[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

KR Server Patch Notes & More

LynnCUBELynnCUBE
Vindictus Rep: 3,115
edited June 28, 2017 in Future Content
I will make this discussion the official one and post any future patch notes translations (and other stuff) in this thread so bookmark this page.
I believe making a new discussion every patch notes is too much spam and wish to avoid that.

If you have any questions, ask here or send me a message.
If you spot any mistakes, say here or send me a message.

I hope this will help players prepare for the future updates.

Disclaimer:

There might be typos, misinformation and wrong translations in the patch notes.
Translations will not be always on time cuz I'm lazy.
Some of the patches in Korea might not even come to our server.

I do not take any responsibility for you ferghusing your weapon, deleting your account or blowing up the Nexon Headquarters.
Ertxz18

Comments

• LynnCUBELynnCUBE
    edited June 22, 2017
    20170601165504813.png

Patch Notes 22.06.17

■ Battle

- Some of the Season 3 battles are now available in Hero mode.
    : Players over level 90 can enter Hero mode.
    : Hero mode will give an additional core and has a chance to give 'Hero's Item Box'.
    : Garden of Tears
    : Island Ruins
    : Temple of the Fallen Moon
    : The Shining One
    : Agony and Despair
    : Denizen of the Deep
    : Missing Soul (Dullahan)

- Changes have been made to the Hero mode bosses' attack pattern.

- 'Abyssal Arena' are now daily.
    : Players can enter 'Abyssal Arena' 3 times a day.
    : EXP reward has been increased.

- Some of the Season 1 and Season 2 main stories will now give more EXP.

- Rewards from some of the S1 and S2 main stories have been enhanced.
    : Level 50~80 gear are now rewarded at a more appropriate time.
    : However, gear drops from battle can be better than these.

- All battles of Season 1 that give less than 50 AP have been changed to give 50 AP.

- Season 3 Raids' gold reward has been significantly increased.

- The abnormal camera movement after defeating the boss has been fixed.

- 'Mercenary Training Gound' will no longer appear as 'Today's Battle'.

- 'Damage dealt to boss' and battle end cutscene, which did not appear in some battles, will now display properly.

■ Skills

- The damage of the secondary weapons now scale with the skill rank.
    : Secondary Weapon Skill will give damage bonus per rank.
    : 'Spear', 'Fine Spear', 'Small Bomb', 'Fine Small Bomb' and 'Sticky Bomb' will be affected.

- Kicks are now affected by 'Combat Mastery'.

- 'HP Potion Mastery' will give the appropriate bonus % per rank.

■ Story

- Next Season 2 story quest will display properly even if the player has completed part of the Season 2 story before the RISE update.

- The weird selection of the story 'Even If We Lose Everything' has been fixed.

- Players who obtained the story 'Videk's Business strategy' can now complete the story properly.
    : This quest will allow players to use the Infusion feature of the game.

■ Items

- Golden Luminary in 'Twilight Desert' will no longer drop useless items.

- Warning messages will now display when players try to destory, sell or incinerate an item with enhancement rank 8+ and enchant rank 8+.

- 'Platinum Token' and 'Marketplace Ticket' will be removed from players inventory.

■ Marketplace

- Items/gold will send even if the player gets the capitalization of the name wrong.
    SlothPrincessarkaine757SirRFIVelisiria
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    아~ 나이스~ you beat me to it xD
  • LynnCUBELynnCUBE

Stop playing Ys VIII and stream Vindictus :*
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    edited June 22, 2017
    So they're 100% settled on this update and tweaking it rather than admitting that it was poorly handled and rolling things back where they need to, eh?
    arkaine757EbonwingsGewelliriousSlothPrincessBloodAngel
  • NecrochildNecrochild
    Vindictus Rep: 3,325
    Well, hero mode S3 at least sounds interesting. Right now S3 raids that were at least fun in a duo or trio are now as big as a faceroll as they used to be in an 8 man setting.
  • VinVinVinVin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,265
    edited June 22, 2017
    Ugly Tieve ... Tieve is ugly as hell now. Only for that, the blowing the Nexon Headquarters you talk about is justified.
    Mercenary Training Gound' will no longer appear as 'Today's Battle'.
    Damn, bye to the quick 300 AP xD
    - Some of the Season 1 and Season 2 main stories will now give more EXP.
    Totally unnecesary. Played with a level 44 alt BEFORE the 2x exp event time, and somehow I ended at level 62 very quickly. Leveling is very fast now, it is totally pointless to increase it further.

• 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    LynnCUBE wrote: »

Stop playing Ys VIII and stream Vindictus :*

But its so goooooood especially on inferno mode WutFace. Miri is next week test server so i know ill be there.
  • NecrochildNecrochild
    Vindictus Rep: 3,325
    VinVin wrote: »
    Ugly Tieve ... Tieve is ugly as hell now.

Before/After RISE

awnm5XW_460s.jpg
    PhoebeHalliwelBloodAngel
  • LynnCUBELynnCUBE
    edited July 12, 2017
    Necrochild wrote: »
    VinVin wrote: »
    Ugly Tieve ... Tieve is ugly as hell now.

