[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

After RISE : The game actually has less content

Question2Question2
Vindictus Rep: 3,235
in General Discussion
Pre-Rise, I could do all the following even at level 90 and there would be a point :

s1 raids for seals and mats to make/dismantle items for element stones
s2 raids for mats/seals
s2 dailies for ap/scrolls/rings
s1 hero runs for trans/scrolls/ore
Muir/Shakkar/Succubus for drops/seals
Low level arena for easy seals/helping newbies to get seals

(Not counting s3 stuff obviously)

Now the only stuff worth doing (unless you want to farm for accesosries instead of buying them) are s3 dailies, s3 raids and possibly nif (hp inflation + attack cap and most people only want 1 fine gem per slot). Not sure if special battles have gotten easier or harder. Arena has probably gotten harder unless you have a heavily stacked party.

(not counting neam or RRs as they are pretty subjective).

Most of my friends logged on, did a few s2 runs for the novelty factor of getting easy rings/scrolls, then stood around and were like "theres nothing to do now".
BabyDaniXiearkaine757FlufffyParrotSshateLordAlucardDokkun

Comments

• BladeXAngelBladeXAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,805
    everything i did last night was:

1. open up my desktop
    2. log onto main
    3. open up my laptop
    4. log onto alt
    5. 5 runs of s1e1
    6. afk in town
    arkaine757Mintchi
  • DownIoadDownIoad
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    I was doing runs all over to test things out and things like CMA's ODM's Thunder rings, belts etc drop like candy. I think I sold 6 CMA's last night 500k each. Of course people bought them instantly thinking its a good deal.

With the loot dropping the way it is currently, the economy is going to be axed HARD.

I can't believe I'm saying this but having loot be rare-ish like it used to be was more fun than getting rank 8 scrolls and near end game accessories every time you run a 1min battle.
    HangeZoeGewellirious
  • TwilightSparkleTwilightSparkle
    Vindictus Rep: 2,440
    If it's this easy i wonder how will dulla be x.x....
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    Dullahan still takes the average kill time as long as the party is good. So average 10-15 minutes. Hero dulla however unless you have 4500 additional damage expect 30 minutes plus.
  • XieXie
    Vindictus Rep: 2,115
    I feel the same about having nothing to do ingame. Hope it changes soon. Update coming next month is Dullahan so hopefully it's something.

As for the abundance of drops, I kind of like it actually. It reminds me a little bit of Diablo 3 where drops just rains down from the sky. It's really easy to gear up then just enjoy the rest of the content. Unfortunately, Vindi is really lacking content so this is where the abundance of drops fail. Maybe give it a few months, idk.
  • XieXie
    Vindictus Rep: 2,115
    edited June 26, 2017
    By the way, for abundance of drops issue, if you don't like the free gears that you get from battle, please don't npc or throw it away.

Instead, please donate all of your trash to Jaexin. I am poor and willing to help you clean your inventory. I appreciate your charity. +yes
  • V0lterixV0lterix
    Vindictus Rep: 1,555
    Question2 wrote: »
    Pre-Rise, I could do all the following even at level 90 and there would be a point :

s1 raids for seals and mats to make/dismantle items for element stones
    s2 raids for mats/seals
    s2 dailies for ap/scrolls/rings
    s1 hero runs for trans/scrolls/ore
    Muir/Shakkar/Succubus for drops/seals
    Low level arena for easy seals/helping newbies to get seals

Most of my friends logged on, did a few s2 runs for the novelty factor of getting easy rings/scrolls, then stood around and were like "theres nothing to do now".

So to summarise your post, you're saying that the whole purpose of previously doing S1 and S2 was for mats and seals, and you're upset because RISE has changed the the rewards given by S1 and S2. But S1 and S2 still give mats (just in a different form), so it's only logical to conclude that you're upset because they no longer give seals of braveries. Don't you think it's a bit pathetic that a heavily geared, rank 1 Evie with 170k+ ranking score has to rely on 60s S1 raids for seals? It makes no sense how you spend more hours of your day playing this game than you spend sleeping, yet you still waste your life on this game while having no regard for the longevity of the game.

Players will actually play this game if they feel like they can be rewarded with seals for actually learning how to fight S3 raid bosses rather than just brainlessly mashing their right click button to kill sleeperEZ s1 bosses. If this is honestly how you think a game should work, you should probably stick to Maplestory.

You also mention how you would do S1 hero runs for trans? Why did you need to trans if you reached a path level of 40? The only possibility is that you were too bad at the game to complete hero mode raids without transforming, which would also further prove that you're very bad at the game and can only get seals from S1 instead of S3 (unless you're being carried).

In parallel to these points about how you're fundamentally upset at the devs because you lack skill in the game, it's no surprise that there's no mention of Redeemers or Ein Lacher as content worth playing, since you're probably too unskilled for those as well. How can you say there is less content when you probably can't even do the 'new' content. Have you even completed redeemers 5 times? Only extremely stupid people would claim there is less content when they don't even have the mental capacity to try the new content.

tl;dr stick to maplestory.

