[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Dullahan boss! opinions? :)

SilverFenixSilverFenix
Vindictus Rep: 785
edited July 27, 2017 in General Discussion
The design of the boss Is good, well conceived. The map is also good. :)
The raid mechanics are good in themselves, the use of bombs To make his armor vulnerable is interesting, the skill of "aim" of secondary weapons of each player will be useful. ;)

It is a raid that require a perfect team work. Keep the soul away from dullahan is crucial to finish the raid. But if one player don't know what to do.. it's a nightmare.

However the boss really has fast attack movements, with a great range and a great deal of damage .. I've seen a lot of players (including me) using merc potions, party potions, and a lot of goddess grace .. a real massacre .. :o

I say ok for the high damage and the big range of the boss with sword, AOE atttack and ball range attack, but I prefer this boss a bit more "slow" in his attack movement, since it is a giant armor and not iset .. :/

What about you? Do you like the raid? What would you change about it? Shareee your comments hoohho! :s

1. Do you like new boss?46 votes
    1. Yes!! i Want more, more!! hoho! :)
       50% (23 votes)
    2. The raid is fine but it's not my favourite (nothing special) :/
       22% (10 votes)
    3. I do not like it because it's annoying :(
       20% (9 votes)
    4. I can't ever join in this fu****g raid, F**k this s**t! O.o
       9% (4 votes)

Comments

• TwilightSparkleTwilightSparkle
    Vindictus Rep: 2,440
    its been so long since we've had a way to make monies so much so that i pretty much didnt care that much about how hard was Dulla
    it was just how fast we can beat him up so i can get my drop and do it again :c its so ugh they made us wait too long imo :'(
  • NuclearChickenNuclearChicken
    Vindictus Rep: 1,385
    edited July 27, 2017
    I joined blinded (didnt know his attack patterns) on a duo with a friend and I gotta say I lve never been so "scared" of a boss in a long time. It was exciting, props to them for not making another steamroll raid

Made me use ggs and mercs, thats always a,good sign when you have to have to use those
  • EnigmaTaroEnigmaTaro
    Vindictus Rep: 3,815
    miles better than abomination's mechanics
    GewelliriousOrder5PixelPantsu
  • ZaeadrasZaeadras
    Vindictus Rep: 765
    It's actually a fun raid

that being said the requirements for Quick battle are hilarious
    it's not even that hard they should lower the attack + defense requirement by like 3-4k and the Crit/Balance requirement by 10-15
    after running it a few times i released it's not even a 95 Raid why isn't the requirement the same as the other 90 raids?
  • JeyemJeyem
    Vindictus Rep: 1,675
    One thing i wanna know can you actually kill the ghost that appears? Or are you just supposed to keep switching places whenever somebody glows orange to keep him away
  • BeepBeepImAJeepBeepBeepImAJeep
    Vindictus Rep: 1,150
    edited July 27, 2017
    It has been Fun during the first 2 runs because it's something new.

By the third time i did it in a pt of people with an higher IQ than the average European Player, i soon realized after killing it in about 10 mins that it will soon be an easy steamroll.

Neamhain still remains the most fun endgame raid at the moment. (For me at least.)
  • KourinKourin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,375
    It's the only place I can go to spend the merc pots and Graces I've been given through the last 2 years. I want more difficult content so I guess this and Neam are a start.
  • HallyHally
    Vindictus Rep: 1,985
    edited July 27, 2017
    Not a fan of it personally. Other than the ghost/bomb gimmic, it's just a sandbag to be whacked if you stay right under him. He only get "difficult" for ranged chars, who had it easy for all previous s3 bosses.
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    edited July 27, 2017
    It has been Fun during the first 2 runs because it's something new.

By the third time i did it in a pt of people with an higher IQ than the average European Player, i soon realized after killing it in about 10 mins that it will soon be an easy steamroll.

Neamhain still remains the most fun endgame raid at the moment. (For me at least.)

Yeah, it is already a steamroll with folks with ~4k ad dmg. But he does cause me to at least use my paw. Last 3 bars of red aoe phase can just be trans/killed easily.

