[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Coming Soon: North America/Australia Server Merge

[Deleted User][Deleted User]
Vindictus Rep: 6,750
edited October 16, 2017 in Official News
For the last seven years, Vindictus has served players in North America and Australia across three separate regions. In an upcoming update, tentatively planned for the beginning of November, we will be merging the East, West and Australia Regions into one North American Region! All of your characters will be automatically transferred to this new server

This new North American server will allow players across North America to better find fellow mercenaries to aid them in battle and help maintain stable Marketplace economies across the continent. Your non-raid battle quests will continue to operate on a peer-to-peer level, with PvP and Royal Army Raids hosted at our best North American location.

We know that you'll have some questions about the details of this new region and how the merge will occur. Please take a look at the FAQ below and, if your question isn't answered there, please head on over to the Official Forums and let us know!
FAQ

Q: Will this affect European characters?

A: Aside from the downtime required by the upcoming Server Merge maintenance, Europe will be unaffected by any aspects of the server merge maintenance.

Q: Will I keep all my characters, if I have more than 20?

A: Currently, even with purchased Character Slots, you can have a maximum of 20 characters on a server. This will still be the case after the merge, however players with more than 20 characters across East, West and Australia will retain access to all of their characters.

Q: What happens if there are multiple characters with the same name?

A: In cases of duplicate names, the character with the most playtime will retain their original name, with character creation date serving as the tiebreaker. All other characters with that name will have "EA_", "WE_" or "AU_" added to the front of their name. They will also be granted a free Name Change Coupon, so that they can select a new name at their leisure.

Q: What happens if there are multiple guilds with the same name?

A: In this case, the highest level guild first will retain their original guild name, with guild creation date serving as the tiebreaker. Any other guilds with that name will be renamed in the same manner as with characters ("EA_", "WE_" or "AU_" added to the front).

Q: What if I have pets on different servers with the same name?

A: While multiple players on the same server can have pets named the same, a player cannot have two pets named the same on the same server. In cases where the pets names are duplicated, the highest level Pet will retain its name, with the tiebreaker being when the Pet was first adopted; other pets with that name will be renamed with "EA_", "WE_" or "AU_" added to the front.

Q: What about items in the Marketplace when the merge happens?

A: When Vindictus goes down for the Server Merge Maintenance, all Marketplace entries will expire and be returned to the listing character.

Q: Will I lose any VVIP time if I have it active on multiple servers?

A: When the Server Merge occurs, we will take the time remaining on VVIP Licenses on East, West and Australia and apply the cumulative value to characters on the new North American server. So, if you have 8 days, 10 days and 2 days remaining across the servers, you'll have 20 days of VVIP active after the maintenance.

Q: What if I have Shared Storage active on multiple servers?

A: When the Server Merge occurs, the remaining duration on Shared Storage for each slot will added together, such as in the case of the below table. Items in Shared Storage will either stay in the Shared Storage or be sent to your characters via in-game mail, however we do recommend organizing your Shared Storage so that you don't have to search for the items among your characters mailboxes.

kVDcane.png

Note: Above plans are subject to change, pending potential technical limitations

Comments

• SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    edited October 24, 2017
    I have seen NA players asking for this for a while, and according to what I heard - AUS needed it. It might be messy for some time, but in the end it should be a good decision.

Please get license to publish in more Europe countries next. Significant amount of people were region blocked with EU service migration to "global" platform, there are also those who never could try the game in first place. Of course this won't bring back every single person, but regardless should increase population. See Vocal Israel for an example, but as said - there are more of such countries.
    FurielMadcobraSlothPrincess
  • AndromedaGMAndromedaGM
    Vindictus Rep: 16,875
    #Hello, good day, thanks for the information Lord @Saygo :) <3 I look forward to this update to play with new regions, always is good for the community the union, is a good desicion the merge.

OoTYC6f.gif

On the other hand I only have a doubt about what will happen in the forums section with this update, in relation to : general discussion threads, chat, market, art and guild recruitment, if the staff will join all the threads in a section or to save all our post at once if they will be erased in the future, more that we have history in the game for share to the community : material for videos , art , photos & gifs is good if the team save our threads per category with the new update.

MTBfqAN.gif

PS: Thanks for the attention and apologies for the inconvenience.
  • CinCityNewKidCinCityNewKid
    Vindictus Rep: 605
    Was talking with a friend on vindi and we came up with a couple questions.
    With the merger of W & E, Each server currently has 7 free character slots
    If your West account has 5 characters and 2 open slots and your East has 2 characters and 5 open slots do you end up with any open slots after the merger?
    Or would you have to pay for the 8th Character.
    Will there be a cutoff on character creation?

GOD! that sounds like a grammar school math problem LOL
  • BluntForceBluntForce
    Vindictus Rep: 1,065
    edited October 17, 2017
    great news! i think..

can i merge my east accounts too?

• xXSlayerXx1xXSlayerXx1
    Vindictus Rep: 520
    Welp, looks like im getting back into Vindi!!!
    Aquasol7th_Sister
  • TamagoTamago
    Vindictus Rep: 5,460
    edited October 24, 2017
    If only this happened a few years ago before most people quit.
    Anduri
  • Mirror_Mirror_
    Vindictus Rep: 840
    I'd like some clarification on character name conflicts for different servers before the merge.

When stated: "In cases of duplicate names, the character with the most playtime will retain their original name, with character creation date serving as the tiebreaker." does this mean the character's overall playtime in hours since this character was made, or the overall playtime in hours this character has had while with that name?