I agree with all your points except for the last. There IS less content after rise, I don't know how it can be argued the other way as battles were only taken away. New Perilous Ruins is really great and it looks amazing, but that's just for new players. Colru 8man fighting the 4 mini bosses? Nope. Kraken 8man with 4 tent players and 4 on head? Nope. Dullahan should have been included with this update.
  • InferiusInferius
    Vindictus Rep: 620
    Thank you nexon. I took a year a break since I destroyed all my 90lvl weapons. I had some doubts if I should return or not. Now I see this is over. I have no doubts now that game is killed as your own desire. And even your gifts with wings, fully enchanted gears, outfits, runes won't fix it up. Maybe you changed drop rules to make it guaranteed like in tera and other normal mmos but that's not enough. Gear upgrade system is unacceptable. Sprint is awful same as graphics.
    Servers are empty I only see the same p2w players. Farming is pointless because there is noone to buy items. How attractive this game must be if everyone just stay afk?
  • gogoshicagogoshica
    Vindictus Rep: 500
    Inferius wrote: »
    Thank you nexon. I took a year a break since I destroyed all my 90lvl weapons. I had some doubts if I should return or not. Now I see this is over. I have no doubts now that game is killed as your own desire. And even your gifts with wings, fully enchanted gears, outfits, runes won't fix it up. Maybe you changed drop rules to make it guaranteed like in tera and other normal mmos but that's not enough. Gear upgrade system is unacceptable. Sprint is awful same as graphics.
    Servers are empty I only see the same p2w players. Farming is pointless because there is noone to buy items. How attractive this game must be if everyone just stay afk?

**** quit already then.Everyone on forums is lamenting and crying about this new update but nobody is actually leaving the game.
    Silerry
  • SolarSnowSolarSnow
    Vindictus Rep: 635
    Dullahan still takes the average kill time as long as the party is good. So average 10-15 minutes. Hero dulla however unless you have 4500 additional damage expect 30 minutes plus.

Wlill Dullahan be 4man or 8?
  • KingRichRiceKingRichRice
    Vindictus Rep: 1,410
    SolarSnow wrote: »

Wlill Dullahan be 4man or 8?

It will be 4-man from what I've seen.
    Dokkun
  • SlyGoatSlyGoat
    You're missing the point, buddy. The new game design is meant for you to create alts, hence the autopilot leveling - they want you to buy more character slots so you can have at least 1 of every character, then buy enhancement and enchant runes so you can gear those characters. They added +20s for a reason, m8. The game is now just a gear treadmill, that way they don't have to make good content anymore.
  • NeoyoshiEASTNeoyoshiEAST
    Vindictus Rep: 775
    From what I've seen, with how old gear content has been streamlined into Expertise crafting; it really comes down to simply a willingness from the player-base to be active; farm the new expertise materials, and either use them to craft gear to stimulate the Market or sell them on the Market just to get them into healthy circulation.

For me that's my focus right now, doing what i can to recirculate these new game materials and help stimulate the market. But it takes a lot of people in the community willing to conform to the new update.

Aside from that, i can't really say much in regard to whatever gripes or concerns people have; i just know that change tends to be jarring and some people will either accept it, or won't accept it.
  • oCharlotteoCharlotte
    Vindictus Rep: 1,345
    edited July 5, 2017
    SlyGoat wrote: »
    You're missing the point, buddy. The new game design is meant for you to create alts, hence the autopilot leveling - they want you to buy more character slots so you can have at least 1 of every character, then buy enhancement and enchant runes so you can gear those characters. They added +20s for a reason, m8. The game is now just a gear treadmill, that way they don't have to make good content anymore.

+20 isn't out for a reason, there is no reason. You can't just buy runes for Enhancement solely based on +20 gear levels. Enhancement runes only go up to the point of +10 and by that point it's not even worth it to even buy those considering how stupidly easy it is to get +10 now. There's only 1 enhancement rune in the game that will work past +11 and that is the Safeguard Destruction Rune but even that downgrades your item by 1 unbind and -2 pretty much all the time with that .2% chance of actually succeeding in whatever it is you are doing.

This goes for a lot of others as well, you can't just Pay for your enhancement runes and expect a +15. You have to work for it unless you just simply get lucky. You can't Pay real cash to have a +15 weapon or higher to get pooped out at you.

Enchant runes on the other hand. Those are fine :D
  • SaintGuinnessSaintGuinness
    Vindictus Rep: 1,730

The funny thing is that they made the game so easy that it doesn't make sense to gear up. without content, there's no reason to gear up. I've actively geared down so as to not kill a boss with half of a combo.
  • SlyGoatSlyGoat

The funny thing is that they made the game so easy that it doesn't make sense to gear up. without content, there's no reason to gear up. I've actively geared down so as to not kill a boss with half of a combo.

You're the exception. The majority of wallet warriors seem to want the game to be as easy as possible.
  • Question2Question2

I would love to see a video of you killing s3, nifleheim , RR or special bosses with "half a combo" from full hp.
  • Question2Question2
    From what I've seen, with how old gear content has been streamlined into Expertise crafting; it really comes down to simply a willingness from the player-base to be active; farm the new expertise materials, and either use them to craft gear to stimulate the Market or sell them on the Market just to get them into healthy circulation.

For me that's my focus right now, doing what i can to recirculate these new game materials and help stimulate the market. But it takes a lot of people in the community willing to conform to the new update.

Aside from that, i can't really say much in regard to whatever gripes or concerns people have; i just know that change tends to be jarring and some people will either accept it, or won't accept it.

But there is no point whatsoever in crafting and trying to sell low level gear anymore. Not only do they drop like candy (except for armor, oddly enough), you get them for free from quests (unless the free gear from quests got removed). Exception : gear for set titles.
  • autistic29yoautistic29yo
    Vindictus Rep: 420
    edited July 9, 2017
    Question2 wrote: »

I would love to see a video of you killing s3, nifleheim , RR or special bosses with "half a combo" from full hp.

I would love to see a video of you somehow struggling to kill s3, Niflheim or Redeemer's with overpowered +15 gear.
    iw2d