[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

KR Server Patch Notes & More

Comments

• FioGermiFioGermi
    Vindictus Rep: 1,670
    It only took 1-2 years for Director DOL to screw things up this bad. You can't even credit the QoL changes to him since most of them were long overdue and constantly asked for by the community.
  • VinseltusVinseltus
    Vindictus Rep: 700
    LynnCUBE wrote: »
    20170707151035713.png

I think the dev is pretty mad about people doing guild runs with quick battle. He wrote the "Once again" part in highlights and what we call 'serious' font.

I don't think EU/NA cares about this but in KR, you end in the forums if you do that.

Source

I think the reason for that is because people are purposely "banning" players that join that aren't in the guild to reserve spots. The intention of Quick Battle (which I think the Director failed yet again to mention) is that it was meant to bring players who can't find parties that weren't stat required together for more casual regular gameplay. I don't think they thought this through to include a Guild Party Function (which is understandable because an invite feature is there for that reason in particular). So Hosts who would start a Quick Battle would "Ban" (aka Kick) people who were not a part of the guild which in the long run causes way more problems for the playerbase experience. So there are 2 major known choices DevCAT can do to solve this issue. Either create a way for a Guild Quick Battle cause there are some guilds that easily have 50 members and like raiding or get rid of the "ban" feature for Quick Battle. I hope more ideas come to light on this.

Edit: oh wait you already said that (I had to re-read it again). Sorry Im at work at the same time so I've been REALLY busy (which is odd cause usually it's dead).

On another note: I THINK Test Server is today as well. Not sure what time it will open since DevCAT never states these times. When it comes to light I will work on translating the important content ingame.

Personally I do choose to do quick battle is because more evil cores. I think hosting on the board is much quicker than the quick battle system, because after battle you can reattempt the battle quicker than the quick battle system :)...

also;
    ikevi wrote: »
    As long as destruction safeguard rune reduces enhancement, even just -1, and cost that many seals, it's an awful item. Never gonna buy any

After thinking about it more the only case it sort of makes sense is if you already have say a +16 weapon and manage to make a second. Then if you want to go from +16->+17 (instead of just selling...) you can and at worse you "might" get a second chance...

Not that must folks will ever manage two +15 let alone a +16 or better... And honestly it might just be better to not use it and at worse you have two +16 perma bound weapons. 1 you can scroll for say crit, the other you could scroll for speed.

OMG what a chance. First I will get 2x +16 then will try my luck without rune first and then if fails, for the other weapon +16 I should try this green rune in an unlikely chance of failing at least I would get another +15 (16-1) weapon to try my luck again to +16 then again+17 ??? very promising bro.. seriously.... this helps us grinding like hell people a great chance...Thnx for explaining bro but this sounds like a joke if you ask me.

Guys pls if you think 300 seals is not enough then make it 500 seals but please remove that enhancement level decrease -2 or -1 from that rune.... Since the rune still subtracts 1 unbind count it is not that easy to reach +20. Even so , I still dont think this is not enough to close the gap between lucky newbies and unlucky pro players. How about this, each time the same item successfully gets enhanced in a row, drop the chances of getting enhanced again and also visa versa. This will prevent the lucky players from getting ultra high gear instantly and unlucky players to fail so many times giving the next attempt a higher chance to success(using green rune). The aim is to make players buy that green rune somehow.
    At the moment Vindictus does not give me any reason to farm because current enhancement system is only based on pure luck and since I am so very unlucky, I lost my will to play the game... Maybe why not make it like you did on %100 succeess enchant scrolls too. Lets go back to former breaking weapon system, but this time a little bit adjustment. If I were to break my weapon I will go back to strange traveler and get it back via AP and next time I break the same weapon make it disappear, BUT i.e. going from +15 to +16, give me a coupon fragment which can be used on +15 to 16. collect 4 of them to get +1 character bound fergus coupon which we can use only for +15 to 16 or sth like this. Because with the current system an unlucky person will Never get a high geared item no matter how much he farms (it is impossible) unless buy them from other players (via real or ingame money) that is if someone sells any... *These are the thoughts of a guy who failed 34 times in a row enchanting single Echo Enchant scroll with an average success rate of %38 from brynn*
    Since I dont believe I can go any further beyond what I got with farming I stopped playing the game. Giving us a chance to go +20 means nothing. make it +50. what use have I need for such opportunity If I wont ever reach that. It will only make me more frustrated to see other lucky players can get it but I can't... I dont expect a system like B&S but please, make it more farm&quest depended and less luck depended.