Before/After RISE

awnm5XW_460s.jpg

At least she's better than the old one.

i24008911.jpg

• LynnCUBELynnCUBE
    edited June 22, 2017
    Necrochild wrote: »
    Well, hero mode S3 at least sounds interesting. Right now S3 raids that were at least fun in a duo or trio are now as big as a faceroll as they used to be in an 8 man setting.

Hero Mode has 300% more HP, 3000 more ATT and 3000 more DEF which cannot be bypassed with player ATT.
    Also, faster boss patterns/att spd.
    (The stats for S3 Raid Bosses are out if anyone is interested)

A 4 man party with the following stats (ATT / CRIT+BAL / ATTSPD / Additional DMG):

28.4k / 213 / 79 / 4227
    32.5k / 234 / 89 / 4500
    30.6k / 235 / 82 / 5200
    30.8k / 226 / 87 / 4800

took

Regina - 7:30
    Braha - 8:40
    A. Glas - 7:20
    Lugh - 9:30
    Eochaid - 7:20
    Abo - 9:50
    Dullahan - 16:00

in Hero mode.

If you have lower Additional DMG, good luck and have fun for one more Eochaid's Smelly Toenail

i14306340836.gif

But this difficulty reminds me of the old Vindictus FeelsGoodMan
  • XieXie
    Vindictus Rep: 2,115
    - 'Damage dealt to boss' and battle end cutscene, which did not appear in some battles, will now display properly.

Does this include Neamhain? O.o

• LynnCUBELynnCUBE
    Xie wrote: »

No, it's a bug fix. It doesn't add end cutscenes to Neam.
  • PuppymanPuppyman
    Vindictus Rep: 3,055
    If hero mode is just +1 core then the jokes are real with this new director
  • XieXie

No, I mean, they took out the 'Damage dealt to boss' screen in Neamhain for NA. D=
    I don't know if it's permanent or was a mistake. Was hoping that they've put it back or something with this patch. <<;;
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드

No, I mean, they took out the 'Damage dealt to boss' screen in Neamhain for NA. D=
    I don't know if it's permanent or was a mistake. Was hoping that they've put it back or something with this patch. <<;;

Neamhain kinda had this issue after RISE where sometimes the damage appeared and sometimes it just.....didn't for some unknown reason.
    Xie
  • GewelliriousGewellirious
    Vindictus Rep: 2,945
    Realising they ask you to get 50k ATT and 333 technique to do s3 Hero, ahem how does it change anything ? Nah I meant, people want something like old content.. Keaghan was "hard" at release, but never asked 60 spd and 20k ATT to cap, he was a fair boss for stats, he was fair even with the gimmick by the way. (only ONE player to destroy the devil statue.. not the whole party)

Bosses like Ingkells switching attack patterns at lower HP, going berserk.. that doesn't ring a bell ? ring ring ?

Proto said everything, you shouldn't tweak this sh*t at all.. it has to be remade from A to Z, but we get it, nothing's gonna change, RIP.
    Can't wait next redeemers asking for +17-18 when people will start having them, and find the game "boring" so they need "content for themselves".

A 8 year-old could understand where this game is going, game was loveable, but I hope people will abandon ship before it hurts even harder. No one wanted to stay on the Titanic when it began sinking...
    BloodAngelShiina06BatSnacks
  • XieXie

Neamhain kinda had this issue after RISE where sometimes the damage appeared and sometimes it just.....didn't for some unknown reason.

Ah, thank you, so it's not completely gone. :o
    At least, it's better than complete gone.
    Hope they fix it so it can be more consistent lol
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    edited June 22, 2017

Ah, thank you, so it's not completely gone. :o
    At least, it's better than complete gone.
    Hope they fix it so it can be more consistent lol

If anything it should be fixed now +흐흐 (+haha) I would test it to find out but.....이스VIII (Ys VIII) has got me by the throat atm.
    Xie
  • Ertxz18Ertxz18
    Vindictus Rep: 1,390
    I may have missed this but after the first Rise update did they go back and do any improvements on the old S1 and S2 raids to make them harder again at normal difficulty? I just saw a junyoop video in which he took a bit of time beating Glas in the Catacombs but I couldn't tell what difficulty he was playing on. It didn't seem fast so I don't think it was hero.
  • LynnCUBELynnCUBE
    Ertxz18 wrote: »
    I may have missed this but after the first Rise update did they go back and do any improvements on the old S1 and S2 raids to make them harder again at normal difficulty? I just saw a junyoop video in which he took a bit of time beating Glas in the Catacombs but I couldn't tell what difficulty he was playing on. It didn't seem fast so I don't think it was hero.

The quick 15 second one shot boss kill videos are ones in normal mode which caused some outrage in the forums.
    Then they added some hero mode upon Live Server release and some after few days.
    The Hero Mode S1, S2 are like the Hard Mode S1, S2 Raid before RISE Update.