But he is new, and I find him more fun the abom by far.
  • pine22pine22
    Vindictus Rep: 510
    I like the new raid but I am having trouble seeing the red/orange ghost indicator thing. Is there a setting I can tinker with that will make it more visible?
  • hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    It's not a magical living armor, it's a goddamn Decepticon.
    XXlockdownXX
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    The boss was very exciting on the very first try. The fake out move alone already sets it far above the other season 3 bosses. I thought Dullahan was going to slash me on my left side, but then it stops and suddenly slashes me from the right. I thought "What the heck! LOL! It just juked me!" I'll borrow Yuria100's clip to show you what move I'm talking about:

Dullahan is well-designed, but I think Vindictus is too polarized from the Rise! update to feel good about; the top characters will find it incredibly easy, but the remaining players will find the stat requirements too heavy.
  • vgfan100vgfan100
    Vindictus Rep: 2,085
    edited July 28, 2017
    I really like Dullahan so far, despite the fact that I'm getting wrecked by his combos as I'm learning how to dodge them. This boss requires communication with your teammates to keep the armor away from the box at the beginning and the soul throughout most the battle. I really like this mechanic for the challenge. Do I attack the soul to allow my teammates to damage the armor or do I go after the armor to finish the battle faster?

I look forward to seeing how people progress on this boss in the future. Should be interesting to watch. :)
    pine22 wrote: »
    I like the new raid but I am having trouble seeing the red/orange ghost indicator thing. Is there a setting I can tinker with that will make it more visible?

You have to increase the visual settings for yourself under Options. Make sure it's at a level that won't kill your frames in-game. :)
  • freeloaderfreeloader
    Vindictus Rep: 100
    I enjoy the raid a bit~ My friends and I are only 20~23k attack so it takes us about 40 minutes to clear, but it feels a bit more like a boss than the others!

As a lynn, my favorite part is the minigame at 3 and 1 bar. Jade fox and F11 while I watch my friends run around and dodge +best
  • MrGoldMrGold
    Vindictus Rep: 1,490
    edited July 29, 2017
    Karok crushes the raid mechanics of Dullahan. Don't have to bomb, or deal with the ghost. Karok's clash cancels Dullahan's shield for about 15 to 20 seconds. Been getting under 10 minute Dullahan clears by just chain clashing him with 2 to 3 other Karoks.
  • DebahrDebahr
    Vindictus Rep: 1,300
    edited July 29, 2017
    The gimmicks completely ruin this raid for me. Otherwise, fine. It's an absolute nightmare for a lot of the pub boats that I've been joining.
  • SaphreeSaphree
    Vindictus Rep: 2,280
    edited July 29, 2017
    Dullahan is really fun, and the boss that comes after him looks fun as well but he seems to be slower paced (Aes Sidhe) which somewhat makes up for Dullahan being as fast as he is :)
  • MrGoldMrGold
    Vindictus Rep: 1,490
    edited July 29, 2017
    Nah, that new boss is a push over. KR streamers were getting clears under 10 minutes on their first run of that new raid. Now they have KR player solos that are clearing it around 6 minutes.

That boss doesn't have the shield that Abomination and Dullahan have to force you into it's raid mechanics.
  • XieXie
    Vindictus Rep: 2,115
    edited July 29, 2017
    For me, Dullahan was ok, it was interesting for the first two days but he was not really difficult once I learned him. He just hits really hard.

My only complaint is "ghost duty."

Already, some pugs are dedicating only one person whose job is to keep ghost aggro while the other three dps. If the ghost teleports to one of the dps-er, they would simply run to whoever's on ghost duty so they can get the ghost aggro off them and the dps-er would run back to the boss and do whatever they're doing.

Even though it works, I don't agree with this method. For me, it feels like Lakoria's old gimmick, where one unfortunate "runner" is forced to lure the tail. It is not fun. It feels the same, if not similar with this method of "ghost duty." I want everyone to be able to get a chance to play together, not have one person left out for 95% of the run to take care of a gimmick.

Overall, I just wished pugs are more willing to take turns luring the ghost away when it teleports to them instead of making only one person responsible for ghost duty. Plus, that person can only hold the ghost aggro for a minute before it teleports to the next person. Maybe, I'm losing my patience with pugs.

Other than that, he's not bad. Third phase is amusing, reminds me of a less intense final phase Zecallion. I wouldn't mind if they made final phase longer but that's just me.

Some Dullahan tips! (Hope they were useful to you)

You can tell when the ghost is about to teleport and set her next target even if you don't have any visuals based on sounds.

1. The ghost will "scream" when she teleports and there's a one-second interval before she reappears at the next target. The one-second interval can be used to put some distance from the boss just in case she's targeting you.

2. There's also a "crack" sound when the ghost sets you as her next target, similar to the sound when you get a cursed during Ben Chenner boss fights. If you dont hear a "crack" after one-second the ghost screams, the ghost is not targeting you.
    PixelPantsuvgfan100
  • cheappariyacheappariya
    Vindictus Rep: 1,320
    Honestly its a money pit, with 13k deffense my character can take maximum 4 hits from him, feeling like playing dark souls to me.