[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

One of the worst updates ever...

DrakinDrakin
Vindictus Rep: 350
in General Discussion
Been a long time player of vindi that has been on hiatus for a bit, was excited seeing this big of an update and hoped to enjoy a game I loved so much once again.

Me and my girlfriend played a few maps and were excited with the map changes and the quality of life changes that they have made and thought the game was going to be something we might play regularly again. Then we started looking deeper...

We've both been fans of playing Hero mode, even raiding in it. And after a few practice runs to remember the controls on normal we tried to start playing on hero, excited that it had been revamped for level 90's....and we could not do any of it. We both have level 90's so it's not that. It's because the missions now require you to complete the battle points before allowing you to do anything other than normal. Needless to say we didn't want to go back through all the missions, or at least the ones we would love to play hero mode on, and do all the tedious secondary missions.

We then discovered that there was also a battle limit of 5 battles per map in place now...and as players that have survived the times the game was on a token system we were in disbelief that they would go back to something that even remotely resembles it.
daws360SaintGuinnessHerucrosscyreus

Comments

• DrakinDrakin
    Vindictus Rep: 350
    And please note, this was a first impression. Didn't even realize that raids are now 4 people instead of 8...how does Kraken even work now?...
  • PortalsPortals
    Vindictus Rep: 525
    Boss hp has been nerfed all around. Kraken can be done solo with the boat staying above 80% integrity.
  • BladeXAngelBladeXAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,805
    trust me, this is not the worst update, derpcat can do worse.
  • oCharlotteoCharlotte
    Vindictus Rep: 1,345
    Rise: Apocalyptic Nightmare
    daws360arkaine757
  • RizzleRizzle
    Vindictus Rep: 1,860
    According to KR, its a way to fend off the chinese botting.
    Anthonytonyboy
  • zZTakumizZTakumi
    Vindictus Rep: 410
    Wait what? So we have to earn some battle points in order to unlock hero mode?
  • TwilightSparkleTwilightSparkle
    Vindictus Rep: 2,440
    outfitters wise yups but umm rise isnt so bad sorta
    Anthonytonyboy
  • arkaine757arkaine757
    Vindictus Rep: 1,430
    edited June 24, 2017
    The sadddest thing is that Rise concept it isn't that bad, but some major issues make it the Worst "Update" so far.

4 man raid
    Making S1/S2 Useless
    Making EVERY GEAR above 90 useless (I was using a +15 60's since 2013, and now i only have 48.3% of a +15 90's)
    All content below 90 is useless as well
    +15 90's buffed , +10 nerfed
    SaintGuinness
  • TamagoTamago
    Vindictus Rep: 5,460
    Hero mode isn't even hero mode anymore. It's just a nerfed version of the old hard mode.
    XieSaintGuinness
  • GewelliriousGewellirious
    Vindictus Rep: 2,945
    Mainichi wrote: »
    Hero mode isn't even hero mode anymore. It's just a nerfed version of the old hard mode.

s2 Hero is simply old 80-90 difficulty with s3 stats (16k+ ATT, 13k DEF, 130crit cap, etc), the speed stay unchanged, and idk about their HP tho.. doesn't really matter anymore...
    XieSaintGuinness
  • ZeroheartZeroheart
    Vindictus Rep: 7,740
    I shed a tear for those game developers who made those boss and levels, all their hard work is being crap on by Babies first MMORPG
    GewelliriousXieFuhrerarkaine757cyreus
  • KlardKlard
    Vindictus Rep: 750
    Even on hero mode boss die too fast, where is my enjoyment in drinking pots and cautions for boss sneaky aim at me
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    I think theres a lot of misconception about how you "unlock" hero mode now. Ive run kraken many times since the update, and i still cant make a hero kraken boat on the board. BUT for some reason i can make a hero kraken boat on QB...its probably just a bug.

s1 normal dungeons dont seem to have hero mode available at all though.