[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Vindictus "RISE" Update Patch Notes Translation

Comments

• TwilightSparkleTwilightSparkle
    Vindictus Rep: 2,440
    Ertxz18 wrote: »
    New hair and outfitter included with the Rise update.

20170601155940906.jpg

20170601155957544.jpg
    didnt we have that hair already?
  • GewelliriousGewellirious
    Vindictus Rep: 2,945
    edited June 2, 2017
    VinVin wrote: »
    If Evie could get in the royal army and decides to join the mercenaries... why does she join later the royal army? That's a weird hole in her story.

:c
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    LynnCUBE wrote: »
    Where do I upload character stories if I decide to translate them full?

There's a Story section of the forums that you can add them to.
  • LadyWyckaLadyWycka
    Vindictus Rep: 430
    LadyWycka wrote: »
    Are there any translated versions of the full character backstories? I've been wanting to read Evie's for...well 6 years now:D

Well....uhm... I don't know if I will be translating all the character backstories because they are each pretty long... but I can give you "short" version of Evie.

img_story_3_1.jpg

Evie was a daughter of a rich landlord in the East. She was very talented in handling magic, and she was very happy to study it.
    When her father found out Evie was a natural talent, he did not want her to become used in the war like all other magicians in the East were.
    So he went to the West and brought back Evie a teacher for magic.

After years of training, Evie became very skilled in handling magic. She could use all types of magic, however, she did not have a type she was specialized in.

Out of nowhere, a news broke out through the country that the king and the 2nd prince have died in the battle against the fomors.
    But it was found out that the King was not even in the battle and the 2nd prince was shot by an arrow from the royal army, not the fomors.

img_story_3_2.jpg

Short after this news broke out, Evie's father talked to her teacher and handed a ship ticket to Evie telling her to go to the west, to the magic academy.
    He also gave the servants and maids decent amount of money and told them to go back to their homes.
    That evening, Evie was on a couch with her teacher onto the way to the docks.

Evie suddenly had a change of mind, and decided to return to her father. She told the coachman to head back to house.

img_story_3_3.jpg

When she arrived, the house was on fire. Evie ran into the house and started shouting out for her father.

When she found her father, he was in his office fallen to the ground. There was also another man in the room covered in a robe.
    "Traitor's daughter. That would also make you a traitor." said the man. He wielded his staff and attacked Evie with black piercing magic.
    Evie managed to dodge the magic, but not completely. She was covered in wounds.

img_story_3_4.jpg

As the man prepared for his next magic, Evie blinded the man with her flames and shot out a flame missile as the man was in confusion.
    Despite the effort, the man made all the air flow out of the room, making the flames go out. Evie and her father couldn't also breath anymore.

The man prepared his attack and shot out another black missiles towards Evie and her father. Evie closed her eyes and trembled in fear.
    'Help me!' she cried inside.

Suddenly, a loud metal noise was heard between her and the man. A large man-like shape was standing blocking all the black magic.

It was a golem. A mythical being that makes himself out of nearby objects was summoned to the real world.

The man was confused by the magic he never seen before. As the man tried to dodge, it was too late.
    The golem striked the man with his fist out of a table. The man flew across the room and fell to his death.

Using the golem, Evie and her father managed to get out of the crumbling mansion.
    However, it was too late for Evie's father. "Live how you want, Evie" was the father's last words with a smile.

Soon after, Evie's magic teacher, who heard about the attack while waiting at the dock, found Evie and they went to the west.

----

The magic academy was a huge tower, where all the famous magicians of the West graduated from.
    Getting a certificate for one type of magic would get the magician into the magician guild or the royal army, and getting all the certificates for all criterias would be the greatest honor for the magician.

After getting all certificates, Evie could join anywhere she wanted, even become a royalty.

"I will leave the tower to become a mercenary" Evie said.

All her colleagues her suprised and tried to make her reconsider her decision.
    But her decision was final. She wanted to help people who were close to death by being near them.

Evie was on the couch heading for rocheste.
    She could not feel any more free than ever.

img_story_3_5.jpg

Thank you very much for the translation though it's only the gist of it I appreciate it^^
    BloodAngelLynnCUBEAnthonytonyboy
  • MenrvaMenrva
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    If Evie could get in the royal army and decides to join the mercenaries... why does she join later the royal army? That's a weird hole in her story.
    Because her group of friends did, probably. Most of the other heroes seem like they'd be excited to join. Stick together no matter what ~
  • KursKurs
    Vindictus Rep: 2,320

It could be a matter of changing circumstances. One day the best way to help people may be to be a mercenary, and through experience and changing events and circumstances the next day the best way to help people may be to be in the Royal Army
    BloodAngel
  • SAXSAX
    Vindictus Rep: 1,605
    Meta wrote: »

Putting a carrot in front of players to futilely chase usually doesn't work out. You can go check the BDO forums & Reddit if you'd like to see how happy players are when you actually need the highest enhance in the game to be at the top and players fail at doing so. Their rates are booty also, but at least they have failstacks to increase the chance. Still, once they fail people realize all that grinding was for nothing. A 1% chance at +20 is utterly ridiculous, and because of how probabilities work, that means that far fewer thank 1% of players will ever even see it.

Lol BDO equipment never breaks. What's even better that you can only fail +17 and above. And your enchant will never go under +16 lol. Most only go up to +18 anyways.

The only thing that break in BDO are accessories and most only go up to +3.

