[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

"Rise" update - first impressions

Comments

• szeng19950szeng19950
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    Cherished wrote: »
    I love the changes to launching and restarting battles. That's about it.

Ultimately I think RISE fails to do what it set out to do while causing much harm elsewhere. They tried to redesign the lower level content to capture the interest of new players better than it was at the time. Personally, I fell in love with Vindictus back when leveling was difficult. Back when it took effort just to kill group bosses and you actually had to learn your new abilities as you leveled. It was tough, but so rewarding when you felt like you were improving as you leveled.

I can't imagine anyone falling in love with the game at a low level now. There's no interest in fighting bosses that fall over in 1-2 smashes. If nothing requires any effort, there is no feeling of reward, and without reward, how is any new player going to acquire the motivation to push on and see the higher levels?

The silliest part of how RISE was executed here was not releasing level 95. There is a growth goal for 95 but we still can't gain experience at 90. Maybe if we were level 95 then the additional damage changes would feel less broken because we would have newer, more difficult content to do with them and they would feel more appropriate. Instead the damage changes have completely trivialized everything there is to do, even Season 3, while we still have no reason to farm for the same things that have been available for two years now and have fallen to little value over that time. What we have now is a Vindictus that offers nothing during its leveling experience and little more than nothing at max level.

Then of course there are the enhancement changes which will likely cause me to leave the game entirely. It feels like the game I have loved for so long is now permanently crippled!

omg Cherished you're alive! How's DC these days?
  • arkaine757arkaine757
    Vindictus Rep: 1,430
    ERROR wrote: »
    rise = big bang

Or Armaggedon
  • scarletufoscarletufo
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    arkaine757 wrote: »
    ERROR wrote: »
    rise = big bang

Or Armaggedon

I'm guessing MapleStory's update did have a whole ton of backlash.
  • VivieVivie
    Vindictus Rep: 1,170
    Disappointed that we can no longer do an 8-player raids. A few friends have to be left out =[
    arkaine757Xie
  • FoecastFoecast
    Vindictus Rep: 440
    I'll log in one last time just to say this;

Best quality of life update yet, I quit the game and everything's better!
    Gewellirious2edgy4uLoLoBootyChiyemi
  • PuppymanPuppyman
    Vindictus Rep: 3,055
    edited June 22, 2017
    "(Season 3) Superior grade (Purple) materials' drop rate has been increased drastically"

??????????

"(Season 3) Misc. items that have no use from raids have their drop rate decreased drastically"

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Then what are all these trash items and my non-existent purples???????

Most likely scenario: They messed up(wow so unexpected) and got these two values switched up...

I've gotten more oranges than purple since the update...
    SlothPrincess
  • arkaine757arkaine757
    Vindictus Rep: 1,430
    Puppyman wrote: »
    "(Season 3) Superior grade (Purple) materials' drop rate has been increased drastically"

??????????

"(Season 3) Misc. items that have no use from raids have their drop rate decreased drastically"

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Then what are all these trash items and my non-existent purples???????

Most likely scenario: They messed up(wow so unexpected) and got these two values switched up...

I've gotten more oranges than purple since the update...

A friend mine sent me this
    Pmmdbd2.jpg
    2edgy4uSlothPrincessGewelliriousSaintGuinness
  • oCharlotteoCharlotte
    Vindictus Rep: 1,345
    edited June 22, 2017
    My First impressions on this game was honestly excitement. I played for about 5 and a half years before quitting for a good 2 years, so when I saw so many players playing the game on patch day that made me think that the game was finally getting to that point where it was going to be people actually playing the game and not just afking in town.

After playing the game for 2 days, I'm having mixed thoughts. What I thought was going to be a blast turned out to be the biggest disappointment since the episode 9 drought. But on the other hand, It reconnected me with a couple of my long time friends that I played with back in those days.

I love the drop rates on the enchant scrolls and how they drop from practically anything now-a-days.

I'm pretty sure a majority of the players in the game had the same issue I had, where I couldn't p2w my way to victory and had to try to farm out materials for the gear that I desperately needed for end game.

I still had wonderland armor outfitting with well-balanced and Force with a +11 Dragonscale Scythe before this update. I was getting by just fine with 18k attack, when it took me a long time to get an avian scythe +10, it was made useless by this update. Much like a lot of the armor pieces I was working on that I spent a great amount of money to obtain. The money was legit just enchant scrolls.

collectively over 2 years probably about 50m total ( wow so little )

However, the only thing I am liking about this whole Rise: Apocalyptic Nightmare is the drop rate buff on all enchant scrolls making it easier on people like myself to acquire stronger equipment. Stronger Equipment to tackle Season 3, to tackle any other challenge that is left in the game.

Everything else about the update is something that is left to be desired. (looking at you +20 with harder to obtain +15 :eyes:)
  • DonGloverDonGlover
    Vindictus Rep: 325
    I really loved Vindi, but I feel like Rise aggressively ruined a lot of the better things I could have said about the game before.
  • JinyieJinyie
    Vindictus Rep: 1,830
    Killed Ingkells in about a minute with zero SP use and just fiddling around. Killed Muir in about the same. This is really supposed to be a positive step for Vindi, trivializing all the content? The DoL needs to be fired. The are players who have dropped ridiculous amounts of time and money into this game just walking away and it's easy to see why.

On normal right? Try hero...
  • GewelliriousGewellirious
    Vindictus Rep: 2,945
    Jinyie wrote: »
    On normal right? Try hero...

Can't pick Hero when it doesn't even exist anymore.
    RIP
  • JinyieJinyie
    Vindictus Rep: 1,830
    What are you talking about of course it still exists. Just not how it used to be before. Remember you need to be lvl 90 to do hero mode now.
  • HerucrossHerucross
    Vindictus Rep: 780
    edited June 25, 2017

CAN'T YOU JUST FKING OPEN A CBT SERVER like blizzard does so people can test out the new content and you can collect data and comments on these before releasing?

hilariously, they have CBT on KR. they implemeted rise and got extremely negative feedback. they went ahead and did the update anyway, globally.

it's really upsetting but i think we just need to accept that the game is screwed...like even more than before. population might've been dead but at least the core gameplay was still fun. it was a good 7 years
    SaintGuinnessXieGewelliriousPrototypemind
  • GewelliriousGewellirious
    Vindictus Rep: 2,945
    Jinyie wrote: »
    What are you talking about of course it still exists. Just not how it used to be before. Remember you need to be lvl 90 to do hero mode now.

In 5 years I definitely couldn't get a char to 90 right.

And no, Glas was open to Hero difficulty, but no way for me to pick Hero for Ingkells, it simply doesn't exist for some reasons... whatever.
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    edited June 25, 2017
    Added poll in main post, and updated my own impressions/opinion in second post.