[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

New character Miri, Lynn 2nd weapon reveal & more.

Comments

• PuppymanPuppyman
    Vindictus Rep: 3,055
    :\

Everyone is going to play her

I kinda wanted just the weapon but I fear she'll depend on edgelord trans
    Hopefully it's a jadefox like thing where it's not so often and not so long.

That ult is so overdramatic lol

My point stands! If it doesn't have boobs, there won't go much effort into it!
    Obscenity
  • BoatGodBoatGod
    Vindictus Rep: 2,575
    miri is new Waifu
  • ordinaryabnormalityordinaryabnormality
    Vindictus Rep: 1,490
    Kiwa wrote: »
    New Miri Video

im so moisty
  • LynnCUBELynnCUBE
    Vindictus Rep: 3,115
    Kiwa wrote: »
    New Miri Video

Yes, it looks cool and the dragon is awesome... but I already know the wings will cover the bosses and cause other party members problem in Raids.

4 Miri's in Neam +cold
  • FlufffyParrotFlufffyParrot
    Vindictus Rep: 1,055
    God that voice acting is bad.
  • IngkellsIngkells
    Vindictus Rep: 1,405
    moist indeed.

and karoks already block out the sun, but we carry on. follow the damage numbers and faceroll the keys

who cares about voice acting when you can listen to music instead +cold
    Plakster
  • xHariNezumixHariNezumi
    Vindictus Rep: 685
    She sounds like a 12-year with a hernia, but her playstyle seems kind of fun; it's flowy and unrelentless like Hurk. Still though, I think that voice acting would actually make me avoid her entirely, it is so bad and not the least bit fitting for her character
  • MikomiMikomi
    Vindictus Rep: 1,245
    Has there been any videos on Lynn's second weapon?
  • LavonneLavonne
    Vindictus Rep: 1,645
    She seems very messy. Her combat style could use some editing. She has kicks, she has chains, she has blade swings, she has counterattack, she transforms, she teleports (one of her teleports looks like Kai's double space). Her combat style is all over the place. It looks like 4 different concept artists were working on her and couldn't decide on one direction so they just threw all their ideas in unfiltered. Maybe she's intentionally so messy because of the nature of her weapon (which has no nature so you can do whatever with it as a concept artist - tabularasa). It's not a conventional weapon so it's not like there's a consensus around how its combat style should look like. Either way, I'd have been more impressed if they focused on one clear direction and polished it - either kicks, chains or blade swings, preferably kicks because we haven't had a kick-oriented class yet.

Secondly, you can tell by her animations and over-the-top particle effects (which I assume were purposely exaggerated to camouflage the fact that her animations are bad lol you ain't foolin nobody DevCat) that she was rushed.

"If we cover her with blinding particle effects they won't notice how bad her animations are"
    DqKZfPr.jpg

Yes we will.
    6ouStNY.png

I have a gut feeling that all the resources and manpower were allocated to the Rise update and the ones in charge of Miri were pressed to meet an unrealistic deadline so they rushed her. I mean, an overhaul for the entire game, intending to launch globally within a month AND a new raid AND a new class. Yeah. Of course they would rush her. They tried to do too many things at once.

Hopefully they'll tweak\fix her animations like they did to Arisha, and hopefully it won't take them 2 years like it did with Arisha. lol
    FlufffyParrot
  • PuppymanPuppyman
    Lavonne wrote: »
    She seems very messy. Her combat style could use some editing. She has kicks, she has chains, she has blade swings, she has counterattack, she transforms, she teleports (one of her teleports looks like Kai's double space). Her combat style is all over the place. It looks like 4 different concept artists were working on her and couldn't decide on one direction so they just threw all their ideas in unfiltered. Maybe she's intentionally so messy because of the nature of her weapon (which has no nature so you can do whatever with it as a concept artist - tabularasa). It's not a conventional weapon so it's not like there's a consensus around how its combat style should look like. Either way, I'd have been more impressed if they focused on one clear direction and polished it - either kicks, chains or blade swings, preferably kicks because we haven't had a kick-oriented class yet.

Secondly, you can tell by her animations and over-the-top particle effects (which I assume were purposely exaggerated to camouflage the fact that her animations are bad lol you ain't foolin nobody DevCat) that she was rushed.

"If we cover her with blinding particle effects they won't notice how bad her animations are"
    DqKZfPr.jpg

Yes we will.
    6ouStNY.png

I have a gut feeling that all the resources and manpower were allocated to the Rise update and the ones in charge of Miri were pressed to meet an unrealistic deadline so they rushed her. I mean, an overhaul for the entire game, intending to launch globally within a month AND a new raid AND a new class. Yeah. Of course they would rush her. They tried to do too many things at once.

Hopefully they'll tweak\fix her animations like they did to Arisha, and hopefully it won't take them 2 years like it did with Arisha. lol

Bad news bears for umbrella lynn
  • IngkellsIngkells
    Vindictus Rep: 1,405
    for the people concerned about the voice acting, i thought we got different voice actors anyway. if they only use one set of voices now, i wouldnt know since i play sound off
  • KarijunaKarijuna
    Vindictus Rep: 2,675
    Only Lann, Fiona and Evie have different voices for us, the others are all the original korean voices. Only Japan (I think) has completely different voices for all characters for some reason.
    I agree that her voice isn't really all that good, also we already have enough high pitched voices imo. Her playstyle looks interesting, but indeed a bit messy, I'm very curious about how she's actually gonna play.
  • TappiTappi
    Vindictus Rep: 530
  • john10john10
    Vindictus Rep: 2,755
    miri kinda reminds me of bo staff users
  • RavelationsRavelations
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255
    edited July 1, 2017
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=qUGitKeXLac&feature=youtu.be
    Miri Vs Lugh gameplay, She seems to have everything, block, counter, buff, charge, far dodging, medium range attack

Hurk, Karok, Delia, got together and had Miri, the video uploader says shes like Pillar Karok

(EDIT) I've tried several times to get the video to show up, like in the above comments but it refuses
  • lumix345lumix345
    Vindictus Rep: 1,875

• PuppymanPuppyman
    Regina Solo

• SAXSAX
    Vindictus Rep: 1,605
    Tappi wrote: »

Well with this one can say miri has a crush on hurk(and his brother too) also i wonder to who they refer with ''A man reaching towards the people left in despair.''
  • Ertxz18Ertxz18
    Vindictus Rep: 1,390
    SAX wrote: »
    Tappi wrote: »

Well with this one can say miri has a crush on hurk(and his brother too) also i wonder to who they refer with ''A man reaching towards the people left in despair.''

It might be referring to Lann? Since in the cinematic trailer they show Evie (A woman healing the injured.), Fiona (she saw a woman with a shield protecting Miri), Karok (A man who stood at the front of battle with immense strength) and Lann? Possibly.
  • _Kale_Kale
    Vindictus Rep: 1,310
    Puppyman wrote: »
    Regina Solo
    What's going on at 1:28? Looks like that red attack was countered.