[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

KR Server Patch Notes & More

Comments

• FioGermiFioGermi
    Vindictus Rep: 1,670
    As for the 4 man runs. Not sure about you but 4 man runs still get the job done in a rather good amount of time. If anything around the same time as 8 man. Not to mention the runs are indeed smoother performance wise. (Not sure about NA server since this is speaking from the KR server perspective so....take that with a grain of salt?.....I don't think that's the correct way to say it but yeah....you get the idea). But what I really wanna say is both the Quick Battle and the 4 Man run thing is the least of our worries in the end anyway.

Completion speed isn't the issue of 4 man runs. It's the fact that guilds can no longer partake in 8 man runs, which really kills the game for many guilds. The endgame content is just a joke now with all previous 8 man raids being nerfed into the ground to "balance" for 4 man parties. Completion time is the least of our worries in the end anyway.
  • ElyrElyr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,430
    LynnCUBE wrote: »
    20170706113514273.png

Patch Notes 13.07.17

■ Miri Nerf

Is this the fastest a character has been JUSTed in this game?
  • TamagoTamago
    Vindictus Rep: 5,460
    Does DOL not realize that people will just completely remake the boat if all their friends/ guildies don't get in? What's he going to do after that? Remove the leave function? People will just launch then leave after launching then.
    SirRFIGewelliriousPhoebeHalliwel
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    FioGermi wrote: »
    As for the 4 man runs. Not sure about you but 4 man runs still get the job done in a rather good amount of time. If anything around the same time as 8 man. Not to mention the runs are indeed smoother performance wise. (Not sure about NA server since this is speaking from the KR server perspective so....take that with a grain of salt?.....I don't think that's the correct way to say it but yeah....you get the idea). But what I really wanna say is both the Quick Battle and the 4 Man run thing is the least of our worries in the end anyway.

Completion speed isn't the issue of 4 man runs. It's the fact that guilds can no longer partake in 8 man runs, which really kills the game for many guilds. The endgame content is just a joke now with all previous 8 man raids being nerfed into the ground to "balance" for 4 man parties. Completion time is the least of our worries in the end anyway.

Not sure if NA got Hero Mode yet for S3 raids but that is a thing now for KR. It's way harder than Normal Mode by a long shot so if NA hasn't put that in yet then we can only hope it gets implemented soon. Though I would think NA has the power to change the max players for the party on their own without DevCAT since they had a different max player count for Royal Army Raids compared to KR when both regions got Ancient Lakoria KR had 24 and NA made it....12? Something like that?
  • FioGermiFioGermi
    Vindictus Rep: 1,670
    They can keep the full-sized succubus pets. I'd like my 8 man raids and difficulty back.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530

Not sure if NA got Hero Mode yet for S3 raids but that is a thing now for KR. It's way harder than Normal Mode by a long shot so if NA hasn't put that in yet then we can only hope it gets implemented soon. Though I would think NA has the power to change the max players for the party on their own without DevCAT since they had a different max player count for Royal Army Raids compared to KR when both regions got Ancient Lakoria KR had 24 and NA made it....12? Something like that?

That still doesn't bring the social interaction back to the game. 4-man only for 99% of content is garbage. There's a reason the servers look like ghost towns since this update.
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드

That still doesn't bring the social interaction back to the game. 4-man only for 99% of content is garbage. There's a reason the servers look like ghost towns since this update.

There's more than one reason why the server is a ghost town. A lot of it is not only because of the content changes. It's also the Events you guys get. The events NA throws for you aren't even remotely good enough at this point. As for the social interaction issue, idk what to tell you without things being misunderstood so I won't even go there xD
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    edited July 13, 2017
    Maybe I missed it, but doesn't the 7/12 dev note say enchant and enhance runes can now be bought with seals of bravery? Anyone know how may seals for each? This change sounded like it would be live today right?
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    ikevi wrote: »
    Maybe I missed it, but doesn't the 7/12 dev note say enchant and enhance runes can now be bought with seals of bravery? Anyone know how may seals for each? This change sounded like it would be live today right?

It's planned but not live. More than likely it will come with Ch 2 Ep 4 if it's real soon since that's next week.
  • PuppymanPuppyman
    Vindictus Rep: 3,055
    ikevi wrote: »

It's planned but not live. More than likely it will come with Ch 2 Ep 4 if it's real soon since that's next week.

If I read right, I believe they will be pairing it up with Lynn's Secondary
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    edited July 14, 2017
    - Main stories have been added.
    : Lv. 35 'About HP'
    : Lv. 55 'About Elixirs'
    Tutorials are now main story and surely contributes towards "Fate and Destiny" of Season 1. Hurrah.

