[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

RISE Update Story Structure Changes

탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
Vindictus Rep: 5,590
edited June 4, 2017 in Future Content
So far after experiencing RISE Update on my Lynn on live with the full experience instead of on test where EXP is x50 the whole story structure has been altered besides Episode 1. So far I have completed up to Episode 4 and both Hoarfrost Hollow and Ainle were restructured. Prepare for Counterattack is combined with Ekelch quest due to what will be shown in this highlight I am about to link on what DevCAT pulled for the new players of teasing them a little. Blood Prince and Emperor were combined as well. You CAN NOT run those dungeons anymore after they have been completed for the story due to what is teased. Now for the highlight of what they did. So if you haven't gotten those titles regarding those 2 dungeons get them while you can.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/149158527

As a heads up this video DOES have 3 profanity words because of my reaction and not expecting this. It's a good reaction though so in the words of Saygo Let it Slide ㅇㅅㅇ
Order5UsagiiiKun

Comments

• ErrareErrare
    Vindictus Rep: 300
    Despite some pretty bad moves on the new patch, they seem to got alot better in making cutscenes/storytelling, makes me wanna see the new episode! (dat disrespect for title hoaders doe)
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    edited June 4, 2017
    Well its as i mentioned before this patch is not even intended for mainly endgame players. Thats next month. This patch was mainly for early game so in a reality 98% of this update is gold. Just the last 2% just.....overshadows the page giving it the underrated reputation it honestly didnt deserve. But thats why i made a new character because i wanted to see whats good about this update. So far 98% its a great update. If anything what they should have done was thing the endgame changes through more and find better ways to compliment those changes and keep them more towards endgame updates.
  • hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    edited June 4, 2017
    On live? So you mean they've already pushed it and we can expect the update to arrive in around month?
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    It is officially on live server on kr
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    edited June 4, 2017
    Storytelling and cutscenes were pretty boring in S1, until the second half at least. I didn't expect anything new beyond reworked Perilous Ruins either, so this is pretty nice. I don't necessarily like that they pushed transformation to so early stage - it already bothered me that transformation was available too early story and progression wise (in S1E4 we are still just clean up crew, and we were given the powers by the Silent Brotherhood just to help Tieve). I have no idea what is said there or what is the image showing, but perhaps now it will make more sense about becoming "gifted". I still find it too early though - instead of being extremely skilled mercenaries, we are supernaturals since the beginning, so what stops us from doing that in next episodes? Well, if that makes people excited to see more...

What titles do You mean more precisely? We know oaths are gone, so no more macha titles - anything more to that?

As for the update: We all can agree it's very good update overall, but few things that majority dislike are pretty heavy issue, at least as far it looks or on paper. We'll be able to judge it better once it comes here. Personally I dislike 60lv+ raid changes to regular battles, reducing S3 raids to 4-man (6 would be fine though), potion animation removal and things that affect damage output. I know that's not topic for it, but since You mentioned... Can You please tell what happened to hero rewards? As in: are there still extra cores, more gold, can drop scrolls? Or it's basically normal mode with higher stats and speed? Were S3 non-raid battles affected as well?
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    edited June 4, 2017
    They arent really pushing trans on the player. The reason why its done this way is because it gives the player a taste of what they will be able to have in the future. So that way once the player tastes both forms they will have a chance to decide on which transformation they want because thats a Past The Point of No Return thing. You cant buy a transform change whenever you want. That rarely appears as an event. So this step is a really good thing to introduce the player into transformation and give them a taste.

Titles for running the dungeons 100 times.

As for the hero runs no idea because i've been busy leveling lynn preparing for the 2nd weapon.

Streaming the early game changes on a new created char so if you have questions feel free to ask. Twitch link is on my profile xD
    Strangerina
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    edited June 6, 2017
    I am wondering what 4-man Kraken boats are like. Are they just head-rushes now?
    FlufffyParrot
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    I wont know until tonight in stream :P just beat Season 1 to uncover all of this.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/150058676
    Order5
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Another thing I forgot to mention. Confirmed you don't have to run Lionotus twice to progress. Also you can progress simply off of story quests (currently) I've done maybe 20 sidequests and Im pretty much overleveled starting Malina.
    Order5FlufffyParrot
  • BloodAngelBloodAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,875
    Another thing I forgot to mention. Confirmed you don't have to run Lionotus twice to progress. Also you can progress simply off of story quests (currently) I've done maybe 20 sidequests and Im pretty much overleveled starting Malina.