The game is understanding its needs and developing with every aspects ok but this enhancement system which is the most important...

Long story short, I am not satisfied with this current enhancement system and my friends are really gettin in my mind and lure me into other mmorpg games which have more balance between lucky & unlucky players. I must say I am at my limit trying not to say bye bye to Vindictus.
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    Vinseltus wrote: »
    Personally I do choose to do quick battle is because more evil cores. I think hosting on the board is much quicker than the quick battle system, because after battle you can reattempt the battle quicker than the quick battle system :)....

We all do xD I think the main issue is the amount of guilds doing quick battle out weighs the amount of people just joining random parties which becomes a major problem on the KR server. Because of this those people that join any Quick Battle Party end up getting kicked in the process. DevCAT probably didn't really expect it to just bloom this far. They PROBABLY considered it would happen but idk. I just think of what possibilities not only in the mind of a gamer but thinking as a developer at the same time. Thinking on both sides of the fence. Now it's all about how DevCAT plans to fix this issue after the removal of kicking from the Quick Battle. Cause Vote kicking only does so much. xD
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    Tbh, I don't think kicking from QB is an issue here, at least, for me. Anytime I join a QB, if a host is reserving a spot for a guild member/friend, they'll let me know that they are reserving a spot and will ask me to leave. No prob. I'll just leave and find another boat or ask a friend to help.
    Dokkun
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Tbh, I don't think kicking from QB is an issue here, at least, for me. Anytime I join a QB, if a host is reserving a spot for a guild member/friend, they'll let me know that they are reserving a spot and will ask me to leave. No prob. I'll just leave and find another boat or ask a friend to help.

That's why I was talking about KR's situation and why DevCAT did what they did. Though don't think NA would have that issue too much though. But idk how the community works there anymore xD
  • LynnCUBELynnCUBE
    Vindictus Rep: 3,115
    Kevin wrote: »
    ann.png

Remember, 'Destruction Safeguard Rune' can be bought from the cash shop and the Seal of Bravery Shop! *_*)/
    Enjoy your Vindictus with the newly enhanced 'Destruction Safeguard Rune'.

Source

These can be bought in the depot? I thought they were only available in the seal shop? Might be useful if they didn't subtract unbind counts on failure.

It's available in the nx shop in kr server. I don't think NA/EU has it in depot.
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    Kevin wrote: »
    ann.png

Remember, 'Destruction Safeguard Rune' can be bought from the cash shop and the Seal of Bravery Shop! *_*)/
    Enjoy your Vindictus with the newly enhanced 'Destruction Safeguard Rune'.

Source

These can be bought in the depot? I thought they were only available in the seal shop? Might be useful if they didn't subtract unbind counts on failure.

It's available in the nx shop in kr server. I don't think NA/EU has it in depot.
    If it's the rune that decreases enhancement and unbind count on failure, aka this: YH6H36A.png, then we have it in Seal of Bravery shop for 300.
  • TamagoTamago
    Vindictus Rep: 5,460
    edited July 19, 2017

That's why I was talking about KR's situation and why DevCAT did what they did. Though don't think NA would have that issue too much though. But idk how the community works there anymore xD

But how would that solve anything?
    Because...
    Mainichi wrote: »
    Does DOL not realize that people will just completely remake the boat if all their friends/ guildies don't get in? What's he going to do after that? Remove the leave function? People will just launch then leave after launching then.
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드

But how would that solve anything?
    Because...
    Does DOL not realize that people will just completely remake the boat if all their friends/ guildies don't get in? What's he going to do after that? Remove the leave function? People will just launch then leave after launching then.

