[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
Does 3* (4* / 5*... ) gear really matter anymore?
For the years that I've been playing this game there has always been an undertone that anything less than 3 star quality gear was undesirable. Back then it's primary purpose was to aid the play in reaching the 2000 STR/INT/WIL/AGI caps. Over time as the game has progressed I think the impact has been minimized (but the mind-set of players has not changed). Consider how much easier it is to reach that cap:
- The increasing level cap has raised base stats
- Stats of higher level armor has raised base stats as well
- Title counts continue to grow and the title status bonuses they provide raise base stats
- The stat bonus 3* provides is negligible in the context of end-game stats
- Does 3* (4* / 5*... ) gear really matter anymore?72 votes
Yes all #3*gearmatters 28% (20 votes)
No, it's an outdated concept in most cases 11% (8 votes)
It still matters for weapons 13% (9 votes)
It's only for OCD / perfectionists 32% (23 votes)
I'm not sure one way or the other 17% (12 votes)