- Changed the monster battle balance in Season 1 and 2.
    : Normal monsters have reduced HP.
    : Normal monsters and boss monsters have reduced HP
    How bad DevCat can be reading "buff" as "nerf" and doing the exact opposite to community feedback? The battles should be more difficult if You want to keep newcomers in the game, else they just might think "it's another MMO" and quit. Seriously, both new and bad players are telling me they enjoyed getting their ass kicked over this handicap post-Rise.

- 'Main Story' will not be hideable anymore.
    Great, now make sub-stories NOT HIDDEN BY DEFAULT. One friend returned to the game after long time, and didn't realise all sub-stories were hidden until I told him so post 70 lv - he thought they got deleted.

■ Removal of the Kick Right.
    Should give extra core for full party in normal boats as well - problem solved. In fact, Quick Battle and normal should be merged - some people are still creating normals and then ask for help on server megaphone. Nobody checks these any more, because they have Quick Battle window (all-in-one) with notifications for this.

■ Battle Help for New Players
    I warned about this! Pre S3 content is too easy, then players meet wall of (nerfed) reality in Season 3. Instead of adjusting Season 1 and 2 difficulty so players can learn the game, it's better to hold them by hand in current end-game content like baby. This is literally opposite direction the game should go. Wait until Neamhain changes, because "new players can't do that lol".

I am not one of these who talk about game being dead and stuff, but DevCat makes use of their nail gun pretty well. I wish someone forwarded all the negative feedback to them, maybe it would be a Wake Up Call before we all end like Ellis. Also make damn raids 6 man - 8 was taking a while, but 4 fills within seconds, and during "training" (as in doing raids in order, one after another) often a person from previous run doesn't make it in time, because someone else takes the slot.

In speak of "Mate" system - I noticed "Adventure friends" got renamed back to "Pets". How is this "Mate" system working like? I only saw some footage of copy-pasted Succubus, nothing else.
  • DokkunDokkun
    Vindictus Rep: 1,500
    edited July 14, 2017
    SirRFI wrote: »
    I am not one of these who talk about game being dead and stuff, but DevCat makes use of their nail gun pretty well. I wish someone forwarded all the negative feedback to them, maybe it would be a Wake Up Call before we all end like Ellis.

Theyd just mouth back saying its the players fault and just pat themselves on the back because why not
  • PuppymanPuppyman
    Vindictus Rep: 3,055
    SirRFI wrote: »
    In speak of "Mate" system - I noticed "Adventure friends" got renamed back to "Pets". How is this "Mate" system working like? I only saw some footage of copy-pasted Succubus, nothing else.

I saw a video of a Miri doing a regular Braha run with a party and a party member on her side had the succubus that just kind of stood around and got smacked by Braha. It did take a lot of smacking though.

• PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    There's more than one reason why the server is a ghost town. A lot of it is not only because of the content changes. It's also the Events you guys get. The events NA throws for you aren't even remotely good enough at this point. As for the social interaction issue, idk what to tell you without things being misunderstood so I won't even go there xD

There are plenty of us who could deal with some of the content being nerfed if we could at least still actually enjoy it in full groups with friends, guildies, and randoms. Removing 8 man has destroyed the core of what Vindi is. It's now more akin to something you invite your RL friends to co-op with you than to try and get into with people from all over. It's not a matter of misunderstanding, people both on forums and in game have lamented the change to max party size since before it released both here and in KR, correct? No one wanted this.

Those who could only host three others before had the option to launch with four people. Those who wanted an additional challenge or just liked fewer people had the option to launch with as few or as many as they like. This is just DevCat's lazy means of avoiding actual optimization and of putting pressure on players to spend money to protect gear so that they can be powerful enough to eventually tackle later content as only four player parties.

I'm not being mean, I'm being realistic, you have on rose-colored lenses when it comes to evaluation Nexon/DevCat's decisions. I don't know if this is because previously you were working so hard to get some kind of official/unofficial position as a go-between for KR and Global, but it's evident in your posts. Please try to widen your perspective and take the time to evaluate all of what is said. Some players accept the major changes, but most of those who are happy about them are the ones who only ran solo or in small groups to begin with. This update has very much been for the worst.
  • LynnCUBELynnCUBE
    Vindictus Rep: 3,115
    edited July 14, 2017
    ann.png

After 20.07 update, 'Destruction Safeguard Rune' is getting better.

Hello, this is GM포비슈 (Pobishu).