Well I did state they didn't think this through correctly on page 3 :P So even if I'm thinking on a more neutral/positive way (which I noticed kinda gets me in trouble but oh well /shrug) I also agree in the general at the end picture. Nothing was implemented to prevent such a thing from happening and something should have been.
  • LynnCUBELynnCUBE
    20170706113514273.png

Patch Notes 20.07.17

■ New raid 'Failure and Consequences' has been added to the game.
    : It is available for players over Lv. 90
    : Boss 'Aes Sidhe' appears.
    : It is limited to once per day (normally).
    : Players can obtain 'Scattered Essence of Power Box'.
    : Players can obtain 'Aes Sidhe's Sealed Power' which is used to craft rings.
    : Players will unlock the recipe for '' and '' after completing the battle.

■ Miri changes

■ Mate changes

■ Battle

- Players will be notified that they are unexperienced for certain battles before entering.

- 'Goddess' Protection' buff will now grant 3000 Addtional DMG.

- Fixed a bug where Alban Festival gave players failure message even after completing Round 20.

- Fixed a bug where party count did not show properly for Guild and Passport Redeemers.

- Transformation will not end during hook animation (3~4 weeks in a row wtf)

- Fixed a bug where players got stuck after pressing directional keys when grabbed by a monster.

- Fixed a bug where players couldn't skip cutscene after retrying without multi-process.

■ Skill

- For skills that target bosses as a primary target, will aim for the closest boss when multiple boss appears.

- Fixed a bug where Evie's 'Lightning Bolt' attacked monsters outside its range.

- Fixed a bug where Sylas' 'Active: Extinction Roar' skill didn't work on certain monsters.

- Fixed a bug where Sylas' 'Phantom Darts' skill didn't auto-aim onto certain monsters.

- Fixed a bug where ending transformation (both DK and PAL) with a object / monster grabbed, ends up fusing the player with the object / monster.

■ Story

- Chapter 2 Episode 4 Story 'Dogma' has been added to the game.

- Fixed a bug where players couldn't complete the Skill Awakening Quest properly.

- Fixed a bug where players couldn't obtain 'Flower' quest item from Song of the Plains.

- Fixed a bug where Dullahan didn't appear during the battle completion cutscene (for story quest).

■ Item

- 'Destruction Safeguard Rune' has been buffed.
    : It will now lower only one enhancement rank when failed (was 2 before).

- PC Bang item reward changes

- New box avatar bug fixes

■ Etc.

- Player ranking system has beed adjusted.
    : 1 Crit Res will give 50 points
    : 1 Title will give 5 points
    : However, only titles obtained on the character (not ID) will grant the point.

/ / /

Discussion is fine, but please don't fight and harass each other in the thread.

Source
    SirRFITetsujin
  • LynnCUBELynnCUBE
    img_cont_2_2.jpg

Dev Note: Failure and Consequences 'Aes Sidhe' - 20.07.17

Hello, this is Vindictus.
    This time, we will give you insight for the new raid Aes Sidhe.

After finding a hint of Goddess summoning, the heroes are on fire in their search.
    When reaching their destination without any difficulties, they meet the demi-god Aes Sidhe at the edge of the dimension.

20170720113434658.jpg

20170720113610440.jpg

< Cursed by the gods, Aes Sidhe became a demi-god, having to live eternally as a guardian at Erin's Entrance. >

Being a great magician in his past, he can move freely around using his dimensional powers when confronting the heroes.
    Aes Sidhe's weapon, his spear, also has the danger of dimensional power.
    Also, Aes Sidhe's portals makes everything that passes it stronger,
    making his spears even stronger and bigger.
    Watch out for his portals which may appear anywhere at anytime.

20170720113637159.jpg

20170720113658927.jpg

< Aes Sidhe's portals buffs all things that pass through. >

Aes Sidhe's dimensional power is just the beginning.
    During the battle, Aes Sidhe will create giant portals at the huge doors around the map,
    calling in his powerful underlings which will cast attacks that swipes the whole map.
    He might also go into the portal himself, and come out bigger and stronger to attack the heroes.

