[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Halloween Party 2017 Event Preview

vgfan100vgfan100
Vindictus Rep: 2,085
edited July 28, 2017 in General Discussion
Greetings mercenaries from around the world,

I'm currently planning the events for the next Halloween Party in October, and I would like to share with you what I have in mind. My original idea was to do a fundraiser to offer NX prizes for the event. However, Saygo has reached out to me with support funding-wise, so there is no need for this now.

The idea is to host a Dullahan speedrun contest between teams of 4 players across the NA servers (East, West, AUS, and EU). The runs will be streamed through my Twitch channel (vgfan100) with 4 teams running at a time. Here are the logistics:
Logistics:

1. One player will:
- Set up a Twitch account
- Download LiveSplit. This is a program that is used by many speedrunners on Twitch. The program is basically a fancy stopwatch, and it is free to download. You may create splits for completing segments of a run and compare your run to other players. For this event, you do not have to create splits. All that matters is the final time. Set CapsLock as your Start/Stop global hotkey for LiveSplit.
- Download a streaming app (OBS, XSplit, etc.), enter your stream key from Twitch to link your channel to your streaming app, and create a scene, capturing your game and LiveSplit
- Submit a link to a highlight of a full run of Dullahan on the official Speedrun Event thread (when the raid is available and everything is confirmed, I will post the thread for this so we can get started forming team) along with your Twitch channel name and server. A list of players who will be streaming their team’s run will be formed in this thread.

Note: The submission of your full run is not what will be used for the actual event. This is to prove that you can stream the run, and this helps me set up your team's run along with other players in real time (or with the Twitch delay; whoever you see it xD). Here’s an example of what I’m going for except the timer will be exclusive to each team's run: Banjo-Kazooie Race

Teams of 4 players will be formed with 3 players joining the one player who is streaming the run. Team members may confer with each other to come up with a team name if they wish. Otherwise, a list of players and the server region will be used.

All NA servers can compete! This includes East, West, AUS, and EU.

2. The deadline to submit your highlights will be one week before the party [Date TBD]. Be sure that if you are going to stream your team’s run, you will be able to attend the party. Otherwise, your team will be disqualified. Submit your team on the "Dullahan Speedrun Event Team Registration" thread (when it's formed) with the name and class of each character 72 hours before the party's start time (still TBD). The more teams we have, the more exciting this event will be!

3. The order for which team goes when will be randomized. I will post the order shortly after the cutoff time for team registration so your team can plan. The races will take place from 7:00PM to 10:00PM (or however long it takes depending on how many teams we have). Four teams will run at the same time. Be sure all team members are ready to go. If a member of your party is missing when your team is up for the run, the team will have to do the speedrun with less players, which will put the group at a significant disadvantage.

I will not participate in this event myself since I have to manage it. However, if we reach at least 100 viewers at any point during the stream, I will battle Dullahan in a team with NO ARMOR on (Only my weapon and accessories) at the end of the competition! RIP me. :p

Rules:

- Time starts when Dullahan’s HP bar appears. Time stops when his HP bar reaches 0.
- You may use any means necessary to revive yourself. This includes Goddess Graces. However, every 4 Goddess Graces used will result in 15 seconds being added to your team's final time.
- You may use transformations during the speedrun.
- You may use any artifact you wish.
- You may use any consumables you wish. However, you may NOT use damage increase potions or stimulants. It will be difficult to enforce this rule since I cannot check in-game, but if it is found that a damage potion or stimulant was used during the run, your team will be disqualified. Show good sportsmanship for all teams, and un-equip these consumables before going into battle so you are not tempted to use them. (Credit to Blyat & Leucosie for this rule)
- You may use pets (but seriously, why would you? ;) ).
- Your team cannot be 3 or 4 of the same character (e.g. 2 Crossgun Kais & 2 Bow Kais, or 3 Fionas and a Staff Evie). This prevents teams from having an unfair advantage due to possible imbalances with certain characters. For clarification, you can have, for example, two Scythe Evies, one Sword Lann, and one Spear Lann. Form your teams wisely! (Credit to JynXi for this rule)
If even one player manages to stay alive during the run, your team will receive a huge 30 second deduction from your final time. Don’t get rekt by the boss! ;)

Prizes:

1st = 200k NX total (50k NX per player)
2nd = 100k NX total (25k NX per player)
3rd = 40k NX total (10k NX per player)

Let me know if there is anything you like to add to make the event more exciting. Thank you in advance for your support.

