[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

A very sensitive topic on controls

borislavk1borislavk1
Vindictus Rep: 220
in General Discussion
Hi there I was an active EU player before this dumb migration and in a second you will see as to why I think this migration ruined things for me and why it is important for a company to pay attention to small things because it can upset people like me and this way they can lose on potential customers that are willing to pay them for their in game cosmetics lets say regardless let me get to the point.

So when the migration happened I thought cool everyone is going to be playing on one launcher bla bla, but of course as soon as it happened and I logged in I started doing my casual grind in the game (as we all do) and boom what do i find .... new freaking controls that are completely stupid, yes you might say that maybe that is something stupid to "cry" about but seriously they implemented a run and walk option WHAT THE ACTUAL **** WAS THAT ALL ABOUT...... I was completely speechless I tried 100eds of things to try and fix it nothing worked. The reason to why this annoyed me and made me not want to continue playing was because for years I have been use to just pressing W to run and i mean JUST RUN there was no such thing as walking the walking feature was pretty much running in the EU so now from all the skills and buttons that you have to press during battle you gotta try and adapt to freaking running ? Seriously?!?!?! In my opinion that implementation was stupid and still is stupid why on earth would you implement such thing ? To make it more realistic ? Its F*&^ing pixels its not real life the characters wont get tired ..... (obviously not stamina wise) why would you create an extra key for running ? Was it some kind of a breakthrough in one of your business meetings over a skype call, I am truly confused and upset that you would expect so many players from Europe to adapt to something as such... thats like getting a different key board for your pc that you have never used before it will take you some time to get use to typing on it as you use to type on your old one ... My point is i really do not want to adapt to something that you want me to adapt to this game is made for us the players not for you the developers once you have made on option dont go changing it believe you me it can lose on so many potential clients just like that I am a business student (was) and I am sure to know how much a small change in a business that may not be appealing to alot but to some, may lose on the income of the business !

Thank you,

P.S. I know there might be alot of hate but this is my personal point of view and pretty much alot of other people's personal point of view too for sudden changes that are making it more difficult for the veterans of a game rather than leaving it as it was because lets look at it realistically this is about controls not something else.
EzRaSTAmenari

Comments

• Weiss_OswaldWeiss_Oswald
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    They didn 't "implement" the run system. They DELETED the previous auto-run system that we used on Europe that was part of the XE server system. Instead, they gave us the first version of the game, called, Premiere, that NA players and KR players have been stuck to since the very begining of the Vindictus existence, except Korea once had both XE and premiere servers, but all of them moved to Premiere by now, even China server (the last XE survivor) has been ported to Premiere.

Just face it: Nexon&Devcat couldn't handle updating and mainting 2 versions of the game, XE was getting buggier and buggier over time because simple adaptations were not doing the job, so, they decided to just cut it away with the migration, and later they did the same on China.

I understand your frustration adapting to the new Walk-Run system, I still feel like it is way worse than XE autorun (took me like 2 weeks to fully adapt to it, I recommend changing the Run key to -Space, or whatever, and Dodge to Shift, as that's probably what you are used to).
    Besides the stupid stutter the characters do when you suddenly stop running (this crap kills me so many times in Neamhain....), the removal of auto-sprint from XE actually has some up points, them being:

-Auto sprint from XE bugged the Dodge skills, making their invulnerability frames not work properly, this is specially noticeable in Lann swords, but I can notice a difference in any character, as Arisha and Evie;
    -Better response in transaction between dodge and normal attack for some characters;
    -Some character's dodge was weirdly unresponsive, this doesn't happen on Premiere (ie:Kai bow)

Again: I understand that you are frustrated, as we all were upon the migration, but one thing we have to face: XE is not coming back, its out of our hands, unfortunately.
    I'd say try to endure the pain that it is to walk and run around, it's not that hard after some practice, and in the end, it doesn't make that much of a difference combat-wise in the middle of a raid.
  • MrGattoMrGatto
    Vindictus Rep: 1,575
    edited June 13, 2017
    Thats the way it was in Premiere always,it was known before that if we merge we will get their game version along with such changes.
    As for why its like this in this game,good question I guess you would have to ask the developer who came up with the idea when they first developed the original version of the game:P 'which is this'

It was a bit uncomfortable after playing XE for years but now I'm used to it again 'used to play on NA before EU anyway so it wasn't completely new'.