20170720113719349.jpg

20170720113740179.jpg

< Which monster will be summoned behind the giant doors? >

But Aes Sidhe is not a true god, but only a demi-god who was once human himself.
    Because of this fact, he himself might take damage from the mighty dimesional power.
    To find out how to cause damage to him with his own powers, try out the raid yourself!

That's all for the Aes Sidhe battle introduction.
    After this battle, the heroes will be yet one step closer to the Goddess.
    Will the emotions which Aes Sidhe feels after confronting the heroes, be happiness from release of the eternal curse, or shamefulness of his defeat?
    Whichever it is, the heroes will adventure on.

Thank you.

/ / /

Source
    SirRFIOrder5
  • SirRFISirRFI
    : Players can obtain 'Aes Sidhe's Sealed Power' which is used to craft rings.
    : Players will unlock the recipe for '' and '' after completing the battle.
    Are these the same or other rings than Dullahan?

- 'Goddess' Protection' buff will now grant 3000 Addtional DMG.
    Pathetic. It's literally +15 weapon buff, and don't forget the free +10 weapon AND armor set.

New boss: A great magician, who was once a human and attempted to summon the Goddess? Sounds much like Brynn.
  • LynnCUBELynnCUBE
    edited July 20, 2017
    Trailer

BGM
    Sounds like FF14 BGM but still good (not as good when Studio EIM made the BGMs though)

https://player.bgmstore.net/10jrK/mp4

Entrance Animation

Karok Clash

Gameplay

QB Limit (ATT limit is 30500)

i16517669175.png
    i16544106569.png

New Artworks/Models

i15461951068.jpg
    i15425420604.jpg
    i15487603051.jpg
    i15441128094.jpg
    i15495895381.jpg
    i15449908071.jpg
    i15400959671.jpg

/ / /

Personal info into the real celtic/irish lore:

Aes Sidhe is the old name for Aos Si

Aes Sidhe are comparable to fairies, and they are mostly divided into 3 categories.

Banshee (Bean Sidhe)
    i13906252284.png

Dullahan
    i13607202415.jpg

Cat Sith (Giant cat with white spots around the chest)
    i15081964981.jpg

They are thought to live in a parellel world according to the book Lebor Gabála Érenn.

(Might be wrong with the whole lore connection)

Also, it was mentioned that Lugh had a magician and a pathfinder with him when he sealed the Elchulus.
    I though the magician was Reilly but now I think it was Aes Sidhe.
    SirRFI
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Clash a red attack? Guess it's a matter of time Karoks die to it trying to clash instead, because bugs/lags/whatever.

Nice side note there.
    Anthonytonyboy
  • LynnCUBELynnCUBE
    edited July 20, 2017
    SirRFI wrote: »

Yes, I just didn't know the english names.

Clash a red attack? Guess it's a matter of time Karoks die to it trying to clash instead, because bugs/lags/whatever.

Press F to pay respect to all the Karoks dead trying to clash Regina.
  • SirRFISirRFI

혹한의 가시 - Frozen Thorn (STR; Dullahan)
    혹한의 의지 - Frozen Will (INT; Dullahan)
    혹한의 비수 - Frozen Dagger (STR; Aes Sidhe)
    혹한의 염원 - Frozen Desire (INT; Aes Sidhe)
    Names are taken from some scrolls use conditions.
  • LynnCUBELynnCUBE

Oh they are different. I thought they would be the same because their meanings are very similar.
  • LavonneLavonne
    Vindictus Rep: 1,645
    wtf such an aesthetic boss with a galaxy\dimension theme and no new outfit. Boo. :(

How hard is it to come up with a galaxy concept set...

jg5lkz.jpg
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    Also, it was mentioned that Lugh had a magician and a pathfinder with him when he sealed the Elchulus.
    I though the magician was Reilly but now I think it was Aes Sidhe.

For all I know...they could be the same person...
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    edited July 20, 2017

Oh they are different. I thought they would be the same because their meanings are very similar.

They are essentially the ring set now that we have Aes Sidhe.

There is A LOT of backtracking in the new episode. Everything still takes place in Donegal. So basically it's like Lord Glas but way more back tracking :P Blame Brynn when you thought the concept of Lionotus Pre-Rise was no longer a thing anymore.