That seems like a junk change with lio, because why make them not raids and then change it like that anyways? I'd say one or the other but whatever, derpcat being derpcat I guess.
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    BloodAngel wrote: »

That seems like a junk change with lio, because why make them not raids and then change it like that anyways? I'd say one or the other but whatever, derpcat being derpcat I guess.

Not even a bad change as far as I'm concerned.
    FlufffyParrot
  • NuclearChickenNuclearChicken
    Vindictus Rep: 1,385
    So, from what i saw, you can now start season 2 as soon as you finish season 1? no level restrictions? Because you were doing the earthshaker mission at lvl 67
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Yeah s2 is lvl 65 minimum req starting out.
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    Well its as i mentioned before this patch is not even intended for mainly endgame players. Thats next month.

Any idea on what is expected for next month?
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Cloakshire wrote: »
    Well its as i mentioned before this patch is not even intended for mainly endgame players. Thats next month.

Any idea on what is expected for next month?

Yes. Miri and Season 3 Chapter 2 Episode 4 are next month. Which means later this month is Test Server since July 6th (probably the 8th....I know it was one of the two) is live.
  • BloodAngelBloodAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,875

I think you misunderstand, raids are limited to once per day. Lionotus used to be a raid, but now you don't even have to run him twice for the story. Yeah I agree running him twice was annoying, so why not just change that and leave them as raids? Idk especially something like that where it takes plenty of sticky bombs to get rid of Verafim and or get him to a lower level. It's a junk change because they could have just kept it as a raid and made it so it was one lio run to proceed in s1 story. Too bad though as it's probably too late and they wouldn't think about going back and making everything raids again.
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    Do you still receive the sub-stories for level 66-69 Enchant scrolls (Strong, Healthy, Significant, Passion)?
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Order5 wrote: »
    Do you still receive the sub-stories for level 66-69 Enchant scrolls (Strong, Healthy, Significant, Passion)?

Yes My lynn acquired them in her quest list.
    Order5
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    edited June 8, 2017

I think you misunderstand, raids are limited to once per day. Lionotus used to be a raid, but now you don't even have to run him twice for the story. Yeah I agree running him twice was annoying, so why not just change that and leave them as raids? Idk especially something like that where it takes plenty of sticky bombs to get rid of Verafim and or get him to a lower level. It's a junk change because they could have just kept it as a raid and made it so it was one lio run to proceed in s1 story. Too bad though as it's probably too late and they wouldn't think about going back and making everything raids again.

Nah I understood you completely. I'm just mean the change itself is fine. But other than that it's okay. So far the update has been great. S2 definitely feels weird since the maps kinda.....don't really zone you in the order you would expect. Crescent Moon Island Zaka quest had me take the route towards Kaula instead of to Zaka....yet.....I ended up in Zaka's area. On top of that the route to Zaka was blocked. It was weird. Like....the zoning just doesn't really make sense for that dungeon specifically xD The others....I don't really have a thought on those xD

(Pretty much off-topic but an achievement): I managed to get the character traits translated in-game thankfully so theirs that.
    Order5
  • DancingStarDancingStar
    Vindictus Rep: 1,695
    Nobody till now complained about the new drop rate system?

- 3% damage or less = 1 core
    - 80% damage = +2 cores

Honestly why any veteran player should even try to create or join parties to play with other ppl when they can simply solo stuff and get more cores?
    (which is what every endgame player looks for)
    And what about the newbee who would join parties for a chance to make some money and improve their gear but they could get surclassed by op party members leaving them with a 3% or less damage and 1 core only?

Yes, there's a fair zone between 3 and 80% in which u would get the normal amount of cores..but who would do that if u can simply solo stuff with scaled hp and also being rewarded with more cores?
    This could easily lead ppl to make their own private parties and solo stuff for the cores.. making the game even more dead than it is, and it would even become harder to find parties..

If i'm wrong about what i read pls correct me, else i call this specific changement a bs..
    BoninoxXieSlothPrincess