictus Rep: 1,355
    edited December 2, 2017
    Im a new player, As I mentioned in another thread, I just took my hands off the keyboard for like a min, and 6 lv 30 Gnolls just stood there snarling at me. They've certainly nerfed the leveling process; With the new mercenary there seems to be some interest in reviving this game, and I very much hope nexon realizes Rise was a mistake and reverses course on difficulty. Mobs that actually try to do me harm, is that too much to ask? And seriously, should one have to ask. Even in a silly game like C9 I can unlock 4 tiers of difficulty even in beginner zones. Come'on Devs. I've been told Season 3 was less effected so Im trying to work my way to the good stuff.

To be Fair the Bosses still fight, and are getting to be nicely challenging.
    Rezi
  • BowtacojrBowtacojr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,545
    It's always worth it to come back to afk in channel 1.
  • DrusaDrusa
    Vindictus Rep: 2,100
    If you enjoy Vindictus for what it is, it is always worthwhile to come back to. Old content is irrelevant and that applies to any other MMO.

Don't bother listening to a scarce minority who used to do those hero mode raids.
    MisterWhiskersBlackbirdx61BabyDani
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    If your focus is S3 content and you can deal with mostly 4 player runs then you're golden. The community is incredibly small, so a lot of the social aspects have been lost. We just had a merge and the amount of high enhancement/pre-enchanted items are pretty sad. Intermediate gearing is the easiest it's ever been but so much of the game being gutted, and that combined with additional region locking and no more direct launch blocking people that Nexon's launcher won't work for and who can't use Steam or who have multiple accounts has killed the community.

They didn't merge the servers because the game was teeming with players. That said, you can find at least nightly groups for all S3 content, so you're good if that's your aim.
    ReziBatSnacks
  • ReziRezi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,585
    That said, you can find at least nightly groups for all S3 content, so you're good if that's your aim.

I just find it amazing that S3 addicts think that's the point of Vindi, despite the many years Vindi existed before S3 came out. Hero raids for S1/S2 existed because the original developers didn't want old content to be forgotten at endgame; endgame was designed around the notion that you were supposed to go back to previous areas. If anything, RISE's focus on S3 just shows how much this game has lost its original design, and I for one don't think that's a good thing. But then again, I always preferred XE's reliance on skills over statfests like RISE, so perhaps I'm just preaching to a vacuum.
    BatSnacks
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    @Rezi the OP asked specifically about Neam so that's why I mentioned it. I agree, making content irrelevant by nuking real difficulty for Hero S1/S2 has done a huge disservice to what the game was supposed to be about. The Director specifically said that the changes were designed to draw new players for whatever uninformed reason he thought that would be better than retaining those who do join and what we have now is a result of that.

I used to love going to lower content and joining with new players to help them with fights that were actually difficult for them and could even kill geared high levels if you didn't pay attention. It's sad that everything but S3 has been trivialized by slower, weaker, lower HP bosses and overtuned add damage.
    ReziBatSnacks
  • MisterWhiskersMisterWhiskers
    Vindictus Rep: 2,615
    edited December 3, 2017
    It's sad that everything but S3 has been trivialized by slower, weaker, lower HP bosses and overtuned add damage.

and once again you're speaking from veteran point of view

theres plenty of (NEW) players who don't find season 1/2 a steamroll experience

I hate something =/= everybody should hate it aswell
  • VladinoVladino
    Vindictus Rep: 2,875
    It's sad that everything but S3 has been trivialized by slower, weaker, lower HP bosses and overtuned add damage.

and once again you're speaking from veteran point of view

theres plenty of (NEW) players who don't find season 1/2 a steamroll experience

I hate something =/= everybody should hate it aswell

How about -> It's sad that s1/s2 hard and hero was removed, s2 bosses mechanics were removed even for party/hero mode, some armors are no longer obtainable via crafting, and about add dmg new purple +10 set is as usefull as +0 purple set before rise...
  • quietguyquietguy
    Vindictus Rep: 1,010
    Actually, its just getting to be like other mmos, where endgame is endgame and everything prior to that is learning your character. Maybe in this manner, players wont need OP gear to participate in endgame content. Endgame gear(lvl 90, with enchants) may still be necessary, but +12 or higher full oj everything with r7 enchants wont be needed to not be a piece of carpet.