[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Worth coming back post-rise?

Comments

• PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    It's sad that everything but S3 has been trivialized by slower, weaker, lower HP bosses and overtuned add damage.

and once again you're speaking from veteran point of view

theres plenty of (NEW) players who don't find season 1/2 a steamroll experience

I hate something =/= everybody should hate it aswell

Please do show them to me. I couldn't find any S2 boats on the board last night other than people doing story instances like Just to be Sure. I wanted to do some old bosses, but if you don't see any boats then odds are your boat is just going to sit as well. Since they've taken S2 raids out as raids there's no quick way to filter to them because there's not enough to cover them and S3 with the limited number of favorites. S2 has been dying since Rise launched, especially as most of the vets can just solo it with all the add damage.

Rise has broken so much of what allowed community in Vindictus. No, there aren't plenty of new players who don't find S1/2 a steamroll experience because there aren't plenty of new players. Players are trickling in and they aren't sticking around. Go look at the new player section here on the forums. It was a lot more active before Rise. The Director thought his changes would bring people in but the problem is catering to new people exclusively leads to poor retention on both ends.

You're free to hate, like, or not care as you please, but S1 & 2 are trivial at this point. New players who take the time to enhance weapons and gear to +8 the way many did back in the day will cakewalk all of S1 as a group even if their skills aren't that great. Additional damage on every single hit from both weapons and armor makes everything melt. The Giant was done with a Rune Blade and a little Mana Edge action. It's a joke. The game has been made easy.
    BatSnacks
  • ReziRezi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,585
    theres plenty of (NEW) players

Where?
    BatSnacks
  • DonGloverDonGlover
    Vindictus Rep: 325
    I know I've been quiet but thanks for all the input, guys and gals. I probably will start hopping on
  • CashewsCashews
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255
    edited December 3, 2017
    Rezi wrote: »
    That said, you can find at least nightly groups for all S3 content, so you're good if that's your aim.

I just find it amazing that S3 addicts think that's the point of Vindi, despite the many years Vindi existed before S3 came out. Hero raids for S1/S2 existed because the original developers didn't want old content to be forgotten at endgame; endgame was designed around the notion that you were supposed to go back to previous areas. If anything, RISE's focus on S3 just shows how much this game has lost its original design, and I for one don't think that's a good thing. But then again, I always preferred XE's reliance on skills over statfests like RISE, so perhaps I'm just preaching to a vacuum.

Even before Rise, old content was still "forgotten" at endgame, it just wasn't entirely dead. People only ran hero mode Rocheste raids when there was an event going on for running multiple raid bosses, or they wanted to get some quick seals. Of course there's people that liked doing the bosses for the sake of doing the bosses (myself included), but there was never a need to do that, and I personally don't think there was ever a very large portion of the players that fit that bill. Outside of those events I could have sat in a Hero Glas room or a Hero Colru for like 10 minutes and not had anyone join. You could never really increase your progression by going back and visiting these raids, so the focus was always on S3. If the old director truly wanted to have people revisit previous areas, then he would've made them drop more worthwhile things. If I recall correctly, hero Colhen/Rocheste didn't even drop anything different than normal/hard.

That being said, it's entirely stupid that they removed the option. If people want to run hero mode Colhen or Rocheste raids, then let them. New players can still do what they always did: avoid it; and veterans that actually want to go back and do these raids to have fun can do so without killing the boss in 5 seconds. There was absolutely 0 point in the overhaul they did of the difficulty system. New players weren't going to do Hero mode anyway. Honestly, if they undid the difficulty changes and the additional damage changes, Rise would actually be pretty darn good in my opinion. Oh, and if the game wasn't 7 years old with a dwindling player base.
    ReziPrototypemindNavBatSnacks
  • Blackbirdx61Blackbirdx61
    Vindictus Rep: 1,355
    edited December 3, 2017
    quietguy wrote: »
    Actually, its just getting to be like other mmos, where endgame is endgame and everything prior to that is learning your character. ...

Personally, can't say that strikes me as a positive thing, I've seen that in Tera where theres no shortage of comments that lv 1-64 are meaningless and dont prepare you for lv 65; but at the same time its at least 80% of the content. No lMHO the process of getting there should have some value in its own right, or it wont adequately prepare a player for end game. I personally don't get the fascination with end game anyhow. I like to play through one or two games a year, see what the have to offer, explore new maps and move on. How many times can one play the same handful of Dungeons before it just gets tired.

Vindi's been the most fun I've had in a game in a long time, plan to take my time and maybe play through one or two toons, but a year at most and that will be done and time to explore a new world.
    BatSnacks wrote: »
    That being said, literally Everything else in the game has died a horrible death. For years I loved logging in and playing hero mode Lionotus, Ingkells, Dragons, Havan, Juggernaut etc.. but now, "Hero" mode is literally the same as the old Easy mode (long pauses between attacks, and really slow moving). They've removed everything what made this game fun. But if all you're after is Neam and S3, then you'll be fine.

Have to say I agree with Bats here in this much, I like the journey through a game, Bats enjoyed the Hero content, Others some other end game thing, point is we all get something different out of the game; and I think its a better business model, and makes for a better game to embrace that, rather than to try to dictate this here slice of the game, thats what the games about. If the game is ultimately about a half dozen dungeons save the server space and nuke the rest if its all fluff'nutter. It takes alot of work to create that fluffnutter, I think all the content should be approached with respect by the devs, it is their work after all.
    ReziBatSnacks
  • wisteriabonsaiwisteriabonsai
    Vindictus Rep: 100
    @ OP

Just as you, i came back after 9 month brake and what not, and i can say i love what i see, i like 4 man raids( getting 60 fps on i36100 740gt), rankings(was about time), i like that there is EZ s2 raids for quick farm and hero s2 raids for more challange , feels more casual, been playing on and off since TItan came out, its tres bien +love for hard core player there always is Neamhain, +20 Dullahan gear with lvl 95 ES, Einrach. Besides combal as always is GLORIOUS
  • AbaddanAbaddan
    Vindictus Rep: 2,320
    I don't know why everyone is writing a paragraph, it's a simple answer. I'm playing it so my answer is yes. Play and learn about the game and decide for yourself. If you want to play it then play it if not then don't.
    Dokkun
  • TiiarumiblueTiiarumiblue
    Vindictus Rep: 100
    What's leveling speed like these days? Faster? About the same as two years ago?