Greetings mercenaries from around the world,
I'm currently planning the events for the next Halloween Party in October, and I would like to share with you what I have in mind. My original idea was to do a fundraiser to offer NX prizes for the event. However, Saygo has reached out to me with support funding-wise, so there is no need for this now.
The idea is to host a Dullahan speedrun contest between teams of 4 players across the NA servers (East, West, AUS, and EU). The runs will be streamed through my Twitch channel (vgfan100) with 4 teams running at a time. Here are the logistics:
1. One player will:
- Set up a Twitch account
- Download LiveSplit. This is a program that is used by many speedrunners on Twitch. The program is basically a fancy stopwatch, and it is free to download. You may create splits for completing segments of a run and compare your run to other players. For this event, you do not have to create splits. All that matters is the final time. Set CapsLock as your Start/Stop global hotkey for LiveSplit.
- Download a streaming app (OBS, XSplit, etc.), enter your stream key from Twitch to link your channel to your streaming app, and create a scene, capturing your game and LiveSplit
- Submit a link to a highlight of a full run of Dullahan on the official Speedrun Event thread (when the raid is available and everything is confirmed, I will post the thread for this so we can get started forming team) along with your Twitch channel name and server. A list of players who will be streaming their team’s run will be formed in this thread.
Note: The submission of your full run is not what will be used for the actual event. This is to prove that you can stream the run, and this helps me set up your team's run along with other players in real time (or with the Twitch delay; whoever you see it xD). Here’s an example of what I’m going for except the timer will be exclusive to each team's run: Banjo-Kazooie Race
Teams of 4 players will be formed with 3 players joining the one player who is streaming the run. Team members may confer with each other to come up with a team name if they wish. Otherwise, a list of players and the server region will be used.
All NA servers can compete! This includes East, West, AUS, and EU.
2. The deadline to submit your highlights will be one week before the party [Date TBD]. Be sure that if you are going to stream your team’s run, you will be able to attend the party. Otherwise, your team will be disqualified.
Submit your team on the "Dullahan Speedrun Event Team Registration" thread (when it's formed) with the name and class of each character 72 hours before the party's start time (still TBD). The more teams we have, the more exciting this event will be!
3. The order for which team goes when will be randomized. I will post the order shortly after the cutoff time for team registration so your team can plan. The races will take place from 7:00PM to 10:00PM (or however long it takes depending on how many teams we have). Four teams will run at the same time. Be sure all team members are ready to go. If a member of your party is missing when your team is up for the run, the team will have to do the speedrun with less players, which will put the group at a significant disadvantage.
I will not participate in this event myself since I have to manage it. However, if we reach at least 100 viewers at any point during the stream, I will battle Dullahan in a team with NO ARMOR on (Only my weapon and accessories) at the end of the competition! RIP me.
- Time starts when Dullahan’s HP bar appears. Time stops when his HP bar reaches 0.
- You may use any means necessary to revive yourself. This includes Goddess Graces. However, every 4 Goddess Graces used will result in 15 seconds being added to your team's final time.
- You may use transformations during the speedrun.
- You may use any artifact you wish.
- You may use any consumables you wish. However, you may NOT use damage increase potions or stimulants.
It will be difficult to enforce this rule since I cannot check in-game, but if it is found that a damage potion or stimulant was used during the run, your team will be disqualified. Show good sportsmanship for all teams, and un-equip these consumables before going into battle so you are not tempted to use them. (Credit to Blyat & Leucosie for this rule)
- You may use pets (but seriously, why would you?
- Your team cannot be 3 or 4 of the same character (e.g. 2 Crossgun Kais & 2 Bow Kais, or 3 Fionas and a Staff Evie). This prevents teams from having an unfair advantage due to possible imbalances with certain characters. For clarification, you can have, for example, two Scythe Evies, one Sword Lann, and one Spear Lann. Form your teams wisely! (Credit to JynXi for this rule)
If even one player manages to stay alive during the run, your team will receive a huge 30 second deduction from your final time. Don’t get rekt by the boss!
1st = 200k NX total (50k NX per player)
2nd = 100k NX total (25k NX per player)
3rd = 40k NX total (10k NX per player)
Let me know if there is anything you like to add to make the event more exciting. Thank you in advance for your support.