Regards,
vgfan100 [EAST]
  1. What do you think of this idea?29 votes
    1. Great idea! You have my support! :)
       48% (14 votes)
    2. Good plan, but I'll need more information before I consider supporting. (Please explain below)
       14% (4 votes)
    3. You're nuts! Please consider hosting a different event. (Please explain below)
       38% (11 votes)

Comments

• HonokaHonoka
    Vindictus Rep: 1,110
    it's unfair to have it across that many servers, some servers like KR have an advantage because they have stats/items we don't have access to
    QuinqueBowtacojrKiyoujiPanda
  • vgfan100vgfan100
    edited July 10, 2017
    Honoka wrote: »
    it's unfair to have it across that many servers, some servers like KR have an advantage because they have stats/items we don't have access to

I can understand that being a concern. What kind of items are we talking about? :)
  • ArixArix
    Vindictus Rep: 1,880
    vgfan100 wrote: »
    and if we go beyond that amount, the rest of the money will be donated to Nexon.

lol
  • BoatGodBoatGod
    Vindictus Rep: 2,575
    The excess money going to nexon does trouble me. So how about this, if it is that successful we could just host another community event with the excess money.
  • vgfan100vgfan100
    edited July 10, 2017
    BoatGod wrote: »
    The excess money going to nexon does trouble me. So how about this, if it is that successful we could just host another community event with the excess money.

That definitely make sense. I'll change that right away. Thanks for the input. :)
  • ZeroheartZeroheart
    Vindictus Rep: 7,740
    Great idea for an event but i think KR group will have an overwhelming advantage. Just the population is largest and the chances of players who completed Nean 100 times and gotten +20 or close to it are maybe higher than other servers. Also odds are their 95 armors are way better than ours (Increase stats and es enchanted) . In the end the Player who pay to win(Gold buying or NX selling) might have a chance but giving them prizes seems un sports man like. My opinion , but good luck with it.
    KiyoujiPanda
  • DokkunDokkun
    Vindictus Rep: 1,500
    i feel like buying nx as the prize, which is a digital currency, is already like donating money to nexon lol ;;
  • gogoshicagogoshica
    Vindictus Rep: 500
    -shady fundraider by someone with no credibility
    -self promoting twitch channel if the event actually happens

Yea,what could go wrong.
  • RobertLiviaRobertLivia
    Vindictus Rep: 2,905
    Sounds like fun, but it should be kept on this version only. Since the updates are the same across the whole NA, EU, AU. There would be no speculation of disadvantage.
  • ZeroheartZeroheart
    Vindictus Rep: 7,740
    Was part of his Halloween event last year, it was ok.
    Well due to 4 player limit party raid and that S1 and 2 bosses are a joke to kill, the usually cosplay raids can not be considered anymore like last year. Trying to organize a RAR raid will still prove to be difficult since random people will join and ruin it by starting early or just afk, not to mention the lag.
    Besides Halloween outfits contest and dance party, i guess there is not much for him to do.
    Good for him to try to bolster the community but due to RiSE changes, the usually events are a bore. This really kills the streaming players who tries to advertise the game since Nexon does't give a damn on trying to promote their game. I remember they gave Jump characters to RoosterTeeth team and let them loose. They had no idea to play or anything and ended up dead most of the time in Siglit run. Not a single one of them used a smash attack.
    KiyoujiPanda
  • vgfan100vgfan100
    edited July 11, 2017
    UPDATE: Saygo has messaged me about the Vindictus team possibly helping with the event.
    For now, I'll take the donation link offline to prevent any further issues.
    Zeroheart wrote: »
    Great idea for an event but i think KR group will have an overwhelming advantage. Just the population is largest and the chances of players who completed Nean 100 times and gotten +20 or close to it are maybe higher than other servers. Also odds are their 95 armors are way better than ours (Increase stats and es enchanted) . In the end the Player who pay to win(Gold buying or NX selling) might have a chance but giving them prizes seems un sports man like. My opinion , but good luck with it.
    Sounds like fun, but it should be kept on this version only. Since the updates are the same across the whole NA, EU, AU. There would be no speculation of disadvantage.