If anything I'm more upset about the removal of TIR,can't buy a damn thing like this.
  • KevinKevin
    Vindictus Rep: 750
    Hold W and quickly double tap A or D to start running easily
    Amenari
  • AyPoolAyPool
    Vindictus Rep: 1,285
    I understand your frustration inability to adapt to small changes in control scheme and hold a button or double-tap a directional key to run, but this topic has been discussed ad nauseam. Like above posters say XE is not coming back and most likely the Developers will not bring the feature back, am I favoring Premiere or XE? Absolutely not, I am merely describing the reality of the situation here.

You'll just have to

Deal With It
    mcGz7Io.png
    Bull
  • JynXiJynXi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,025
    I'm an EU player and I didnt even read your post. Then I saw some other person 'defending' the run option. So this means you prolly did hate this feature.

I have the idea that your complaining is randomly stuff, based on nothing.

What are the odds that I am right?
  • MyDeliaMyDelia
    Vindictus Rep: 655
    Here's something people don't do that helps.

WASD normal movement.
    Dodge/block on left shift.
    Run on spacebar.

This is how you can easily tap run to move quickly while having a modicum of stamina recovery. This also simplifies movement as you just hold whichever direction you want to go and then hold spacebar down to run. Shift for all dodge/block.

You can swap dodge/run between shift and spacebar but I prefer running on spacebar because of the ease of being able to tap it and with good play you shouldn't need to be tapping shift that much.
    Gewellirious
  • Rena_RyuguRena_Ryugu
    Vindictus Rep: 765
    Your not the only one..ye ye adapt..and here i am playing another game.. they probably calculated cost/benefits of losing customers running an inferior version of the game.
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    Vindictus Rep: 2,915
    now you have an option to restore stam and still move around at the same time. i'd say it's an improvement.
  • BabyDaniBabyDani
    Vindictus Rep: 1,735
    I understand how annoying it must be to be forced to switch to premier version.... but I have played premier in NA and XE in China.... I prefer premier. my advice would be, give it a chance! it's still a great game...you'll adapt to run/walk system in no time if you don't let the change make you a mr. grumpy-pants. ;)

also, fwiw, i prefer run on the shift key...and dodge/block on spacebar. there isn't really any critical timing on running, but there is on dodge/block...i can be more precise (while i'm panicking/screaming/about to get smacked lol) with my thumb on the big ol' spacebar

anyway, i like having run/walk...makes the game more dynamic...i wish we had an actual slow walk too, and a crawl! ha.. rip jump :'(
  • iMiniiMini
    Vindictus Rep: 2,065
    Double-tap and hold a movement key? I mean I guess it's what I'm used to so it seems so simple.
    At the least, it's better than holding the run key.
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    Feels like "unnecessary addition", but You will get used to it. Furthermore, "Rise" update increases benefits of sprinting - the longer You sprint, the faster You go.

Kevin wrote: »
    To this day I hate double tap. Wish it was either alternative/toggle or removed.

2edgy4u wrote: »
    now you have an option to restore stam and still move around at the same time. i'd say it's an improvement.
    Unsure what You are referring to, but in XE during "sprint" stamina regenerated normally.
  • EzRaSTEzRaST
    Vindictus Rep: 300
    It's so stupid ,honestly sometimes I get my fingers stuck in the damn keyboard..........I either run and have a hard time pressing so many damn buttons in the same time or I simply fight without running because it's too damn annoying without the EU controls! Plus the "tired" animation is pathetic.....I miss the game as it was before migration "dinamyc" ......

This is my personal opinion that no one cares about and just to know I will never buy NX ever again until the auto-run and crazy Vella jumps in season 2 comes back ;)
  • AimAndKillAimAndKill
    Vindictus Rep: 1,590
    Loool I'd pay to see your reaction to back when running drained your stamina in NA.
  • V0lterixV0lterix
    Vindictus Rep: 1,555
    I pretty much never use double tap. Assigning space bar to run and shift as dodge was a great decision. No issues.
  • AmenariAmenari
    Vindictus Rep: 1,230
    Kevin wrote: »

This partly helped. Thank you