Vindictus makes BDO enchantments look like easy mode and that's pretty bad. Devcat need to get their heads out their butts on this crappy enchantment system they have here

So the items aren't lost on TET failure or whatever? That was my understanding, that going for the highest enhance/enchantment could result in destruction, unless I misunderstood and it's as you said, only going for DUO, TET, or whatever on accessories.

Regardless, agreed, Vindi's system is ridiculous. Lineage/L II are the only other titles I know of with such ridiculous penalties on failure.

People complaining about enhance being a pain when in Ragnarok enhance goes to +20 too and the item break past +4
  • MenrvaMenrva
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    SAX wrote: »
    Meta wrote: »

Putting a carrot in front of players to futilely chase usually doesn't work out. You can go check the BDO forums & Reddit if you'd like to see how happy players are when you actually need the highest enhance in the game to be at the top and players fail at doing so. Their rates are booty also, but at least they have failstacks to increase the chance. Still, once they fail people realize all that grinding was for nothing. A 1% chance at +20 is utterly ridiculous, and because of how probabilities work, that means that far fewer thank 1% of players will ever even see it.

Lol BDO equipment never breaks. What's even better that you can only fail +17 and above. And your enchant will never go under +16 lol. Most only go up to +18 anyways.

The only thing that break in BDO are accessories and most only go up to +3.

Vindictus makes BDO enchantments look like easy mode and that's pretty bad. Devcat need to get their heads out their butts on this crappy enchantment system they have here

So the items aren't lost on TET failure or whatever? That was my understanding, that going for the highest enhance/enchantment could result in destruction, unless I misunderstood and it's as you said, only going for DUO, TET, or whatever on accessories.

Regardless, agreed, Vindi's system is ridiculous. Lineage/L II are the only other titles I know of with such ridiculous penalties on failure.

People complaining about enhance being a pain when in Ragnarok enhance goes to +20 too and the item break past +4

I quit Ragnarok and I'll quit Vindi too.
    BloodAngelPrototypemindSekaiiz
  • FuzetsuFuzetsu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,345
    Didn't Dataminers found out that weapon enhances can go up to +26?
    Why not just go all the way.
  • MarronGlacesMarronGlaces
    Vindictus Rep: 1,055
    edited June 3, 2017

And? Doesn't make Vindi's system any less bad.
    2edgy4uRiva
  • BloodAngelBloodAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,875
    @MarronGlaces exactly, two wrongs don't make a right and it's still awful for people to think +20 is even a good idea. Especially with the insane stuff it gives as its perks. Every enhance difference after +10 is big too but its whatever. Something we'll just have to live with I guess.
  • MyDeliaMyDelia
    Vindictus Rep: 655
    edited June 4, 2017

What is Ragnarok?
  • PuppymanPuppyman
    Vindictus Rep: 3,055
    So, now that the upadtes live in kr, with changes to 'all' below s3 raids are no longer raids, do we only have royal raids, s3 raids, and nilfheim for seals of bravery?
  • SAXSAX
    Vindictus Rep: 1,605

My point was that vindi isnt the only nor the worst game with awful enhance system
  • MyDeliaMyDelia
    Vindictus Rep: 655
    Puppyman wrote: »
    So, now that the upadtes live in kr, with changes to 'all' below s3 raids are no longer raids, do we only have royal raids, s3 raids, and nilfheim for seals of bravery?

If that's the case it changes nothing.
    Who had time to sit through and play through so many raids anyway? Especially with the way boats unpopulate themselves nowadays? People literally have to mega just to fill up most boats. That's pretty sad. But hey, Nexon is making steady money from people megaphoning so there's that...
  • MJxDMJxD
    Vindictus Rep: 920
    Where do I upload character stories if I decide to translate them full?

you can post it all in one post in future content if you want or if thats too big you can post each one in there own character fourms

iam sure lots of vet players would love too see there character story. like me i really want to read fiona's it looks awesome from the pictures and i still dont know her story after 5 years xD

and lastly thanks for all your Hard work Cube you've translated so much for us thank you very much C:
  • DownIoadDownIoad
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185

I would also like an answer to this please.
    Also can you get seals from Shakkar still?
  • PuppymanPuppyman
    Vindictus Rep: 3,055
    MyDelia wrote: »

Who had time to sit through and play through so many raids anyway? Especially with the way boats unpopulate themselves nowadays? People literally have to mega just to fill up most boats. That's pretty sad. But hey, Nexon is making steady money from people megaphoning so there's that...

Nexon hidden agenda: Add 300 seal special new ehance rune - Make seals harder to get

:">
    AnthonytonyboyPhoebeHalliwel
  • JessGameJessGame
    Vindictus Rep: 1,870
    edited June 5, 2017
    So there will still be season 2 and earlier battles for our level?Im seeing Hero Iset:

Will they still drop rank 7 scrolls?
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    MyDelia wrote: »

I know more folks that tend to run 4-5 S3 runs a week (Eoch and obom is about it) and 8-10 S2 raids... (A mix of Haven, Kraken, iset, Lako).

And at least on the weekends it seems that Eoch is much harder to fill than the 4 mentioned S2 raids. (Honestly I stopped doing raids or much else during the week now.)

As for megas... I thought we all were just using free ones from past events. I still have 1000s to burn before I ever have to bother buying any from the market place. + you have to admit QB does help fill them much faster than they used too.