Now that I think about it, maybe limiting the event to just to the NA version of the game might help in three ways. One, it's easier to manage. Two, RobertLivia is right; because NA, AUS, and EU use the same version of the game, it would make the event more fair. And three, the Vindictus team will only support the event if it is limited to the NA region.I hate to exclude specific servers from the event, but I do understand the concerns. If someone who plays in their region wants to have a player-hosted event like this, they can do that as well. I will go ahead and make that change.
    Zeroheart wrote: »
    Was part of his Halloween event last year, it was ok.
    Well due to 4 player limit party raid and that S1 and 2 bosses are a joke to kill, the usually cosplay raids can not be considered anymore like last year. Trying to organize a RAR raid will still prove to be difficult since random people will join and ruin it by starting early or just afk, not to mention the lag.
    Besides Halloween outfits contest and dance party, i guess there is not much for him to do.
    Good for him to try to bolster the community but due to RiSE changes, the usually events are a bore. This really kills the streaming players who tries to advertise the game since Nexon does't give a damn on trying to promote their game. I remember they gave Jump characters to RoosterTeeth team and let them loose. They had no idea to play or anything and ended up dead most of the time in Siglit run. Not a single one of them used a smash attack.

Thank you for recognizing how difficult it is to organize an event like this. The RISE update is forcing me to be creative about how to make the game fun for everyone, and I'm very limited on what I can provide as far as making these events fair, exciting, and worthwhile. I still think Season 2 Hero Mode raids are still viable since the difficulty is close to what Level 80-90 was, but you are right; RISE has made the difficulty in Season 1 and 2 non-existent, and RAR are too hard to manage for a cosplay raid (hence why regular raids worked); even then, raids are non-existent except in Season 3, which is a real shame. You just have to make the most with what you have.
  • ArcticAzrealArcticAzreal
    Vindictus Rep: 955
    Shouldn't we get Dullahan first before this plans out. That's like making a best Miri contest without being sure she'll be out by such a such date. However if it does come out and you do this. KR shouldn't be involved lets be honest they do have the advantage. We are serval months behind them they have many things we don't have. Weapons, skills, had more time to study and beat the new content we have only seen in videos. You may wanna re think this idea because in the end you'll end up looking at some pretty pissed off people. Your a little out of luck at this point events will only be harder to come up with but maybe in time you'll find a loop whole just because what you put together it might just backfire.
  • RachnaelRachnael
    Vindictus Rep: 820
    I personally think the idea is nice but! yes. there are always buts. I think it's unfair for all the weaker people, only the really strong people will participate making that incredibly dull. for example they can GG spam to get the biggest dps output or use all the nx advantages they can get- I would say you need to set boundaries regarding equipment, amount of deaths using goddess graces and so on - still it will be an event that only the strongest can do, I will be very hard doing that kind of events since now even making lvl 1 char is different for everyone I guess, since you get titles id wise and some are active very early. It will be difficult indeed
  • vgfan100vgfan100
    Shouldn't we get Dullahan first before this plans out? That's like making a best Miri contest without being sure she'll be out by such a such date. However if it does come out and you do this. KR shouldn't be involved lets be honest they do have the advantage. We are several months behind them they have many things we don't have. Weapons, skills, had more time to study and beat the new content we have only seen in videos. You may wanna re think this idea because in the end you'll end up looking at some pretty pissed off people. Your a little out of luck at this point events will only be harder to come up with but maybe in time you'll find a loop-hole just because what you put together might just backfire.

I am pretty confident that Dullahan will be out before October (we have three months before this event takes place), and I have edited the first post of this thread, stating that only East, West, AUS, and EU will participate in this event. I also have a Plan B in case Dullahan does not come out that I have tested out in-game and works just fine. Like I have said before, it is harder to come up with events with the RISE update, but I'm making it work despite these challenges.
    Rachnael wrote: »
    I personally think the idea is nice but! yes. there are always buts. I think it's unfair for all the weaker people, only the really strong people will participate making that incredibly dull. for example they can GG spam to get the biggest dps output or use all the nx advantages they can get- I would say you need to set boundaries regarding equipment, amount of deaths using goddess graces and so on - still it will be an event that only the strongest can do, I will be very hard doing that kind of events since now even making lvl 1 char is different for everyone I guess, since you get titles id wise and some are active very early. It will be difficult indeed