For instance: Someone on East has the name "John" for their character and has 700 hours played, and someone else on West has had the name "Will" for their character in the past before but has now changed their name to "John" as well. Although this person on West may have 1,000 hours played, only 300 of those hours has been while named "John". Which person's character will be chosen to receive "John" without the label of server to distinguish? The person on East with the 700 hours, or the person on West that has played more on that character, but has less time while with that name?

In my opinion, the person receiving the legitimate name, should be the person that has had the most playtime under that name or moniker. If it were to go to whoever had the most playtime regardless of how long they've had that name, it would be like someone that changes it a lot to grab a cool name, causing what would potentially steal the name away from someone on a different server who has only ever been labeled that name from their original choice in character creation.

I think I summed that up pretty well, and I hope it goes by playtime while under that name! If this needs to be redirected to support, that's fine. I'm more of hoping that the post here would help answer this for other people with og names wondering the same thing!
    7th_Sister
  • JamesGrossJamesGross
    Vindictus Rep: 2,600
    This is good guys, the server will be Mega active.
  • HerpadorHerpador
    Vindictus Rep: 945
    Will the merge come with content or is this going to act as a second RISE and push us even further behind KR?
  • JamesGrossJamesGross
    Vindictus Rep: 2,600
    Herpador wrote: »
    Will the merge come with content or is this going to act as a second RISE and push us even further behind KR?

*In an upcoming update*

It is def update along with the merge. So it will be a server merge update/event.
  • SansaSansa
    Vindictus Rep: 595
    JamesGross wrote: »
    Herpador wrote: »

*In an upcoming update*

It is def update along with the merge. So it will be a server merge update/event.

Hopefully!
  • ElleaseEllease
    Vindictus Rep: 1,625
    1. Will uncollected mail be negatively impacted in any way? For instance, I have story items on some of my characters that were delivered through mail, so I'm just making sure there's no random mail wipes I should be wary of. I also have the Rockstar items that I left in the mail, would hate to see them randomly poof.
    2. Will guild member caps be lifted/removed? 200 members is a bit small for alts and incoming populations.
    3. Is it possible for you to do some kind of multiplier on the gold that AUS members have? Their economy is drastically different, so something along the lines of multiplying their gold by something, for example 5x, during the merger might be beneficial.
    BabyDaniHerpador
  • LaxusDragSlayerLaxusDragSlayer
    Vindictus Rep: 950
    Ellease wrote: »
    1. Will uncollected mail be negatively impacted in any way? For instance, I have story items on some of my characters that were delivered through mail, so I'm just making sure there's no random mail wipes I should be wary of. I also have the Rockstar items that I left in the mail, would hate to see them randomly poof.
    2. Will guild member caps be lifted/removed? 200 members is a bit small for alts and incoming populations.
    3. Is it possible for you to do some kind of multiplier on the gold that AUS members have? Their economy is drastically different, so something along the lines of multiplying their gold by something, for example 5x, during the merger might be beneficial.

why do you have to leave rockstar in the mail?? it doesnt expire........ and you can trade threw shared storage to whoever you want <3
  • ElleaseEllease
    Vindictus Rep: 1,625
    why do you have to leave rockstar in the mail?? it doesnt expire........ and you can trade threw shared storage to whoever you want <3

The character holding the set also had a timed event item potentially in the mail. I went and logged in, starting the timer on the event item just to ensure the set, hair, etc wouldn't be lost. Still leaves the question.

Also a 4th question, I have different pins on the different servers - which PIN takes priority?
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Ellease wrote: »
    Also a 4th question, I have different pins on the different servers - which PIN takes priority?
    Possibly You'll just have to set a new one.
  • KrezzzKrezzz
    Vindictus Rep: 750
    So wait, this happens but no news about Israel being unblocked since the merge..? :/
  • MaximusMaximus
    Vindictus Rep: 1,085
    edited October 25, 2017
    Saygo wrote: »
    For the last seven years, Vindictus has served players in North America and Australia across three separate regions. In an upcoming update, tentatively planned for the beginning of November, we will be merging the East, West and Australia Regions into one North American Region! All of your characters will be automatically transferred to this new server

Note: Above plans are subject to change, pending potential technical limitations

So will this maintenance be on the first then, or the second?

Also, does that mean that the forums will be getting a major overhaul as well?
  • DianannDianann
    Vindictus Rep: 315
    Saygo, I have two question.

First one: I have a few Permanent Inner Armor Coupon that have a 7 days expiry date (bought few years ago from a sale), and I have been keeping them in Temporary NX Storage since then until I need them.
    With the merge, the Q&A says "characters from West and Australia will find items in their Temporary NX Storage screen (where Supply Depot items are first placed when purchased) sent to their inbox."
    I want to ask that will the mail contain the item will expire in 7 days or not, and where will the item inside be placed, in normal NX storage or Temporary NX Storage when taken out of the mailbox. If they expires, that mean I must use all of them in a short time, which is not what I want because I have got everything I wanted.

Second one: This account of mine got permanently banned from the game for some reason a few months ago, and then got unbanned but only on West. I can't login to the game on East. Given the merge seem to be based on East, what will happen to my account? Can I still login to the game after the merge?

Please answer me.
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Two weeks ago, we announced that we would be merging the East, West and Australia servers into one new server covering all three regions. While we have a few more tests to ensure that everything is good to go, we currently plan for the North America Server Merge maintenance to begin at 12:00 AM PST (9:00 AM CET / 7:00 PM AEDT) on Wednesday, November 8th.
    http://vindictus.nexon.net/news/26248/north-america-server-merge-update
  • LaxusDragSlayerLaxusDragSlayer
    Vindictus Rep: 950
    yay!!! i can't wait <3