On the 20.07.17 update, we are going to buff the 'Destruction Safeguard Rune'. :^)

※Summary

1. Date: 20.07 (Thursday) Update

2. Change log:
    - 'Destruction Safeguard Rune' will be changed to the following. (This will also update the already aquired runes.)

Before - When failing a enhancement, your weapon or armor will get -2 enhancement rank penalty.
    After - When failing a enhancement, your weapon or armor will get -1 enhancement rank penalty.

Wait! What is 'Destruction Safeguard Rune'?

It is a rune which can be used when enhancing your gear item,
    and it protects the item being destroyed failing an enhancement.
    But, when failing, it will lower the item's enhancement rank.

Remember, 'Destruction Safeguard Rune' can be bought from the cash shop and the Seal of Bravery Shop! *_*)/
    Enjoy your Vindictus with the newly enhanced 'Destruction Safeguard Rune'.

Thank you.

GM포비슈 (Pobishu)

/ / /

I swear, the emotes are not added by me but from GM.

Source
    SirRFI
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드

There are plenty of us who could deal with some of the content being nerfed if we could at least still actually enjoy it in full groups with friends, guildies, and randoms. Removing 8 man has destroyed the core of what Vindi is. It's now more akin to something you invite your RL friends to co-op with you than to try and get into with people from all over. It's not a matter of misunderstanding, people both on forums and in game have lamented the change to max party size since before it released both here and in KR, correct? No one wanted this.

Those who could only host three others before had the option to launch with four people. Those who wanted an additional challenge or just liked fewer people had the option to launch with as few or as many as they like. This is just DevCat's lazy means of avoiding actual optimization and of putting pressure on players to spend money to protect gear so that they can be powerful enough to eventually tackle later content as only four player parties.

I'm not being mean, I'm being realistic, you have on rose-colored lenses when it comes to evaluation Nexon/DevCat's decisions. I don't know if this is because previously you were working so hard to get some kind of official/unofficial position as a go-between for KR and Global, but it's evident in your posts. Please try to widen your perspective and take the time to evaluate all of what is said. Some players accept the major changes, but most of those who are happy about them are the ones who only ran solo or in small groups to begin with. This update has very much been for the worst.
    Cool. With how you are speaking to me I'll stop this debate cause you are being rather rude right now. I haven't said anything about you are judged your intentions at all and here you are doing it so I'm going to stop. /endcomplaint
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    ann.png

After 20.07 update, 'Destruction Safeguard Rune' is getting better.

Hello, this is GM포비슈 (Pobishu).

On the 20.07.17 update, we are going to buff the 'Destruction Safeguard Rune'. :^)

※Summary

1. Date: 20.07 (Thursday) Update

2. Change log:
    - 'Destruction Safeguard Rune' will be changed to the following. (This will also update the already aquired runes.)

Before - When failing a enhancement, your weapon or armor will get -2 enhancement rank penalty.
    After - When failing a enhancement, your weapon or armor will get -1 enhancement rank penalty.

Wait! What is 'Destruction Safeguard Rune'?

It is a rune which can be used when enhancing your gear item,
    and it protects the item being destroyed failing an enhancement.
    But, when failing, it will lower the item's enhancement rank.

Remember, 'Destruction Safeguard Rune' can be bought from the cash shop and the Seal of Bravery Shop! *_*)/

Thank you.

GM포비슈 (Pobishu)

/ / /

I swear, the emotes are not added by me but from GM.

Source

Lol yeah they do the emotes a lot. Not sure if this was pointed out but they plan to add regular runes both enchant and enhance to the seal shop.

Source
  • PhoebeHalliwelPhoebeHalliwel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,720
    As long as destruction safeguard rune reduces enhancement, even just -1, and cost that many seals, it's an awful item. Never gonna buy any
  • KevinKevin
    Vindictus Rep: 750
    edited July 15, 2017
    ann.png

Source

These can be bought in the depot? I thought they were only available in the seal shop? Might be useful if they didn't subtract unbind counts on failure.
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    edited July 15, 2017
    As long as destruction safeguard rune reduces enhancement, even just -1, and cost that many seals, it's an awful item. Never gonna buy any

After thinking about it more the only case it sort of makes sense is if you already have say a +16 weapon and manage to make a second. Then if you want to go from +16->+17 (instead of just selling...) you can and at worse you "might" get a second chance...

Not that must folks will ever manage two +15 let alone a +16 or better... And honestly it might just be better to not use it and at worse you have two +16 perma bound weapons. 1 you can scroll for say crit, the other you could scroll for speed.