Sometimes, I wish that there was a Redeemer Mode setting for these battles, but alas, there is none. Now, there are details which will be addressed about not dying in the raid, and the event details are always subject to change. Perhaps, we can consider using a Goddess Grace as a penalty of 15 seconds added to your team's final time (you do get 15 seconds of invulnerability and your armor is restored). As for equipment, there is very little I can do to enforce every participant to restrict their gear. I tried this with PvP, and it was so impossible to enforce that I basically gave up with the rule. Considering that the event is still a work in progress, it's great that we're addressing these issues now versus later in October.
  • RavelationsRavelations
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255
    The idea is to host a Dullahan speedrun contest between teams of 4 players across the NA servers (East, West, AUS, and EU). The runs will be streamed through my Twitch channel (vgfan100) with 4 teams running at a time. Everyone in the NA region is invited to participate. I will have more details about the event as we get closer to October. The top three fastest teams will win the following prizes: What, 4 different servers but only 3 winners?

Might i suggest, if you haven't already to post this thread onto the West/Aus and Eu forum sections as well,

As a player with only 21k att and not nearly enough experience to be doing speedruns (Especially for a new boss) i'll be watching/listening from the side lines, Sadly though i cannot support this event in any way shape or form that i can see, being tight on cash, I do wish you luck though
  • vgfan100vgfan100
    The idea is to host a Dullahan speedrun contest between teams of 4 players across the NA servers (East, West, AUS, and EU).

1. The top three fastest teams will win the following prizes: What, 4 different servers but only 3 winners?

2. Might i suggest, if you haven't already to post this thread onto the West/Aus and Eu forum sections as well,

3. As a player with only 21k att and not nearly enough experience to be doing speedruns (Especially for a new boss) i'll be watching/listening from the side lines, Sadly though i cannot support this event in any way shape or form that i can see, being tight on cash, I do wish you luck though

1. That is correct. Technically, it's 12 winners (4 per team).
    2. Well, it's under General Discussion so every server is involved. Unless there's a specific reason to do this, I don't want to spam the event in other threads.
    3. Having an audience is always a great thing! Also, you don't have to worry about supporting through donations; Saygo said he may be funding the prizes for the event. And thanks for the luck; I can imagine people cheering for their server in chat or in-game. It should be exciting! :)
  • DokkunDokkun
    Vindictus Rep: 1,500
    could do something like a triathlon- speedrun -> Alban mini game -> charles mine cart?, o-o;;; maybe itd be too much work coordinating though
  • CuteeCutee
    Vindictus Rep: 910
    edited July 13, 2017
    why not make a 4 man neam speed run ? :# theres the limited hp potion, no goddess, could see if someone gets a wild guild feather also. And neam is here for a good while now for all of the above mentioned servers (NA, EU, AUS). Dont crucify me, its just an idea which would make the possible "cheat"(goddess, merc spam, sp potion spam, soaps) more restricted.

edit: forgot the thing, neam currently has 15 less critical cap as dullahan will have, if they wont raise the current atk, crit cap on her, more ppl would have a chance, because less stats required to cap the boss)
  • vgfan100vgfan100
    edited July 13, 2017
    Cutee wrote: »
    why not make a 4 man neam speed run ? :# theres the limited hp potion, no goddess, could see if someone gets a wild guild feather also. And neam is here for a good while now for all of the above mentioned servers (NA, EU, AUS). Dont crucify me, its just an idea which would make the possible "cheat"(goddess, merc spam, sp potion spam, soaps) more restricted.

edit: forgot the thing, neam currently has 15 less critical cap as dullahan will have, if they wont raise the current atk, crit cap on her, more ppl would have a chance, because less stats required to cap the boss)

Hmmmm, I honestly don't know what to think of Neimhain. You're right; it would solve the issue of spamming merc pots, sp pots, and goddess graces, but at the same time, Neimhain doesn't scale her stats to the party (unless I'm wrong about this). Dullahan is more forgiving than Neimhain but still hits hard and has phases that require team coordination. Hopefully, Dullahan will be released with Hero Mode Season 3. If that happens, Dullahan will be fun to speedrun. :)
  • BoatGodBoatGod
    Vindictus Rep: 2,575
    @vgfan100 You said that you will be streaming the runs for the 4 man party, but with the removal of the assist function, does that not mean you are going to take up a spot?